Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Suggestions forum > Qualify statistics percentage individual Voeg dit onderwerp toe aan je negeerlijst Voeg dit onderwerp toe aan je volglijst
Pagina [1
Auteur Onderwerp: Qualify statistics percentage individual 14 antwoorden
Vin Struder
(Groep Amateur - 71)

Land:
Verenigde Staten 
Gecertificeerd: 
Vind dit een toffe post (10)   Houd niet van deze post (0)
Oud bericht #1 geplaatst Maa 4 2019, 19:55:16 Quote 
First, qualifying statistics are great. Currently, they provide both the percentage of people qualifying at the current time as well as your overall rank.

However, it would be nice if we could see at a glance our individual qualifying percentage in addition to the rank.

Yes, we can do the quick math and divide rank by total Or just eyeball it and get an approximation, but it would be nice to see when you click on the qualifying to get your present individual percentage rank (i.e. 15.4% or 52.8% etc) added to the information.
Andrew Wilden
(Groep Master - 1)

Land:
Australië 
Gecertificeerd: 
Vind dit een toffe post (1)   Houd niet van deze post (0)
Oud bericht #2 geplaatst Maa 4 2019, 20:31:41 Quote 
Nice idea 😊
Roy Mitchell
(Groep Amateur - 23)

Land:
Canada 
Gecertificeerd: 
Vind dit een toffe post (0)   Houd niet van deze post (0)
Oud bericht #3 geplaatst Maa 4 2019, 20:59:10 Quote 
I would like to see that in the game.
Michael Keeney
(Groep Master - 2)

Land:
Engeland 
Gecertificeerd: 
Oud bericht #4 geplaatst Maa 4 2019, 21:20:11 Quote 
This has been suggested a million times. Also a filter for tyre supplier. Will never happen Vin. But I agree this should have happened a long long time ago.
Mike Bennett
(Groep Amateur - 26)

Land:
Engeland 
Gecertificeerd: 
Vind dit een toffe post (0)   Houd niet van deze post (4)
Oud bericht #5 geplaatst Maa 4 2019, 21:55:29 Quote 
Quote ( Michael Keeney @ March 4th 2019,21:20:11 )

This has been suggested a million times.

Oh No it hasn't :)

Vin Struder
(Groep Amateur - 71)

Land:
Verenigde Staten 
Gecertificeerd: 
Oud bericht #6 geplaatst Maa 4 2019, 21:59:01 (laatst aangepast Maa 4 2019, 22:07:11 door Vin Struder) Quote 
@Michael: I searched through the forum topics prior – but did not see this. I guess I overlooked it.

Anyway, I wanted to see response to this post first before I got greedy, but I'll just go ahead and get greedy and post Everything I would like to see on this page (sorry if it is already been suggested and answered.) It is easy for me to make suggestions since I know very little about programming and whether this would be hard or easy But I think the math is very easy:

In a separate bar below manager name would be a quick list with all qualifying percentages listed. I did read where some of this part had been suggested.

Anyway, it would look something like this:
obr: x% rookie: x% am: x% pro: x% master: x% elite: x%

One big race gives your percentage versus everybody playing the game, then your group percentage, and as discussed in another thread your percentage in the group Just above for those planning on promo push. So, three fields would have percentages (except elite with only have 2) any others would be left blank.

Why OBR? Mainly because it would be a fun statistic and like the economy graph it could eventually be saved and be interesting to review over the course of seasons. Also, for those individuals/teams downloading info and making their own graphs this would make a good history record.

Cheers
Michael Keeney
(Groep Master - 2)

Land:
Engeland 
Gecertificeerd: 
Vind dit een toffe post (0)   Houd niet van deze post (8)
Oud bericht #7 geplaatst Maa 5 2019, 00:27:44 (laatst aangepast Maa 5 2019, 16:05:20 door Florencia Caro) Quote 
Quote ( Mike Bennett @ March 4th 2019,21:55:29 )

Quote ( Michael Keeney @ March 4th 2019,21:20:11 )

This has been suggested a million times.

Oh No it hasn't :)

/forum/ViewTopic.asp?Highlight=Qualifying+stats&TopicId=...

Just the 3 and 1/2 years ago and countless other times. But what do I know.

/forum/ViewTopic.asp?Highlight=Qualifying&TopicId=22849&...

/forum/ViewTopic.asp?Highlight=Qualifying&TopicId=17539&...

Just a very brief search. I could find many many more.

Overall about the suggestion and making the qualifying stats better. I agree, However they quite frankly dont care enough. Half the stats in this game are out dated or don't make sense at all.

I thought now that Jukka was part of the crew we'd see a lot more relevant statistics. Sadly still not enough.

I can assure you the above suggestion has been alluded to or suggestion in many forms overvthe seasons. They won't implement anything. Maybe this passive aggressive post might help.

Mod Edit: merged a quadruple post. Removed an unneeded rude comment towards a fellow manager.
Jody Parker
(Groep Amateur - 2)

Land:
Engeland 
Gecertificeerd: 
Vind dit een toffe post (6)   Houd niet van deze post (0)
Oud bericht #8 geplaatst Maa 5 2019, 01:07:10 Quote 
But Mr Kearney, the OP's original suggestion is NOT among those you found, to have your percentile in your Group shown, as in if you were #1842 out of 4250 managers having Qualified you would not have to calculate at what percentile you were but it would be stating "top 43,4%" (rounded up from 43.34%) after your lap time by your entry.
I can't say if there is or is not such a suggestion before but I have not seen it during my time here in GPRO, though, granted, I am far younger at it than you are.

I like that idea, saves some calculations for those not monitoring and auto-calculating it every race but casual players interested in seeing how well they fare when doing well, and how badly when not doing so well.
Jasper Coosemans1
(Groep Pro - 18)

Land:
België 
Gecertificeerd: 
Oud bericht #9 geplaatst Maa 5 2019, 01:38:46 Quote 
I would also like to see that percentile (I'm calculating it myself constantly because I'm addicted to such numbers), but the problem is: where on that page would you fit it? Long manager names are already messing with the page layout sometimes.

I believe that's also why tyre suppliers are not shown on that page (and in my opinion that's even more important than percentiles).

The page has a very high information density, it would be hard to fit more stuff without having to make major lay-out changes.
Tan S Lake
(Groep Pro - 10)

Land:
Bangladesh 
Gecertificeerd: 
Oud bericht #10 geplaatst Maa 5 2019, 10:28:18 Quote 
Quote ( Jasper Coosemans @ March 5th 2019,01:38:46 )

I would also like to see that percentile (I'm calculating it myself constantly because I'm addicted to such numbers), but the problem is: where on that page would you fit it? Long manager names are already messing with the page layout sometimes.

I believe that's also why tyre suppliers are not shown on that page (and in my opinion that's even more important than percentiles).

The page has a very high information density, it would be hard to fit more stuff without having to make major lay-out changes.

The page could potentially be split up into different tiers. After all, each of us is mostly interested in our own tier anyway
Arnas Peikstenis
(Groep Rookie - 41)

Land:
Litouwen 
Gecertificeerd: 
Oud bericht #11 geplaatst Maa 5 2019, 11:01:11 Quote 
i not see that necessary at all and every person can easy understand how much he overtaken by one eye wiev , if i see that i am 20th from 200 qualifyed managers its immediatly clear i overtake 90% opponents and my starting place will be ~ 2-4 depends how big group
Vladimir Alexandrov
(Administrator)

GPRO Medewerker
  Land:
Bulgarije 
Gecertificeerd: 
Oud bericht #12 geplaatst Maa 6 2019, 08:46:40 Quote 
I am not 100% sure if that's what you want, but I've added the % to the Rank as a mouseover tooltip. I don't find it particularly interesting, but that's just my opinion :)

As for tyre suppliers on this page, I've said it before and I will say it again, there is simply no space. Maybe it will fit if you view the page in English (most of the time), but for other languages the page layout will get broken.
Miel Soeterbroek
(Groep Master - 3)

Land:
Nederland 
Gecertificeerd: 
Oud bericht #13 geplaatst Maa 6 2019, 09:00:33 Quote 
Quote ( Vladimir Alexandrov @ March 6th 2019,08:46:40 )

As for tyre suppliers on this page, I've said it before and I will say it again, there is simply no space. Maybe it will fit if you view the page in English (most of the time), but for other languages the page layout will get broken.

Would a dropdown filter be an option for this?
Vladimir Alexandrov
(Administrator)

GPRO Medewerker
  Land:
Bulgarije 
Gecertificeerd: 
Oud bericht #14 geplaatst Maa 6 2019, 09:07:45 Quote 
Quote ( Miel Soeterbroek @ March 6th 2019,09:00:33 )

Would a dropdown filter be an option for this?

The page already looks like a spaceship, I don't want to make it even worse. It is just as bad to maintain the code on the other side. If we ever change the core site layout and allow more content, this is one of the first things I will add.
Miel Soeterbroek
(Groep Master - 3)

Land:
Nederland 
Gecertificeerd: 
Oud bericht #15 geplaatst Maa 6 2019, 09:12:00 Quote 
Say no more, UI is a special place of hell. ;)
Pagina [1
Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Suggestions forum > Qualify statistics percentage individual Voeg dit onderwerp toe aan je negeerlijst Voeg dit onderwerp toe aan je volglijst

Antwoord op dit bericht