Grand Prix Racing Online Форум > Formula One forum > Lewis & Max incident at Silverstone Добави тази тема към игнорираните теми Добави тази тема към наблюдаваните теми
Страница « 1 2 [34 ... 9 10 11 » Отиди на страница:
Анкета в темата
Who is at fault?
Влез за да гласуваш или да видиш резултатите
Автор Тема: Lewis & Max incident at Silverstone 316 отговори
Vladimir Alexandrov
(Администратор)

GPRO Екип
  Страна:
България 
Сертифициран: 
Харесвам това мнение (4)   Не харесвам това мнение (0)
Старо мнение #61 публикувано 19 Юли 2021 г. 13:05:52 Цитат 
Quote ( Jonathan Beagles @ July 19th 2021,12:54:04 )

Is it an actual FIA resource?

It was labeled as taken from the FIA rulebook, but I can’t be certain about it.
Vladimir Jelicic
(Група Master - 2)

Страна:
Сърбия 
Сертифициран: 
Харесвам това мнение (4)   Не харесвам това мнение (1)
Старо мнение #62 публикувано 19 Юли 2021 г. 13:06:49 Цитат 
Quote ( Vladimir Alexandrov @ July 19th 2021,12:48:52 )

I've been a Hamilton fanboy since 2007, but I have to say his move was totally reckless. Minimum penalty he should've received was a 10 sec stop/go in the pits.

It's enough to look at the old videos of Senna blocking Prost and Schumacher on this exact track. The attacker had to yield in all cases of this sort. And therefore Hamilton should have yielded. Either that or to stay on the right line.
Atli Thor Johannesson
(Група Pro - 1)

Страна:
Исландия 
Сертифициран: 
Харесвам това мнение (1)   Не харесвам това мнение (1)
Старо мнение #63 публикувано 19 Юли 2021 г. 13:09:07 Цитат 
Quote ( Cameron Halsall @ July 19th 2021,12:06:25 )

Unfortunately it seems there is now a precedent whereby anyone who points out the flaws in sports personalities who happen to have a certain skin complexion are branded racist and the media use this to decry a wider group as culpable for the actions of a minuscule minority with racist beliefs, who are likely to continue their behaviour because of the attention they get.

https://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12433/12358799/lewis-hamil...

Lewis Hamilton has been targeted with online racist abuse hours after winning the British Grand Prix for the eighth time.

Hamilton claimed victory by overtaking long-time leader Charles Leclerc late on in front of 140,000 spectators at Silverstone.

The 36-year-old recovered from a 10-second time penalty for a huge first-lap crash with title rival Max Verstappen on a dramatic afternoon.

Racist messages including 'monkey emojis' and other racial slurs were sent as replies to a post by the Mercedes team on Instagram celebrating Hamilton's success.

Formula 1, the FIA and Mercedes released a joint statement condemning the abuse and called for action to be taken against those responsible.

It read: "During, and after, yesterday's British Grand Prix, Lewis Hamilton was subjected to multiple instances of racist abuse on social media following an in-race collision.

"Formula 1, The FIA and Mercedes-AMG Petronas F1 Team condemn this behaviour in the strongest possible terms.

"These people have no place in our sport and we urge that those responsible should be held accountable for their actions.

"Formula 1, the FIA, the drivers and the teams are working to build a more diverse and inclusive sport, and such unacceptable instances of online abuse must be highlighted and eliminated."

On Monday, Red Bull and McLaren, Hamilton's former team, also released statements condemning the abuse.

Alexei Malkin
(Група Amateur - 21)

Страна:
Руската федерация 
Сертифициран: 
Харесвам това мнение (3)   Не харесвам това мнение (4)
Старо мнение #64 публикувано 19 Юли 2021 г. 13:09:10 Цитат 

I've been a Hamilton fanboy since 2007, but I have to say his move was totally reckless. Minimum penalty he should've received was a 10 sec stop/go in the pits.

the difference is that they were wheel to wheel before the braking and this rule is for cars who were at least in a half of car behind. Clearly.
Amitesh Patnaik
(Група Pro - 24)

Страна:
Индия 
Сертифициран: 
Харесвам това мнение (4)   Не харесвам това мнение (0)
Старо мнение #65 публикувано 19 Юли 2021 г. 13:24:57 Цитат 
I see SkySportsF1 and it reminds me of Crofty's and Brundle's absolutely unbiased commentary when it comes to British drivers. :)

//Note: Sarcasm
Vladimir Alexandrov
(Администратор)

GPRO Екип
  Страна:
България 
Сертифициран: 
Харесвам това мнение (9)   Не харесвам това мнение (3)
Старо мнение #66 публикувано 19 Юли 2021 г. 13:30:35 Цитат 
Quote ( Alexei Malkin @ July 19th 2021,13:09:10 )

the difference is that they were wheel to wheel before the braking

It doesn't matter where he is before the braking. After the braking, at the moment of corner entry, he was no further than the back wheels of Max (exactly as in the picture above).
Jorrit Boer
(Група Rookie - 110)

Страна:
Холандия 
Сертифициран: 
Харесвам това мнение (2)   Не харесвам това мнение (1)
Старо мнение #67 публикувано 19 Юли 2021 г. 13:35:18 Цитат 
Quote ( Atli Thor Johannesson @ July 19th 2021,13:09:07 )

Unfortunately it seems there is now a precedent whereby anyone who points out the flaws in sports personalities who happen to have a certain skin complexion are branded racist and the media use this to decry a wider group as culpable for the actions of a minuscule minority with racist beliefs, who are likely to continue their behaviour because of the attention they get.

Lewis Hamilton has been targeted with online racist abuse hours after winning the British Grand Prix for the eighth time.

Hamilton claimed victory by overtaking long-time leader Charles Leclerc late on in front of 140,000 spectators at Silverstone.

The 36-year-old recovered from a 10-second time penalty for a huge first-lap crash with title rival Max Verstappen on a dramatic afternoon.

Racist messages including 'monkey emojis' and other racial slurs were sent as replies to a post by the Mercedes team on Instagram celebrating Hamilton's success.

Formula 1, the FIA and Mercedes released a joint statement condemning the abuse and called for action to be taken against those responsible.

It read: "During, and after, yesterday's British Grand Prix, Lewis Hamilton was subjected to multiple instances of racist abuse on social media following an in-race collision.

"Formula 1, The FIA and Mercedes-AMG Petronas F1 Team condemn this behaviour in the strongest possible terms.

"These people have no place in our sport and we urge that those responsible should be held accountable for their actions.

"Formula 1, the FIA, the drivers and the teams are working to build a more diverse and inclusive sport, and such unacceptable instances of online abuse must be highlighted and eliminated."

On Monday, Red Bull and McLaren, Hamilton's former team, also released statements condemning the abuse.

That's disgusting, I hope we can agree... I'm frustrated with Hamilton, but this is disgusting...
Alexei Malkin
(Група Amateur - 21)

Страна:
Руската федерация 
Сертифициран: 
Старо мнение #68 публикувано 19 Юли 2021 г. 13:44:47 Цитат 
Quote ( Vladimir Alexandrov @ July 19th 2021,13:30:35 )

It doesn't matter where he is before the braking. After the braking, at the moment of corner entry, he was no further than the back wheels of Max (exactly as in the picture above).
here I'm disagree. It means that everyone can not to brake in every corner and will be right. So in your opinion if Hamilton didn't brake, he'd be right in the crash?
Roland Postle10
(Група Elite)

Страна:
Англия 
Сертифициран: 
Харесвам това мнение (7)   Не харесвам това мнение (1)
Старо мнение #69 публикувано 19 Юли 2021 г. 13:49:03 (редактирано 19 Юли 2021 г. 13:49:31 от Roland Postle) Цитат 
Quote ( Jonathan Beagles @ July 19th 2021,12:54:04 )

100% agree Vlad - what's that image taken from? Is it an actual FIA resource?

Appears to from this blog: https://f1metrics.wordpress.com/2014/08/28/the-rules-of-racing/

Not an FIA resource but it's a pretty thorough explanation and claims to be well sourced. He also claims the deciding 'alongside' moment is the apex, not the corner entry:

In Formula 1, the norms have been explored and refined over the years as a result of drivers like Ayrton Senna and Michael Schumacher pushing the boundaries and exploiting any gray areas. Today, it is generally accepted that the attacker must be at least halfway alongside the defender when they reach the apex to have a reasonable claim to this piece of track

This doesn't imply Lewis was automatically 100% at fault, just that it was Max's corner and Lewis should yield, which he basically was doing. Max wanted him to yield more, and risked pressing his ownership of the corner a bit more than was probably sensible if he wanted to finish the race.
Mark Witney
(Група Pro - 25)

Страна:
Англия 
Сертифициран: 
Харесвам това мнение (1)   Не харесвам това мнение (2)
Старо мнение #70 публикувано 19 Юли 2021 г. 13:50:48 Цитат 
Quote ( Alexei Malkin @ July 19th 2021,13:44:47 )

here I'm disagree. It means that everyone can not to brake in every corner and will be right. So in your opinion if Hamilton didn't brake, he'd be right in the crash?

It sounds more like the FIA's interpretation than Vlad's, think they might be slightly more knowledgeable than you on these matters. 🤷‍♂️
Alexei Malkin
(Група Amateur - 21)

Страна:
Руската федерация 
Сертифициран: 
Харесвам това мнение (0)   Не харесвам това мнение (2)
Старо мнение #71 публикувано 19 Юли 2021 г. 14:07:54 Цитат 

Quote ( Mark Witney @ July 19th 2021,13:50:48 )

Quote ( Alexei Malkin @ July 19th 2021,13:44:47 )

It sounds more like the FIA's interpretation than Vlad's, think they might be slightly more knowledgeable than you on these matters. 🤷‍♂️
close this thread then, it's useless
Darryl Kucmerowski
(Група Pro - 11)

Страна:
САЩ 
Сертифициран: 
Харесвам това мнение (11)   Не харесвам това мнение (2)
Старо мнение #72 публикувано 19 Юли 2021 г. 14:22:56 Цитат 
I'll preface this reply with a fact - I do not care for either driver. I'm a Ferrari fan, so unless they are driving the red car, they are dead to me :P

In all seriousness though, one thing I have enjoyed about this season is an actual title fight... in both championships. Today's actions have taken away from that.

Max has a history of being aggressive... I'm sure most of us remember his earlier days when he was causing constant collisions and getting penalty points... but that is exactly that, history. He is the only driver with more than one season of experience currently who has 0 penalty points...

This is not the first time Lewis has spun someone out in recent history... All you Alex Albon fans know what I am talking about, twice.

Bottom line is, Lewis made up his mind WELL before that corner that he was making the move there, he did it again to Charles LeClerc later in the race, and tried it in the spring race as well. It's not a corner for passing on the inside, for a lot of the reasons that have been stated here. On top of that, he missed the corner.. his line was going to take him into Max, and he was counting on it... counting on Max to release the spot and let him through... and if we've learned anything from Max, that's not how he races.

Last bit, and I stole this from discord, https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/730317296811376690/...

This is the EXACT incident, included with how they started and where they ended up, as what happened Sunday. There is no doubt, based on the F1 rulebook, that this was Lewis Hamiltons fault.

Last bit, this has been going on in F1 for years and Hamiltons hero has done it to secure a world championship. He may not of set out to crash Max, but he also didn't care if it happened.. .based on the recklessness of the move made.

Alexei Malkin
(Група Amateur - 21)

Страна:
Руската федерация 
Сертифициран: 
Харесвам това мнение (0)   Не харесвам това мнение (1)
Старо мнение #73 публикувано 19 Юли 2021 г. 14:54:32 Цитат 
Quote ( Roland Postle @ July 19th 2021,13:49:03 )

This doesn't imply Lewis was automatically 100% at fault, just that it was Max's corner and Lewis should yield, which he basically was doing. Max wanted him to yield more, and risked pressing his ownership of the corner a bit more than was probably sensible if he wanted to finish the race.
if I had a good English, I'd say it the same way :)
Martti Kaasik
(Група Master - 2)

Страна:
Естония 
Сертифициран: 
Харесвам това мнение (3)   Не харесвам това мнение (0)
Старо мнение #74 публикувано 19 Юли 2021 г. 16:11:41 Цитат 

Like the guy or not abuse is not correct any way. I think he did not get hard enough penalty... and as it has discussed many have their opinion but come on what has it to do with color? Shame on those.
Erik Harken
(Група Amateur - 7)

Страна:
САЩ 
Сертифициран: 
Харесвам това мнение (0)   Не харесвам това мнение (1)
Старо мнение #75 публикувано 19 Юли 2021 г. 16:22:57 Цитат 

I disagree with the implications of this image but will first say Lewis is still at fault for having missed his apex somewhat badly. That said this visual shows the optimum line for each driver but doesn’t necessarily apply to this situation considering that each line can and should be modified to go two wide. It would require backing off and being less aggressive which is something Max didn’t do and again something that even of Lewis tried to do he failed in missing his apex and braking point.
Marcelo Ascencio
(Група Amateur - 20)

Страна:
Аржентина 
Сертифициран: 
Харесвам това мнение (6)   Не харесвам това мнение (2)
Старо мнение #76 публикувано 19 Юли 2021 г. 16:51:23 Цитат 
Pro analysis

Cameron Halsall
(Група Amateur - 25)

Страна:
Англия 
Сертифициран: 
Харесвам това мнение (1)   Не харесвам това мнение (2)
Старо мнение #77 публикувано 19 Юли 2021 г. 17:02:05 Цитат 

Don't just believe what you read in the news. We know that most of the abuse comes from abroad. After the Euros final they only found 3 comments on Instagram that were from real people who live in the UK, one of whom was a 13 year old. The media vastly exaggerates the scale of the problem to get people to turn on each other. We are very fortunate in the west to have tolerant societies where racism is almost entirely nonexistent. There are other parts of the world where this is definitely not the case but F1 refuses to discuss it because it's not conducive to their agenda and because of the influence of sponsors.
Mael Grosjean
(Група Pro - 8)

Страна:
Франция 
Сертифициран: 
Харесвам това мнение (1)   Не харесвам това мнение (0)
Старо мнение #78 публикувано 19 Юли 2021 г. 17:03:57 Цитат 
You have sources obviously Cameron?
Skyler Marsons
(Група Rookie - 141)

Страна:
Холандия 
Сертифициран: 
Харесвам това мнение (2)   Не харесвам това мнение (3)
Старо мнение #79 публикувано 19 Юли 2021 г. 17:22:32 Цитат 
1 of the 2 shouldve backed off. Both knew 1 of them would not make it through the corner. In this case Lewis shouldve backed off, it was pretty obvious that he was going to hit him
Cameron Halsall
(Група Amateur - 25)

Страна:
Англия 
Сертифициран: 
Старо мнение #80 публикувано 19 Юли 2021 г. 17:27:47 Цитат 
Quote ( Mael Grosjean @ July 19th 2021,17:03:57 )

Do Sky or any of the other outlets ever show us their sources? Can they quantify the exact amount of abuse? Do we even know whether Lewis actually saw any of these comments? Unless all of these questions can be given an affirmative we know the media is not interested in a productive discussion.
Storm Nation
(Група Rookie - 3)

Страна:
Англия 
Сертифициран: 
Харесвам това мнение (2)   Не харесвам това мнение (3)
Старо мнение #81 публикувано 19 Юли 2021 г. 18:05:39 Цитат 
Quote ( Sara Lingrey @ July 18th 2021,23:46:04 )

Hamilton was not on the apex, hit Max on the rear tyre and would've struggled to even make the corner. Max left a car's width on the inside, so it's clear who's to blame.

Dont agree at all with this; lets see the facts as an armchair critic and a life long viewer.... Lewis Hamilton was on the inside of the track overtaking Max... Max saw him there and gently veered to the right before turn 1... Hamilton ( to avoid wheel rubbing ) moved a little more right than usual ( if sportsmanship exists ). Hamilton had 2 choices... back off or hit the wall, instinct tells you not only as a driver but a racer to try and straighten up to avoid hitting the wall... Max was clearly frustrated at Lewis's speed that he didnt want Lewis to overtake ( championship on hes mind ) so he didnt give much room.
Im going to say a racing incident 50/50... yes maybe Lewis should have backed off and tried elsewhere but Max should have conceded and done likewise to regain position.
I see no penalty was given to Tom Cruise for driving the way he did :P
Mael Grosjean
(Група Pro - 8)

Страна:
Франция 
Сертифициран: 
Старо мнение #82 публикувано 19 Юли 2021 г. 18:12:29 Цитат 
Quote ( Cameron Halsall @ July 19th 2021,17:27:47 )

Quote ( Mael Grosjean @ July 19th 2021,17:03:57 )

Do Sky or any of the other outlets ever show us their sources? Can they quantify the exact amount of abuse? Do we even know whether Lewis actually saw any of these comments? Unless all of these questions can be given an affirmative we know the media is not interested in a productive discussion.
That's what I thought, none, thank you.
Cameron Halsall
(Група Amateur - 25)

Страна:
Англия 
Сертифициран: 
Старо мнение #83 публикувано 19 Юли 2021 г. 18:17:44 Цитат 
It seems my belief the media are not interested in inducing a productive discussion on the issue was right, and it seems you aren't either.
Lee Ifans
(Група Pro - 11)

Страна:
Венецуела 
Сертифициран: 
Харесвам това мнение (5)   Не харесвам това мнение (0)
Старо мнение #84 публикувано 19 Юли 2021 г. 18:23:25 Цитат 
How do you have a productive discussion with someone so out of touch they think this is true...

Quote ( Cameron Halsall @ July 19th 2021,17:02:05 )

We are very fortunate in the west to have tolerant societies where racism is almost entirely nonexistent.

Tom Parker
(Група Rookie - 42)

Страна:
Англия 
Сертифициран: 
Харесвам това мнение (0)   Не харесвам това мнение (0)
Старо мнение #85 публикувано 19 Юли 2021 г. 18:55:51 Цитат 
Swimming pool full of jelly, shirts off, oil them up.

Winner takes all
Juan Pereyra
(Група Amateur - 54)

Страна:
Аржентина 
Сертифициран: 
Харесвам това мнение (2)   Не харесвам това мнение (4)
Старо мнение #86 публикувано 19 Юли 2021 г. 19:15:44 Цитат 
In my opinion, Lewis is an unfair and dirty driver. Don¨t like his ways to winning.
Jasper Coosemans1
(Група Elite)

Страна:
Белгия 
Сертифициран: 
Харесвам това мнение (3)   Не харесвам това мнение (0)
Старо мнение #87 публикувано 19 Юли 2021 г. 19:29:42 Цитат 
Quote ( Jorrit Boer @ July 19th 2021,11:14:42 )

I apologise for the presumption of being a Hamilton fanboy... You're right that I have no way of knowing that and I retract that statement...

I didn't say that you were a horrible person... I was trying to convey that F1 fans are horrible at discussing these incidents... With hindsight I could have been more specific, but unfortunately I can no longer edit that post...

I still think you're wrong though, and the evidence you gave is lacking, but I didn't mean to get personal...

All good! Let's say emotions were still running a little high last night. :)
Cameron Halsall
(Група Amateur - 25)

Страна:
Англия 
Сертифициран: 
Харесвам това мнение (0)   Не харесвам това мнение (0)
Старо мнение #88 публикувано 19 Юли 2021 г. 20:08:13 Цитат 
Quote ( Lee Ifans @ July 19th 2021,18:23:25 )

How do you have a productive discussion with someone so out of touch they think this is true...

Quote ( Cameron Halsall @ July 19th 2021,17:02:05 )

We are very fortunate in the west to have tolerant societies where racism is almost entirely nonexistent.

Show me the evidence to the contrary then. Seriously, there are some countries where non natives are still not allowed entry into shops and you can be attacked for being a minority. Are we seriously suggesting that we're so racist that kids from different backgrounds are not allowed to play with each other?
André de Carvalho
(Група Amateur - 75)

Страна:
Бразилия 
Сертифициран: 
Старо мнение #89 публикувано 19 Юли 2021 г. 20:12:49 Цитат 
Cameron turning this into a political discussion again. What else is new?
Josh Clark
(Група Master - 4)

Страна:
Англия 
Сертифициран: 
Харесвам това мнение (11)   Не харесвам това мнение (0)
Старо мнение #90 публикувано 19 Юли 2021 г. 20:59:39 (редактирано 19 Юли 2021 г. 21:01:11 от Josh Clark) Цитат 

re:pictures like https://imgur.com/bee7kbC

Wasn't gonna get involved cos I'm not particularly furious or ecstatic enough to want to bother, but I have an issue with the evidence provided here.

You just can't use these pictures alone, sorry but that's not what the move looked like. That is what a move looks like but you just can't use still frames to judge things like this when both cars are moving off their lines while under "braking". Things happen to the car because of this which makes any still frame unable to tell the story. Applies to all the pictures posted here. Despite that, I'm gonna use a lot of still images now cos there's not really a better way to show it, to try and clear up some false evidence.

https://imgur.com/bee7kbC : assumes the red car wasn't pinned against the wall before entering the corner and assumes both cars are carrying optimal tyre load and downforce through that corner, whereas in Silverstone both drivers had just begun to turn left (source 1,2) to attempt to get back on the racing line, unloading both cars tyres and, particularly in Hamilton's case, putting excessive load on the left front when they steer right again (source 5,6) for the corner. This creates understeer, which is why you simply cannot draw a line from a car's nose to the Apex because from the literal definition of understeer, that's not the direction he's going anymore. This picture is also incorrect because it assumes the red car only had its wing alongside the blue car's tyres upon turn-in which was absolutely not the case (source 5,6,7)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/t3a5qdsqnkh39fs/Ham_Ver_Sil_2021.png?dl=0 : this also doesn't really tell the full story either. Despite Hamilton's lock, he is not gonna get anywhere close to the apex. Because of the understeer he's more headed towards the beginning of the 2nd red section of the wall in the background, which means Max will have to either beat him around the corner (not happening), drive off the road, or drive into him. He did the 3rd option.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/730317296811376690/86... : blurriness aside, it's clear to see that Hamilton missed the apex due to understeer, but this picture is misleading as it could just be taken from point of turn-in instead of apex. I wish the onbaord from Leclerc was on the internet somewhere to check where they are in this picture but it looks like it's the point where the blue wall's curve tightens, and if you check in (source 10) that's still a fair bit before the crash and Hamilton does get a lot closer to the apex than this. See post #37.

However I think this is still the careless part of the move on Hamilton's part. He'd have known he wouldn't have maximum grip, didn't trust his car, turned in too late with too much speed and washed out to the left. I don't think that's cause for a penalty though. He did in fact have a significant amount of his car alongside Max before the "braking" zone (source 4.1,13) and before Max had turned in (source 6), so the argument of him not being far enough alongside isn't cause for a penalty by FIA regulation. Also pushing another car off the track unintentionally is also not cause for a penalty and is apprently very situational (source 14).

Max turned in at the same point as you would from the racing line (source 5,13) despite not being on the racing line. From his onboard (source 11) it's quite clear to see he was going to make the corner fine, and the fact he was actually pointing away from the corner at his point of turn-in would easily have opened up the inside of the corner a significant amount. But his initial trajectory from his first turn-in was definitely not leaving enough space on the inside, and that's simply because he expected Hamilton to bail on the move. You can see he has a counter-steer once he's realised that Ham actually stays on the inside, and in a lot of moves like 2019 Austria, this is where the penalty is hard to decide. Obviously it's a shit move to run another car out of road and I hate the fact that it's become the norm in the last 5 or so years but on the odd chance it does result in a penalty, it's almost always only 5s to the driver forcing the other driver off. This time we didn't even get to see if Max would've been forced off because although the amount of room he left was enough for Hamilton, Hamilton also continued as if Max would bail on the defence and go onto the run-off to try and keep the place. The reason why it's worse that Hamilton expects Max to bail is because he's already decided Max would bail or give him room before he even turned in, and because of the understeer couldn't do anything about it if Max doesn't bail out. At least Max has enough control to be able to get out of the way if Lewis does commit to the move.

Max's effort to give space was giving space to a car on the apex, he couldn't have known Hamilton was unable to make it to the apex when he left that gap and tried to keep his car within the white lines because had he gon onto the run-off he would have lost the place. In my opinion that's actually not smart from Max, he's not thinking in terms of the championship yet which is silly considering his lead and how he was not only favourite to win Silverstone, but will be favourite at Hungary also. But he's young, never won a title, so it's not like he has the experience to match that mindset. But yeah that's why it's obviously more Hamilton's fault - he decided Max would bail as he went into the corner and didn't have a backup plan. The crash was avoidable from both parties but Hamilton caused the contact. Most corners it's simply a wheel bang, sending one car wide, racing incident. The fact the tyre instantly delaminated and the angle and speed of the corner was the reason it ended so badly. Bottom line is to aggressively overtake or to aggressively defend going into this corner the way these two did was never gonna end well, neither had optimal lines. If you want to compare this to any other overtake at this corner you have to take into account the entry, cos I'm fairly certain most other overtakes here were the left car with their wheels on the left apex and the right car in the middle of the road. The late move and then persistence from Hamilton is imo worth a penalty at this corner, just for being careless. But most other lap 1 crashes like that are racing incidents so who the heck knows.

But yeah if you're gonna try and grab evidence to support any of your arguments, taking one picture from one on-board without any other relevant indicators or markers is just pointless, it means nothing. Cars are weird. Watch a video and use < > these keys to navigate slowly.

Some more things to note if comparisons are being made:

Verstappen nearly flipped Raikonnen at T1 Beligum 2019 from an overly-ambitious dive bomb and wasn't penalised.
Grosjean flipped Hulkenberg leaving him "hanging like a cow" at Abu Dhabi 2018 and wasn't penalised.
Stroll pinned Hartley to the wall in Canada 2018 and wasn't penalised.
Button was given just a 3-place grid penalty for sending Wehrlein literally head-first into the wall at Portier in Monaco 2018.

So it's not as if moves that end in dangerous crashes are notorious for being awarded heavy penalties. I'm not saying that's right or ok, just that it's not exactly something the FIA are known for doing. In fact I'm pretty sure the only drive-thru penalties in the last 10 years aren't even crash-related. Can't remember a stop/go penalty in the hybrid era and there have been worse crashes.

When I saw it I initially figured Hamilton would get a drive through even though I was pretty sure it wasn't as bad a penalty as that. I was honestly surprised he got a 10s penalty at first, but after looking at all of this I do think 10s was probably the most fair. But no penalty, 10s, drive through, stop/go, don't really care, none of those would've given Lando a podium and Max is gonna with the title anyway so doesn't mean anything to me :D

Sources
black - 100 braking board
red - 50 braking board
yellow - final black strip of apex
pink - steering wheel angle

S1: https://bit.ly/3ipyZ7x - ham initial steer away from wall, towards optimal line.
S2: https://bit.ly/36NRMUp - ver initial steer towards optimal line.
S3: https://bit.ly/2UQDRKF - ham finished steering towards optimal line.
S4: https://bit.ly/3hMUznh - ver finished steering towards optimal line.
S4.1: https://bit.ly/2UrouIL - ham small correction before turn-in.
S5: https://bit.ly/2UXKNWe - ham fully commits to corner.
S6: https://bit.ly/2VXIMtU - ver fully commits to corner.
S7: https://bit.ly/3iu2cOm - far cam, 50 braking board.
S8: https://bit.ly/3eBOjg3 - far cam, final black strip of apex.
S9: https://bit.ly/3zgmNwK - Bot v Ham into Copse 2019, same distance to 50 board as S3.

S10: https://youtu.be/w5gFGVzbsLY?t=52 - ham onboard
S11: https://youtu.be/u9RCN4g54Gw?t=26 - ver onboard.
S12: https://youtu.be/u40Umlm-yx0?t=64 - far cam.
S13: https://youtu.be/u40Umlm-yx0?t=64 - fp2 optimal high fuel "braking" and turn-in point for Copse.
S14: https://youtu.be/now3s1SM1_o?t=359 - Jolyon Palmer on the regulations around forcing drivers off the circuit re: Austria 2019 Lec/Ver incident.

S15: https://youtu.be/bD2RXaRMEXM?t=47 - bonus for anyone who wants to say fans were cheering when ver crashed. Here's two clips of fans cheering because ver was taken out of the race (as any fan does when their favourite's rival gets a DNF), then blatant shock and concern after the impact. Couldn't give a shit what people think of England or it's sports fans, I'm so unpatriotic it's probably illegal, but don't start stupid drama to suit your agendas. Not directed at anyone, just what I've seen across the internet since yesterday.

(big post cos not commenting again)
Страница « 1 2 [34 ... 9 10 11 » Отиди на страница:
Grand Prix Racing Online Форум > Formula One forum > Lewis & Max incident at Silverstone Добави тази тема към игнорираните теми Добави тази тема към наблюдаваните теми

Отговори в тази тема