Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Suggestions forum > Tyre Condition at Race Start Shto këtë temë në listën e injorimit Shto këtë temë tek lista favorite e juaja
Faqe [1
Autori Temë: Tyre Condition at Race Start 25 përgjigje
Jordan Reece
(Grupi Rookie - 111)

Postime: 81
  Shteti:
Angli 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (6)   Mospelqe kete postim (13)
Postim i vjeter #1 Postuar 10 Gusht 2012, 22:24:59 Citim 
I've searched and I can't find anything relating to this on the forums but sorry if it has been posted already.

But at the start of the race the tyres are at 100% this is presumably because you start the race on a fresh set of tyres than you qualified on. But if you started on the tyres you did qualify (A used set) then this could benefit strategies.

For example, When you qualify in the 2nd session having heavier fuel and taking more risks would mean you would start with more worn tyres than someone thats light on fuel and taking low risks.

Also, This is another idea around the subject but if this was in place then maybe you could see how worn they are after qualifying and this could help people get an idea of tyre wear for the race.
Thomas Lindgren
(Grupi Pro - 9)

Postime: 17732
  Shteti:
Suedi 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (4)   Mospelqe kete postim (21)
Postim i vjeter #2 Postuar 10 Gusht 2012, 22:26:27 Citim 
This is not F1.
Sharon Watson
(Grupi Rookie - 250)

Postime: 27
  Shteti:
Skoci 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (0)   Mospelqe kete postim (20)
Postim i vjeter #3 Postuar 10 Gusht 2012, 22:31:12 Citim 
3rd! (In this topic) :P
Eni Kokalari
(Grupi Rookie - 258)

Postime: 117
  Shteti:
Shqipëria 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (1)   Mospelqe kete postim (3)
Postim i vjeter #4 Postuar 10 Gusht 2012, 22:32:35 Citim 
It's a good idea. I've thought of that too. It would also be nice if we could try practice laps with different amount of fuel and so that we can decide our strategy without depending on data from previous seasons. It would be fair to the new managers and also more realistic
Eni Kokalari
(Grupi Rookie - 258)

Shteti:
Shqipëria 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (5)   Mospelqe kete postim (6)
Postim i vjeter #5 Postuar 10 Gusht 2012, 22:33:53 Citim 
Quote ( Thomas Lindgren @ August 10th 2012,22:26:27 )

This is not F1

this is supposed to be an F1 simulation game
Pål Göran Stensson
(Grupi Pro - 12)

Postime: 1517
  Shteti:
Suedi 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (10)   Mospelqe kete postim (2)
Postim i vjeter #6 Postuar 10 Gusht 2012, 22:35:58 Citim 
Quote ( Thomas Lindgren @ August 10th 2012,22:26:27 )

This is not F1.

What on earth does that have to do with the suggestion? The OP does not at any point say that this is because it would be more realistic or more like F1. If you don't have anything constructive reason why this does or doesn't make sense from a gameplay perspective, then why comment?

Personally, I think the effect would be really marginal and there certainly are other areas that makes more sense to work on as this would require a good bit of work and tuning to get right.
Harrison Whitworth
(Grupi Amateur - 56)

Postime: 782
  Shteti:
Angli 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (2)   Mospelqe kete postim (7)
Postim i vjeter #7 Postuar 10 Gusht 2012, 22:36:14 (Së fundi edituar 10 Gusht 2012, 22:36:42 nga Harrison Whitworth) Citim 
Quote ( Eni Kokalari @ August 10th 2012,22:33:53 )

From the Game Rules, line 1

GPRO Game Rules

Grand Prix Racing Online is a web based motor sport management game,

Where does it say F1?
Jordan Fealey
(Grupi Rookie - 15)

Postime: 36
  Shteti:
Angli 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (1)   Mospelqe kete postim (1)
Postim i vjeter #8 Postuar 10 Gusht 2012, 22:38:39 Citim 
Quote ( Eni Kokalari @ August 10th 2012,22:32:35 )

It's a good idea. I've thought of that too. It would also be nice if we could try practice laps with different amount of fuel and so that we can decide our strategy without depending on data from previous seasons. It would be fair to the new managers and also more realistic

Isn't this what testing is for? Or am I being really stupid?? lol
Mikko Heikkinen
(Grupi Master - 2)

Postime: 12503
  Shteti:
Finlandë 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (3)   Mospelqe kete postim (3)
Postim i vjeter #9 Postuar 10 Gusht 2012, 22:39:19 Citim 
Quote ( Eni Kokalari @ August 10th 2012,22:33:53 )

1) no

Quote ( Harrison Whitworth @ August 10th 2012,22:36:14 )

GPRO Game Rules

Grand Prix Racing Online is a web based motor sport management game,

indeed

2) and even if it was F1 based management, nowhere does it say that it would be based on current, ever changing rules.

The tyre rules are in fact based on F1 rules, but not the current ones. It would actually be very difficult and frustrating to try and keep up with every whim mr. Bernie E. comes up with
Eni Kokalari
(Grupi Rookie - 258)

Shteti:
Shqipëria 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (5)   Mospelqe kete postim (5)
Postim i vjeter #10 Postuar 10 Gusht 2012, 22:39:22 Citim 
Look at the homepage. It shows a picture of an F1 race and some F1 technical directors. I joined his game because I thought it was an F1 simulation game and it pretty much is.
Andrei Ciuchi
(Grupi Pro - 14)

Kryesia e Gpro's
Postime: 21510
  Shteti:
Kanadë 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (0)   Mospelqe kete postim (0)
Postim i vjeter #11 Postuar 10 Gusht 2012, 22:39:49 Citim 

It would also be nice if we could try practice laps with different amount of fuel and so that we can decide our strategy without depending on data from previous seasons. It would be fair to the new managers and also more realistic

That's why you have Testing available there. I know it's just one track all season, but at least you get an idea about fuel consumption.

Besides, the idea here is for managers to learn, not to have stuff given to them on a silver platter.
Paulo Taveira
(Grupi Amateur - 28)

Postime: 560
  Shteti:
Portugali 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (1)   Mospelqe kete postim (0)
Postim i vjeter #12 Postuar 10 Gusht 2012, 22:41:10 Citim 
Does it need to be F1 to have logic? It's so logic that if you drive 3 laps on Q1 and then 3 laps on Q2, tyres should be a bit more worn than 0%! It's easier to play a game if it has logic in it!

And yes, it's supposed to be a simulation. That's why I like to play it!
Thomas Lindgren
(Grupi Pro - 9)

Postime: 17732
  Shteti:
Suedi 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (1)   Mospelqe kete postim (5)
Postim i vjeter #13 Postuar 10 Gusht 2012, 22:41:52 Citim 
Quote ( Pål Göran Stensson @ August 10th 2012,22:35:58 )

What on earth does that have to do with the suggestion? The OP does not at any point say that this is because it would be more realistic or more like F1

Of course it is, the idea he suggests is how F1 is today.
Eni Kokalari
(Grupi Rookie - 258)

Shteti:
Shqipëria 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (0)   Mospelqe kete postim (2)
Postim i vjeter #14 Postuar 10 Gusht 2012, 22:41:58 Citim 
Quote ( Jordan Fealey @ August 10th 2012,22:38:39 )

Isn't this what testing is for? Or am I being really stupid?? lol

yes, but you can only do tesitng on one track all season
Sion Francis
(Grupi Pro - 12)

Postime: 6613
  Shteti:
Uells 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #15 Postuar 10 Gusht 2012, 22:42:53 Citim 
So we'd have slightly less tyre wear to play with in races - unless you make the differences between qualifying risk levels ~10% wear, no one's going to care; and if you make the differences that big, no one's going to push.

ps - categorically not an F1 simulator; it puts pretty pictures of F1 cars there just to lull people in because F1 is popular. It's a motor racing based management game which tries to use tenuous links with F1 as a form of advertising; that's all.
Harrison Whitworth
(Grupi Amateur - 56)

Postime: 782
  Shteti:
Angli 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #16 Postuar 10 Gusht 2012, 22:43:07 (Së fundi edituar 10 Gusht 2012, 22:44:20 nga Harrison Whitworth) Citim 
Quote ( Paulo Taveira @ August 10th 2012,22:41:10 )

Does it need to be F1 to have logic? It's so logic that if you drive 3 laps on Q1 and then 3 laps on Q2, tyres should be a bit more worn than 0%! It's easier to play a game if it has logic in it!
Whoever said that you start on the tyres which you do Q2 on? That rule only started in F1 in 2010, so why should it apply here?

Quote ( Eni Kokalari @ August 10th 2012,22:39:22 )

Look at the homepage. It shows a picture of an F1 race and some F1 technical directors. I joined his game because I thought it was an F1 simulation game and it pretty much is.

Because that's the best known motor sport series.
Diego Borçoi
(Grupi Pro - 7)

Postime: 2227
  Shteti:
Brazil 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #17 Postuar 10 Gusht 2012, 22:44:38 Citim 
Quote ( Jordan Reece @ August 10th 2012,22:24:59 )

For example, When you qualify in the 2nd session having heavier fuel and taking more risks would mean you would start with more worn tyres than someone thats light on fuel and taking low risks.

Also, This is another idea around the subject but if this was in place then maybe you could see how worn they are after qualifying and this could help people get an idea of tyre wear for the race.

Maybe it's a good idea, but only if the wear of Q2 stay hidden until the race screen is open :P. So your tyres must start the race with one lap wear. No needed to show this value, it is one of the greatest points of the game.
Pål Göran Stensson
(Grupi Pro - 12)

Postime: 1517
  Shteti:
Suedi 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (5)   Mospelqe kete postim (1)
Postim i vjeter #18 Postuar 10 Gusht 2012, 22:52:49 Citim 
Quote ( Thomas Lindgren @ August 10th 2012,22:41:52 )

Of course it is, the idea he suggests is how F1 is today.

That may very well be the case but it was nowhere so stated. Doesn't make the blank statement any more useful though. Argue the point from a gameplay perspective rather than useless and categorical statements. This is a suggestion forum, tackle the suggestions on their own merit or ignore them.
Mikko Heikkinen
(Grupi Master - 2)

Postime: 12503
  Shteti:
Finlandë 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (0)   Mospelqe kete postim (2)
Postim i vjeter #19 Postuar 10 Gusht 2012, 22:55:00 (Së fundi edituar 10 Gusht 2012, 22:58:24 nga Mikko Heikkinen) Citim 
Quote ( Eni Kokalari @ August 10th 2012,22:39:22 )

Please re-read post #9 section 2)

this quote also says something about it:

Quote ( Harrison Whitworth @ August 10th 2012,22:43:07 )

Whoever said that you start on the tyres which you do Q2 on? That rule only started in F1 in 2010, so why should it apply here?

Edit:
Quote ( Pål Göran Stensson @ August 10th 2012,22:52:49 )

tackle the suggestions on their own merit or ignore them.

fair point. Sorry, got carried away on a Friday night :|
Kevin Parkinson
(Grupi Amateur - 42)

Kryesia e Gpro's
Postime: 14356
  Shteti:
Skoci 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (3)   Mospelqe kete postim (1)
Postim i vjeter #20 Postuar 11 Gusht 2012, 01:47:08 Citim 

That would make the game much, much easier and get rid of all the fun of analysing the data you can get now to predict future fuel consumption or tyre wear. Anything that over simplifies the game is a big no from me, and most others, I would think.
Jordan Reece
(Grupi Rookie - 111)

Shteti:
Angli 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #21 Postuar 11 Gusht 2012, 14:20:31 Citim 
Probably seeing the wear before the race starts isn't the best idea but still I imagine it like this in the race. The driver wouldn't be pushing anywhere near as much as he would do in qualifying in the race. So if he was pushing as hard as he could in qualifying he would probably have a fair amount of wear on his tyres, Outlap, Hotlap, Inlap, That could be about 8-9% on highests risks, 6-7% on middle risks and 5-6% of lowest risks which could be crucial for people trying a one stopper for example.
Andrei Ciuchi
(Grupi Pro - 14)

Kryesia e Gpro's
Postime: 21510
  Shteti:
Kanadë 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #22 Postuar 11 Gusht 2012, 14:32:43 Citim 
Quote ( Jordan Reece @ August 11th 2012,14:20:31 )

That could be about 8-9% on highests risks, 6-7% on middle risks and 5-6% of lowest risks which could be crucial for people trying a one stopper for example.

Like Sion already said, at those levels of wear in qualifying, nobody is going to care. And if you make them too high, nobody is going to floor it anymore.
Jordan Reece
(Grupi Rookie - 111)

Shteti:
Angli 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #23 Postuar 11 Gusht 2012, 22:38:54 Citim 
Quote ( Andrei Ciuchi @ August 11th 2012,14:32:43 )

Quote ( Jordan Reece @ August 11th 2012,14:20:31 )

That could be about 8-9% on highests risks, 6-7% on middle risks and 5-6% of lowest risks which could be crucial for people trying a one stopper for example.

Like Sion already said, at those levels of wear in qualifying, nobody is going to care. And if you make them too high, nobody is going to floor it anymore.

Well, This is why I suppose the forum is here so people could discuss their ideas. I was just giving some examples
Jack Benson
(Grupi Rookie - 313)

Postime: 2539
  Shteti:
Angli 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #24 Postuar 12 Gusht 2012, 11:08:31 Citim 
Personally, I don't like the idea. And these are the things that appear to be being missed out.

Firstly, as has already been pointed out, GPRO is not going to try and keep up with the ever changing rules of F1. I think there is more reason (not that I wan't it) to introduce the new points system to GPRO, but this wont happen because otherwise we would need to change everytime the points system changes. Then what would happen is we would have to give up the current strategy side of the game and take away fuel, starting on the full race amount and only change tyres which nobody wants.

Secondly, I cannot see how this will benefit GPRO. If this was implemented I can't see people being happy with this. There also appears to be an assumption that tyres you start on are the same as the ones you qualified on but have no wear. No this is a different type of racing where you select a compound and are given infinite amount of tyres because it is a virtual race so we can do that, and then do your race starting on a new set and replace at each stop. Also, this will discourage one stopping, even wear at 5% could spell doom over strategies and everyone will be caught in middle ground and there could be some unforseen consequences that do not change GPRO for the better.

As for trying to give suggestions to improve this, I cannot help here, I don't like the idea and I am pretty sure that this one has
been consigned to the bin by the coders. It won't be popular and it is not improving the game in anyway.
Steven Tindle
(Grupi Amateur - 20)

Postime: 1886
  Shteti:
Angli 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #25 Postuar 12 Gusht 2012, 11:13:27 Citim 
With rumors of Pirelli making a qualifying tyre this would be considered unrealistic if that comes into use for the people who think this is based on F1.
Ayman Daher
(Grupi Pro - 16)

Postime: 777
  Shteti:
Liban 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #26 Postuar 12 Gusht 2012, 11:37:30 (Së fundi edituar 12 Gusht 2012, 11:38:23 nga Ayman Daher) Citim 
I think that it is always good to make suggestions about change, and after discussion we can see if it is for the better or not...

I think there are somethings that should never change, like those things that has to do with data collected...So we cant change tracks wear or length, or fuel consumptions, tire wear, ect...

But anything else from the point system to this idea suggested here is open to discussion..

change always faces opposition; but it is always useful to consider...

So good work Jordan, although I dont support this idea, but always think of things that may help improvement of the game :)

Faqe [1
Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Suggestions forum > Tyre Condition at Race Start Shto këtë temë në listën e injorimit Shto këtë temë tek lista favorite e juaja

Përgjigju në këtë temë