Faqe [1
Forumi sondazh teme
Do you want longer duration before login time out kicks in?
Kyqu që të votosh ose për të parë rezultatet e sondazhit
Autori Temë: PM & Login Time Out 24 përgjigje
Jerome Manzon
(Grupi Amateur - 22)

Postime: 216
  Shteti:
Filipinet 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (0)   Mospelqe kete postim (0)
Postim i vjeter #1 Postuar 13 Dhjetor 2019, 18:35:41 (Së fundi edituar 13 Dhjetor 2019, 18:38:44 nga Jerome Manzon) Citim 
Have you ever experienced writing a very long private message, then just when you are about to send the message, the system suddenly asks you to log back in? In this case you have no choice but to go through it. But the sad thing is... the whole message can no longer be retrieved.

I know this is my mistake, crtl+a, crtl+x, crtl+v could have saved me but sometimes we are too focused on what we discuss so we tend to forget it.

Please explain if you said "No". Or at least provide a better solution. Thank you.
Scott Wood
(Grupi Pro - 8)

Postime: 237
  Shteti:
Angli 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (4)   Mospelqe kete postim (1)
Postim i vjeter #2 Postuar 13 Dhjetor 2019, 18:41:57 Citim 
try typing your messages faster... lol
Mehdi El Fathy
(Grupi Amateur - 62)

Postime: 5057
  Shteti:
Francë 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (1)   Mospelqe kete postim (0)
Postim i vjeter #3 Postuar 13 Dhjetor 2019, 18:44:23 Citim 
Quote ( Scott Wood @ December 13th 2019,18:41:57 )

Ok Gen X
Jerome Manzon
(Grupi Amateur - 22)

Shteti:
Filipinet 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #4 Postuar 13 Dhjetor 2019, 18:46:27 Citim 
Quote ( Scott Wood @ December 13th 2019,18:41:57 )

My message was about our languages in our country, and I was trying to explain it to a friend here in GPRO who lives in a different country, I tried to explain our official languages and ethnic dialects in a summary. But it is really hard to type fast while you are carefully explaining things.
Jasper Coosemans1
(Grupi Elite)

Postime: 3021
  Shteti:
Belgjikë 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #5 Postuar 13 Dhjetor 2019, 18:47:09 (Së fundi edituar 13 Dhjetor 2019, 18:48:12 nga Jasper Coosemans) Citim 
I thought the site saved the PM (or your forum post) in the POST data when it logged you out. So you logged back in and you were redirected back to the mail page with the message still there. Is this no longer the case? Or was it only forum messages, not PMs?

I think in the forum, this functionality may have been lost when the mentioning feature was introduced.
Jerome Manzon
(Grupi Amateur - 22)

Shteti:
Filipinet 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #6 Postuar 13 Dhjetor 2019, 18:49:18 (Së fundi edituar 13 Dhjetor 2019, 18:49:56 nga Jerome Manzon) Citim 
Quote ( Jasper Coosemans @ December 13th 2019,18:47:09 )

I thought the site saved the PM (or your forum post) in the POST data when it logged you out. So you logged back in and you were redirected back to the mail page with the message still there. Is this no longer the case?
No, it doesn't redirect you to the message you created.
Ahmet Sonverdi
(Grupi Elite)

Postime: 4807
  Shteti:
Turqi 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #7 Postuar 13 Dhjetor 2019, 18:50:00 (Së fundi edituar 13 Dhjetor 2019, 18:50:19 nga Ahmet Sonverdi) Citim 
Just check if it's been 30mins since your last interaction with the site. If it is more than 30mins, login from another tab then return to the first tab & send your PM.

I mean, next time.
Ania Piekarska
(Grupi Amateur - 4)

Postime: 713
  Shteti:
Poloni 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #8 Postuar 13 Dhjetor 2019, 18:50:55 (Së fundi edituar 13 Dhjetor 2019, 18:52:27 nga Ania Piekarska) Citim 
Quote ( Jerome Manzon @ December 13th 2019,18:35:41 )

Or at least provide a better solution.
If I type in the message but have to log in, the message is sent upon logging in (I just checked it by sending a message to myself).

Way 2 is to hit the "back" button in your browser once you see the login page, the browser should remember.

Way 3 is that if you know that you got logged out (as opposed to not noticing), you can log in with another tab of the same browser and then your message in the current tab will be sent.

edit because I'm slow in replying:
Quote ( Jerome Manzon @ December 13th 2019,18:49:18 )

I thought the site saved the PM (or your forum post) in the POST data when it logged you out. So you logged back in and you were redirected back to the mail page with the message still there. Is this no longer the case?
No, it doesn't redirect you to the message you created.
It doesn't redirect me to the message, but it sends my message. This may depend on browser though.
Harsh Sheth
(Grupi Master - 2)

Postime: 897
  Shteti:
Indi 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #9 Postuar 13 Dhjetor 2019, 18:51:42 (Së fundi edituar 13 Dhjetor 2019, 18:54:36 nga Harsh Sheth) Citim 
I've faced this before, and I've had to retype entire messages, hundreds of words long.

In fact it's one of the many ways in which I submit something on GPRO only to realise my session has ended. However, in all other cases IIRC, I can go back to the previous page and browser restores the page for me from its cache. Somehow that does not work for PMs, ironically, where recreating the information lost is most difficult and tedious.

I would like it if it somehow got solved, but longer time-outs most likely won't solve the issue. That's just moving the threshold a little bit, and I most likely will still continue to make this mistake, only slightly less often.
Jerome Manzon
(Grupi Amateur - 22)

Shteti:
Filipinet 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #10 Postuar 13 Dhjetor 2019, 18:53:12 Citim 
Quote ( Ahmet Sonverdi @ December 13th 2019,18:50:00 )

Just check if it's been 30mins since your last interaction with the site. If it is more than 30mins, login from another tab then return to the first tab & send your PM.

I mean, next time.
I'll just crtl+a, crtl+x, crtl+v... much easier but thanks
Jerome Manzon
(Grupi Amateur - 22)

Shteti:
Filipinet 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #11 Postuar 13 Dhjetor 2019, 18:57:17 (Së fundi edituar 13 Dhjetor 2019, 18:59:49 nga Jerome Manzon) Citim 
Quote ( Ania Piekarska @ December 13th 2019,18:50:55 )

If I type in the message but have to log in, the message is sent upon logging in (I just checked it by sending a message to myself).

Way 2 is to hit the "back" button in your browser once you see the login page, the browser should remember.

Way 3 is that if you know that you got logged out (as opposed to not noticing), you can log in with another tab of the same browser and then your message in the current tab will be sent.

edit because I'm slow in replying:

1. nothing showed up in my sent history though
2. if you will hit back, it won't show your written message. You will start again in blank page.
3. yeah this will work but crtl+a, crtl+x, crtl+v is much easier.

It is okay, thanks for helping us in solving the issue.
Harsh Sheth
(Grupi Master - 2)

Shteti:
Indi 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #12 Postuar 13 Dhjetor 2019, 19:02:42 (Së fundi edituar 13 Dhjetor 2019, 19:04:52 nga Harsh Sheth) Citim 
Hmm. I tested out Ania's first 2 methods again, on Chrome for both my phone and my PC, and they worked.

Yet I am 100% sure they did not when I tried sending a PM from my phone less than a week ago.

E:
Quote ( Jerome Manzon @ December 13th 2019,18:57:17 )

2. if you will hit back, it won't show your written message. You will start again in blank page.

That's not true, on my Chrome you get the entire message back, the only thing missing is the name of the recipient.
Ania Piekarska
(Grupi Amateur - 4)

Shteti:
Poloni 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #13 Postuar 13 Dhjetor 2019, 19:04:21 (Së fundi edituar 13 Dhjetor 2019, 19:05:36 nga Ania Piekarska) Citim 
Quote ( Jerome Manzon @ December 13th 2019,18:57:17 )

1. nothing showed in my sent history though
2. if you will hit back, it doesn't show your message.
These work for me, so maybe there is something you can set up that will make it work for you?

I just checked both chrome and firefox, so it's not a matter of browser. Some cookie setting maybe? I think I have those rather strict, so it's not like I'm allowing unusual cookie stuff.

Quote ( Harsh Sheth @ December 13th 2019,19:02:42 )

Hmm. I tested out Ania's first 2 methods again, on Chrome for both my phone and my PC, and they worked.

Yet I am 100% sure they did not when I tried sending a PM from my phone less than a week ago.
edit: I'm again slow, so it may be a browser issue after all, just not the two I checked.
Jerome Manzon
(Grupi Amateur - 22)

Shteti:
Filipinet 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #14 Postuar 13 Dhjetor 2019, 19:06:35 (Së fundi edituar 13 Dhjetor 2019, 19:08:15 nga Jerome Manzon) Citim 

Ok, we don't know what triggers this, it seems to work sometimes but not always.

Thanks for letting me know. I will be more careful next time just to be safe.
Ania Piekarska
(Grupi Amateur - 4)

Shteti:
Poloni 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (2)   Mospelqe kete postim (0)
Postim i vjeter #15 Postuar 13 Dhjetor 2019, 19:12:46 Citim 
I tried both methods again but on replying instead of creating a new message. The back button way didn't work, but logging in succeeded to send my message.
Mikko Heikkinen
(Grupi Pro - 13)

Postime: 12503
  Shteti:
Finlandë 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #16 Postuar 13 Dhjetor 2019, 19:21:34 (Së fundi edituar 13 Dhjetor 2019, 19:26:19 nga Mikko Heikkinen) Citim 
Quote ( Jerome Manzon @ December 13th 2019,18:35:41 )

Have you ever experienced writing a very long private message, then just when you are about to send the message, the system suddenly asks you to log back in? In this case you have no choice but to go through it. But the sad thing is... the whole message can no longer be retrieved.

Please explain if you said "No".

No. (well actually yes but that was a long time ago before there was an update/fix made)

More recently (maybe this whole year) when the logout happens, the simple action of logging back in also sends the message.

That said, some browsers may have updated in a way which could have an effect on this behavior, but at least in the browser I most commonly use it still works

Quote ( Ania Piekarska @ December 13th 2019,19:12:46 )

I tried both methods again but on replying instead of creating a new message. The back button way didn't work,

If you open gpro in another tab and login there, then you can do "back" in the message tab and it should show the message
Harsh Sheth
(Grupi Master - 2)

Shteti:
Indi 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #17 Postuar 13 Dhjetor 2019, 19:21:45 (Së fundi edituar 13 Dhjetor 2019, 19:22:43 nga Harsh Sheth) Citim 

I tried both methods again but on replying instead of creating a new message. The back button way didn't work, but logging in succeeded to send my message.

A-ha! That's just the thing. I was replying to someone. I also made the mistake of pressing back as soon as I saw I was logged out. It doesn't send the message if you login after pressing back, obviously!
Jerome Manzon
(Grupi Amateur - 22)

Shteti:
Filipinet 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #18 Postuar 13 Dhjetor 2019, 19:22:36 Citim 

Are you sure that login time out was reached before you tried both methods Ania? If that is the case then I don't know the reason why it works on you but not on mine.
Steve Branson
(Grupi Amateur - 48)

Postime: 107
  Shteti:
Kanadë 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #19 Postuar 13 Dhjetor 2019, 19:28:04 Citim 
The dang logout has burnt me a few times so I imitate that cool guy who said:

I don't compose long letters often, but when I do.....

I use notepad.
Diogo Abdalla
(Grupi Pro - 11)

Postime: 309
  Shteti:
Brazil 
Certifikuar: 
Pelqe kete postim (2)   Mospelqe kete postim (0)
Postim i vjeter #20 Postuar 13 Dhjetor 2019, 19:30:29 Citim 
I would love an option to just stay logged in
Ania Piekarska
(Grupi Amateur - 4)

Shteti:
Poloni 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #21 Postuar 13 Dhjetor 2019, 19:32:21 (Së fundi edituar 13 Dhjetor 2019, 19:32:59 nga Ania Piekarska) Citim 
Quote ( Jerome Manzon @ December 13th 2019,19:22:36 )

Are you sure that login time out was reached before you tried both methods Ania? If that is the case then I don't know the reason why it works on you but not on mine.
No. I'm actually sure it's not login timeout, because I do it in under a minute. But I log out with another tab to end the session. And then I'm sure I was logged out, because I'm prompted to log in instead of just sending. I hope these should behave the same.
Jerome Manzon
(Grupi Amateur - 22)

Shteti:
Filipinet 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #22 Postuar 13 Dhjetor 2019, 20:04:20 (Së fundi edituar 13 Dhjetor 2019, 20:04:55 nga Jerome Manzon) Citim 
Quote ( Ania Piekarska @ December 13th 2019,19:32:21 )

No. I'm actually sure it's not login timeout, because I do it in under a minute. But I log out with another tab to end the session. And then I'm sure I was logged out, because I'm prompted to log in instead of just sending. I hope these should behave the same.
No, who knows how they programmed things how to work, I think we need to test it via live login timeout Ania.
Daniel Douglas
(Grupi Pro - 21)

Postime: 3806
  Shteti:
Shtetet e Bashkuara 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #23 Postuar 13 Dhjetor 2019, 20:28:07 (Së fundi edituar 13 Dhjetor 2019, 20:29:55 nga Daniel Douglas) Citim 

I thought the site saved the PM (or your forum post) in the POST data when it logged you out. So you logged back in and you were redirected back to the mail page with the message still there. Is this no longer the case? Or was it only forum messages, not PMs?

I think in the forum, this functionality may have been lost when the mentioning feature was introduced.

Yep, both forum and pm was fixed to save your message in case of logout.

A few seasons back it was changed so that any logout ... provided you immediately logged back in from that same screen, would save your post data so that you didnt have to retype it.

That function is broken now :(
Ania Piekarska
(Grupi Amateur - 4)

Shteti:
Poloni 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #24 Postuar 13 Dhjetor 2019, 20:50:00 Citim 
Quote ( Jerome Manzon @ December 13th 2019,20:04:20 )

No, who knows how they programmed things how to work
Actually, I think quite a lot of people in this game are programmers and/or know how cookies and post data work. It's not black magic :) I am rather far from the web stuff, so I have only some basic knowledge in these topics, but I think that the only thing that matters for the login page to be triggered is whether there is an active cookie or not. And both logout and timeout do the same in this matter.
Lucas Lobico
(Grupi Amateur - 3)

Postime: 820
  Shteti:
Spanjë 
Certifikuar: 
Postim i vjeter #25 Postuar 13 Dhjetor 2019, 22:25:31 Citim 
In the past I faced too that situation, as my 'serious' MPs by then tended to be quite long, and also written in English. which took more time. I lost everything the first times I was 'timed out' after hitting 'send', until in one ocassion and by chance I realized that if you, immediately and without change page or anything, just logged again in the same screen, upon login the message was sent, and you didn't lose it. I confirmed it after then several times.

Anyways, it would be nice if some kind of event or similar, as 'on typing' in the message box, could be implemented so it could reset the timeout count if the user were connected and *active* (as he/she is, actually, writting).
Faqe [1

Përgjigju në këtë temë