Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > General forum > Would you support a change to all game formulae? Ajouter ce sujet à votre liste des sujets à ignorer Ajouter ce sujet à votre liste des sujets à observer
Page « 1 2 3 ... 6 7 [8 Saut rapide vers la page:
Forum sondages
Would you support all game formulae being changed?
Enregistrez vous pour voter ou voir les résultats des sondages
Auteur Sujet: Would you support a change to all game formulae? 227 réponses
Mehdi El Fathy
(Groupe Pro - 2)

Pays:
France 
Certifié: 
J'aime ce post (1)   Je n'aime pas ce post (0)
Posts anciens #211 Posté (le) 26 Août 2016, 22:32:37 (dernière édition (le) 26 Août 2016, 22:34:07 par Mehdi El Fathy) Citer 
Well sorry about it but I'm pulling the alarm again.

I just want to show again about how overly broken overtaking is and today's race shows it again.

/gb/race.asp?Group=Pro%20-%202

So the start of the race is pretty normal compared to the game's usual scenarios. We're blocking each other on the first 3 stints (on Spa, a track that has literally plenty of overtaking opportunity, especially one starting from La Source all the way up to the end of Kemmel Straight, which is a good couple of kilometers.)

As a real like example, we have Mika overtaking Schumi with that legendary overtake at Kemmel, and more recently Webber's going for the pass before Eau Rouge, getting Alonso done and dusted. The latter shows you don't need huge straight in order to take advantages of aerodynamic physics.

After the last pitstop I'm closing in on my opponent, knowing I should have my boost laps starting on L40.

I'll go about the following very quickly; I mis-used my own brain by putting the extra fuel required for boost laps in all but the last stint, which saw me do an extra pit,and my opponent used a boost lap starting on L41, but both issues doesn't seem to matter after analysing L40/L41/L42

So here we go for these lap analysis. I'm starting my boost lap exactly one lap before he does, which will be seen during the following.

Lap 40 : I'm on my first boost lap. We've been running laps around the 1.48.6 marks during the majority of the race. I closed the gap to my opponent, which is under half a second behind me, so roughly a car length or two. We're on Spa, so I'm expecting a big gap between a normal and a boosted lap, especially as my best lap is a 1.47.7, a boosted lap on L2, with more or less a third of the maximum fuel capacity. But it appears I'm as fast as usual, if not slightly slower than some of my best unboosted laps, with a 1.48.5. For a so-called boost lap, which supposedly mean the car has more power over the course of a lap, it doesn't appear to have a huge effect, especially when a considerable amount of time is spent at full throttle, thanks to the many high-speed parts of the track.

Lap 41 : The second boost lap is miraculously faster, a bit more than a full second faster than the previous boost lap, and the same happens to both of us, setting our fastest laps of the race. Pretty much shows he started his boost lap on this one, and that my first one absolutely had no effect, which is sad considered it's supposed to make overtaking easier.

Lap 42 : This lap see me being half a second faster than the previous lap, and so is my opponent. Which is kind of weird. If I managed to be half a second faster than L41, why didn't I manage to do that on the very first boost lap? During these laps we held the very same pace together, so that got to mean some extensive blocking.

Lap 43 saw me going back to the pits but that would have changed nothing about the battle for the win if I didn't mis-use my brain as my opponent would have had the edge with his last boost lap on this very lap.

Shows pretty much that there is seriously something that has to be fixed with the overtaking/blocking scheme, as even a feature that was introduced a few seasons ago didn't even work on a track that is a lot more overtake-friendly than most other ones.

And if you're reading this and that you aren't really convinced by that, I would suggest you to have a look at the following F1 race this weekend. The drivers will probably overtake easily, and that without even needing the DRS, so they'll probably blitz through their opponent once they activate it.
As for a situation that could more or less replicate the conditions that we have here, then it might be wise having a look at the KERS era, with and without the DRS, as the real-life KERS is somewhat close to the boost lap feature we have here. I wouldn't be surprised if there has been at least one overtake from someone activating the KERS while his opponent doesn't have any remaining energy during a lap.

This has got to be a major change in the near future. Then after seeing the effects provided by an eventual change, we should then evaluate the possibility about changing other things. IMHO.

And bear in mind that could have been a bigger post than that :P
Mark Wright
(Groupe Pro - 19)

Pays:
Écosse 
Certifié: 
J'aime ce post (0)   Je n'aime pas ce post (0)
Posts anciens #212 Posté (le) 26 Août 2016, 22:42:22 Citer 
Stefan Gommans blitzes Mark Wright on the straight

Watch my race and you will see what I mean.
Mikie Shaw
(Groupe Amateur - 111)

Pays:
Angleterre 
Certifié: 
Posts anciens #213 Posté (le) 26 Août 2016, 23:00:18 Citer 
from what ive learned is that the commentary and times etc dont mean shit as its there for eye candy only. I assume that yeh you can run the script many times and results will be by chance differant but from lap 1 to the end of race is fixed once the script is live,nothing in that race that you see is actually happening its all added once the script has ran and just purely for youre amusemnt
Jim Sikma
(Groupe Pro - 23)

Pays:
États-Unis 
Certifié: 
Posts anciens #214 Posté (le) 26 Août 2016, 23:13:36 (dernière édition (le) 26 Août 2016, 23:14:10 par Jim Sikma) Citer 
He blocked you once and then you had two mutual boost laps, how does that demonstrate anything is broken?

A 1 second improvement over a 108 second lap is not as big a performance difference as a 1 second improvement on a 75 second lap. Maybe you are overestimating the power of the boost, and it alone is not enough to overcome your opponents effort to block.
Mehdi El Fathy
(Groupe Pro - 2)

Pays:
France 
Certifié: 
Posts anciens #215 Posté (le) 26 Août 2016, 23:16:18 Citer 
Quote ( Jim Sikma @ August 26th 2016,23:13:36 )

He blocked you once and then you had two mutual boost laps, how does that demonstrate anything is broken?

You probably didn't see my previous posts on this subject.
Mark Wright
(Groupe Pro - 19)

Pays:
Écosse 
Certifié: 
Posts anciens #216 Posté (le) 26 Août 2016, 23:17:10 (dernière édition (le) 26 Août 2016, 23:30:31 par Mark Wright) Citer 
Quote ( Mikie Shaw @ August 26th 2016,23:00:18 )

from what ive learned is that the commentary and times etc dont mean shit as its there for eye candy only. I assume that yeh you can run the script many times and results will be by chance differant but from lap 1 to the end of race is fixed once the script is live,nothing in that race that you see is actually happening its all added once the script has ran and just purely for youre amusemnt

You weren't around when they had to re-run a race and the weather was different the second time around? They did say that any re-run would have the same weather in future but didn't say that the results would stay the same.

If the script was re-run it's entirely possible that DMs wouldn't happen as they did in the previous run simply because the initial run is based on possibilities that could be different the second time around.

The 'live' race is in fact a replay of a race that was run around 17.30 once the computations were done.
Mikie Shaw
(Groupe Amateur - 111)

Pays:
Angleterre 
Certifié: 
Posts anciens #217 Posté (le) 26 Août 2016, 23:21:09 Citer 
Regarding the formulae. This would only make it so that once you have ran a race that the more people you know you can use each others data to make it more potant than the ones who also have data but are not part of a group. I dont think thats fair at all. Adding more options in the race might be worth looking at? like changing tyre choice to vary the lengths in each stint,using differant riskas each stint. I think these are things that are at least out of reach from any calculative measure and throw something in the mix
Mikie Shaw
(Groupe Amateur - 111)

Pays:
Angleterre 
Certifié: 
Posts anciens #218 Posté (le) 26 Août 2016, 23:26:40 Citer 
Exactly Mark.
Riley Dunlop
(Groupe Rookie - 149)

Pays:
Angleterre 
Certifié: 
J'aime ce post (0)   Je n'aime pas ce post (3)
Posts anciens #219 Posté (le) 30 Août 2016, 13:20:33 Citer 
Quote ( Marcelo Ascencio @ August 26th 2016,13:18:46 )

make one.. that is how it starts..
it took me only 700 races to be able to challenge pro managers for promotions.. do you think I want to give away my hard work?

And you never got ANY help from anyone more experienced when you were a newbie?
Marcelo Ascencio
(Groupe Pro - 25)

Pays:
Argentine 
Certifié: 
Posts anciens #220 Posté (le) 30 Août 2016, 13:59:02 Citer 
the help I got is STILL in the forums, I don't think it got erased.. PLUS, you have lots of FOBY printed here..

you have to look.

did you search the forums? moderators were pretty tough pointing things up back in season 13
Jon Day
(Groupe Amateur - 43)

Pays:
Angleterre 
Certifié: 
Posts anciens #221 Posté (le) 30 Août 2016, 14:36:04 (dernière édition (le) 30 Août 2016, 14:37:49 par Jon Day) Citer 
Quote ( Marcelo Ascencio @ August 30th 2016,13:59:02 )

moderators were pretty tough pointing things up back in season 13
You sound like my Dad!..Only one thing missing......

Quote ( Marcelo Ascencio @ August 30th 2016,13:59:02 )

"when I was a lad" moderators were pretty tough pointing things up back in season 13
Thats better :D
Marcelo Ascencio
(Groupe Pro - 25)

Pays:
Argentine 
Certifié: 
J'aime ce post (1)   Je n'aime pas ce post (0)
Posts anciens #222 Posté (le) 30 Août 2016, 14:57:41 Citer 
I was not a lad back then I was a lad 3 decades ago lol

Jon Day
(Groupe Amateur - 43)

Pays:
Angleterre 
Certifié: 
Posts anciens #223 Posté (le) 30 Août 2016, 15:01:28 Citer 
Quote ( Marcelo Ascencio @ August 30th 2016,14:57:41 )

I was not a lad back then I was a lad 3 decades ago lol
Sadly, neither was I :D
Michael Winkley
(Groupe Master - 3)

Pays:
Pays de Galles 
Certifié: 
J'aime ce post (2)   Je n'aime pas ce post (0)
Posts anciens #224 Posté (le) 30 Août 2016, 16:10:35 Citer 
Reminiscing about the pre-op days. Bless.
Lukasz Gdaniec
(Groupe Master - 2)

Pays:
Pologne 
Certifié: 
Posts anciens #225 Posté (le) 16 Septembre 2016, 22:10:59 (dernière édition (le) 16 Septembre 2016, 22:11:28 par Lukasz Gdaniec) Citer 
"No - I do not support it and would not continue playing myself if it happened. - 184
No - I don't support it but I understand the positives and would continue to play the game if the change happened. - 131"

So.. we can't change what we want... we add something new and all fools will still play
Lucas Lobico
(Groupe Amateur - 53)

Pays:
Espagne 
Certifié: 
Posts anciens #226 Posté (le) 17 Septembre 2016, 17:42:07 Citer 
Now I can re-see this proposal in relation to the new 'Energy thing' introduce, and things start to make some sense for me at last.

The impact of Energy is HUGE. I'ts not a minor change or feature, since it turns upside down Gpro as it was working until last season. It's real extent, in all aspects and extension, is yet to be seen, but if the intention was to maintain Gpro as it had been always working, adding some 'spice', it should be evident, regarless of the personal opinion of anybody about if it is (or will be) for better or worse, that it has been a complete failure (at least as a lone change by itself).

BUT...

... if the objective, intention, or idea, was to make it *part of* a more complete set of changes, then the thing would be different.

If (nearly?) no driver is able ro make a full (or most part of) race at CT 100, or CT 80, or CT50, whatever, then realism, and sensefulness, mostly dissapear. But if wear, effects, formulas, etc, are re-egineered to make everything logical (for instance, that the wear and numbers of the Energy loss seem to have some realism), then the things changes: Gpro would change radically, but with now a sense and a goal.

In that case, the 'proposal' about these changes shuld have not been an option, subject to voting, but instead something manadatory, to have been introduced as a whole, in conjunction with other changes which could also been needed to put togheter the overall reamake, and put to work all at once (maybe including the race viewn if it were finished at the moment).

If the 'Energy thing' is not going to be turned back, restoring the previous way of working of Gpro, I think that the adjustements proposed should be carried on, yet pointing towards putting everything togheter, to get a system which could be completely new, but which should be solid, justifiable, coherent and with sense.

I'd go to the point to consider that, if that should change everything to and stent in which we all should start to learn from zero (which could be a quite good starting point to investigate, cooperation and activity in knowledge gathering, etc), and implicilty considering everybody as newbies to the 'new system', restarting all the cathegories, placing all the managers in Rookie groups to start again, ebverybody with the same options, and without advantages.

Yep, maybe somebody (and surely not few) could find this quite radical perhaps, but it's just an opinon.
Jim Sikma
(Groupe Master - 4)

Pays:
États-Unis 
Certifié: 
Posts anciens #227 Posté (le) 17 Septembre 2016, 18:37:50 Citer 
Quote ( Lucas Lobico @ September 17th 2016,17:42:07 )

If (nearly?) no driver is able ro make a full (or most part of) race at CT 100, or CT 80, or CT50

You make a lot of assumptions from a single data point.
Andrei Harnicu
(Groupe Amateur - 73)

Pays:
Roumanie 
Certifié: 
Posts anciens #228 Posté (le) 17 Septembre 2016, 18:39:16 Citer 
Quote ( Jim Sikma @ September 17th 2016,18:37:50 )

Quote ( Lucas Lobico @ September 17th 2016,17:42:07 )

If (nearly?) no driver is able ro make a full (or most part of) race at CT 100, or CT 80, or CT50

You make a lot of assumptions from a single data point.
And don't forget that Singapore is most challenging track in F1.
Page « 1 2 3 ... 6 7 [8 Saut rapide vers la page:
Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > General forum > Would you support a change to all game formulae? Ajouter ce sujet à votre liste des sujets à ignorer Ajouter ce sujet à votre liste des sujets à observer

Répondre à ce sujet