Faqe [1
Autori Temë: Tyres-Race 21 përgjigje
Leo Longhi
(Grupi Amateur - 20)

Postime: 252
  Shteti:
Brazil 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (10)   Mospelqe kete postim (13)
Postim i vjeter #1 Postuar 3 Maj 2016, 15:09:28 Citim 
Actually, in car image, we can see if someone is on dry or wet tyres...nothing against this as someone could take an advantage doing later the Qs....but why not showing which tyres are the dry ones IN THE RACE? after all no more changes about car setup for race can be done after Qs'end for 1:30h before the race so there's no a real advantage putting a coloured line like F1 has on their tyres.
Probably some of you will say "look to the times and you'll understand which tyres is people using". But no! Actually can be players who are able to race faster even with harder tyres...and we don't know if they're on the fastest tyre or they have a really good driver who really pushes...
Putting the coloured line during the race could help people understand when the difference is really from tyres and when a driver is good or bad enough for you...
I'll be happy to give you additional motivations by your questions about this and I'll also be happy to stop talking about this if someone will give me a very reason to not do this ;)
Thank you all for reading.
Jos Kwan
(Grupi Pro - 10)

Postime: 577
  Shteti:
Malajzi 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (1)   Mospelqe kete postim (0)
Postim i vjeter #2 Postuar 3 Maj 2016, 15:14:32 (Së fundi edituar 3 Maj 2016, 15:16:42 nga Jos Kwan) Citim 
You may see it through the 'lap time' column and what you can do if you know what tires they use?
Michael Winkley
(Grupi Pro - 12)

Postime: 33335
  Shteti:
Uells 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (2)   Mospelqe kete postim (0)
Postim i vjeter #3 Postuar 3 Maj 2016, 15:19:30 Citim 
Rain tyres have white stripes on the outside IIRC.
Leo Longhi
(Grupi Amateur - 20)

Shteti:
Brazil 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (0)   Mospelqe kete postim (2)
Postim i vjeter #4 Postuar 3 Maj 2016, 15:24:55 Citim 
about rain tyres i know...

Quote ( Jos Kwan @ May 3rd 2016,15:14:32 )

You may see it through the 'lap time' column and what you can do if you know what tires they use?

Actually i can't see for sure by that column because it has happened this season that i was on ES and was slower than people that did a pit's number like different tyres. Is because of this i ask for tyres colors DURING RACE ONLY.
I can't do something live but it can help for the next races (on the same track and/or against same drivers).
Frederik Broux
(Grupi Amateur - 10)

Postime: 415
  Shteti:
Belgjikë 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (2)   Mospelqe kete postim (1)
Postim i vjeter #5 Postuar 3 Maj 2016, 15:27:15 Citim 
I like this idea, would be a nice added value during the race.
Mark Wright
(Grupi Pro - 19)

Postime: 8829
  Shteti:
Skoci 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (3)   Mospelqe kete postim (0)
Postim i vjeter #6 Postuar 3 Maj 2016, 15:32:05 Citim 
Race speed isn't just about tyres especially when everyone is on the same compound. It's easy enough to check the difference between tyre compounds in practise which will give you the difference without any DMs if you look at the correct figure.

Someone on hard tyres may well have their CT set twice as high as you so knowing what tyre they are on won't necessarily mean anything, That's before you take into account fuel load, driver, car level, boost laps, FT etc, etc.
Jody Parker
(Grupi Amateur - 3)

Postime: 767
  Shteti:
Angli 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (1)   Mospelqe kete postim (0)
Postim i vjeter #7 Postuar 3 Maj 2016, 17:23:35 Citim 
Tyre compound is primarily about longevity and only secondary about speed, so don't compare speeds in race to determine compounds but compare how long your tyres last with how long others tyres lasts, and factor in things that reduce the longevity of tyres and increase speeds too.
Giving away tyre compounds in race will make it too easy, I think, to spot risks and strategy people are using.
Leo Longhi
(Grupi Amateur - 20)

Shteti:
Brazil 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (0)   Mospelqe kete postim (5)
Postim i vjeter #8 Postuar 3 Maj 2016, 17:35:42 Citim 
Quote ( Jody Parker @ May 3rd 2016,17:23:35 )

Tyre compound is primarily about longevity and only secondary about speed, so don't compare speeds in race to determine compounds but compare how long your tyres last with how long others tyres lasts, and factor in things that reduce the longevity of tyres and increase speeds too.
Giving away tyre compounds in race will make it too easy, I think, to spot risks and strategy people are using.

but if someone does your same number of pits how do you know what determined that difference? maybe he was on faster tyres but lower risk, or slower tyres but better driver, etc...? Variables are so much that from actual race-setup you would take soooo long to understand which could be the difference between you and another one...imagine against 35+- people....how much time...more then 17 races...and after each one everything can change...i think showing tyres-type during race could help people understanding opponents' strategies or which is their true strenght and you can then learn how to act consequently
Nicolaas Van Waveren
(Grupi Rookie - 262)

Postime: 7
  Shteti:
Afrika e Jugut 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #9 Postuar 3 Maj 2016, 17:49:28 Citim 
I agree, would be nice to know what compound dry tyres are used by others. In real life F1 is full of secrets, but tyre compound in not one of them.
Mark Wright
(Grupi Pro - 19)

Shteti:
Skoci 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (5)   Mospelqe kete postim (0)
Postim i vjeter #10 Postuar 3 Maj 2016, 17:49:43 (Së fundi edituar 3 Maj 2016, 17:51:23 nga Mark Wright) Citim 
Quote ( Leo Longhi @ May 3rd 2016,17:35:42 )

but if someone does your same number of pits how do you know what determined that difference?

You don't. That sort of thing comes from experience but you won't necessarily know the correct answer. If his tyres scrub and yours don't can be a good give away especially if he scrubs on lap 20 and you know that XS tyres will scrub on lap 20 at around X CT.

That's the nearest you can get really but it gives you an idea of the tyres and the CT used - what you do with that information is entirely down to you ;)

P.S. It's better to wonder why you may be slower rather than why he is faster. There's nothing you can do to slow him down but there are things you can do to speed up.
Leo Longhi
(Grupi Amateur - 20)

Shteti:
Brazil 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (1)   Mospelqe kete postim (2)
Postim i vjeter #11 Postuar 3 Maj 2016, 18:00:41 (Së fundi edituar 3 Maj 2016, 18:01:24 nga Leo Longhi) Citim 
Quote ( Mark Wright @ May 3rd 2016,17:49:43 )

P.S. It's better to wonder why you may be slower rather than why he is faster. There's nothing you can do to slow him down but there are things you can do to speed up.

yep...but if i know that someone faster for example 1s is on 2times faster tyres than i know i'm racing like him....if someone is going 2s faster with same or slower tyre thani understand i'm no match and i study him into the limits i can, trying to improve myself comparing track-to-track to this one and seeing if our difference is shrinking.
John Henderson
(Grupi Master - 5)

Postime: 260
  Shteti:
Shtetet e Bashkuara 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (1)   Mospelqe kete postim (1)
Postim i vjeter #12 Postuar 3 Maj 2016, 18:02:46 (Së fundi edituar 3 Maj 2016, 18:16:48 nga John Henderson) Citim 
Quote ( Nicolaas Van Waveren @ May 3rd 2016,17:49:28 )

In real life F1 is full of secrets, but tyre compound in not one of them.

I like it. Would be nice to know who's on what tyre during the race.
Ľubomír Štec
(Grupi Pro - 13)

Postime: 713
  Shteti:
Sllovakia 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (5)   Mospelqe kete postim (0)
Postim i vjeter #13 Postuar 3 Maj 2016, 19:28:51 Citim 
Quote ( Leo Longhi @ May 3rd 2016,15:09:28 )

there's no a real advantage putting a coloured line like F1 has on their tyres.

I think this could be a very big advantage knowing which tyres the managers go, maybe not in ongoing race but for another races so that could show the real pace of the managers´ drivers so now it is ok and everything is up to you how you can anaylze the others pace :)
Mark Wright
(Grupi Pro - 19)

Shteti:
Skoci 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #14 Postuar 3 Maj 2016, 19:36:07 (Së fundi edituar 3 Maj 2016, 19:36:25 nga Mark Wright) Citim 
Quote ( Leo Longhi @ May 3rd 2016,18:00:41 )

yep...but if i know that someone faster for example 1s is on 2times faster tyres than i know i'm racing like him....if someone is going 2s faster with same or slower tyre thani understand i'm no match and i study him into the limits i can, trying to improve myself comparing track-to-track to this one and seeing if our difference is shrinking.

You're worrying too much about how fast other people are which is something you can't change. Wait until you get to Pro and there's a myriad of tyres to deal with ^_^
Silvano Spada
(Grupi Amateur - 62)

Postime: 296
  Shteti:
Itali 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (0)   Mospelqe kete postim (1)
Postim i vjeter #15 Postuar 3 Maj 2016, 22:00:38 Citim 
Quote ( John Henderson @ May 3rd 2016,18:02:46 )

Quote ( Nicolaas Van Waveren @ May 3rd 2016,17:49:28 )

In real life F1 is full of secrets, but tyre compound in not one of them.

I like it. Would be nice to know who's on what tyre during the race.

I like too. I think this idea is worthy of consideration.

Danny Zech
(Grupi Rookie - 223)

Postime: 9
  Shteti:
Kroacia 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (0)   Mospelqe kete postim (9)
Postim i vjeter #16 Postuar 17 Maj 2016, 19:54:30 Citim 
Maybe show different compound dry tires with collors like in real, but only after race start, to avoid copy strategy or something. Watching race will be more interesting.
Mikko Heikkinen
(Grupi Pro - 4)

Postime: 12503
  Shteti:
Finlandë 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (8)   Mospelqe kete postim (0)
Postim i vjeter #17 Postuar 17 Maj 2016, 20:08:27 Citim 
Quote ( Danny Zech @ May 17th 2016,19:54:30 )

Maybe show different compound dry tires with collors like in real, but only after race start, to avoid copy strategy or something. Watching race will be more interesting.

The effect would be quite the opposite,

it would make watching races less interesting, as you would know the strategy of others from lap 1
Mato Nikic
(Grupi Amateur - 34)

Postime: 782
  Shteti:
Kroacia 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (0)   Mospelqe kete postim (2)
Postim i vjeter #18 Postuar 24 Maj 2016, 18:17:09 Citim 
Nice idea to see the difference between tyre types....zhe problem with the player who makes the quali later could be solved by publishing the quali results after the quali is closed.
Leo Longhi
(Grupi Amateur - 20)

Shteti:
Brazil 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #19 Postuar 24 Maj 2016, 18:29:26 Citim 
Quote ( Mato Nikic @ May 24th 2016,18:17:09 )

Nice idea to see the difference between tyre types....zhe problem with the player who makes the quali later could be solved by publishing the quali results after the quali is closed.

Quote ( Leo Longhi @ May 3rd 2016,15:09:28 )

...IN THE RACE...
Madalin Popa
(Grupi Rookie - 92)

Postime: 9
  Shteti:
Rumani 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (1)   Mospelqe kete postim (3)
Postim i vjeter #20 Postuar 11 Qershor 2016, 18:49:16 Citim 
(Not sure if thread is closed, so I'm sorry if I am not allow to bump)

Great idea! It would be really great for data collection aswell to see other driver's compounds IN THE RACE, not in the qualifications.
Like a special column where the drivers are shown in the standings/lap times and have abbrevations like "ES, S, M, H, R" for all tyre compounds.

+1 :D
Andrei Ciuchi
(Grupi Retired)

Kryesia e Gpro's
Postime: 21510
  Shteti:
Rumani 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #21 Postuar 11 Qershor 2016, 18:50:59 Citim 
Except Mikko has a point.

Quote ( Mikko Heikkinen @ May 17th 2016,20:08:27 )

it would make watching races less interesting, as you would know the strategy of others from lap 1
Jay Larner
(Grupi Amateur - 53)

Postime: 89
  Shteti:
Angli 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (4)   Mospelqe kete postim (0)
Postim i vjeter #22 Postuar 11 Qershor 2016, 18:55:47 Citim 
You can usually work out what compound others are using by watching the race, checking their pace, and seeing when their tyres wobble. Dont take that little bit of fun out of it :P
Faqe [1

Përgjigju në këtë temë