Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Forum games > The Big Day Of Motorsports Challenge VII Ajouter ce sujet à votre liste des sujets à ignorer Ajouter ce sujet à votre liste des sujets à observer
Page « 1 [2 Saut rapide vers la page:
Auteur Sujet: The Big Day Of Motorsports Challenge VII 48 réponses
Kyle Morris
(Groupe Master - 1)

Pays:
Angleterre 
Certifié: 
J'aime ce post (0)   Je n'aime pas ce post (0)
Posts anciens #31 Posté (le) 25 Mai 2018, 23:47:01 Citer 
I suppose all mine retiring/dns in F2 maybe a blessing in the end (I hope)
Mikko Suhonen
(Groupe Master - 2)

Modérateur du sujet
  Pays:
Finlande 
Certifié: 
Posts anciens #32 Posté (le) 26 Mai 2018, 16:08:23 (dernière édition (le) 26 Mai 2018, 16:09:25 par Mikko Suhonen) Citer 
That's Daniel Ricciardo driving the wheels off his car and snatching the Monaco Grand Prix pole! He becomes also the first ever man to drive under a 1:11.0 in the streets of Monte Carlo, immense speed. And that therefore means 3 bonus points for Kyle, Christopher and Greg.

The listed drivers qualify into top 5 bar Max Verstappen who crashed in the earlier practice and couldn't do a single quali lap. Him starting dead last may help Quentin, Dániel, me and Alan as we were the only ones choosing Max, and all as a #2 driver.

Quote ( Kyle Morris @ May 25th 2018,23:47:01 )

I suppose all mine retiring/dns in F2 maybe a blessing in the end (I hope)

Hard to say - it was bad luck as neither of your plus-points paying drivers were really to blame in their respective incidents. Ghiotto could have scored a good points haul at least if it wasn't Fuoco taking him out after 20 meters of racing, but then again that's also good luck with Sette Câmara having to sit the race out and not take any points away from you.
Christopher Batchlor
(Groupe Rookie - 139)

Pays:
États-Unis 
Certifié: 
Posts anciens #33 Posté (le) 26 Mai 2018, 16:32:05 Citer 
Yay! I'm outta last place! >:D
Mikko Suhonen
(Groupe Master - 2)

Modérateur du sujet
  Pays:
Finlande 
Certifié: 
Posts anciens #34 Posté (le) 27 Mai 2018, 15:00:39 Citer 
And the 3 bonus points for winning the F2 Sprint Race yesterday went to Antonio Fuoco, but looks like no one had chosen him. That race was even more crashtastic than the Feature Race, as only 10 cars made it to the finish line lol.

Looks like the streets of Monte Carlo may have a stormy cloud or two heading their way...! Will be interesting if they ever reach the track, as the Grand Prix starts in a few minutes.
Mikko Suhonen
(Groupe Master - 2)

Modérateur du sujet
  Pays:
Finlande 
Certifié: 
Posts anciens #35 Posté (le) 27 Mai 2018, 17:35:58 (dernière édition (le) 27 Mai 2018, 17:37:36 par Mikko Suhonen) Citer 
Even despite leaders facing different problems with power units, melting tyres and one VSC, it was a perfect example of a Monaco procession :D Wasn't the least interesting one, but quite actionless nevertheless. Daniel Ricciardo rises to the top step of podium in the Monaco-ville, to have a shoey at Boulevard Albert Ier! However his power unit problems packed the cars tight closely, but the church of impossible overtaking made end result probably one of the closest gaps between top 9 without a full Safety Car. Max Verstappen made as much of a recovery as possible. The only picked drivers to not score points were the unlucky Fernando Alonso whose gearbox seemed to let him down and Charles Leclerc who slammed to the back of Brendon Hartley.

Pos.	Driver			Team				Laps	Time/Gap
1. Daniel Ricciardo Red Bull Racing-TAG Heuer 78 1:42:54.807
2. Sebastian Vettel Ferrari 78 +7.336s
3. Lewis Hamilton Mercedes 78 +17.013s
4. Kimi Räikkönen Ferrari 78 +18.127s
5. Valtteri Bottas Mercedes 78 +18.822s
6. Esteban Ocon Force India-Mercedes 78 +23.667s
7. Pierre Gasly Scuderia Toro Rosso-Honda 78 +24.331s
8. Nico Hülkenberg Renault 78 +24.839s
9. Max Verstappen Red Bull Racing-TAG Heuer 78 +25.317s
10. Carlos Sainz jr. Renault 78 +1:09.013s

Both bonus points for gaining the most places AND for making the fastest lap went to Max Verstappen (+11 places). And like mentioned earlier, bonus for the pole position was already gifted to Ricciardo.

Current standings after 2/4 races:

Mikko Suhonen		38
Greg Tierney 21
Alan Halford 16
Lyee Chong 14
Kyle Morris 14
Igor Augusto 9
Mairo Toom 7
Quentin Rieg 2
Dániel Vankó 2
Christopher Batchlor 2
Martynas Bražėnas -17

It's looking more like a nightmare for Martynas, as he sinks deeper into negative points. Quentin, Dániel and Christopher get out of the negative though and are back in the hunt! In the front, Greg gets a big leap and it didn't go badly for Kyle and Alan either. Still a bit of gap to me but let's see what happens...

Next up will be the 102nd running of Indianapolis 500 which will start in under an hour!
Mikko Suhonen
(Groupe Master - 2)

Modérateur du sujet
  Pays:
Finlande 
Certifié: 
Posts anciens #36 Posté (le) 27 Mai 2018, 19:01:48 (dernière édition (le) 27 Mai 2018, 19:27:09 par Mikko Suhonen) Citer 
First caution comes about a quarter through the 500 miles - unfortunately for Lyee and Martynas that is Sato out of the running! The Japanese man is a bit lucky that his car didn't get much more airbourne as he slammed to the back of slow James Davison. Anyway that will mean last year's TakuTime will not be repeated in 2018.

E: It looks like this year it's more difficult for the drivers to follow another car and get a bigger slipstream. Restarts will probably play an even bigger role in the end.

Ooooh and the end of Danica Patrick's racing career comes in the wall in Turn 2! Lost it on her own this time, that's a shame to not have her getting to the finish in her last ever race.
Mikko Suhonen
(Groupe Master - 2)

Modérateur du sujet
  Pays:
Finlande 
Certifié: 
Posts anciens #37 Posté (le) 27 Mai 2018, 20:00:12 (dernière édition (le) 27 Mai 2018, 20:33:39 par Mikko Suhonen) Citer 
Oh noes, bad news for Greg as Kanaan has to make an extra pitstop and falls from the lead all the way to around 22nd. Still a bit under half a race to go though.

Zach Veach is literally on fire! Looks like the air at 220 mph put down the flames of his car.

Power, Carpenter, Pagenaud, Hunter-Reay and Castroneves battling for the lead at halfway point...

E: It's a big if, but IF there are no more yellow flags, this may become similar fuel saving race to what 2016 was...currently the leaders would be close to pitting somewhere in the last 10 laps if it's green all the way. In such case Rahal and Wickens could be on a strong position here too, which would be cool for Christopher and Quentin.

But there's that yellow with 60 laps to go as Bourdais is out - or rather in the wall! He loses it in the small straight between turns 3 and 4. That will not help Quentin, Martynas and Kyle as they've lost their #1 driver, but Christopher can't complain as he had Seb as his #2 driver.

In the restart, what a superior move by Rossi as he climbs a lot of places! But Hélio crashes soon after and brings another caution. Went with a lot of speed into the pit entry inside sidewall, fortunately with back first. Bad news for Igor and especially Kyle, who now can only get negative points out of this Indy.
Mikko Suhonen
(Groupe Master - 2)

Modérateur du sujet
  Pays:
Finlande 
Certifié: 
Posts anciens #38 Posté (le) 27 Mai 2018, 20:52:02 (dernière édition (le) 27 Mai 2018, 21:23:35 par Mikko Suhonen) Citer 
Last 100 miles left as there's another caution. Rossi is doing amazing restarts today! As the leaders have just pitted, it's starting to look like everyone will now make it to the finish with these fuels and tyres.

Power (#1 for Igor, Christopher | #2 for Lyee, Mikko, Greg), Carpenter (#3 for Dániel, Mikko, Mairo, Alan) and Rossi (#2 for Igor, Martynas, Kyle Dániel, Mairo, Alan) are now the top 3 and probably have the best chances at good finish...

still the same trio after restart, will they now run to the sunset in this order?
Oh well, they're coming to the pits again! Might be a bit of fuel saving race in the end now.

If no cautions anymore, Servià leads 15s to Power and might not have to pit anymore! It's a long shot but hey who knows...
Ah, apparently crew chief just confirmed they don't have the fuel to finish. Power looks veeeeery good.

Edit: But there's that needed caution for Servià! Much to Greg's demise that's Kanaan out just by himself. Might be the last restart coming up, leader after it is in serious danger of winning the whole thing!!

It is.....Stefan Wilson taking the surprise lead!! Power in 3rd looking good but needs to pass two more... But no passing needed as both ahead pit - Will Power wins the 102nd Indianapolis 500!
Mikko Suhonen
(Groupe Master - 2)

Modérateur du sujet
  Pays:
Finlande 
Certifié: 
Posts anciens #39 Posté (le) 27 Mai 2018, 22:39:35 Citer 
Another one to the Oz bag as Will Power is crowned the winner in the Brickyard! Oriol Servià, Stefan Wilson and Jack Harvey were gambling and trying to win with their alternative fuel strategy, but they fell a couple laps short, enabling the Aussie to take the lead and run away with it. Ed Carpenter fought Power all the race through in the lead, joined by Alexander Rossi in the last 50 laps, but both were unable to capitalize on the last couple restarts to take track position away from Power. Robert Wickens drove himself up to 9th and became the Rookie of the Year.

Pos.	Driver			Team				Engine		Laps	Gap
1. Will Power Team Penske Chevrolet 200 2h59m42.6365s
2. Ed Carpenter Ed Carpenter Racing Chevrolet 200 +3.1589s
3. Scott Dixon Chip Ganassi Racing Honda 200 +4.5928s
4. Alexander Rossi Andretti Autosport Honda 200 +5.2237s
5. Ryan Hunter-Reay Andretti Autosport Honda 200 +6.7187s
6. Simon Pagenaud Team Penske Chevrolet 200 +7.2357s
7. Carlos Muñoz Andretti Autosport Honda 200 +7.8377s
8. Josef Newgarden Team Penske Chevrolet 200 +8.6917s
9. Robert Wickens Schmidt Peterson Motorsports Honda 200 +9.3112s
10. Graham Rahal Rahal Letterman Lanigan Racing Honda 200 +11.3368s

The bonus for gaining most places in the race went to Alexander Rossi who rose all the way from last row on the grid (32nd) to 4th so +28 which is probably the highest gain in the history of this challenge. Ed Carpenter led the most laps so his pickers get 3 more bonus points, and the bonus for pit stop challenge win went to Scott Dixon like mentioned earlier.

Current standings after 3/4 races:

Mikko Suhonen		38
Alan Halford 29
Christopher Batchlor 28
Igor Augusto 22
Mairo Toom 20
Dániel Vankó 15
Lyee Chong 4
Kyle Morris 2
Greg Tierney 0
Quentin Rieg -11
Martynas Bražėnas -29

And there we go, Christopher's jackpot in Indy brings him up the ranks and all the way up to win battle! Him and Alan cut my lead quite much. Only Igor, Dániel, Christopher, Mairo and Alan manage to gain any points in here.

Big loser was Greg though who fell from good 21 points to zero. Unfortunately for Quentin, Indy takes him back to negative numbers. Martynas is on his way to making a new points record though.

And the last race to cap off the big day is Coca-Cola 600, starting in about 1½ hours!
Mikko Suhonen
(Groupe Master - 2)

Modérateur du sujet
  Pays:
Finlande 
Certifié: 
Posts anciens #40 Posté (le) 27 Mai 2018, 23:20:45 Citer 
Quote ( Mikko Suhonen @ May 27th 2018,22:39:35 )

Coca-Cola 600, starting in about 1½ hours!

And again a few permutations here for the winning conditions, or at least I'm listing the most likely needed ones. This year this will be interesting because we don't seem to have that many same remaining drivers:

- If Elliott wins, then I guess that is nearly an insta-win for me. He's my #3 driver and I have Truex as #1 and Keselowski as #2.

- Alan has the same #3 driver as Christopher (Johnson), so he wants to see Kyle Busch do better than Truex, plus Harvick & Keselowski to do better than Logano. A Kyle Busch win would probably take Alan close to win as well if Logano doesn't finish as high

- Christopher has the same #1 driver as me (Truex) and same #3 driver as Alan so he will probably need a top 4 finish from Johnson and possibly also Keselowski and Logano to do good too.

- Igor will need Harvick and Blaney to score good points (maybe a top 3 for one of them at least), and probably Keselowski to outscore Hamlin. Plus Truex and Kyle Busch to not do good.

- Dániel has the same #1 driver as Igor (Harvick), he absolutely needs Truex to not score any points, and Newman and Harvick high in the rankings with Newman probably first of the two

- Kyle will very likely need Larson to win, and then Harvick to be in top 4 probably

- Greg will very likely need Bowyer to win, and then probably Keselowski and Harvick to get also a good finish

- Quentin assumably needs a strict finishing order of: 1) Bowyer, 2) Kyle Busch, 3) Logano, 4) Keselowski, 5) Hamlin, then Truex no points and a couple other things to go his way too

- Mairo has the exact same NASCAR drivers picked as me so he cannot win anymore. However a podium is very possible for him still
- Lyee has the exact same drivers as Alan so he cannot win either. However a podium is very possible for him still
- Martynas cannot win because he's too far back
Mikko Suhonen
(Groupe Master - 2)

Modérateur du sujet
  Pays:
Finlande 
Certifié: 
Posts anciens #41 Posté (le) 28 Mai 2018, 03:57:48 (dernière édition (le) 28 Mai 2018, 04:49:56 par Mikko Suhonen) Citer 
Last 100 laps (and the last stage) are starting in Nascar, and there's already happened a bit.

Harvick retiring means a blow for Dániel's win hopes, he must rely on Newman and others' misfortunes now. And that also means that Kyle's win hopes are now in the trash bin and he cannot win anymore. Greg is also on a very thin line, his win would need many pieces falling nicely together now. But Harvick down is excellent news to Christopher who can't score any negative points now.

Ryan Blaney's car bursted into big flames and burnt the winning chances of Igor now, as both his #1 and #3 drivers are out.

All other picked drivers still in the race. Johnson and Logano collided earlier on, but both still carry on. Larson just had a spin but still carries on as well.

Kyle Busch has spent most of the race in the lead, winning both the first two stages that the race is divided into. He probably has already clinched the 3p bonus for leading most laps too. That's promising for Alan! In fact, at three quarters through the race, Alan would be winning this game. That performance is also helping for Quentin & Lyee, but is even worse for Martynas.

From those still in the race, only Bowyer and Logano seem to be further down in ~20th. However so many positions can still swing in Charlotte...

E: And that is Newman out after a tyre puncture, which takes Dániel totally out of the win contention.

50 to go and the Kyle Busch domination doesn't show signs of ending. It's looking like it will be between me, Christopher and Alan now. Because Logano is currently out of top 10, Truex jr is 2nd and Keselowski 3rd, it's looking good for Alan still. Christopher only needs Truex to beat Busch but that would likely need another yellow to even catch him... I'd need Keselowski to disappear from top 10.

Truex loses a couple places in assumably last round of pitstops, now it's Busch-Keselowski-Johnson and Truex 5th! Even Keselowski out of top 10 might not be enough for me as Alan has two in top three, and Christopher two in top five. Logano goes lap down and won't be a threat to Alan's points now. But Truex put on the turbo boost and started to catch Busch after rising to 2nd!

...only 10 to go and Truex might still be too far to catch Busch without a yellow! And so it be - no yellows let Kyle Busch win the Coca-Cola 600! Truex is 2nd but Keselowski in 4th will drop my points and hand over the win to Alan if I'm correct! Christopher probabaly takes 2nd, but I will do the official points counting later today.
Mikko Suhonen
(Groupe Master - 2)

Modérateur du sujet
  Pays:
Finlande 
Certifié: 
Posts anciens #42 Posté (le) 29 Mai 2018, 23:07:59 Citer 
Ah, apologies for prolonging the results - had a job interview to prepare for.

-------

Kyle Busch wasn't just as dominant as Truex jr a couple years ago, but still! Man that was a solo drive. And with this victory, Busch now becomes the only driver in Nascar history to have won a race at EVERY track he has competed on (excluding drivers with only 1 start)! That is an absolutely massive of an achievement, think of that.

Behind him, Martin Truex jr launched a late comeback, he rose from the bottom of top 10 all the way to 2nd but had not enough pace to catch Busch in front. Brad Keselowski made it up to 4th, despite accidentally driving past his pit crew during one of the cautions, and therefore not getting pit service. Kyle Larson nearly spinned into the wall but saved it by inches and finished up in 7th anyway.

Pos	Driver			Team			Car		Gap
1. Kyle Busch Joe Gibbs Racing Toyota 4h23m22.0s
2. Martin Truex Jr. Furniture Row Racing Toyota +3.823s
3. Denny Hamlin Joe Gibbs Racing Toyota +13.598s
4. Brad Keselowski Team Penske Ford +16.777s
5. Jimmie Johnson Hendrick Motorsports Chevrolet +17.164s
6. Jamie McMurray Chip Ganassi Racing Chevrolet +17.925s
7. Kyle Larson Chip Ganassi Racing Chevrolet +20.548s
8. Kurt Busch Stewart-Haas Racing Ford +26.093s
9. Alex Bowman Hendrick Motorsports Chevrolet +28.140s
10. Ricky Stenhouse Jr. Roush Fenway Racing Ford +1 Lap

The bonus for the pole position went to Kyle Busch like mentioned earlier, and Kyle also took the bonus for leading most laps (a whopping 377 out of 400). The bonus for gaining most places went to both Jimmie Johnson & Alex Bowman (+18).

And thus we have:

Final results after 4/4 races:

1st)	Alan Halford		70
2nd) Christopher Batchlor 59
3rd) Lyee Chong 45

4th) Mikko Suhonen 44
5th) Mairo Toom 26
6th) Igor Augusto 7
7th) Quentin Rieg -1
8th) Dániel Vankó -3
9th) Kyle Morris -4
10th) Greg Tierney -15
11th) Martynas Bražėnas -51

And there we go, BIG points swings in the last race like I ought there could still be! Alan, Lyee and Christopher make the most use of the Nascar race and gain a hell of a lot of points. Lyee rises from nowhere all the way to the podium and beats me with one point ha! In the other end, it is very surprising to see as many as five players on negative points in the end, that's never happened before. Greg makes a bad fall in the last of the four obstacles. Martynas weekend sunk so deep that it went past Titanic. That is definitely a new different kind of points record.

But congratulations to Alan Halford for winning the Big Day of Motorsports Challenge VII! Next he will remind us how he is the mastermind of motorsports after all:

Quote ( Alan Halford @ May 16th 2018,18:28:21 )

loads more I know diddly squat about
Martynas Bražėnas
(Groupe Elite)

Pays:
Lituanie 
Certifié: 
Posts anciens #43 Posté (le) 29 Mai 2018, 23:09:29 Citer 
Quote ( Mikko Suhonen @ May 29th 2018,23:07:59 )

11th) Martynas Bražėnas -51

not my best moment :D
Mikko Suhonen
(Groupe Master - 2)

Modérateur du sujet
  Pays:
Finlande 
Certifié: 
Posts anciens #44 Posté (le) 29 Mai 2018, 23:13:06 (dernière édition (le) 29 Mai 2018, 23:14:05 par Mikko Suhonen) Citer 
And yeah, this year the correct tiebreaker would have been 25.0309 seconds.

If I'm not totally off, the best possible driver line-up would have been:

F1 Monaco GP
Driver 1: Ricciardo (25 points + 3 bonus points)
Driver 2: Verstappen (2+6)
Driver 3: Ocon (8)

Indianapolis 500
Driver 1: Power (25)
Driver 2: Bourdais (0)
Driver 3: Carpenter (18+3)

Coca-Cola 600
Driver 1: Ky Busch (25+6)
Driver 2: Harvick or Logano (0)
Driver 3: Johnson (10+3)

F2 Monaco Feature Race
Driver 1: Markelov (25)
Driver 2: de Vries, Russell or Sette Câmara (0)
Driver 3: Gelael (18)

Which would have totalled...a huge 161 points :)

Quote ( Martynas Bražėnas @ May 29th 2018,23:09:29 )

not my best moment :D

Yeah that is an absurdly low points amount! Will be hard to ever beat that one because the game is designed to have more positive points finishes than negative. I mean you had terribly bad luck with Albon crashing from the lead, others crashing Ghiotto into the wall after 20 meters of racing, plus Harvick and Bourdais losing the control of their vehicles and smashing to wall from top places too. But still, the dominance of Kyle Busch finished you off very neatly lol.
Christopher Batchlor
(Groupe Rookie - 139)

Pays:
États-Unis 
Certifié: 
Posts anciens #45 Posté (le) 30 Mai 2018, 00:15:51 Citer 
I was tied for last place after the F2 race. 2nd isn't bad. Of course, congrats to Alan. :)
Kyle Morris
(Groupe Master - 1)

Pays:
Angleterre 
Certifié: 
Posts anciens #46 Posté (le) 30 Mai 2018, 00:20:42 Citer 
Goodness that was bad for me xD near enough all my picks non scored and all my number 2 picks did well
Lyee Chong
(Groupe Pro - 25)

Équipe GPRO
  Pays:
Malaisie 
Certifié: 
Posts anciens #47 Posté (le) 30 Mai 2018, 04:23:00 Citer 

Lyee rises from nowhere all the way to the podium and beats me with one point ha!
what a surprise :)
Congratulation, Alan
Greg Tierney
(Groupe Pro - 12)

Pays:
États-Unis 
Certifié: 
Posts anciens #48 Posté (le) 30 Mai 2018, 05:59:29 Citer 
Turns out I didn't even need a penalty. I'm my own worst penalty.
Alan Halford
(Groupe Amateur - 24)

Pays:
Pays de Galles 
Certifié: 
Posts anciens #49 Posté (le) 6 Juin 2018, 22:17:41 Citer 

1st) Alan Halford 70

OMG how in the hell did that happen !!!!!!!

The only one I know something about is F1 so guess my guardian angel directed that pin to the right names.

Cheers
Page « 1 [2 Saut rapide vers la page:
Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Forum games > The Big Day Of Motorsports Challenge VII Ajouter ce sujet à votre liste des sujets à ignorer Ajouter ce sujet à votre liste des sujets à observer

Répondre à ce sujet