Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Suggestions forum > Holiday Mode Improvement Add this topic to your ignore list Add this topic to your watchlist
Page « 1 [2 Quick go to page:
Author Topic: Holiday Mode Improvement 50 replies
Michał Kożuchowski
(Group Master - 2)

Poland 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #31 posted Jan 16th 2013, 22:22:21 Quote 
Quote ( Rafael Mantovani @ January 16th 2013,21:08:41 )

New Office style is way easier (and cleaner) than the old one... come on.
Quote ( Rafael Mantovani @ January 16th 2013,21:08:41 )

Disagree as much as possible :D

New Office style is totally not possible to look at, looks terrific...
Jason Mcrae
(Group Rookie - 20)

England 
Certified: 
Like this post (1)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #32 posted Jan 16th 2013, 22:56:02 Quote 
new style is a lot better old one is horrid
Tomek Kiełpiński
(Group Amateur - 3)

Poland 
Certified: 
Old post #33 posted Mar 18th 2013, 13:54:20 Quote 
Quote ( Michał Kożuchowski @ January 16th 2013,21:03:19 )

Is there a possibility to change the Main Page view from the new style to the old one in the holiday mode? It would be a nice feature if still not implemented... It's damn hard to see anything in the new style office, wonder how people can deal with it...

Is there a possibility to change the Main Page view from the old style to the new one in the holiday mode? It would be a nice feature if still not implemented... It's damn hard to see anything in the old style office, wonder how people can deal with it...
Marcelo Ascencio
(Group Amateur - 60)

Argentina 
Certified: 
Old post #34 posted Mar 18th 2013, 15:42:00 Quote 
you can change it, in the same place you can change yours. :P
Tomek Kiełpiński
(Group Amateur - 3)

Poland 
Certified: 
Old post #35 posted Mar 18th 2013, 15:47:29 Quote 
I can't. There is no access to account settings page in holiday mode. Unless it is elsewhere in the old style.
Marcelo Ascencio
(Group Amateur - 60)

Argentina 
Certified: 
Old post #36 posted Mar 18th 2013, 15:50:33 Quote 
It's been a while since last time I had access.. I was certain you could change it.. I must be mistaken then, Sorry for wrong info, It should have been there.
Josh Clark
(Group Amateur - 50)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #37 posted Jul 29th 2013, 21:13:37 (last edited Jul 29th 2013, 21:15:04 by Josh Clark) Quote 
This just happened to me.

A teammate (who isn't very active anyway) who hasn't qualified has sent me a holiday request and a PM, explaining that he's been very suddenly called out on business and hasn't done his quallies yet. He quickly logged on, sent me the PM and holiday request, then went. He obviously didn't have time to check our calculators so that he could do his quallies and work out his strategy, so quite fairly asked one of us to do it, rather than jeopardize his good qualifying position. He asked me because I'd reliably done a lot of holidaying for him before, but I'm already currently holidaying another teammates account, so I can't accept it. If he'd known I was already holidaying an account I'm sure he'd have found another teammate, as we're all trustworthy. But he didn't and now is likely to miss the race if I can't contact him in time.

What I'm saying is (and I doubt this is a regular occurrence) that it'd be good right now if what Andrew suggested had been implemented. Alternatively, and this is what I was going to suggest, it would be convenient to have a sort of pass-on system, whereby if a manager cannot currently accept a Holiday request sent to him, he can then pass it on to another manager. I don't think trust would be a problem here, because if the manager going on holiday has trusted a manager with his account, that trusted manager is unlikely to then allow an untrustworthy manager access to the account. When the account has been passed on and the holiday has been accepted, the holiday request is then removed from the primarily selected manager's holiday overview.

I don't know how simple this is to implement, but to me it seems a reasonable alternative. Either this or what Andrew said initially. Again, this is probably a rare occurrence so I don't know how necessary these suggestions are, but it would have just saved my teammate a race, and $5,000,000 in-game for 17/17 races completed (That's if he's lucky enough to sign in again before qually tomorrow)
Jordan Mccallen
(Group Pro - 12)

Northern Ireland 
Certified: 
Old post #38 posted Jul 29th 2013, 21:49:35 Quote 
Yep, something needs to be done about this. Maybe this sort of thing doesn't happen on a regular basis but I'm also confident that this has happened many times before. Bottom line is that something needs to be implemented to stop this from happening. As Josh said, there are only 2 valid options:

1. Disable the ability to send a holiday request to someone who is already holidaying an account and also make it clear that this person is, in fact, holidaying an account already.

2. If someone already holidaying an account receives another holiday request, they should be able to pass this on to another player. Josh has already pointed out why this wouldn't be a negative thing.

If one of these 2 options had already been implemented, then our team-mate would be able to actually race tomorrow as I'm sure the rest of our team would have been more than happy to do his quallies and race setup for him. He now loses out on some race money and his end-of-season bonus. Something needs to be done!
Florencia Caro
(Group Master - 5)

GPRO Crew
Argentina 
Certified: 
Old post #39 posted Jul 29th 2013, 21:53:46 Quote 
Quote ( Jordan Mccallen @ July 29th 2013,21:49:35 )

1. Disable the ability to send a holiday request to someone who is already holidaying an account and also make it clear that this person is, in fact, holidaying an account already.

Even multiple holiday requests can be sent (which can increase chances to get a person to cover the holidays), I agree a warning message would be useful, stating the person is covering holidays and the day the said coverage ends :)

2. If someone already holidaying an account receives another holiday request, they should be able to pass this on to another player. Josh has already pointed out why this wouldn't be a negative thing.

The only one that can decide who (s)he trusts to holiday the account is the manager sending the request. Letting someone else to decide that would be extremely dangerous and shouldn't be allowed IMO.
Pauli Käkelä
(Group Pro - 1)

Finland 
Certified: 
Old post #40 posted Jul 29th 2013, 21:54:34 Quote 
I believe there is some safety-measure in place allready for sending a request to a manager that is currently holidaying someone?

Josh Clark
(Group Amateur - 50)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #41 posted Jul 29th 2013, 22:04:21 Quote 
Quote ( Pauli Käkelä @ July 29th 2013,21:54:34 )

I believe there is some safety-measure in place allready for sending a request to a manager that is currently holidaying someone?

Not that I know of

Quote ( Florencia Caro @ July 29th 2013,21:53:46 )

The only one that can decide who (s)he trusts to holiday the account is the manager sending the request. Letting someone else to decide that would be extremely dangerous and shouldn't be allowed IMO.
The only downside I can see to this is that the further away the request gets from the original trusted manager who was initially asked to take the request, the less the person who actually ends up looking after the account is going to care about looking after the account
But surely if the person going on holiday trusts a manager to look after their account, they could trust the manager to then let someone trustworthy look after it. I don't know, it's a big circle of trust, but it didn't spring to mind any intense negatives.
Jordan Mccallen
(Group Pro - 12)

Northern Ireland 
Certified: 
Old post #42 posted Jul 29th 2013, 22:10:04 Quote 
I think option number 2 would work well for people who are in teams at least. Surely everyone in the team would be considered trustworthy. If they're not, why are they in the team? :p So, Josh gets a holiday request but as he's already holidaying an account, he can just send it to someone else in the team.

For people not in a team, however, it mightn't work too well so maybe just a warning message saying that this person is already holidaying an account or whatever would be a better option...
Pauli Käkelä
(Group Pro - 1)

Finland 
Certified: 
Old post #43 posted Jul 29th 2013, 22:11:40 Quote 
Maybe I'm mistaken then, I remember seeing something but... perhaps not.

Mikko Heikkinen
(Group Master - 4)

Finland 
Certified: 
Old post #44 posted Jul 29th 2013, 22:25:07 (last edited Jul 29th 2013, 22:27:59 by Mikko Heikkinen) Quote 

That could be an improvement.

Though I'd clarify a bit by stating: Disabling the ability to send holiday requests to someone who is already holidaying at a given time.

Meaning... you can set (for example) holiday for 15th-25th quite a lot in advance, so the "disabling" should only effect future holiday request for that particular period of time, not all requests,

which is quite obvious come to think of it :P

and then ofc. if someone is trying to set a request for an already approved period of time, it wouldn't hurt to get a notification like this
Quote ( Jordan Mccallen @ July 29th 2013,22:10:04 )

this person is already holidaying an account during that time

and yet another so obvious thing: naturally it would have to be an already approved holidaying time period which would "block" the new request

Edit: And ofc. the possibility of cancellations should be considered too...
Mark Wright
(Group Amateur - 24)

Scotland 
Certified: 
Like this post (5)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #45 posted Jul 29th 2013, 22:36:08 Quote 
Makes a whole lot of sense but thinking about it what about the ability to send a 'team holiday request' where that request goes to your whole team but can only be accepted by one. Assuming that your suddenly called away on business at least one person can pick it up and avoid the loss of 5mil + race income.

Some might say that you might not want a certain team mate babysitting your account but if that's the case why are you in that team ;)
Mark Witney
(Group Pro - 18)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #46 posted Jul 29th 2013, 22:37:12 Quote 
Quote ( Mark Wright @ July 29th 2013,22:36:08 )

Makes a whole lot of sense but thinking about it what about the ability to send a 'team holiday request' where that request goes to your whole team but can only be accepted by one. Assuming that your suddenly called away on business at least one person can pick it up and avoid the loss of 5mil + race income.

Some might say that you might not want a certain team mate babysitting your account but if that's the case why are you in that team ;)

We have a winner :)
Raimonds Urtāns
(Group Pro - 1)

Latvia 
Certified: 
Old post #47 posted Jul 29th 2013, 22:53:09 Quote 
Had similar situations in my team, so holiday sending to all team would resolve many problems.
Jordan Mccallen
(Group Pro - 12)

Northern Ireland 
Certified: 
Old post #48 posted Jul 29th 2013, 23:27:04 Quote 

This is exactly what we need. It'll solve all holiday problems for teams anyway. I had said something similar but your more advanced version is a lot better. :)

Quote ( Jordan Mccallen @ July 29th 2013,22:10:04 )

I think option number 2 would work well for people who are in teams at least. Surely everyone in the team would be considered trustworthy. If they're not, why are they in the team? :p So, Josh gets a holiday request but as he's already holidaying an account, he can just send it to someone else in the team.
Pauli Käkelä
(Group Pro - 1)

Finland 
Certified: 
Old post #49 posted Jul 29th 2013, 23:35:48 Quote 
Mark wins, I've had an emergency where I only could send a holiday request and couldn't be sure if the manager would actually do my race, "team-holiday" could solve a lot of things.
Janne Väänänen
(Group Pro - 15)

Finland 
Certified: 
Old post #50 posted Jul 29th 2013, 23:40:53 Quote 

so much this
Brendon Avery
(Group Pro - 5)

New Zealand 
Certified: 
Like this post (3)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #51 posted Jan 31st 2014, 21:57:49 Quote 
Would like to bump this :)

A friend (not in my team) had to go to Greece very suddenly due to a family death. He sent a request to me, without knowing I was already sitting for someone else. Due to the time difference between us (12 Hours) he was already on a plane before I even got to see the request.

A warning or something similar to say that the person you are requesting to sit your account is unable to do so until XYZ date would have been really useful, so he could have found someone else before having to rush off

Thoughts??
Page « 1 [2 Quick go to page:
Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Suggestions forum > Holiday Mode Improvement Add this topic to your ignore list Add this topic to your watchlist

Reply to this topic