Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Newbie forum > calculate the fuel for the race Shto këtë temë në listën e injorimit Shto këtë temë tek lista favorite e juaja
Faqe « 1 2 3 ... 7 [89 » Shpejt shkoni në faqen:
Autori Temë: calculate the fuel for the race 260 përgjigje
Kevin Parkinson
(Grupi Retired)

Kryesia e Gpro's
Postime: 14356
  Shteti:
Skoci 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (1)   Mospelqe kete postim (0)
Postim i vjeter #211 Postuar 30 Gusht 2011, 21:27:53 Citim 
Quote ( Tajinder Singh @ August 30th 2011,21:10:40 )

you were in ignition. so it doesn't need to be rocket scientist to know that the team possess immense amount of data. you have used that to your gain i suppose..and even the new members in your team have used it and you have helped them..its all FOBY

Joining a team is a different matter altogether. Before I joined Ignition, I basically learned everything for myself and showed myself to be intelligent and capable of learning for myself. It is only because I could do that was I considered for a position in a team like Ignition.

The same should apply to everyone. Joining a team will help you gain information quicker and joining an established team will give you access to much more data, and help you progress faster than you would on your own, but you need to be capable of doing it all for yourself first, without it being handed to you on a plate.
Tajinder Singh
(Grupi Rookie - 155)

Postime: 1220
  Shteti:
Indi 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #212 Postuar 30 Gusht 2011, 21:30:40 Citim 
so what is your point then....all the people are not idealistic to find on their own..there is a greed to attain it.
BTW what is between me and you? the privacy issue? lol
Kevin Parkinson
(Grupi Retired)

Kryesia e Gpro's
  Shteti:
Skoci 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (1)   Mospelqe kete postim (2)
Postim i vjeter #213 Postuar 30 Gusht 2011, 21:42:16 (Së fundi edituar 30 Gusht 2011, 21:42:54 nga Kevin Parkinson) Citim 
Quote ( Tajinder Singh @ August 30th 2011,21:30:40 )

so what is your point then

Newbies should not be handed exact data or knowledge is my point. Guidance is OK and very basic answers to obvious questions but nothing more.

Quote ( Tajinder Singh @ August 30th 2011,21:30:40 )

BTW what is between me and you? the privacy issue? lol

I don't understand what you mean. I didn't realise there was anything between me and you. I'm a married man and you are not my type :)
Koen De Heldt
(Grupi Master - 1)

Postime: 2851
  Shteti:
Belgjikë 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (1)   Mospelqe kete postim (1)
Postim i vjeter #214 Postuar 30 Gusht 2011, 22:00:37 Citim 
he when did Jimmy leave this topic....I was just getting the popcorn ready....well TT would say the cookies instead of popcorn and I must admit indeed I had some cookies but not the good ones, they are still in the closet :)

on topic, fuel, depends which fuel you take, regular or special one
Luc Segers
(Grupi Amateur - 43)

Postime: 1716
  Shteti:
Belgjikë 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (0)   Mospelqe kete postim (2)
Postim i vjeter #215 Postuar 30 Gusht 2011, 22:35:45 Citim 
hey i did no tleave it, just taking a break to eat some cookies.
And i did open a can of wormes for the hedgehogs :)
Pedro Almeida
(Grupi Pro - 13)

Postime: 5000
  Shteti:
Portugali 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (0)   Mospelqe kete postim (0)
Postim i vjeter #216 Postuar 30 Gusht 2011, 22:45:03 Citim 
Quote ( Koen De Heldt @ August 30th 2011,22:00:37 )

special one

...Please, leave us out of this!!!!
Luc Segers
(Grupi Amateur - 43)

Postime: 1716
  Shteti:
Belgjikë 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (0)   Mospelqe kete postim (2)
Postim i vjeter #217 Postuar 30 Gusht 2011, 23:13:40 Citim 
i use Euro-Super
Tajinder Singh
(Grupi Rookie - 155)

Shteti:
Indi 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #218 Postuar 31 Gusht 2011, 04:42:56 (Së fundi edituar 31 Gusht 2011, 04:53:57 nga Tajinder Singh) Citim 
Quote ( Kevin Parkinson @ August 30th 2011,21:42:16 )

Newbies should not be handed exact data or knowledge is my point. Guidance is OK and very basic answers to obvious questions but nothing more.

well i was new i knew nothing. after reading the forums i searched the net and found a site with more detailed basic info was given.then i joined a team getting more info.do you think joining a team and using the info present there should be stopped? a jealous man IMO. when they join a team they automatically get that data. without a team only basic info is suffice. i see that you also joined a team at the time of your first race. didn't you used their info? if the team didnot had anything, then you were unlucky i could say.

Quote ( Kevin Parkinson @ August 30th 2011,21:42:16 )

don't understand what you mean. I didn't realise there was anything between me and you. I'm a married man and you are not my type :)

oh cmon do you think i can have a crush on a man? and that to be like you. grumpy and arrogant?
Kevin Parkinson
(Grupi Retired)

Kryesia e Gpro's
  Shteti:
Skoci 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (0)   Mospelqe kete postim (1)
Postim i vjeter #219 Postuar 31 Gusht 2011, 12:12:21 Citim 
Quote ( Tajinder Singh @ August 31st 2011,04:42:56 )

do you think joining a team and using the info present there should be stopped?
Quote ( Kevin Parkinson @ August 30th 2011,21:27:53 )

Joining a team is a different matter altogether.

I already stated joining a team is totally different and should be encouraged. This is not the same as giving newbies exact data for nothing.

a jealous man IMO.

You have referred to this a few times. What are you talking about? What would I be jealous of? What would jealousy have to do with thinking the best thing for new players is not to be handed data on a plate?

i see that you also joined a team at the time of your first race. didn't you used their info? if the team didnot had anything, then you were unlucky i could say.

Did you also see that the team was formed before race 1 of season 16, the same time that I joined? Any data the members had (only 3 other members and no one had been playing the game for more than one season) was incomplete and generally inaccurate. But as I said, joining a team and sharing data and learning together is very different from handing data to someone for nothing.

oh cmon do you think i can have a crush on a man?

You are the one that asked what was between us. :)

and that to be like you. grumpy and arrogant?

Wouldn't that be braking the forum rule about insulting other members? But seen as you have said it, would you like to explain it? What part of me disagreeing with you makes me grumpy and arrogant? I think your opinion is wrong and make a case for why I believe so. Why does that make me grumpy and arrogant?

Resulting to name calling and abuse instead of responding to questions and entering in to a grown up debate is the sign of someone that has nothing constructive left to say. If you have a point to make, make it. If you want to disagree with something I say then you are entitled to do so. But if you are just going to ignore what I write anyway and result to name calling, then why continue to debate with me at all?
Tajinder Singh
(Grupi Rookie - 155)

Shteti:
Indi 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #220 Postuar 31 Gusht 2011, 12:22:31 Citim 
i want to tell you with complete equanimity that i don't want to take it further. i never said give the newbies everything. have you read the previous posts? if yes, then quote me saying that i wanted every esoteric info available to the newbies..

i would request you to let this topic be left alone and we part away gregariously..
Kevin Parkinson
(Grupi Retired)

Kryesia e Gpro's
  Shteti:
Skoci 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (0)   Mospelqe kete postim (3)
Postim i vjeter #221 Postuar 31 Gusht 2011, 12:26:27 Citim 
Quote ( Tajinder Singh @ August 31st 2011,12:22:31 )

i never said give the newbies everything. have you read the previous posts? if yes, then quote me saying that i wanted every esoteric info available to the newbies..

I never once claimed you did. I disagree with giving a newbie any exact information and that was my point.

Quote ( Tajinder Singh @ August 31st 2011,12:22:31 )

i would request you to let this topic be left alone and we part away gregariously..

Thank you once again for ignoring my points and questions from my previous post. Interesting that you now ask to leave the topic alone when I said my final point was made way back in post #153, yet you choose to continue the debate. I'm glad you have now taken my advice and decided not to continue the debate as you have nothing constructive to say. Well done for not resulting to more name calling though! :)

Michael Winkley
(Grupi Pro - 15)

Postime: 33335
  Shteti:
Uells 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #222 Postuar 31 Gusht 2011, 12:49:37 Citim 
Tajinder, ever considered playing mafia on the forums?
Kevin Parkinson
(Grupi Retired)

Kryesia e Gpro's
  Shteti:
Skoci 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #223 Postuar 31 Gusht 2011, 12:53:37 Citim 
lol :)
Tajinder Singh
(Grupi Rookie - 155)

Shteti:
Indi 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #224 Postuar 31 Gusht 2011, 12:54:55 Citim 
i am already between two games ;) it would be difficult.

BTW thanks for the offer
Michael Winkley
(Grupi Pro - 15)

Postime: 33335
  Shteti:
Uells 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #225 Postuar 31 Gusht 2011, 12:57:13 (Së fundi edituar 31 Gusht 2011, 13:00:05 nga Michael Winkley) Citim 
What games? Mafia on other sites?

More a suggestion than an offer. Mafia is where those that like arguing can argue to their hearts content without any consequences. We're always looking for new blood....makes us seem smarter than we are. ;p
Tajinder Singh
(Grupi Rookie - 155)

Shteti:
Indi 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #226 Postuar 31 Gusht 2011, 12:58:16 (Së fundi edituar 31 Gusht 2011, 13:26:19 nga Tajinder Singh) Citim 
Quote ( Michael Winkley @ August 31st 2011,12:57:13 )

What games? Mafia on other sites?

gpro and iGP manager

Quote ( Michael Winkley @ August 31st 2011,12:57:13 )

Mafia is where those that like arguing can argue to their hearts content without any consequences. We're always looking for new blood....makes us seem smarter than we are. ;p

would have loved to join if it was face to face..typing on the keyboard makes lose fun...i can clearly break my laptop arguing...lol
Maciek Wierzgacz
(Grupi Rookie - 181)

Postime: 4
  Shteti:
Poloni 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #227 Postuar 2 Shtator 2011, 09:13:16 (Së fundi edituar 2 Shtator 2011, 09:23:48 nga Maciek Wierzgacz) Citim 
Helo this is my first season in GPRO...and i have a question is it posiible to make 1.25l fuel per km? in newbie guide it says: "Therefore, with these 2 simple numbers you can work out that you used 0.69 litres per km (204.2litres ÷ 300km), or alternatively travelled 1.47km per litre (300km ÷ 204.2litres)"

in my testing i did 5 laps and it was 19 l of fuel- 1 laps is 3.071km so i need 1,237 l fuel per km...is it possible or its depends on my driver quality? in testing i had driver with 53 overal only and now i have with 88 overal...
Konrad Wrobel
(Grupi Rookie - 44)

Postime: 280
  Shteti:
Poloni 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #228 Postuar 2 Shtator 2011, 09:20:56 Citim 
Quote ( Maciek Wierzgacz @ September 2nd 2011,09:13:16 )

Helo this is my first season in GPRO...and i have a question is it posiible to make 1.25l fuel per km?

If your first race is on Bucharest Ring, where fuel usage is Very high, for whole race you need about 210 ltrs of fuel.

In Q1 you have only one lap. How you manage to have 5 and even calculate this fuel usage?
Maciek Wierzgacz
(Grupi Rookie - 181)

Postime: 4
  Shteti:
Poloni 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #229 Postuar 2 Shtator 2011, 09:23:12 Citim 
sorry my wrong it was on testing not in Q1....
Konrad Wrobel
(Grupi Rookie - 44)

Shteti:
Poloni 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #230 Postuar 2 Shtator 2011, 09:49:03 Citim 
But testing was on different track.
Do not waste your money for it in your first season.

Also in testing you can try to calculate usage of fuel and tyres for specific conditions. Then in race conditions are different.

If you need any additional infor pleas PMe.
Kevin Parkinson
(Grupi Retired)

Kryesia e Gpro's
  Shteti:
Skoci 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #231 Postuar 2 Shtator 2011, 10:19:56 Citim 
Please don't post exact data on the public forum. And be careful who you take advice from.

Testing can give you an idea of fuel consumption, but there are many factors that have an effect, some of which have already been alluded to here.

Best advice you can get is to make sure you keep all data and that can help you start to calculate such things. You will get your estimates wrong early on, but that is to be expected. The more data you get, the more accurate your calculations will become.
Tajinder Singh
(Grupi Rookie - 155)

Shteti:
Indi 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #232 Postuar 2 Shtator 2011, 10:25:11 Citim 
look at the track stats..most important being fuel usage and race distance. load your car with gasoline accordingly. there are some stats of the driver which also affects the consumption. this is your first race and so is mine so, collect data and just try to learn :D
Pål Göran Stensson
(Grupi Pro - 12)

Postime: 1517
  Shteti:
Suedi 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #233 Postuar 2 Shtator 2011, 10:30:09 Citim 
The wiki will give you some understanding of what is the most you'll ever need. If you then research the tracks and see what fuel ratings/distance they are you should be able to give a very rough guess.

Initially, I'd suggest that you add another 10-20% more fuel for the total race. You'll run a little slower but you won't be forced to extra stops that cost a lot of time. Once you start to get some numbers on different tracks and track types, start lowering your safety margin to where you feel comfortable. Eventually, you'll get to a point where you can calculate it down to the exact litres needed. Still, most will even then run with a couple of litres fuel for margin.
David Rolleston1
(Grupi Elite)

Postime: 2618
  Shteti:
Skoci 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #234 Postuar 2 Shtator 2011, 11:08:20 Citim 

Helo this is my first season in GPRO...and i have a question is it posiible to make 1.25l fuel per km? in newbie guide it says: "Therefore, with these 2 simple numbers you can work out that you used 0.69 litres per km (204.2litres ÷ 300km), or alternatively travelled 1.47km per litre (300km ÷ 204.2litres)"in my testing i did 5 laps and it was 19 l of fuel- 1 laps is 3.071km so i need 1,237 l fuel per km...is it possible or its depends on my driver quality? in testing i had driver with 53 overal only and now i have with 88 overal...

An excellent way of assessing your options Maciek, well done on figuring the useage out on the test track. But as has been mentioned, the track for the first race is VERY HIGH fuel consumption, where as the test track is MEDIUM. So you will have to make an educated guess as to what useage you might get.

After the race make sure you work out what useage you actually got as it will come in handy for future races on similar tracks
Konrad Wrobel
(Grupi Rookie - 44)

Shteti:
Poloni 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #235 Postuar 2 Shtator 2011, 12:12:00 (Së fundi edituar 2 Shtator 2011, 12:24:52 nga Konrad Wróbel) Citim 
Quote ( Kevin Parkinson @ September 2nd 2011,10:19:56 )

Please don't post exact data on the public forum. And be careful who you take advice from.

And you think that write " about 210ltrs" is the exact data?

Quote ( David Rolleston @ September 2nd 2011,11:08:20 )

But as has been mentioned, the track for the first race is VERY HIGH fuel consumption, where as the test track is MEDIUM.

And there is also difference (about 1,5km) in lap length.
Kevin Parkinson
(Grupi Retired)

Kryesia e Gpro's
  Shteti:
Skoci 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #236 Postuar 2 Shtator 2011, 12:26:04 Citim 
Quote ( Konrad Wrobel @ September 2nd 2011,12:12:00 )

And you think that write " about 210ltrs" is the exact data?

No, I wouldn't say that is exact data. Still wouldn't post it though, but I wasn't referring to you when I mentioned exact data.

in my testing i did 5 laps and it was 19 l of fuel- 1 laps is 3.071km so i need 1,237 l fuel per km

That is exact data :)
Jonathan MacLean
(Grupi Amateur - 43)

Postime: 7142
  Shteti:
Skoci 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #237 Postuar 2 Shtator 2011, 12:30:08 Citim 
God, i dunno what these guys are teaching everyone. I use 12 darts and a dartboard to calculate my fuel...

Still wonder why i underfuel at monza though.
Fredrik Palmqvist
(Grupi Pro - 15)

Postime: 3231
  Shteti:
Suedi 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #238 Postuar 2 Shtator 2011, 12:30:51 Citim 
Quote ( Jonathan MacLean @ September 2nd 2011,12:30:08 )

To many pints before throwing the darts?
Kevin Parkinson
(Grupi Retired)

Kryesia e Gpro's
  Shteti:
Skoci 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #239 Postuar 2 Shtator 2011, 12:34:05 Citim 
Quote ( Jonathan MacLean @ September 2nd 2011,12:30:08 )

God, i dunno what these guys are teaching everyone. I use 12 darts and a dartboard to calculate my fuel...

You need 13 darts for Monza, didn't you know? :p
Shoaib Mohamed
(Grupi Amateur - 1)

Postime: 9817
  Shteti:
Indi 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (2)   Mospelqe kete postim (0)
Postim i vjeter #240 Postuar 2 Shtator 2011, 12:37:39 Citim 
Ok, so i have 174 unread posts in this thread. Is it worth buying popcorn for this or should i simply move on?
Faqe « 1 2 3 ... 7 [89 » Shpejt shkoni në faqen:
Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Newbie forum > calculate the fuel for the race Shto këtë temë në listën e injorimit Shto këtë temë tek lista favorite e juaja

Përgjigju në këtë temë