Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Forum games > A General Silly Games Thread Voeg dit onderwerp toe aan je negeerlijst Voeg dit onderwerp toe aan je volglijst
Pagina « 1 2 3 ... 38 39 [40 Ga naar pagina:
Auteur Onderwerp: A General Silly Games Thread 1192 antwoorden
Stuart Foster
(Groep Pro - 16)

Land:
Engeland 
Gecertificeerd: 
Vind dit een toffe post (0)   Houd niet van deze post (0)
Oud bericht #1171 geplaatst Dec 17 2023, 15:59:40 Quote 
Quote ( Onur Guardian @ December 16th 2023,03:27:16 )

i didnt get what is the relation of my post and this :) you are a strange man.
George said you were hosting this. I guess it was something else. Unless he just meant something similar.
Onur Guardian
(Groep Rookie - 34)

Land:
Turkije 
Gecertificeerd: 
Oud bericht #1172 geplaatst Dec 17 2023, 16:54:21 Quote 
Quote ( Stuart Foster @ December 17th 2023,15:59:40 )

George said you were hosting this. I guess it was something else. Unless he just meant something similar.

:) ahh its clear now.
Stuart Foster
(Groep Pro - 16)

Land:
Engeland 
Gecertificeerd: 
Oud bericht #1173 geplaatst Dec 17 2023, 18:32:42 Quote 
I only asked here since I had some plans for hosting this board game, but would hold back with it in mind that you were already. Or if it was too similar to this. So, that was why.
Onur Guardian
(Groep Rookie - 34)

Land:
Turkije 
Gecertificeerd: 
Oud bericht #1174 geplaatst Dec 17 2023, 20:53:27 Quote 
Quote ( Stuart Foster @ December 17th 2023,18:32:42 )

I only asked here since I had some plans for hosting this board game, but would hold back with it in mind that you were already. Or if it was too similar to this. So, that was why.

I have no idea what is that board game about but mine will be on discord its too complex to run on forum.
Ricardo Antunes
(Groep Rookie - 97)

Land:
Portugal 
Gecertificeerd: 
Vind dit een toffe post (1)   Houd niet van deze post (0)
Oud bericht #1175 geplaatst Dec 20 2023, 22:27:04 Quote 
Hello everyone :D

I've come to you with some thoughts for a project I thought about a few days ago and wanted to get your thoughts.

I wanted to make something that could bring everyone together in a silly game, even people who do not play silly games. The goal would be to host a game where a lot of people are playing. To help in this, this project / game will have a considerable prize pool so that people are encouraged to join.

Basically my idea is to create a silly game that is a medley of other silly games. This is a bit similar to what the FGC does but it has a few differences:

1. Anyone can join, and it's a single silly game.
2. This silly game will have several rounds each playing a different minigame based on a different silly game (I'm divided between making it a week or a round, more on this below)
3. This game will have a prize pool

There are some challenges to this. For example, selecting silly games to insert in this Megamix is a challenge. Games that can be played in a single round (or 2 rounds max) need to be selected and adapted towards that. There are games that work very well with this, others not so much.

I am posting here to ask you about your thoughts about this project (which will take a long time to realize) and also suggestions to make this appealable particularly for people who don't play silly games

And yes this is a giant task and when I have a much clearer vision in mind I will ask people to help me host this because I certainly can't do this alone (not asking now because this is not a sure thing + will take a LONG time to make sure everything is ok).

Some questions I have are:

1. In terms of deadlines, would keeping the Tuesday / Friday deadlines be good for a casual silly gamer? Would people be discouraged by the pace of the game?

2. In terms of the prize pool, should I have one huge prize at the end of the season or several prizes split across the season and a big (but lesser big) prize at the end of the season for the overall champion? How do I mantain people interested?

3. Playing games in just a round or 2 will create a lot of draws. My idea was to give points based on achieved objectives, so it's not necessarily about being 1st or 2nd, rather doing a certain thing or indeed finishing between 1st and 5th, for example. Do you think this is a good idea?

4. What's a way of keeping this simple enough and appealable for the potential new players?

5. How do I reach out to everyone, including those that might have blocked the silly game forums but that could be interested in joining this event with a big enough prize pool?

All questions I have and would like some support (to emphasise more: I am NOT currently looking for co-hosts. This is in a very initial phase).

Discuss!
Richard Robin Paukson
(Groep Pro - 12)

Land:
Estland 
Gecertificeerd: 
Oud bericht #1176 geplaatst Dec 21 2023, 09:10:08 Quote 
For games that would normally require multiple rounds/submissions, they could be adapted such that people make multiple "submissions" in one message. Another option might be having some games overlap although that adds confusion and complexity, which can scare some people off.

I think the most difficult part for some players will be complexity - people don't want to read 10 pages of rules so the involved games should mostly be simple.

With regards to scoring, there could be different systems for different games or just awarding X amount of points for finishing in a certain position in a game. This could be based on the amount of "effort" each game would take or be the same for all games.

For me, Tuesday/Friday deadlines are no problem. However, due to the added chance of confusion/delays/disputes and to give people more time to get acquainted with the rules, it might be best to go for a weekly deadline.

I think that to keep people more interested, some of the prize pool should be distriuted for performing well in a certain game or collection of games. As with all big games with high player counts, it's important to keep everyone engaged and giving them something to play for.

As for reaching out to everyone - the only thing I can think of is asking Vladmin/a forum mod if it would be OK to make a post in the general forum.

Would this game be a one-off thing or would you like it to be a recurring thing?
Liviu Sandu
(Groep Amateur - 38)

Land:
Roemenië 
Gecertificeerd: 
Oud bericht #1177 geplaatst Dec 21 2023, 14:39:16 Quote 
Sorry, but is this a different world championship? I prefer Jon's version.
Ricardo Antunes
(Groep Rookie - 97)

Land:
Portugal 
Gecertificeerd: 
Oud bericht #1178 geplaatst Dec 21 2023, 17:50:23 Quote 
Quote ( Richard Robin Paukson @ December 21st 2023,09:10:08 )

For games that would normally require multiple rounds/submissions, they could be adapted such that people make multiple "submissions" in one message. Another option might be having some games overlap although that adds confusion and complexity, which can scare some people off.

My idea was that we only play 1 round of each game, and not an entire season.

Giving an example, if the game we're playing in a given round is F1FG, we only have 1 race or 1 day of 3 races instead of an entire season. A very mini version of the game.

I think the most difficult part for some players will be complexity - people don't want to read 10 pages of rules so the involved games should mostly be simple.

Agreed. When presenting the game we are playing in a given round I would give a very summarized version of the rules with everything you have to do in there. I'd also simplify the rules where possible (for example, no false starts or anything like that, just valid starts by me, also in this 1-round things like races cannot start at the same hour as a previous race are rules that are not important)

With regards to scoring, there could be different systems for different games or just awarding X amount of points for finishing in a certain position in a game. This could be based on the amount of "effort" each game would take or be the same for all games.

I plan on giving the same weight for every game since it's a 1-round thing (and yes certain games can cost more time than others but it's still just 1 round).

Going back to the F1FG example, my current vision gives out points such as:

5 - Be in the podium
3 - Score Points
1 - Participate in every race

For me, Tuesday/Friday deadlines are no problem. However, due to the added chance of confusion/delays/disputes and to give people more time to get acquainted with the rules, it might be best to go for a weekly deadline.

I had a few scenarios in my head:

1. One game per week, 2 rounds
2. Two games per week, 1 round
3. One game per week, 1 round

1. Makes it a bit easier to adapt the game
2. Is the fasest version of the game
3. Is probably the most easy-going in terms of pace.

The problem is that if I want to include 10 games then that's 10 weeks potentially which is basicly 2 months. That might be too long.

I think that to keep people more interested, some of the prize pool should be distriuted for performing well in a certain game or collection of games. As with all big games with high player counts, it's important to keep everyone engaged and giving them something to play for.

I had a thought during today which is to basicly include a small prize that you are eligible for each time you participate in a round, and a bigger prize for winning the whole thing. I can't have too many prizes though, I'm not made out money :P

As for reaching out to everyone - the only thing I can think of is asking Vladmin/a forum mod if it would be OK to make a post in the general forum.

Would this game be a one-off thing or would you like it to be a recurring thing?

I thought the same thing but I don't in I'd have much success :P

One-off thing, at most to be repeated anually if it is successful in its objective

Quote ( Liviu Sandu @ December 21st 2023,14:39:16 )

Sorry, but is this a different world championship? I prefer Jon's version.

Not really, it's a silly game in which every round is a different silly game :P

There is no criteria or qualification process to participate, which is the point as the goal is to attract people who usually don't play silly games!

Just a silly game like any other
Jonathan Beagles
(Groep Amateur - 33)

Land:
Engeland 
Gecertificeerd: 
Oud bericht #1179 geplaatst Dec 23 2023, 13:27:19 Quote 
Quote ( Ricardo Antunes @ December 20th 2023,22:27:04 )

1. Anyone can join, and it's a single silly game.
2. This silly game will have several rounds each playing a different minigame based on a different silly game (I'm divided between making it a week or a round, more on this below)
3. This game will have a prize pool

Sounds cool - great idea. Although my one criticism is detailed in my answer to Point 4...

Quote ( Ricardo Antunes @ December 20th 2023,22:27:04 )

1. In terms of deadlines, would keeping the Tuesday / Friday deadlines be good for a casual silly gamer? Would people be discouraged by the pace of the game?

Yep I reckon Tuesday/Friday will work well IF you are able to update the results religiously during each race...otherwise non-Forum Gamers may only log-in once per race to do their qualis (and then hopefully this) so once per week is better otherwise.

2. In terms of the prize pool, should I have one huge prize at the end of the season or several prizes split across the season and a big (but lesser big) prize at the end of the season for the overall champion? How do I mantain people interested?

Several prizes throughout is a good shout I reckon. I'm happy to contribute towards said prize pool btw once it's up and running.

3. Playing games in just a round or 2 will create a lot of draws. My idea was to give points based on achieved objectives, so it's not necessarily about being 1st or 2nd, rather doing a certain thing or indeed finishing between 1st and 5th, for example. Do you think this is a good idea?

Yep sounds like a good idea.

4. What's a way of keeping this simple enough and appealable for the potential new players?

Think about what non-Forum Game people play GPRO for...there are usually 2 types of people; one type enjoys strategy and management games, the other type enjoys motorsports. The former type won't love a simple game as much (presumably), so I would concentrate on the latter. So can you find a way to link this to motorsports? i.e. the mini-games you do determine your position in a race perhaps?

5. How do I reach out to everyone, including those that might have blocked the silly game forums but that could be interested in joining this event with a big enough prize pool?

Tricky one - an announcement would be good, to get this out to people as a new concept, but depends what Vladimin is willing to do for you. Failing that, a new topic in the General Forum perhaps, which advertises the Forum Games section of the forum...might be a friendly mod could be willing to support with that and set something up that is a pinned topic and really restricted, so it looks more official?

Bálint Turi-Kováts
(Groep Rookie - 25)

Land:
Hongarije 
Gecertificeerd: 
Oud bericht #1180 geplaatst Dec 25 2023, 11:52:37 Quote 
GPRO Sports return with two new events in the new year:

Rugby Sevens: select seven managers from your country to do well in a GPRO Race - you're looking for managers who improve their qualifying position, and/or finish on the podium.
Hosted by myself at: /gb/forum/ViewTopic.asp?TopicId=28631&PostId=5054245#post5054245

Marathon: a simple resource management game about conserving your energy over 42 kilometres.
Hosted by Ric at: /gb/forum/ViewTopic.asp?TopicId=31401&PostId=5054244#post5054244

On a personal note, I'm hoping to come back to FGen in the near future but not in the next few days, there's a lot to update and fix before the return. At the same time, I don't believe I can return to Diceball any time soon, maybe if I have more time in the spring.
Jonathan Beagles
(Groep Amateur - 33)

Land:
Engeland 
Gecertificeerd: 
Vind dit een toffe post (10)   Houd niet van deze post (0)
Oud bericht #1181 geplaatst Dec 25 2023, 12:57:08 Quote 
Just a heads up on my current situation - my wife and I have been going through the adoption process and we have been matched with a baby boy, who will be moving in with us in January! :)

As such, my plan is to finish the Outbraking season and the current Football World season - with F1R starting up again in around March next year (depending how quickly Jukka finishes the website updates) - and then for a while likely only have F1R running, while my wife and I get to grips with having a baby in the house! :)

So future COMBAT, Football World, Tower Attack etc. games are likely to be mid-late 2024 at the earliest, if not 2025 even.
Keith Partridge
(Groep Amateur - 12)

Land:
Wales 
Gecertificeerd: 
Oud bericht #1182 geplaatst Dec 27 2023, 10:23:32 Quote 
As we approach the New Year, it is a perfect time for those among you who think they know about football to prove it by signing up to the 2024 edition of Month of Football

/gb/forum/ViewTopic.asp?TopicId=31676#scroll

You don't have to sign up for the whole year as only the best 6 months count so you can build up a comfortable lead and retire in June

And even if you know nothing about football ( or soccer if you prefer) it is a simple game... you just predict Home Away or Draw... nothing complex and by the law of averages you will be right 33% of the time!!!!

Onur Guardian
(Groep Rookie - 34)

Land:
Turkije 
Gecertificeerd: 
Oud bericht #1183 geplaatst Dec 27 2023, 10:53:30 Quote 
Quote ( Jonathan Beagles @ December 25th 2023,12:57:08 )

my wife and I have been going through the adoption process and we have been matched with a baby boy, who will be moving in with us in January

thats very nice @Jonathan Beagles (A33) hope you live together in peace.
Stuart Foster
(Groep Pro - 16)

Land:
Engeland 
Gecertificeerd: 
Oud bericht #1184 geplaatst Dec 27 2023, 13:28:38 Quote 
best of luck with everything @Jonathan Beagles (A33). Saw your FB post, you'll both make amazing parents for sure, though I don't envy your future sleepless nights :)
Jonathan Beagles
(Groep Amateur - 33)

Land:
Engeland 
Gecertificeerd: 
Oud bericht #1185 geplaatst Dec 27 2023, 16:55:21 Quote 
Haha thanks gents :)
Stuart Foster
(Groep Pro - 16)

Land:
Engeland 
Gecertificeerd: 
Oud bericht #1186 geplaatst Dec 30 2023, 14:59:19 Quote 
Grand Prix

A game fusing SRS and some GPRO strategy. Taking a simple formula and making it both easy to play and strategic.

12 spots are left to be filled!

join here > /gb/forum/ViewTopic.asp?TopicId=31682#scroll
Stuart Foster
(Groep Pro - 16)

Land:
Engeland 
Gecertificeerd: 
Oud bericht #1187 geplaatst Jan 7 2024, 10:03:01 Quote 
Fans of Single Resource Strategy

You should join this : capacitor://localhost/forum/topic/31682#scroll

Or if that link didn’t work, see above post since I copy and pasted that link in the app.. seems the app doesn’t even like copying links :(
Jonathan Beagles
(Groep Amateur - 33)

Land:
Engeland 
Gecertificeerd: 
Oud bericht #1188 geplaatst Feb 6 2024, 00:54:38 (laatst aangepast Feb 6 2024, 00:54:50 door Jonathan Beagles) Quote 
Motorsport Team Manager (MTM) – Season 2 is open for ##Joining!!!

Will you become the next Ferrari, McLaren or Williams? Can you select and nurture the best driver talent to move up through the ranks? With series as varied as Formula 1, Indycar, Formula E, NASCAR and DTM to aim for, how will you conquer the world of motorsports…?!?

With everyone getting their own Google Sheet this season, each race will only take a few minutes to set up each week - and can be done at any time that suits you!

Basic Gameplay

At the start of each season, you use your budget to enter drivers into whichever series you can afford (for new players initially just the Formula 4 level of motorsport, you then decide how to split up your available points between each driver and race event (using your own Google Sheet), with the aim of achieving the best average position across all series. Finally, you have a set of Jokers you can play to help your own drivers and hinder your opponents! Timing which joker to play when will be crucial to your success!

If you're interested in taking part - post ##Join and your Team Name (10 characters or less, can't be an existing Team Name) here:

/gb/forum/ViewTopic.asp?TopicId=31766
Mairo Toom
(Groep Amateur - 15)

Land:
Estland 
Gecertificeerd: 
Oud bericht #1189 geplaatst Feb 8 2024, 14:36:24 Quote 
Formula 1 One Big Race is back with season 2
/gb/forum/ViewTopic.asp?TopicId=31777

But on a same time I got an idea but not sure how to execute it and would there be market for it... An F1 game where you have to pick a driver every race - can pick everyone only once - but after every race the worst pick or picks will be eliminated. Last Man Standing comp pretty much.

Or maybe it is that simple and I just don't know how to word the game :D
Jonathan Beagles
(Groep Amateur - 33)

Land:
Engeland 
Gecertificeerd: 
Oud bericht #1190 geplaatst Feb 8 2024, 17:06:37 Quote 
Sounds like a cool game :)
Mairo Toom
(Groep Amateur - 15)

Land:
Estland 
Gecertificeerd: 
Oud bericht #1191 geplaatst Feb 16 2024, 10:02:43 Quote 
Lets give it a try then - /gb/forum/ViewTopic.asp?TopicId=31785

Keith Partridge
(Groep Amateur - 12)

Land:
Wales 
Gecertificeerd: 
Oud bericht #1192 geplaatst Feb 21 2024, 23:45:58 Quote 
If you are entering the F1 Fantasy League then we have a GPRO league

Thread here

/gb/forum/ViewTopic.asp?TopicId=28579#scroll

League here

https://fantasy.formula1.com/en/leagues/join/C8MAWYNEE07

Come and join us......!!

Ibrahim Akhtar
(Groep Rookie - 86)

Land:
Engeland 
Gecertificeerd: 
Oud bericht #1193 geplaatst Maa 4 2024, 22:16:17 Quote 
The first season of The Random Football Prediction Game is here! Come and join now! /gb/forum/ViewTopic.asp?TopicId=31803#scroll
Pagina « 1 2 3 ... 38 39 [40 Ga naar pagina:
Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Forum games > A General Silly Games Thread Voeg dit onderwerp toe aan je negeerlijst Voeg dit onderwerp toe aan je volglijst

Antwoord op dit bericht