Grand Prix Racing Online Fórum > Other sports forum > General Pro Wrestling thread Přidat toto téma do svého seznamu ignorovaných Přidat toto téma do svého seznamu sledovaných
Strana « 1 2 3 ... 98 99 [100 Rychlé přejít na stránku:
Hlasovací téma ve fóru
Which did you like better?
Přihlaste se , abyste mohli volit nebo hlasovat
Autor Téma: General Pro Wrestling thread 2995 odpovědí
Kevin Parkinson
(Skupina Retired)

GPRO tým
  Země:
Skotsko 
Certifikované: 
Příspěvek se mně líbí (0)   Příspěvek se mně nelíbí (0)
Starý příspěvek #2971 přispěno 20 Březen 2018, 20:54:17 Citovat 
I see DB and Shane vs KO and Sami - DB back tonight, changed his tune with regards to them as they went too far last week.
Greg Tierney
(Skupina Pro - 12)

Země:
Spojené státy 
Certifikované: 
Starý příspěvek #2972 přispěno 20 Březen 2018, 21:07:09 (naposledy změněno 20 Březen 2018, 21:08:25 od Greg Tierney) Citovat 
Quote ( Kevin Parkinson @ March 20th 2018,20:54:17 )

I see DB and Shane vs KO and Sami - DB back tonight, changed his tune with regards to them as they went too far last week.

I don't see how that type of match doesn't end with DB backstabbing Shane, given the months of storyline tension they've built between Shane and DB. Also, this clearance couldn't have happened overnight, so they must have been booking some plan for this, right?

Given DB couldn't possibly be forced heel when coming back -- with a backstabbing, we'd end up with some sort of tweener limbo faction (DB/KO/Sami/?). Maybe something along the lines of "non-WWE" guys taking over SmackDown? (as the commissioner spot is now vacant....)
Jun Ho
(Skupina Retired)

Země:
Hongkong 
Certifikované: 
Starý příspěvek #2973 přispěno 20 Březen 2018, 23:19:50 (naposledy změněno 20 Březen 2018, 23:21:15 od Jun Ho) Citovat 
Quote ( Kevin Parkinson @ March 20th 2018,20:54:17 )

+1

Quote ( Greg Tierney @ March 20th 2018,21:07:09 )

I don't see how that type of match doesn't end with DB backstabbing Shane, given the months of storyline tension they've built between Shane and DB. Also, this clearance couldn't have happened overnight, so they must have been booking some plan for this, right?

Hmm, thats also true, especially the amount of times DB tried to "help" KO and Sami...

What about Cena's Wrsetlemania's journey? Who is he fighting?

I was thinking WWE are doing the Cena vs Undertaker storyline using this guy's booking. :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccm8_hFYC5s
Greg Tierney
(Skupina Pro - 12)

Země:
Spojené státy 
Certifikované: 
Starý příspěvek #2974 přispěno 9 Duben 2018, 23:48:35 (naposledy změněno 10 Duben 2018, 00:17:23 od Greg Tierney) Citovat 
Not surprising, given the way WrestleMania went, but Lesnar has re-signed with WWE: http://www.wwe.com/worldwide/article/brock-lesnar-re-signs-w...

He'll be against Reigns for the Universal Championship (so a WrestleMania rematch) at the "Greatest Royal Rumble", the upcoming supercard in Saudi Arabia on 4/27

--------------------------WRESTLEMANIA SPOILERS BELOW-------------------------------

Current Card:
No. 	Match 								Stipulations
1 Greatest Royal Rumble match 50-man Royal Rumble match
2 AJ Styles (c) vs. TBA WWE Championship match
3 Brock Lesnar (c) vs. Roman Reigns Steel Cage match for the WWE Universal Championship
4 Seth Rollins (c) vs. The Miz vs. Finn Bálor vs. Samoa Joe Ladder match for the WWE Intercontinental Championship
5 Jinder Mahal (c) vs. Randy Orton WWE United States Championship match
6 Braun Strowman and TBA (c) vs. TBA WWE Raw Tag Team Championship match
7 Bludgeon Brothers (c) vs. TBA WWE SmackDown Tag Team Championship match
8 Cedric Alexander (c) vs. TBA WWE Cruiserweight Championship match
9 John Cena vs. Triple H Singles match
Kevin Parkinson
(Skupina Retired)

GPRO tým
  Země:
Skotsko 
Certifikované: 
Starý příspěvek #2975 přispěno 10 Duben 2018, 00:05:09 Citovat 
I'd really hoped for Nicholas to take the title of Lesnar on Raw tonight :(
William Durant
(Skupina Amateur - 105)

Země:
Spojené státy 
Certifikované: 
Starý příspěvek #2976 přispěno 10 Duben 2018, 18:02:51 Citovat 
No women for the Saudi Arabia event? After the huge strides they've made over the last couple of years they should tell them it's all or nothing.
Kevin Parkinson
(Skupina Retired)

GPRO tým
  Země:
Skotsko 
Certifikované: 
Starý příspěvek #2977 přispěno 10 Duben 2018, 18:20:13 Citovat 
Especially after the Sasha Banks and Alexa Bliss had the first women's match in UAE back in December.

Given it's a 10 year deal and very early doors in opening the country to further sports and events from abroad, hopefully women being involved will come sooner rather than later, but it does leave a bit of a sour taste that they aren't involved straight away on a major show.
William Durant
(Skupina Amateur - 105)

Země:
Spojené státy 
Certifikované: 
Starý příspěvek #2978 přispěno 10 Duben 2018, 21:46:13 Citovat 
Women are not even allowed to watch live sport never mind compete in Saudi Arabia. I do hope they drop in lots of women's promos during the event to try and shake things up but I doubt it.

The 50 man rumble should be fun. What's the winners prize? Not much info yet but the focus on mania and then the shake up so won't be much build up
Kevin Parkinson
(Skupina Retired)

GPRO tým
  Země:
Skotsko 
Certifikované: 
Starý příspěvek #2979 přispěno 10 Duben 2018, 22:01:36 Citovat 
Quote ( William Durant @ April 10th 2018,21:46:13 )

Women are not even allowed to watch live sport never mind compete in Saudi Arabia.

It's already been confirmed that women and children will be allowed to attend the event.
Greg Tierney
(Skupina Pro - 12)

Země:
Spojené státy 
Certifikované: 
Starý příspěvek #2980 přispěno 11 Duben 2018, 17:02:43 Citovat 
New match added for Greatest Royal Rumble:

Rusev vs. Undertaker, in a casket match. That's random.
Also, Jericho announced for the Rumble match.
Tj Smith
(Skupina Amateur - 62)

Země:
Spojené státy 
Certifikované: 
Starý příspěvek #2981 přispěno 11 Duben 2018, 17:07:06 Citovat 
Rusev is probably being released very soon. This will most likely be his last match.
Kevin Parkinson
(Skupina Retired)

GPRO tým
  Země:
Skotsko 
Certifikované: 
Starý příspěvek #2982 přispěno 11 Duben 2018, 17:14:10 Citovat 
Quote ( Tj Smith @ April 11th 2018,17:07:06 )

Rusev is probably being released very soon. This will most likely be his last match.

I lol'd. Rusev won't be going anywhere.
Kevin Parkinson
(Skupina Retired)

GPRO tým
  Země:
Skotsko 
Certifikované: 
Starý příspěvek #2983 přispěno 12 Duben 2018, 21:59:24 Citovat 
Quote ( Greg Tierney @ April 11th 2018,17:02:43 )

New match added for Greatest Royal Rumble:

Rusev vs. Undertaker, in a casket match. That's random.
Also, Jericho announced for the Rumble match.

Just been changed - will be Jericho in the Casket match with Taker.
Peter-Michael Watkins
(Skupina Amateur - 28)

Země:
Německo 
Certifikované: 
Starý příspěvek #2984 přispěno 27 Duben 2018, 19:28:34 Citovat 
I know its an old topic but i think its the best place to say one thing: I have never heard a Chris Jericho promo with absolutely no emotions. I do hope the crowd will atleast reacted when the winner of the Rumble stands in the end...
Greg Tierney
(Skupina Pro - 12)

Země:
Spojené státy 
Certifikované: 
Starý příspěvek #2985 přispěno 27 Duben 2018, 19:33:55 (naposledy změněno 27 Duben 2018, 19:37:51 od Greg Tierney) Citovat 
Quote ( Peter-Michael Watkins @ April 27th 2018,19:28:34 )

have never heard a Chris Jericho promo with absolutely no emotions.

The panel and interviews mid-show were all during prayer time (Muslim Isha evening prayer)-- you could hear the call to prayer in the background when they first went to the panel. I doubt they actually showed the interview in the stadium.
Peter-Michael Watkins
(Skupina Amateur - 28)

Země:
Německo 
Certifikované: 
Starý příspěvek #2986 přispěno 27 Duben 2018, 19:42:33 Citovat 
Then to be perfectly honest: Why the matter? I mean i was a fun segment no doubt but i was nothing that special and just to give us a good time sounds strange but okay still hope the live crowd gets a bit more active cause i can not see an outburst by the front row royal family members.
Greg Tierney
(Skupina Pro - 12)

Země:
Spojené státy 
Certifikované: 
Starý příspěvek #2987 přispěno 21 Květen 2018, 19:27:02 (naposledy změněno 21 Květen 2018, 19:30:26 od Greg Tierney) Citovat 
SmackDown is moving to network TV on FOX here in the US (a big deal for money/ratings) and will be on Friday nights starting in October 2019: http://www.espn.com/wwe/story/_/id/23562745/fox-reaches-agre...

Lots of money in that deal, I'm sure -- I'll be curious to see how much. But from a wrestling standpoint, it will be interesting to see which show becomes the headlining show, given that Smackdown will have much wider distribution and probably better ratings in the US (just by default of being on a network). Gotta guess that this is the complete end of the brand split, as neither company will want to have the "inferior show".

Also, I'll be curious to see if the "SmackDown after Mania" becomes the "SmackDown before Mania" -- would be quite the show to have the Mania crowd already in there.
Kevin Parkinson
(Skupina Retired)

GPRO tým
  Země:
Skotsko 
Certifikované: 
Starý příspěvek #2988 přispěno 21 Květen 2018, 19:44:31 Citovat 
When is the current Raw TV deal up though?
Greg Tierney
(Skupina Pro - 12)

Země:
Spojené státy 
Certifikované: 
Starý příspěvek #2989 přispěno 21 Květen 2018, 19:55:13 (naposledy změněno 21 Květen 2018, 20:02:34 od Greg Tierney) Citovat 
Quote ( Kevin Parkinson @ May 21st 2018,19:44:31 )

When is the current Raw TV deal up though?

Short Answer: The same time, Raw is staying.

Long Answer: Both deals expire at the same time, but WWE decided to shop Raw and Smackdown separately to the networks, and NBC Universal (who owns USA, the current channel where both shows air) had right to match any other offer for WWE programming. NBC Universal decided to focus on Raw only, and have kept that for the next deal. However, FOX made a big enough offer for SmackDown that NBC didn't want to match, and so the shows will be split.

EDIT: Deal with Fox for SmackDown only is 5 years, $1 billion. WOW. (For reference, the new Raw deal is rumored at more than $400 million/year.)
Christopher Batchlor
(Skupina Rookie - 139)

Země:
Spojené státy 
Certifikované: 
Starý příspěvek #2990 přispěno 22 Květen 2018, 06:12:45 Citovat 
Friday, huh?

The only question is, which channel will it go on? The main Fox channel would reach the most viewers, but some viewers receive it over the air (broadcast towers) which can be affected by adverse weather.

If it is on FS1, FS2, or FS3 then it becomes a matter of which package the potential viewer can afford.

It seems more likely that they'll have it either on Fox or FS1 (Fox Sporrs 1)
Greg Tierney
(Skupina Pro - 12)

Země:
Spojené státy 
Certifikované: 
Starý příspěvek #2991 přispěno 22 Květen 2018, 16:15:49 (naposledy změněno 22 Květen 2018, 16:16:20 od Greg Tierney) Citovat 
Quote ( Christopher Batchlor @ May 22nd 2018,06:12:45 )

The only question is, which channel will it go on?

Everything I've seen has indicated it will be on the main Fox channel, with a possible replay on Saturdays(?) on FS1. They paid a lot for it, so they want as many eyeballs on it as possible so they can charge the highest ad rates -- which means it's going to the network.

Also, it will be live, with a tape delay for the West Coast (of the US).
Christopher Batchlor
(Skupina Rookie - 139)

Země:
Spojené státy 
Certifikované: 
Starý příspěvek #2992 přispěno 22 Květen 2018, 17:00:11 (naposledy změněno 22 Květen 2018, 17:19:38 od Christopher Batchlor) Citovat 
Well, that's good for me.

One thing that I do know/assume is that it's gonna be a pain for those who live on the west coast. Some people at this one website engage in live discussions whenever SD or RAW is on. Add in that the WWE absolutely love social media to the point of being profanely explicit, and some people would need to abstain from social media (a big ask in of itself for any amount of time) until it airs.

This is the part I don't like. They can't move the start time an hour back (to 9pm) without either cutting it to a single hour (makes the new deal pointless) or axing 10pm newscasts (local stations won't likely bigger budge) neither of which are good options. And it's not like the time machine will go back 10 years and smackdown will be taped for all, let alone any. As it stands now west coast viewers will still only see it at 5 in the afternoon. But it has been like that for a while though.

I'm glad that the WWE got their new deal, I really am. And there's bound to be good things from it. But there's problems that, logistically need sorting out. Good news about that though, is that there is a smidge over a year to get things sorted out by people who are more qualified to iron out any wrinkles that may arise out of the placement of their more established newscast.
Kevin Parkinson
(Skupina Retired)

GPRO tým
  Země:
Skotsko 
Certifikované: 
Starý příspěvek #2993 přispěno 22 Květen 2018, 22:32:47 Citovat 
Quote ( Christopher Batchlor @ May 22nd 2018,17:00:11 )

One thing that I do know/assume is that it's gonna be a pain for those who live on the west coast. Some people at this one website engage in live discussions whenever SD or RAW is on. Add in that the WWE absolutely love social media to the point of being profanely explicit, and some people would need to abstain from social media (a big ask in of itself for any amount of time) until it airs.

Welcome to how the rest of the world feel :)

Raw and SD start at 1am in the morning almost every week of the year when viewing in the UK (there are a few weeks where it is midnight due to the time we change our clocks being a few weeks apart).

Be it WWE, UFC or any other sporting event, if you're not staying up to watch it live (which is unusual, apart from the big PPVs, especially for WWE due to it being Sunday night/Monday morning here), then you just avoid social media until you watch it or you risk being spoiled.

Happened just last week to be fair, when Raw and Smackdown Live were not actually live at all as the were on delay due to being filmed in the UK. Obviously the spoilers wouldn't have been as prominent as it hadn't aired on TV, but still best to avoid social media in the time between it happening and you watching it if you want to avoid stuff altogether.

I actually blocked notifications from the WWE app cause they partly spoiled things last year during UK filming (but before it had aired).
Kevin Parkinson
(Skupina Rookie - 150)

GPRO tým
  Země:
Skotsko 
Certifikované: 
Starý příspěvek #2994 přispěno 2 Duben 2021, 19:12:43 Citovat 
Almost three years since a post in here, and this seems an appropriate thing to break the silence.

Is this one of the biggest OMG moments in recent memory?? Who saw this coming?

https://twitter.com/WWENetwork/status/1378014457469763584?s=20
Zé Pedro Paula
(Skupina Amateur - 16)

Země:
Mosambik 
Certifikované: 
Starý příspěvek #2995 přispěno 2 Duben 2021, 21:57:59 Citovat 
Is Undertaker in?
James Keeble
(Skupina Rookie - 83)

Země:
Anglie 
Certifikované: 
Starý příspěvek #2996 přispěno 2 Duben 2021, 22:26:37 Citovat 
you cant see me!
Strana « 1 2 3 ... 98 99 [100 Rychlé přejít na stránku:
Grand Prix Racing Online Fórum > Other sports forum > General Pro Wrestling thread Přidat toto téma do svého seznamu ignorovaných Přidat toto téma do svého seznamu sledovaných

Odpovědět na toto téma