Strana « 1 2 3 ... 41 [4243 ... 191 192 193 » Rychlé přejít na stránku:
Autor Téma: Suggestions 5783 odpovědí
Kshitij Sharma
(Skupina Amateur - 11)

Země:
Indie 
Certifikované: 
Příspěvek se mně líbí (0)   Příspěvek se mně nelíbí (1)
Starý příspěvek #1231 přispěno 4 Červenec 2015, 14:33:45 (naposledy změněno 4 Červenec 2015, 14:41:56 od Kshitij Sharma) Citovat 
Different temps maybe

for newbies for their first appearance on a track
Andrei Ciuchi
(Skupina Retired)

GPRO tým
  Země:
Rumunsko 
Certifikované: 
Příspěvek se mně líbí (0)   Příspěvek se mně nelíbí (0)
Starý příspěvek #1232 přispěno 4 Červenec 2015, 14:40:30 Citovat 
And that doesn't really change the equation much, does it?
Stuart Foster
(Skupina Rookie - 25)

Země:
Anglie 
Certifikované: 
Starý příspěvek #1233 přispěno 4 Červenec 2015, 14:44:58 (naposledy změněno 4 Červenec 2015, 14:45:28 od Stuart Foster) Citovat 
Quote ( Andrei Ciuchi @ July 4th 2015,14:29:36 )

That might make it too easy to make up the strategy. At least that's what I believe it will happen, if I understood that correctly.

I agree....Though it could be an interesting thing for rookie level perhaps...so new players can develop some faster learning...I'd not be against that, but would be against it for all other levels.
Andrei Ciuchi
(Skupina Retired)

GPRO tým
  Země:
Rumunsko 
Certifikované: 
Starý příspěvek #1234 přispěno 4 Červenec 2015, 17:03:23 Citovat 
Quote ( Kshitij Sharma @ July 4th 2015,14:33:45 )

for newbies for their first appearance on a track

Nice of you to edit the post without mentioning it after I had already replied. :P

Quote ( Stuart Foster @ July 4th 2015,14:44:58 )

Though it could be an interesting thing for rookie level perhaps...so new players can develop some faster learning...I'd not be against that, but would be against it for all other levels.

Maybe ... not sure. It might have other players complain that they didn't get the same treatment when they were rookies.
Stuart Foster
(Skupina Rookie - 25)

Země:
Anglie 
Certifikované: 
Starý příspěvek #1235 přispěno 4 Červenec 2015, 17:31:38 (naposledy změněno 4 Červenec 2015, 17:35:07 od Stuart Foster) Citovat 
Well...sometimes its about being in the right or wrong place at a certain time I guess, luck is a part of the game. All I know is it's time to move forward and not just be stuck in the cycle and with us producing the same rhetoric for players to not learn any faster than 'We' might have 4 or 5 years ago.

Anyway, there weren't all these tools back then that can easily be found now compared to that time, so encouraging players to learn rather than simply become frustrated and then for them to be more easily led astray to trust the tools that are widely available with a google search or two.....I'd see it as a positive step to get new players to learn more about the game and for them to keep learning and stay interested in it. Because using tools is most certainly a fast track to not being interested or as connected with the game as you can by learning and experiencing things in the proper way.

It's certainly a negative thing for them to be frustrated at learning slowly and they can't be blamed for going off and (having a perception whereby) using such tools to aid the speeding up of their learning/chances in the game.. it's a fact that people want to get everywhere faster in life than they used to...people don't want to wait weeks/seasons to 'get it'. Sure, maybe they should be more patient...but times change and sometimes things have to change and be flexed. The game certainly cannot grow by sticking to the same old principles....even i realise that and I'm pretty old fashioned!
Andrei Ciuchi
(Skupina Retired)

GPRO tým
  Země:
Rumunsko 
Certifikované: 
Starý příspěvek #1236 přispěno 4 Červenec 2015, 17:36:40 (naposledy změněno 4 Červenec 2015, 17:38:38 od Andrei Ciuchi) Citovat 
It is a good starting point, yes.

This should apply however for the first full season in Rookie. Not go up in Amateur, see that there's no assistance with the testing, go back down to get more free data.

Stuart Foster
(Skupina Rookie - 25)

Země:
Anglie 
Certifikované: 
Starý příspěvek #1237 přispěno 4 Červenec 2015, 17:39:51 (naposledy změněno 4 Červenec 2015, 17:44:06 od Stuart Foster) Citovat 
Agreed. I would say that the option to test an additional 100 test laps on the next race circuit should be available to everyone that has not been promoted to amateur. So, all experienced players who relegated to rookie would most certainly not get the extra benefit.

The first few races and first season is the key thing to getting a player hooked into the game...so what is the harm in giving them more learning chances at their disposal? TBH, if it improved the ability to keep players in the game, maybe give them limitless testing? Ok, maybe that's dangerous, but you get the idea...the key thing MUST be for the player to keep learning in the early seasons of his career. Waiting weeks and seasons on end is an absolute turn off for a portion of the market that GPRO struggles to tap into or gain interest from. So yeah, encouraging those casual players to experience more is a good thing in my view.
Andrei Ciuchi
(Skupina Retired)

GPRO tým
  Země:
Rumunsko 
Certifikované: 
Příspěvek se mně líbí (1)   Příspěvek se mně nelíbí (0)
Starý příspěvek #1238 přispěno 4 Červenec 2015, 17:41:19 Citovat 
Quote ( Stuart Foster @ July 4th 2015,17:39:51 )

I would say that the option to test an additional 100 test laps on the next race circuit should be available to everyone that has not been promoted to amateur.

Mmm ... not really. Because some people might just sit in Rookie for a dozen seasons for free data and then go for promotion.
Stuart Foster
(Skupina Rookie - 25)

Země:
Anglie 
Certifikované: 
Starý příspěvek #1239 přispěno 4 Červenec 2015, 17:45:57 (naposledy změněno 4 Červenec 2015, 17:46:39 od Stuart Foster) Citovat 
Quote ( Andrei Ciuchi @ July 4th 2015,17:41:19 )

Because some people might just sit in Rookie for a dozen seasons for free data and then go for promotion.

and then what? There's still plenty for them to learn apart from tyre, setup and fuel data. The new player isn't thinking he wants to sit in rookie, he wants to make progress as quickly as possible. There arn't many players who would join and have the intention to stick in rookie for 12 seasons. Most would be suicidal by that point anyway as the level of competition is just pants compared to all other levels of the game.
Andrei Ciuchi
(Skupina Retired)

GPRO tým
  Země:
Rumunsko 
Certifikované: 
Starý příspěvek #1240 přispěno 4 Červenec 2015, 17:48:06 Citovat 
Quote ( Stuart Foster @ July 4th 2015,17:39:51 )

if it improved the ability to keep players in the game, maybe give them limitless testing?

That's pushing it, mate. :)

Quote ( Stuart Foster @ July 4th 2015,17:45:57 )

and then what? There's still plenty for them to learn apart from tyre, setup and fuel data. The new player isn't thinking he wants to sit in rookie, he wants to make progress as quickly as possible. There arn't many players who would join and have the intention to stick in rookie for 12 seasons. Most would be suicidal by that point anyway as the level of competition is just pants compared to all other levels of the game.

So you think nobody would use this as a loophole? Well, if you say so ... :)
Stuart Foster
(Skupina Rookie - 25)

Země:
Anglie 
Certifikované: 
Starý příspěvek #1241 přispěno 4 Červenec 2015, 17:51:41 (naposledy změněno 4 Červenec 2015, 17:52:52 od Stuart Foster) Citovat 
Quote ( Andrei Ciuchi @ July 4th 2015,17:48:06 )

So you think nobody would use this as a loophole? Well, if you say so ... :)

I didn't say nobody would ;) You might get the odd person doing that, but they are not getting anywhere fast by doing it. Maybe it could be capped at 5 seasons (one year of play) to have additional testing options available. I think that's reasonable, but the truth is that most players decision on where they are going with the game and whether to keep playing is decided within a season, if not a race or three.
Andrei Ciuchi
(Skupina Retired)

GPRO tým
  Země:
Rumunsko 
Certifikované: 
Starý příspěvek #1242 přispěno 4 Červenec 2015, 17:53:34 Citovat 
Quote ( Stuart Foster @ July 4th 2015,17:51:41 )

Maybe it could be capped at 5 seasons

That's more reasonable.
Stuart Foster
(Skupina Rookie - 25)

Země:
Anglie 
Certifikované: 
Příspěvek se mně líbí (1)   Příspěvek se mně nelíbí (1)
Starý příspěvek #1243 přispěno 4 Červenec 2015, 17:56:25 Citovat 
The first season could be limitless testing though, as that is the critical point in getting a player hooked into it. I don't see a harm in that...

but anyway, these posts won't be viewed, they won't lead to anything and in a few season's we'll still be talking about empty rookie groups, poor retention of players and such. I'm not really sure why I'm bothering to waste my breath! :)
Andrei Ciuchi
(Skupina Retired)

GPRO tým
  Země:
Rumunsko 
Certifikované: 
Starý příspěvek #1244 přispěno 4 Červenec 2015, 18:03:26 Citovat 
Quote ( Stuart Foster @ July 4th 2015,17:56:25 )

The first season could be limitless testing though

That's still pushing it. :P
Kevin Parkinson
(Skupina Amateur - 120)

GPRO tým
  Země:
Skotsko 
Certifikované: 
Starý příspěvek #1245 přispěno 4 Červenec 2015, 18:07:35 (naposledy změněno 4 Červenec 2015, 18:08:04 od Kevin Parkinson) Citovat 
To try and give the impression that suggestion topics are not reviewed by admins is blatantly wrong (smiley or not) and saying such is inappropriate as can give those newer to the site the wrong impression with regard to making suggestions.

Suggestion topics are reviewed by admins, quite obviously, to be fair, as suggestions are implemented and suggestions are sometimes tagged for all to see.

Just because they don't reguarly comment on them and most won't get implemented does not mean they aren't considered. And some may not be seen as viable at one point but further discussion and development of an idea makes it more attractive, which is why admins commenting to say "no" to anything would be inappropriate.
Stuart Foster
(Skupina Rookie - 25)

Země:
Anglie 
Certifikované: 
Starý příspěvek #1246 přispěno 4 Červenec 2015, 18:21:55 Citovat 
So...it's better to say nothing than something. Great. I thought this was a forum? ;)
Andrei Ciuchi
(Skupina Retired)

GPRO tým
  Země:
Rumunsko 
Certifikované: 
Starý příspěvek #1247 přispěno 4 Červenec 2015, 18:24:34 Citovat 
What did I say again about 'pushing it'?

Quote ( Kevin Parkinson @ July 4th 2015,18:07:35 )

(smiley or not)
Stuart Foster
(Skupina Rookie - 25)

Země:
Anglie 
Certifikované: 
Starý příspěvek #1248 přispěno 4 Červenec 2015, 18:25:40 Citovat 
You said it would be pushing it to have a limitless season of testing....your point is? (without a smiley).
Kevin Parkinson
(Skupina Amateur - 120)

GPRO tým
  Země:
Skotsko 
Certifikované: 
Starý příspěvek #1249 přispěno 4 Červenec 2015, 18:27:06 (naposledy změněno 4 Červenec 2015, 18:27:26 od Kevin Parkinson) Citovat 
Quote ( Stuart Foster @ July 4th 2015,18:21:55 )

So...it's better to say nothing than something. Great. I thought this was a forum? ;)

And you've managed to lose me again. The reason for my response was to make the point that suggesting and discussing ideas is a good thing, quite the opposite of saying nothing!
Andrei Ciuchi
(Skupina Retired)

GPRO tým
  Země:
Rumunsko 
Certifikované: 
Starý příspěvek #1250 přispěno 4 Červenec 2015, 18:32:17 (naposledy změněno 4 Červenec 2015, 18:37:57 od Andrei Ciuchi) Citovat 
Quote ( Stuart Foster @ July 4th 2015,18:25:40 )

You said it would be pushing it to have a limitless season of testing....your point is? (without a smiley).

No, the meaning was 'don't push it'. It just happens to apply to this case too.

Kevin already stated this ... just because admins don't necessarily comment on these ideas, that doesn't mean we shouldn't talk about them or bring forward other ideas. Discussing ideas is definitely better than not discussing them.

So, absolutely, let's discuss ideas. Even if we don't hear any sort of feedback from the admins about them.
Stuart Foster
(Skupina Rookie - 25)

Země:
Anglie 
Certifikované: 
Starý příspěvek #1251 přispěno 4 Červenec 2015, 18:41:39 (naposledy změněno 4 Červenec 2015, 18:49:30 od Stuart Foster) Citovat 
Quote ( Kevin Parkinson @ July 4th 2015,18:27:06 )

And you've managed to lose me again. The reason for my response was to make the point that suggesting and discussing ideas is a good thing, quite the opposite of saying nothing!

Which is exactly why I have formed the kind of view that no action ever comes from a suggestion because, as your reply says in #1245...nothing ever gets commented on...it's utterly exasperating(!)

I'm not sure why you don't get that TBH and why it wouldn't look like nothing is happening when nothing is being said?!?! If you can just see it from my perspective - I don't see why I wouldn't have formed that view or why it is blatantly wrong to have it when, from my point of view, it's a reasonable impression to have formed...is it not? I guess I should thank you for the reassurance that it is not the case....lets come back in a few months and see what's changed then ;)

Quote ( Andrei Ciuchi @ July 4th 2015,18:32:17 )

No, the meaning was 'don't push it'. It just happens to apply to this case too.

Oh, ok, well, I had no idea what you were alluding to with that...so, meh, whatever :/ I'm perfectly capable of ranting without swearing and whilst staying within the rules (most of the time!).

Quote ( Andrei Ciuchi @ July 4th 2015,18:32:17 )

So, absolutely, let's discuss ideas. Even if we don't hear any sort of feedback from the admins about them.

Sure.

anyway, end of rant.... :|
Kevin Parkinson
(Skupina Amateur - 120)

GPRO tým
  Země:
Skotsko 
Certifikované: 
Starý příspěvek #1252 přispěno 4 Červenec 2015, 18:53:32 (naposledy změněno 4 Červenec 2015, 18:54:08 od Kevin Parkinson) Citovat 
But some ideas do get implemented. And as I mentioned in the other thread, you can see suggestion threads that admins have tagged. So, no, I don't think it's a "reasonable impression" for you to have formed.

Just because you think something should be implemented doesn't mean it will though. And, as I already said, admins may not think an idea is worth implementing but change their mind further down the line due to further discussion on it, so them stating they aren't going to implement something would supress such future discussion which isn't a good thing.

Yes, I see the advantage of admins being involved in discussions but on balance think it is generally better that they don't unless they have something to say. They simply don't have time to discuss every suggestion on the forum at length, and single posts just to say the don't like something is, as mentioned, detrimental.
Stuart Foster
(Skupina Rookie - 25)

Země:
Anglie 
Certifikované: 
Starý příspěvek #1253 přispěno 4 Červenec 2015, 18:57:49 (naposledy změněno 4 Červenec 2015, 19:02:12 od Stuart Foster) Citovat 
It would just be nice if once in a while they could just say "Yes, we do read the suggestions" even if they don't say "No" or "Yes" to idea...just a thought, y'know...you shouldn't have to speak for them! ;)

Anyway, on with the suggestions from others...
Nick Goodwin
(Skupina Amateur - 81)

Země:
Kanada 
Certifikované: 
Starý příspěvek #1254 přispěno 4 Červenec 2015, 21:30:55 (naposledy změněno 4 Červenec 2015, 21:31:17 od Nick Goodwin) Citovat 
Quote ( Stuart Foster @ July 4th 2015,17:56:25 )

but anyway, these posts won't be viewed, they won't lead to anything and in a few season's we'll still be talking about empty rookie groups, poor retention of players and such. I'm not really sure why I'm bothering to waste my breath! :)

I have exactly the same feeling as you and I think many managers gave up on reading or participating in the forum because of that.

Out of curiosity, why did you bother opening the new thread about an alternative scoring system? Given that you're against changing the scoring system, my assumption is that you felt safe in your conviction that nothing would be changed anyway. :)
Josh Clark
(Skupina Rookie - 35)

Země:
Anglie 
Certifikované: 
Příspěvek se mně líbí (0)   Příspěvek se mně nelíbí (3)
Starý příspěvek #1255 přispěno 4 Červenec 2015, 21:32:21 Citovat 
He was scared to have the debate in another thread in case it was classed as "off topic" like almost everything that's posted in anything but the off topic forums ;)
Ivan Silva
(Skupina Pro - 13)

Země:
Portugalsko 
Certifikované: 
Příspěvek se mně líbí (4)   Příspěvek se mně nelíbí (0)
Starý příspěvek #1256 přispěno 8 Červenec 2015, 04:06:39 (naposledy změněno 8 Červenec 2015, 04:07:28 od Ivan Silva) Citovat 
Quote ( Ivan Silva @ July 1st 2015,20:56:40 )

I think its about time to remind of an old suggestion that I think its about time we have it on the game... The idea is to hide tyre choices before qualify deadline at race 1 and hide qualify times before qualify deadline in all races...

At exactly 18:30:00 everything would be shown automaticly...

Bring the element of surprise back to GPRO!

First I would like to bump my previous post.

Second I would like to suggest another thing: in track details we could have information about tyre brand used when track records are set... Leave empty if it was the old tyre...
Branislav Hrnjak
(Skupina Master - 4)

Země:
Srbsko 
Certifikované: 
Příspěvek se mně líbí (3)   Příspěvek se mně nelíbí (8)
Starý příspěvek #1257 přispěno 9 Červenec 2015, 10:27:15 Citovat 
I suggest:

1. Weather conditions in the first race of the season to be approximately aligned with the average choice of tires from last season.
2. Weather conditions in the remaining 16 races to be approximately aligned with the average choice of tires in the same season

That would probably eliminate doubts about the regularity of competitions
Branislav Hrnjak
(Skupina Master - 4)

Země:
Srbsko 
Certifikované: 
Příspěvek se mně líbí (2)   Příspěvek se mně nelíbí (0)
Starý příspěvek #1258 přispěno 9 Červenec 2015, 10:38:59 Citovat 
I can only vote against supporters of irregularities. :-(
Tomek Kiełpiński
(Skupina Amateur - 72)

Země:
Polsko 
Certifikované: 
Příspěvek se mně líbí (2)   Příspěvek se mně nelíbí (2)
Starý příspěvek #1259 přispěno 9 Červenec 2015, 10:43:29 Citovat 
Quote ( Branislav Hrnjak @ July 9th 2015,10:27:15 )

1. Weather conditions in the first race of the season to be approximately aligned with the average choice of tires from last season.
2. Weather conditions in the remaining 16 races to be approximately aligned with the average choice of tires in the same season

The more persons will buy umbrellas, the bigger chance of the rain will be? Seriously? ;-)

Branislav Hrnjak
(Skupina Master - 4)

Země:
Srbsko 
Certifikované: 
Příspěvek se mně líbí (1)   Příspěvek se mně nelíbí (1)
Starý příspěvek #1260 přispěno 9 Červenec 2015, 10:53:48 (naposledy změněno 9 Červenec 2015, 11:03:05 od Branislav Hrnjak) Citovat 
Quote ( Tomek Kiełpiński @ July 9th 2015,10:43:29 )

Seriously?

More knowledge, less fortunate!

Weather conditions at the races do not come from God but from man. Man is sinful. It can determine the time to another man responds.

My suggestion goes in order of equality for all.
Strana « 1 2 3 ... 41 [4243 ... 191 192 193 » Rychlé přejít na stránku:

Odpovědět na toto téma