Pagina « 1 2 3 ... 167 168 [169 Ga naar pagina:
Auteur Onderwerp: Vampire Mafia 5064 antwoorden
Gordon Ashford
(Groep Amateur - 40)

GPRO Medewerker
  Land:
Engeland 
Gecertificeerd: 
Vind dit een toffe post (0)   Houd niet van deze post (0)
Oud bericht #5040 geplaatst Okt 19 2010, 14:28:27 Quote 
Quote ( Mikko Salminen @ October 19th 2010,14:14:07 )

So you would have won the game as a third party Jekyll/Hyde, as a serial killer or as mafia? How did you want to win?

I would have won as the Jekyll/Hyde character as the game would have entered a day phase with no threats to town and me in my doc mode. Sort of as a survivor win I believe.

Would have taken the win in any way really, would have just been impressive given all the things that happened early on.

I also chose to kill my SK master after a couple of days as he kept sending me to do kills which could have got me in trouble, so I killed him so I could select my own targets.

I also had to fake claim to the mafia, leaving out the vital killing part of my role, and pretending that I could protect for two days each time, with the 2nd day having a 50% chance of failing. They bought that as well :p
Marcin Koziński
(Groep Retired)

Land:
Polen 
Gecertificeerd: 
Oud bericht #5041 geplaatst Okt 19 2010, 15:13:28 Quote 
Oh, so I wasn't that rubbish then with correct read on Jan Z and Daryl in the endgame :) I blame mechanics and Alex not even trying to talk to me, then. I seriously considered myself totally useless and giving up my mafia career. Now, however.. ;)

I agree with Mikko. I hate late-game recruitment (exactly as was the case in nuthouse), especially if it is not known that it could happen. On the other hand it's always a risk for mafia to wait too long with the recruitment, so it's only their skill/luck that they managed to have it so late.

Anyway, great thank you Toby for this game. Really perfectly planned and brilliantly managed. It was a great feeling to play it again. If only this things didn't take this much time...

How about making a "lurker's mafia", when there is a limit on how much a player can post in 24 hours? Just to limit spam, make people think what they are writing and make it easier to read when you only have so much time each day.
Mikko Salminen
(Groep Retired)

Land:
Finland 
Gecertificeerd: 
Oud bericht #5042 geplaatst Okt 19 2010, 15:23:10 Quote 
Quote ( Marcin Koziński @ October 19th 2010,15:13:28 )

Oh, so I wasn't that rubbish then with correct read on Jan Z and Daryl in the endgame :) I blame mechanics and Alex not even trying to talk to me, then. I seriously considered myself totally useless and giving up my mafia career. Now, however.. ;)

I think you were the best town player. You were constantly making good points and had some great observations throughout the game (like pointing out that Jan was asking others opinions before voting for mayor and making a good case against Daryl in last game day).
Toby Acton
(Groep Pro - 14)

bericht mod
  Land:
Engeland 
Gecertificeerd: 
Oud bericht #5043 geplaatst Okt 19 2010, 15:26:31 Quote 
Quote ( Mikko Salminen @ October 19th 2010,15:23:10 )

making a good case against Daryl in last game day

I agree - it was a very good case and it was spot on the money

And it nearly didn't happen did it Marcin? :-)
Marcin Koziński
(Groep Retired)

Land:
Polen 
Gecertificeerd: 
Oud bericht #5044 geplaatst Okt 19 2010, 17:00:39 Quote 
Quote ( Toby Acton @ October 19th 2010,15:26:31 )

making a good case against Daryl in last game day

I agree - it was a very good case and it was spot on the money

And it nearly didn't happen did it Marcin? :-)

Thanks guys :)

I wish I could persuade Alex and he read the result from the book again before it was too late. Still, I had Gordon marked as Town still. Despite his manipulations with investigation result.

I think you were the best town player.

Very big words, Mikko, and a very big thank you. I wouldn't agree with you though, but it's nice to hear it from you, I think you played a great game again.

I am just happy that I didn't miss at least Jan Z's investigation. It's a shame that it was so complicated and got me into trouble.
Jos Roestenberg
(Groep Pro - 14)

Land:
Nederland 
Gecertificeerd: 
Oud bericht #5045 geplaatst Okt 19 2010, 17:12:59 Quote 
Quote ( Marcin Koziński @ October 19th 2010,15:13:28 )

I blame mechanics and Alex not even trying to talk to me, then. I seriously considered myself totally useless and giving up my mafia career. Now, however.. ;)

Pity you gave up, although I was not convinced you was town, we could have lynched Daryl.

And I wonder what this waterproof plan of Alex was anyway.
Michael Winkley
(Groep Amateur - 55)

Land:
Wales 
Gecertificeerd: 
Oud bericht #5046 geplaatst Okt 19 2010, 17:15:19 Quote 
Quote ( Jos Roestenberg @ October 19th 2010,17:12:59 )

And I wonder what this waterproof plan of Alex was anyway.

It mad little difference to be honest, because if he didn't lock up the surviving vampire then he would have been the one that was NK'd, resulting in 2 players down, so 1 v 1 and a vampire victory.
John Winchester
(Groep Amateur - 10)

Land:
Engeland 
Gecertificeerd: 
Oud bericht #5047 geplaatst Okt 19 2010, 17:59:45 Quote 
Quote ( Toby Acton @ October 19th 2010,10:49:59 )

(BTW did anyone like my "motivator" role? It was something I had not seen before in any games anywhere)

think it was a good role, just badly played by me. had a lot more potential!
Daryl Gee
(Groep Pro - 10)

Land:
Zuid-Afrika 
Gecertificeerd: 
Oud bericht #5048 geplaatst Okt 19 2010, 18:36:11 Quote 
Quote ( John Winchester @ October 19th 2010,17:59:45 )

think it was a good role, just badly played by me. had a lot more potential!

Your biggest problem was that we'd worked out who you were, so when you motivated me we had no choice but to kill you.
Gordon Ashford
(Groep Amateur - 40)

GPRO Medewerker
  Land:
Engeland 
Gecertificeerd: 
Oud bericht #5049 geplaatst Okt 19 2010, 18:37:36 Quote 
Quote ( Daryl Gee @ October 19th 2010,18:36:11 )

Your biggest problem was that we'd worked out who you were

How did you know that.

As a mason we worked it out from who had visited John I on night 1 when he was killed, so when John I said he was motivated, we went to recruit him, in order to get double recruitment one night )
Jan Zaluski
(Groep Elite)

Land:
Polen 
Gecertificeerd: 
Oud bericht #5050 geplaatst Okt 19 2010, 18:40:41 Quote 
Quote ( Gordon Ashford @ October 19th 2010,18:37:36 )

How did you know that.

I watched Rizzo's house on N3. :) And John W was the only one visiting. (couldn't see Hookee, as he was not visiting the house, only tracked for afar).

Had Frank shut up about his boost, we probably wouldn't know. :D
André Oliveira
(Groep Amateur - 38)

Land:
Brazilië 
Gecertificeerd: 
Oud bericht #5051 geplaatst Okt 19 2010, 18:50:23 Quote 
We (the masons) were also a bit unlucky with our recruitments. We tried recruiting John W., and he died in that same night, we also tried getting Frank, and he also died when we tried getting him. Besides, there was no recruitment on night 1. If the masons could have grwwn enough in the mid game, things might have been different. However, with mafia and TP's being able to infiltrate, it might have just ended up in the same way, or even earlier.
Sarah Dockwray
(Groep Pro - 16)

Land:
Engeland 
Gecertificeerd: 
Oud bericht #5052 geplaatst Okt 19 2010, 19:00:15 Quote 
Quote ( Toby Acton @ October 18th 2010,19:31:00 )

A special thanks to Sarah who stepped in as a replacement as a favour to me

Thanks for the nightmares Toby!!! :P ... I think its fair to say that was my first and last appearance on one of these games. what a terrifying experience when you have no idea whats going on! lol
John Winchester
(Groep Amateur - 10)

Land:
Engeland 
Gecertificeerd: 
Oud bericht #5053 geplaatst Okt 19 2010, 19:16:29 Quote 
i wanted to claim so i could reveal i had visited Daryl. but i seriously didn't know who to visit as i wasn't told i could only visit everyone once, i had already visited John I (night 1) and Frank (night 3) i focused on John I again but then was told i couldn't. so i just went for Daryl based on John's result on him...
if i didn't have to get votes to claim i would've claimed instead of acting scummy and making random assumptions, i did that on purpose, i don't mean to play that bad lol
Tero Tidenberg
(Groep Rookie - 101)

Land:
Finland 
Gecertificeerd: 
Oud bericht #5054 geplaatst Okt 19 2010, 19:18:14 Quote 
Quote ( Sarah Dockwray @ October 19th 2010,19:00:15 )

Thanks for the nightmares Toby!!! :P ... I think its fair to say that was my first and last appearance on one of these games. what a terrifying experience when you have no idea whats going on! lol

It was even quite calm game :D Things can get rough sometimes but this game was almost civilized.

You did well I think.
André Oliveira
(Groep Amateur - 38)

Land:
Brazilië 
Gecertificeerd: 
Oud bericht #5055 geplaatst Okt 19 2010, 19:28:33 Quote 

You should consider playing a C9 one day. It's a lot less confusing, and you might enjoy it :)
John Ibbotson
(Groep Pro - 12)

Land:
Engeland 
Gecertificeerd: 
Oud bericht #5056 geplaatst Okt 19 2010, 22:40:53 Quote 
Quote ( Gordon Ashford @ October 19th 2010,11:13:28 )

For the record, I actually believed that John I had been turned, right up until the point I was, and even though he had just cleared me, I still felt he was the best lynch for that day, having set him up a little extra with the kill on Sarah.

You mean I was the best lynch as you had been turned and knew I was still town.

I think if you were still town you would have investigated me and got confirmation of my alignment rather than lynching a cop. Town (including me) should have been pressurising Daryl on Day 8 - he hadn't claimed, was posting infrequently (due to the restriction I guess) and contributing little to the scum hunt. I think if you were still town on Day 8, you would have put a fair bit of pressure on him to claim rather than (or as well as) going after me.
Gordon Ashford
(Groep Amateur - 40)

GPRO Medewerker
  Land:
Engeland 
Gecertificeerd: 
Oud bericht #5057 geplaatst Okt 19 2010, 22:43:01 Quote 
Quote ( John Ibbotson @ October 19th 2010,22:40:53 )

You mean I was the best lynch as you had been turned and knew I was still town.

Yes, exactly :)

When I was town, I was concerned you may have been turned, everything just seemed a little too convenient from you, and it felt wrong somehow.

After I was turned it was a case of getting people lynched, and you had sort of become an easy target for me, given I had already been attacking you.
John Ibbotson
(Groep Pro - 12)

Land:
Engeland 
Gecertificeerd: 
Oud bericht #5058 geplaatst Okt 19 2010, 22:45:38 (laatst aangepast Okt 19 2010, 22:47:25 door John Ibbotson) Quote 

You picked up a good point when Jan Z seemed to be encouraging Hakan (and Alex I think) to continue revealing their town information during a bizarre early hours of the morning exchange (looked like Hakan had been on the battery acid or something).

I was surprised when Jan Z flipped town (though we now know he had been turned). Having said that, I was surprised that Jan Z as a baddie went to such lengths to come up with the Cult theory - did you actually believe that was a possibility Jan?
Jan Zaluski
(Groep Elite)

Land:
Polen 
Gecertificeerd: 
Oud bericht #5059 geplaatst Okt 19 2010, 23:11:28 Quote 
Quote ( John Ibbotson @ October 19th 2010,22:45:38 )

did you actually believe that was a possibility Jan?

Well, it was that day when we aquired our night-recruiting action and since only Daryl could do it, the main objective for the day was to avoid Daryl getting too much attention. And maybe I got a little overboard with that. :)

But yeah, I noticed the inconsistency in your claim (it was a fact, no twisting there from me) the day before, noticed you wanted to be hijacked, but didn't want to touch the subject then, wanted to wait and see if the jailkeeper really does. Added the wierd playing from Alex and Hakan that day, it all had some credibility to me, that you three could be connected somehow. And there was a lot to gain if we lynched Alex that day and you'd die with him. So kinda win-win for Vamps anyway. :)

And I would have gotten away with it, if it wasn't those pesky kids Marcin. :D

I was surprised that Jan Z as a baddie went to such lengths to come up with the Cult theory

Is it unusual for scum to go culthunting, or to do it with so much zeal? :) If I was town, I'd play it exactly like that, so I felt it is the right thing to do anyhow.

You picked up a good point when Jan Z seemed to be encouraging Hakan (and Alex I think) to continue revealing their town information

Because they started to talk like they were game-buddies. That's what I found interesting. I did not want their town info, they gave it all by themselfs anyhow.
Marcin Koziński
(Groep Retired)

Land:
Polen 
Gecertificeerd: 
Oud bericht #5060 geplaatst Okt 20 2010, 11:11:22 Quote 

(BTW did anyone like my "motivator" role? It was something I had not seen before in any games anywhere)

I think it's very nice. Especially with the twist of doubling scum abilities, as well. I liked it very much.
Jouni Tolvanen
(Groep Retired)

Land:
Finland 
Gecertificeerd: 
Oud bericht #5061 geplaatst Okt 20 2010, 11:30:22 Quote 
Quote ( Marcin Koziński @ October 20th 2010,11:11:22 )

I think it's very nice. Especially with the twist of doubling scum abilities, as well. I liked it very much.

Agreed - it worked here nicely, good addition. But if it's used in a game with plenty of vanilla roles, it needs some tweaking. It may soon develop more useful for the scum than the town --> with vanillas there's no effect, but the scum practically always get double abilities.
Joe Jenner-Murphy
(Groep Rookie - 115)

Land:
Ierland 
Gecertificeerd: 
Oud bericht #5062 geplaatst Okt 21 2010, 00:32:52 Quote 
Quote ( Frank Rizzo @ October 19th 2010,00:04:30 )

I say the MVP for the mafia was Joe becuase if he didnt just up and stop playing the game there is no possible way that he would not have won the game alone as third party from my vantage point. I think he was 2 people away from winning after Brian got killed.

Would have won the game if Marcin had been lynched that day I think :) Shame I lost internet access, but Toby is right, it wouldn't have been a fair win after I missed almost 2 entire game days. Quick lynch of Laila didn't help but still.
Brian Branch
(Groep Pro - 3)

Land:
Australië 
Gecertificeerd: 
Oud bericht #5063 geplaatst Okt 21 2010, 12:57:12 Quote 
Quote ( Joe Jenner-Murphy @ October 21st 2010,00:32:52 )

Quote ( Frank Rizzo @ October 19th 2010,00:04:30 )
I say the MVP for the mafia was Joe becuase if he didnt just up and stop playing the game there is no possible way that he would not have won the game alone as third party from my vantage point. I think he was 2 people away from winning after Brian got killed.

Would have won the game if Marcin had been lynched that day I think :) Shame I lost internet access, but Toby is right, it wouldn't have been a fair win after I missed almost 2 entire game days. Quick lynch of Laila didn't help but still.

Your role was a guaranteed winner as long as you didn't get lynched.

I personally mightn't play another mafia game, but if I do I know how not to play.

BTW : I really don't understand why Daryl didn't get lynched on the last day. Seriously, it was spelled out for them.

#5058 posted Oct 19th 2010, 22:45:38 (last edited Oct 19th 2010, 22:47:25 by John Ibbotson)

Can there be a penalty for editing his post?
Toby Acton
(Groep Pro - 14)

bericht mod
  Land:
Engeland 
Gecertificeerd: 
Oud bericht #5064 geplaatst Okt 21 2010, 14:31:11 Quote 
Quote ( Brian Branch @ October 21st 2010,12:57:12 )

Your role was a guaranteed winner as long as you didn't get lynched.

Or night killed
Or day killed
Or the Town Decorator got himself lynched, or night killed, or day killed or even modkilled

A situation could have arisen where the hypnotist and the decorator were trading blows, painting and unpainting the same ceilings over and over - including yours of course
Pagina « 1 2 3 ... 167 168 [169 Ga naar pagina:

Antwoord op dit bericht