Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > General forum > teams and double accounts Shto këtë temë në listën e injorimit Shto këtë temë tek lista favorite e juaja
Faqe « 1 2 3 4 [56 ... 28 29 30 » Shpejt shkoni në faqen:
Autori Temë: teams and double accounts 891 përgjigje
Matt Gromel
(Grupi Amateur - 27)

Postime: 78
  Shteti:
Shtetet e Bashkuara 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (1)   Mospelqe kete postim (1)
Postim i vjeter #121 Postuar 12 Janar 2012, 15:27:07 Citim 
Well if comes down to it, I'll just tell my kid he cant play.
Cale Murray
(Grupi Rookie - 94)

Postime: 4072
  Shteti:
Australi 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (0)   Mospelqe kete postim (0)
Postim i vjeter #122 Postuar 12 Janar 2012, 20:35:00 Citim 
Quote ( Jon Day @ January 12th 2012,15:04:41 )

Quote ( Tim Lord @ January 12th 2012,14:50:31 )

Stu and Heather Gibson. How they were treated was way too harsh,
Kind of agree with this, although i dont have all the facts so its hard judge one way or the other. Having said that I dont think Stu did himself any favours with some of the stuff he posted on the forums. I can totally understand his frustration (if he was innocent) but personally think he would have been better off keeping his posts to pm's to the right people. :)

but being called a cheat is the worst thing possible and unless you kick up a stink they do not respond (what i found anyway) like i wish i had carried on different But who would have listened ?
Paul Bright
(Grupi Amateur - 53)

Postime: 2113
  Shteti:
Skoci 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #123 Postuar 12 Janar 2012, 20:48:00 Citim 
Quote ( Tim Lord @ January 12th 2012,14:50:31 )

Just to name names for this instance, Stu and Heather Gibson...

Exactly the instance I had in mind!
Pedro Almeida
(Grupi Pro - 6)

Postime: 5000
  Shteti:
Portugali 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (0)   Mospelqe kete postim (1)
Postim i vjeter #124 Postuar 12 Janar 2012, 21:01:15 Citim 
I believe that, for many years that the game exists, there will be always a great dark cloud on the Lailagate, can say whatever they want, for me continues to be an outline the rules of the game, nobody of good or with good intimate plays a game about a name not true, or is happening by another person than her, so I'd like to know what is a dual account??? Is not an impersonation of another character???

I apologise to discuss this, already had said to myself that not going to talk of it, but it is too much and some good managers were less bothered by, while this case was without a shadow of doubt taken lightly.
Jon Day
(Grupi Amateur - 6)

Postime: 10019
  Shteti:
Angli 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #125 Postuar 12 Janar 2012, 21:56:40 Citim 
Quote ( Cale Murray @ January 12th 2012,20:35:00 )

but being called a cheat is the worst thing possible and unless you kick up a stink they do not respond
I agree, which is why i would have kept it to pm's instead od advertising it to the whole community...Dont get me wrong I like Stu a lot, we have exchanged pms etc. I just think that he could have kept the matter "relatively" quiet, instead of feeding the "pop corn" munching masses who love nothing better than reading about other managers issues and arguments.
Jed Lilly
(Grupi Amateur - 42)

Postime: 21446
  Shteti:
Angli 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #126 Postuar 12 Janar 2012, 22:03:41 Citim 
Quote ( Jon Day @ January 12th 2012,21:56:40 )

instead of feeding the "pop corn" munching masses who love nothing better than reading about other managers issues and arguments.

You could've just but my name there :P now what was you saying about Laila?
Jon Day
(Grupi Amateur - 6)

Shteti:
Angli 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (1)   Mospelqe kete postim (0)
Postim i vjeter #127 Postuar 12 Janar 2012, 22:06:27 Citim 
Quote ( Jed Lilly @ January 12th 2012,22:03:41 )

now what was you saying about Laila?
I wasn't?
Jed Lilly
(Grupi Amateur - 42)

Shteti:
Angli 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #128 Postuar 12 Janar 2012, 22:13:59 Citim 
Quote ( Jon Day @ January 12th 2012,22:06:27 )

I wasn't?

What are you doing in a thread with that title then!

I can't say DA Laila else Double Standard mods will show up.
Abijeet Khanna
(Grupi Pro - 15)

Postime: 2907
  Shteti:
Angli 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #129 Postuar 12 Janar 2012, 22:14:44 Citim 
I have a DA, he/she is Jed.
Dougie Marshall
(Grupi Rookie - 158)

Postime: 2659
  Shteti:
Skoci 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (4)   Mospelqe kete postim (0)
Postim i vjeter #130 Postuar 12 Janar 2012, 22:15:33 Citim 
Quote ( Jon Day @ January 12th 2012,21:56:40 )

instead of feeding the "pop corn" munching masses who love nothing better than reading about other managers issues and arguments.

you say that as if its a bad thing.
Jed Lilly
(Grupi Amateur - 42)

Shteti:
Angli 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #131 Postuar 12 Janar 2012, 22:17:16 Citim 
Quote ( Abijeet Khanna @ January 12th 2012,22:14:44 )

I have a DA, he/she is Jed.

You're doing it wrong! You need 2 different teams to steal data! look at Joan Centipede from tigers, thats how you do it!
Jon Day
(Grupi Amateur - 6)

Shteti:
Angli 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #132 Postuar 12 Janar 2012, 22:17:58 Citim 
Quote ( Dougie Marshall @ January 12th 2012,22:15:33 )

you say that as if its a bad thing.
lol, i know you better than that dude :P
Rimantas Sagatas4
(Grupi Elite)

Postime: 3709
  Shteti:
Lituani 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (7)   Mospelqe kete postim (5)
Postim i vjeter #133 Postuar 12 Janar 2012, 22:21:50 Citim 
Quote ( Pedro Almeida @ January 12th 2012,21:01:15 )

I believe that, for many years that the game exists, there will be always a great dark cloud on the Lailagate, can say whatever they want, for me continues to be an outline the rules of the game, nobody of good or with good intimate plays a game about a name not true, or is happening by another person than her, so I'd like to know what is a dual account??? Is not an impersonation of another character???

I don't see anything against the rules that 2 people are running one account. Laila registered an account and started to play alone but later Daneks joined her and helped in some cases. Finally, Laila stopped playing but Daneks not, so he changed the name. Case closed.
Jed Lilly
(Grupi Amateur - 42)

Shteti:
Angli 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #134 Postuar 12 Janar 2012, 22:23:52 Citim 
Quote ( Rimantas Sagatas @ January 12th 2012,22:21:50 )

I don't see anything against the rules that 2 people are running one account. Laila registered an account and started to play alone but later Daneks joined her and helped in some cases. Finally, Laila stopped playing but Daneks not, so he changed the name. Case closed.

If having 2 accounts is a double account, and 1 account is being normal, is having 2 people one Laila an half account?
Mark Witney
(Grupi Amateur - 43)

Postime: 1872
  Shteti:
Angli 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #135 Postuar 12 Janar 2012, 22:24:29 Citim 

Finally, Laila stopped playing but Daneks not, so he changed the name. Case closed.

That may well be the case, but as other people have said, it does create the appearance of double standards, one rule for "Elite" and another for the masses......
Jed Lilly
(Grupi Amateur - 42)

Shteti:
Angli 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #136 Postuar 12 Janar 2012, 22:26:40 Citim 
I find it hard to believe a new manager could come into the game in elite with no previous experience and not relegate, must've had a load of help from someone else in the game...
Jed Lilly
(Grupi Amateur - 42)

Shteti:
Angli 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #137 Postuar 12 Janar 2012, 22:27:42 Citim 
Quote ( Mark Witney @ January 12th 2012,22:24:29 )

That may well be the case, but as other people have said, it does create the appearance of double standards, one rule for "Elite" and another for the masses......

Also teams with a manager in elite are allowed 4 bumps a day whilst the trolls get 1.
Chinmay Dhopate
(Grupi Pro - 2)

Postime: 7750
  Shteti:
Indi 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (3)   Mospelqe kete postim (1)
Postim i vjeter #138 Postuar 12 Janar 2012, 22:30:41 Citim 

I don't see anything against the rules that 2 people are running one account.

This is very misleading. Check the bolded point... although the other 2 points I have mentioned are also applicable to some extent

/gb/TermsOfService.asp

You further agree not to:

• Use any incomplete, false or inaccurate biographical information or other information for purposes of registering as a user of the Service, or for purposes of registering for any promotions offered through the Service;
• Impersonate any person or entity, including, but not limited to, a GPRO web master, or moderator, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
• Allow any other person or entity to use your username or password for posting or viewing comments or sending or receiving materials

I'm not really too bothered by what is done to Laila/Daneks or if anything is done at all because that is decided by Admins, but please stop this "Laila/Daneks broke no rules" nonsense because that is simply not true.
Jed Lilly
(Grupi Amateur - 42)

Shteti:
Angli 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #139 Postuar 12 Janar 2012, 22:32:28 Citim 
Quote ( Chinmay Dhopate @ January 12th 2012,22:30:41 )

• Allow any other person or entity to use your username or password for posting or viewing comments or sending or receiving materials

That rules out tools too I guess, bit weird they added the limited access password then to help minimise the damage caused by it.
Chinmay Dhopate
(Grupi Pro - 2)

Shteti:
Indi 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #140 Postuar 12 Janar 2012, 22:34:06 Citim 
Quote ( Jed Lilly @ January 12th 2012,22:32:28 )

That rules out tools too I guess, bit weird they added the limited access password then to help minimise the damage caused by it.

Depends on what tools you are talking about...

For example when you use GO, you are not allowing any other person/entity access to your account. (GO is not an entity any more than your browser is)
Jed Lilly
(Grupi Amateur - 42)

Shteti:
Angli 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #141 Postuar 12 Janar 2012, 22:40:45 Citim 
Quote ( Chinmay Dhopate @ January 12th 2012,22:34:06 )

For example when you use GO, you are not allowing any other person/entity access to your account. (GO is not an entity any more than your browser is)

I've never used GO so don't know what it does or how it works but things that take data by using your password to get on your account (whether its a computer tool or a 2nd Latvian) seems to go against that sending/receiving material part.
Leonardo Bittencourt
(Grupi Rookie - 94)

Postime: 990
  Shteti:
Brazil 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #142 Postuar 12 Janar 2012, 22:41:57 Citim 
Quote ( Chinmay Dhopate @ January 12th 2012,22:30:41 )

I'm not really too bothered by what is done to Laila/Daneks or if anything is done at all because that is decided by Admins, but please stop this "Laila/Daneks broke no rules" nonsense because that is simply not true.

How about that "rule" is simply illogical because it can't possibly be enforced?

How can anyone know who is sitting behind the computer when an account does something?

You can't have a rule and have no means to enforce it. This alone makes it complete void of meaning and validity.

Besides, when people say "rules" they usualy refer to the Game Rules, not the arbitrary TOS...
Jed Lilly
(Grupi Amateur - 42)

Shteti:
Angli 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #143 Postuar 12 Janar 2012, 22:43:00 Citim 
Quote ( Leonardo Bittencourt @ January 12th 2012,22:41:57 )

How can anyone know who is sitting behind the computer when an account does something?

Webcams
Leonardo Bittencourt
(Grupi Rookie - 94)

Shteti:
Brazil 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #144 Postuar 12 Janar 2012, 22:54:22 (Së fundi edituar 12 Janar 2012, 22:57:36 nga Leonardo Bittencourt) Citim 
Quote ( Jed Lilly @ January 12th 2012,22:43:00 )

Webcams

1- you would need a provision that says you are obligated to have a webcam to play the game.
2 you would need to supply real ID information, when registering, which contains a photo for identity match.
3 -unless a check is made every time you log in, it doesn't change anything because if 2 people are cooperating, one of them will gladly supply the ID information to create the account for the partner to use.
4-Finaly, who will make these checks, for every login, for 10k users? Automation for this would require more than simple technology.

If we keep it real, that rule is BS because the website at the current point in time does not have the provisions to enforce it. A rule that can't be enforced is meaningless.

Also, regardless, this is a game, not a corporate/bank website. Having to supply so much information, and participate in such a tight security scheme, for a simple web browser game, would turn away a lot of people...
Shoaib Mohamed
(Grupi Pro - 13)

Postime: 9817
  Shteti:
Indi 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #145 Postuar 12 Janar 2012, 22:58:12 Citim 
Leo, in that case the DA rule is meaningless too.
Leonardo Bittencourt
(Grupi Rookie - 94)

Shteti:
Brazil 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #146 Postuar 12 Janar 2012, 23:03:15 Citim 
Quote ( Shoaib Mohamed @ January 12th 2012,22:58:12 )

Leo, in that case the DA rule is meaningless too.

But the only provision GPRO makes is "do not use the same computer". 2 accounts on the same computer can be enforced(even if there are ways around it anyway).

That to me says that for such a simple rule it at least works in a limited way...

The rule Chinmay quoted though, can't be enforced at all, currently. Quite different.
Phil Maunder
(Grupi Pro - 13)

Postime: 10003
  Shteti:
Angli 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #147 Postuar 12 Janar 2012, 23:13:40 (Së fundi edituar 12 Janar 2012, 23:17:05 nga Phil Maunder) Citim 
well I agree that weather or not a DA rule can be enforced to the nth degree is certainly a big factor, nevertheless my 2 cents on the orignal comment....

Quote ( Robert Mclaren @ July 11th 2009,12:39:02 )

why worry about double accounts dont being in a team help out as much as double accounts

main difference for me;
a team is 10 people all playing to have fun & better themselves. Certainly there is some (or depending on the team) a lot of compramise to acheive team aims such as points or gathering info (some teams maybe no compramise?), but ultimately its 10 people playing 'realistically' generally speaking.

whereas a DA... accounts just become sacrifical to that persons own ends and are just there as a slave to test things, especially things which are counter-intuative to what somone playing genuinely would normally do. Even though a Rookie sacrificing a season to test things is genuine, a DA could do it while advancing on their own account (or sacrificing their own account to test things twice as quickly). Totally different to being in a team.
Shoaib Mohamed
(Grupi Pro - 13)

Postime: 9817
  Shteti:
Indi 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #148 Postuar 12 Janar 2012, 23:16:17 Citim 
Ah fair point Leo. I get your point now. That said, the unenforceable rule was still broken by the account in question though.
Jed Lilly
(Grupi Amateur - 42)

Shteti:
Angli 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #149 Postuar 13 Janar 2012, 00:48:03 Citim 
Quote ( Leonardo Bittencourt @ January 12th 2012,22:54:22 )

1- you would need a provision that says you are obligated to have a webcam to play the game.
2 you would need to supply real ID information, when registering, which contains a photo for identity match.
3 -unless a check is made every time you log in, it doesn't change anything because if 2 people are cooperating, one of them will gladly supply the ID information to create the account for the partner to use.
4-Finaly, who will make these checks, for every login, for 10k users? Automation for this would require more than simple technology.

You thought I was serious? :O

Chinmay Dhopate
(Grupi Pro - 2)

Shteti:
Indi 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #150 Postuar 13 Janar 2012, 05:36:35 Citim 

How about that "rule" is simply illogical because it can't possibly be enforced?

Irrelevant.

But in this case, we know, don't we?

You can't have a rule and have no means to enforce it. This alone makes it complete void of meaning and validity.

Say again? There are a lot of laws in many countries for which there are no means to enforce them... this doesn't make them invalid. Occasionally, you will hear about someone breaking them and getting charged with breaking them...

It is all about trust and honesty. Just because a rule cannot be possibly enforced does not mean you have a carte blanche to blatantly break it. Some rules can be stupid but you agreed with them when you signed up to play this game. The first section of TOS itself says this:

If you do not accept these terms, You do not have the right to use the site/service.

So, if you don't agree with them then perhaps you should not be playing this game.
Faqe « 1 2 3 4 [56 ... 28 29 30 » Shpejt shkoni në faqen:
Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > General forum > teams and double accounts Shto këtë temë në listën e injorimit Shto këtë temë tek lista favorite e juaja

Përgjigju në këtë temë