Pagina [12 » Ga naar pagina:
Auteur Onderwerp: Points System 44 antwoorden
Jack Giordmaina
(Groep Rookie - 163)

Land:
Engeland 
Gecertificeerd: 
Vind dit een toffe post (1)   Houd niet van deze post (11)
Oud bericht #1 geplaatst Feb 9 2016, 12:57:58 Quote 
Hi. Forgive me if this has been mentioned before.

I know this game has been going on for a while, but the F1 points system changed in 2010.

The point system only goes up to the top eight, but some races have 30+ competitors. So surely more points should become available.

The Moto Gp system could work quite well as it goes down to 15.

It may be hard to implement, but especially in the amateur, Pro groups it becomes harder to score points.
Mairo Toom
(Groep Pro - 14)

Land:
Estland 
Gecertificeerd: 
Vind dit een toffe post (3)   Houd niet van deze post (0)
Oud bericht #2 geplaatst Feb 9 2016, 12:59:33 Quote 
/gb/forum/ViewTopic.asp?TopicId=13180

I would say that this is the best topic to carry on with the conversation if one wants to.
Mike Jobson
(Groep Amateur - 93)

Land:
Engeland 
Gecertificeerd: 
Vind dit een toffe post (2)   Houd niet van deze post (2)
Oud bericht #3 geplaatst Feb 9 2016, 13:01:07 Quote 
I'm sure this has been brought up before and it's been said before , This is not F1.

I don't see the point of a change just for the sake of change , Gpro isn't trying to emulate F1 or any other motorsport so the scoring should stay different :)
Jack Giordmaina
(Groep Rookie - 163)

Land:
Engeland 
Gecertificeerd: 
Vind dit een toffe post (3)   Houd niet van deze post (1)
Oud bericht #4 geplaatst Feb 9 2016, 13:03:16 Quote 
I see, what you're saying, but the should GPRO come up with its own points scoring system then.

I just think a race with 30+ competitors or even 20+. The top eight is not fair.
Mairo Toom
(Groep Pro - 14)

Land:
Estland 
Gecertificeerd: 
Vind dit een toffe post (5)   Houd niet van deze post (1)
Oud bericht #5 geplaatst Feb 9 2016, 13:05:04 (laatst aangepast Feb 9 2016, 13:12:58 door Mairo Toom) Quote 
Quote ( Jack Giordmaina @ February 9th 2016,13:03:16 )

I see, what you're saying, but the should GPRO come up with its own points scoring system then.

I just think a race with 30+ competitors or even 20+. The top eight is not fair.

Everything that isn't decided with points is decided with average position and what it actually tells us ? The current point system is very fair and it's not always needed to score points at all.

Edit.
Quote ( Willem Van Mierlo @ February 9th 2016,13:11:43 )

Quote ( Mairo Toom @ February 9th 2016,13:05:04 )

Everything that isn't decided with points is decided with highest scored position
fixed

Yeah, my bad...
Fredrik Palmqvist
(Groep Amateur - 20)

Land:
Zweden 
Gecertificeerd: 
Vind dit een toffe post (7)   Houd niet van deze post (1)
Oud bericht #6 geplaatst Feb 9 2016, 13:09:24 Quote 

There will still not be any huge change in the final standings if you give points to more then top 8. There are some people that will finish higher in the final standings but most will end up roughly at the same place.
So what "issue" will this solve?
As far as I see it, there will only be more people scoring points but the standings will be mostly the same. So nothing changes.

Another aspect of it is how should the money be awarded based on points, if more people score points and get more points there will be more money handed out causing the economics in the game to change as well.
Another aspect brought up before is how should the old data be compared to the new, someone winning elite with 150 points with current point system compared to someone winning with 250 points with another point system granting more points.
Jack Giordmaina
(Groep Rookie - 163)

Land:
Engeland 
Gecertificeerd: 
Vind dit een toffe post (1)   Houd niet van deze post (4)
Oud bericht #7 geplaatst Feb 9 2016, 13:09:33 Quote 
But surely, extra points scoring positions means more money. And if you finished eight you get like 100,000 but now you could get 400,000.

It's the typical F1 debate. It's fair if you are scoring points, but if your not then it's unfair, but overall I think it's unfair and I have scored points this season.

I know average finishing position can stop you getting relegated, but that's not as fun as challenging for points.
Willem Van Mierlo
(Groep Amateur - 32)

Land:
Nederland 
Gecertificeerd: 
Vind dit een toffe post (7)   Houd niet van deze post (0)
Oud bericht #8 geplaatst Feb 9 2016, 13:11:43 (laatst aangepast Feb 9 2016, 13:24:20 door Willem Van Mierlo) Quote 
Quote ( Mairo Toom @ February 9th 2016,13:05:04 )

Everything that isn't decided with points is decided with highest scored position
fixed ;)

I realy wonder why this post got a downthumb, I just fixed a little error in Mairo's post to prevent misunderstanding ;)

Not that I care that it's downthumbed, but it does make me wonder....
Fredrik Palmqvist
(Groep Amateur - 20)

Land:
Zweden 
Gecertificeerd: 
Oud bericht #9 geplaatst Feb 9 2016, 13:21:52 Quote 
Quote ( Jack Giordmaina @ February 9th 2016,13:09:33 )

But surely, extra points scoring positions means more money. And if you finished eight you get like 100,000 but now you could get 400,000.

It's the typical F1 debate. It's fair if you are scoring points, but if your not then it's unfair, but overall I think it's unfair and I have scored points this season.

I know average finishing position can stop you getting relegated, but that's not as fun as challenging for points.

If the issue you want to solve is to get more money, then there are other ways to achieve this. Money management is the biggest key factor in this game, if you can't control it you'll never be able to advance in the higher leagues.

It's been said a lot of times before, handing out more money will effect the economics in the game. The balance is OK now so nothing need to change in that perspective in my oppinion.
Tomek Kiełpiński
(Groep Amateur - 72)

Land:
Polen 
Gecertificeerd: 
Oud bericht #10 geplaatst Feb 9 2016, 13:26:44 Quote 

There's more than enough money in the game. Especially in rookie and AMA.
Jimmy De Roy
(Groep Amateur - 80)

Land:
België 
Gecertificeerd: 
Vind dit een toffe post (1)   Houd niet van deze post (0)
Oud bericht #11 geplaatst Feb 9 2016, 13:29:08 (laatst aangepast Feb 9 2016, 13:30:20 door Jimmy De Roy) Quote 

Who says that the money system will remain the same if they change point system?

To be honest i follow Freddi here and it seems you just want to get more money out of it.
Jack Giordmaina
(Groep Rookie - 163)

Land:
Engeland 
Gecertificeerd: 
Oud bericht #12 geplaatst Feb 9 2016, 13:40:28 Quote 
Not at all. It was just a suggestion. It not fun when your in the higher divisions. It's hard to compete when cars are way out of your league. If you have a good race and finish 15th out of 33 there is no reward
Jimmy De Roy
(Groep Amateur - 80)

Land:
België 
Gecertificeerd: 
Vind dit een toffe post (3)   Houd niet van deze post (1)
Oud bericht #13 geplaatst Feb 9 2016, 13:42:24 Quote 
if you are not able to compete with other cars in higher divisions then maybe you were not ready to promote. furthermore there is more then just the car level to be able to compete.
Mairo Toom
(Groep Pro - 14)

Land:
Estland 
Gecertificeerd: 
Vind dit een toffe post (2)   Houd niet van deze post (0)
Oud bericht #14 geplaatst Feb 9 2016, 13:43:36 Quote 
Quote ( Jack Giordmaina @ February 9th 2016,13:40:28 )

If you have a good race and finish 15th out of 33 there is no reward

1st - It's not a good race, it's an average race.
2nd - Money you get for finishing 15th ain't a reward ?
3rd - It adds a 15th place into your this season results and it may become handy in the end.
Samoeni Albanalopolis
(Groep Pro - 1)

Land:
Albanië 
Gecertificeerd: 
Vind dit een toffe post (0)   Houd niet van deze post (0)
Oud bericht #15 geplaatst Feb 9 2016, 13:46:15 Quote 
Quote ( Mike Jobson @ February 9th 2016,13:01:07 )

This is not F1.
But it is based on F1 formula :)

But as Mairo said,
Quote ( Mairo Toom @ February 9th 2016,13:43:36 )

3rd - It adds a 15th place into your this season results and it may become handy in the end.
The average basically.
Lee Downing
(Groep Amateur - 40)

Land:
Engeland 
Gecertificeerd: 
Oud bericht #16 geplaatst Feb 9 2016, 13:47:32 Quote 
Quote ( Mike Jobson @ February 9th 2016,13:01:07 )

I'm sure this has been brought up before and it's been said before , This is not F1.

Grand Prix Racing Online - A free online F1 manager game
Finn Shaw-McIver
(Groep Pro - 1)

Land:
Engeland 
Gecertificeerd: 
Vind dit een toffe post (2)   Houd niet van deze post (2)
Oud bericht #17 geplaatst Feb 9 2016, 13:54:39 Quote 
This idea has many merits and is far fairer than 20% of the field getting points. But please remember that people who've been here ages always know better, even if they don't make a valid point. Shouting > coherent points
Fredrik Palmqvist
(Groep Amateur - 20)

Land:
Zweden 
Gecertificeerd: 
Oud bericht #18 geplaatst Feb 9 2016, 14:01:06 Quote 
Quote ( Jack Giordmaina @ February 9th 2016,13:40:28 )

Not at all. It was just a suggestion. It not fun when your in the higher divisions. It's hard to compete when cars are way out of your league. If you have a good race and finish 15th out of 33 there is no reward

But how would your suggestion help you compete with those finishing in front of you if you give them even more money compared to what you gain. It will be contraproductive to hand out more money for the race points since those scoring more points will jsut get richer and the gap to you will be greater.
Mason Somoza
(Groep Rookie - 145)

Land:
Verenigde Staten 
Gecertificeerd: 
Vind dit een toffe post (2)   Houd niet van deze post (1)
Oud bericht #19 geplaatst Feb 9 2016, 14:01:42 (laatst aangepast Feb 9 2016, 14:06:04 door Mason Somoza) Quote 

#4 posted today at 13:03:16 Quote 

Life is not fair. If you want a trophy for participating, play little league baseball.

Success is earned, not handed to you.

EDIT

On another note, the current points system rewards consistency, not positions. There is little difference between scoring a win and placing 3rd. That would be the only reason I would advocate for a change in the points system to current F1 scoring. It would push more people to compete, as one first place finish could change fortunes for more than one manager... Would make it more interesting.

And yes, the old guard will whine about that, because it's a change to their status quo... And God forbid you change heir status quo.
Jack Giordmaina
(Groep Rookie - 163)

Land:
Engeland 
Gecertificeerd: 
Vind dit een toffe post (0)   Houd niet van deze post (0)
Oud bericht #20 geplaatst Feb 9 2016, 14:11:39 Quote 
I think most of you are being a bit harsh. I like the game, but I can see where it can be improved.
I've played this game for 3 years. If the leaders make more money they make more money they deserve it.

But the distribution of wealth can be spread more evenly with more points. It's not difficult. I'm not asking for everyone to score points.

But more than eight. I think the first 15 is fair or even the top 10. I don't want the top 20 to score points that's too many
Mark Wright
(Groep Amateur - 91)

Land:
Schotland 
Gecertificeerd: 
Oud bericht #21 geplaatst Feb 9 2016, 14:14:11 Quote 
Jack I actually suggested the top 24 get points at one stage but that was for a different reason. If you're having to rely on points money then there's something wrong with your plan or if it's simply because you want more money then get better results?
Jack Giordmaina
(Groep Rookie - 163)

Land:
Engeland 
Gecertificeerd: 
Oud bericht #22 geplaatst Feb 9 2016, 14:21:20 Quote 
Honestly, everyone saying I want more money. That would be nice, but it's not what I want.

It's gives the gamers a chance to fight for more points scoring postions. It gives gamers who finish between 12th and 25th a chance to actually score some points which makes it more fun.

That's what I want fun. And a sense of accomplishment. This game gives that to the best but not the midfield. I don't care about the money really. I think more points scoring positions will make the game more fun
Mason Somoza
(Groep Rookie - 145)

Land:
Verenigde Staten 
Gecertificeerd: 
Vind dit een toffe post (2)   Houd niet van deze post (3)
Oud bericht #23 geplaatst Feb 9 2016, 14:21:29 Quote 
Quote ( Jack Giordmaina @ February 9th 2016,14:11:39 )

I think most of you are being a bit harsh. I like the game, but I can see where it can be improved.
I've played this game for 3 years. If the leaders make more money they make more money they deserve it.

You have failed to get past amateur each time you promote, and have trouble getting out of rookie. I think you should focus on learning to play the game, making better decisions in-game, rather than adapting it to your style. Life doesn't adapt to you, you adapt to it.
David Andrewartha
(Groep Amateur - 113)

Land:
Engeland 
Gecertificeerd: 
Vind dit een toffe post (2)   Houd niet van deze post (0)
Oud bericht #24 geplaatst Feb 9 2016, 14:28:51 Quote 
Quote ( Jack Giordmaina @ February 9th 2016,14:21:20 )

It's gives the gamers a chance to fight for more points scoring postions. It gives gamers who finish between 12th and 25th a chance to actually score some points which makes it more fun. That's what I want fun. And a sense of accomplishment. This game gives that to the best but not the midfield. I don't care about the money really. I think more points scoring positions will make the game more fun

Scoring 9th in a tough group is still an accomplishment Jack.
Bert Elsmann
(Groep Pro - 12)

Land:
Duitsland 
Gecertificeerd: 
Oud bericht #25 geplaatst Feb 9 2016, 14:34:37 Quote 
Quote ( David Andrewartha @ February 9th 2016,14:28:51 )

And even if you do it 17 times a season, you will relegate. That's the real problem with the current point system, not the points money.
Jack Giordmaina
(Groep Rookie - 163)

Land:
Engeland 
Gecertificeerd: 
Vind dit een toffe post (1)   Houd niet van deze post (1)
Oud bericht #26 geplaatst Feb 9 2016, 14:35:44 Quote 
Quote ( David Andrewartha @ February 9th 2016,14:28:51 )

Quote ( Jack Giordmaina @ February 9th 2016,14:21:20 )

But you dont get any points for it. The finishing position has the same reward as a person who finishes 17th or 32nd.
Mairo Toom
(Groep Pro - 14)

Land:
Estland 
Gecertificeerd: 
Vind dit een toffe post (2)   Houd niet van deze post (1)
Oud bericht #27 geplaatst Feb 9 2016, 14:36:04 (laatst aangepast Feb 9 2016, 14:37:08 door Mairo Toom) Quote 
Quote ( Bert Elsmann @ February 9th 2016,14:34:37 )

And even if you do it 17 times a season, you will relegate. That's the real problem with the current point system, not the points money.

Then your package just isn't good enough.

(You can blame bad luck, but if you keep everything for the last 1-2 races, then it's your own problem...)

Quote ( Jack Giordmaina @ February 9th 2016,14:35:44 )

But you dont get any points for it. The finishing position has the same reward as a person who finishes 17th or 32nd.
Quote ( Mairo Toom @ February 9th 2016,13:43:36 )

2nd - Money you get for finishing 15th ain't a reward ?
Mark Wright
(Groep Amateur - 91)

Land:
Schotland 
Gecertificeerd: 
Oud bericht #28 geplaatst Feb 9 2016, 14:38:11 (laatst aangepast Feb 9 2016, 14:38:50 door Mark Wright) Quote 
Quote ( Bert Elsmann @ February 9th 2016,14:34:37 )

Please let's not do this one AGAIN!

Quote ( Jack Giordmaina @ February 9th 2016,14:35:44 )

No it doesn't because the majority of your cash comes from where you finish in the race so your actually a whole load better off than someone finishing 17th. You might also gain other things that aren't monetary but could be priceless in another way.
Mason Somoza
(Groep Rookie - 145)

Land:
Verenigde Staten 
Gecertificeerd: 
Vind dit een toffe post (0)   Houd niet van deze post (1)
Oud bericht #29 geplaatst Feb 9 2016, 14:38:30 (laatst aangepast Feb 9 2016, 14:40:23 door Mason Somoza) Quote 
More pants doesn't make the game more fun. What makes it fun is progressing, winning, etc.

If you want plug and play, get a PS4.

What would make scoring 10 points fun if you fail to promote? I guess you must really like Groundhog Day... If you learned the game, you myth actually score 11 and not relegate. If you fail it's your fault, not the game's.
Bert Elsmann
(Groep Pro - 12)

Land:
Duitsland 
Gecertificeerd: 
Oud bericht #30 geplaatst Feb 9 2016, 14:40:54 Quote 
Quote ( Mairo Toom @ February 9th 2016,14:36:04 )

(You can blame bad luck, but if you keep everything for the last 1-2 races, then it's your own problem...)

No I blame a point system that rewards big pushes instead of consistent good race results. I also blame a point system that's designed to determine a single champion and doesn't fit to a league system with promoting/retaining/relegating people.
Pagina [12 » Ga naar pagina:

Dit onderwerp werd gesloten door de moderators!