Display information box
Přihlaste se , abyste mohli volit nebo hlasovat
Autor Téma: Display information box 13 odpovědí
Joanth Duque
(Skupina Rookie - 153)

Země:
Venezuela 
Certifikované: 
Příspěvek se mně líbí (2)   Příspěvek se mně nelíbí (0)
Starý příspěvek #1 přispěno 8 Prosinec 2019, 19:09:38 Citovat 
Good morning, afternoons, evenings ... depending on the time you read the post.

First of all I apologize for my English since I am using google translator since this is not my mother tongue and if something is not understood I ask for a little understanding towards my person.

I have a suggestion that, although it does not contribute to improve the game in the mechanics I think it will contribute a lot in the visual, which is to be able to visualize the information box of the pilots that we selected and thus to be able to see the difference of speed, gear, ascent and braking with respect to ours.

I hope I have explained as simple as possible and that my idea pleases you.

Greetings and success, see you at Elite.
Florencia Caro
(Skupina Master - 4)

GPRO tým
  Země:
Argentina 
Certifikované: 
Příspěvek se mně líbí (1)   Příspěvek se mně nelíbí (0)
Starý příspěvek #2 přispěno 8 Prosinec 2019, 23:55:30 (naposledy změněno 8 Prosinec 2019, 23:57:24 od Florencia Caro) Citovat 
Can you provide an example, Joanth? I read that several times and I'm still clueless, no idea what data that is currently available is that you are referring to. Are you referring to the race interface?
Jasper Coosemans1
(Skupina Elite)

Země:
Belgie 
Certifikované: 
Příspěvek se mně líbí (6)   Příspěvek se mně nelíbí (0)
Starý příspěvek #3 přispěno 9 Prosinec 2019, 00:30:19 Citovat 
He means the live race viewer.

The idea has merit, but since this information is purely aesthetic and has no real meaning in terms of your actual performance, I'm not sure if adding more of it would be useful. It might lead new players to believe that the information does have value. So I'm not sure.
George Slater4
(Skupina Elite)

Země:
Kanada 
Certifikované: 
Příspěvek se mně líbí (8)   Příspěvek se mně nelíbí (1)
Starý příspěvek #4 přispěno 9 Prosinec 2019, 03:15:31 Citovat 
I agree with what Jasper says. My understanding of the live viewer is that it is only a graphical representation of the information already available on the classic race viewer, namely lap times and overtaking attempts. All the other information such as speed, gear, and throttle/brake inputs are made up by the race viewer and not reflective of what is actually happening in the GPRO race engine other than to match a certain laptime. By allowing comparison of apex speeds or speeds at the end of the straight, managers may try to take more information out of it than actually exists, perhaps thinking it's related to do with a certain driver or car characteristic when it actually has nothing to do with that. As such I see it as potentially unhelpful.
Joanth Duque
(Skupina Rookie - 153)

Země:
Venezuela 
Certifikované: 
Starý příspěvek #5 přispěno 9 Prosinec 2019, 18:00:59 (naposledy změněno 9 Prosinec 2019, 18:03:14 od Joanth Duque) Citovat 
Quote ( Florencia Caro @ December 8th 2019,23:55:30 )

Can you provide an example, Joanth? I read that several times and I'm still clueless, no idea what data that is currently available is that you are referring to. Are you referring to the race interface?

Hello, as you have commented, it is something purely aesthetic, and I thought it was understood when I said "it does not contribute to improve the game in the mechanics I think it will contribute a lot in the visual"

In my opinion and pleasure it is entertaining to compare against who you are competing. It is even more real to me, as when in the F1 channels they mount the comparison of two pilots who are fighting a position.

I leave here a link of an edition of how it could be seen:
https://ibb.co/zmkPq27
Tomek Kiełpiński
(Skupina Master - 1)

Země:
Polsko 
Certifikované: 
Příspěvek se mně líbí (0)   Příspěvek se mně nelíbí (0)
Starý příspěvek #6 přispěno 9 Prosinec 2019, 19:45:52 Citovat 
Much clearer now :-) And looks good :-)
Mikko Heikkinen
(Skupina Pro - 13)

Země:
Finsko 
Certifikované: 
Starý příspěvek #7 přispěno 9 Prosinec 2019, 20:01:57 Citovat 
Quote ( Joanth Duque @ December 9th 2019,18:00:59 )

It is even more real to me, as when in the F1 channels they mount the comparison of two pilots who are fighting a position.

Though you might consider that F1 in TV shows the race from another angle.

In there those "info screens" don't cover the screen, and they don't "flip-flop" from side to side.

Showing more than one info-box could very easily become quite distracting
Jasper Coosemans1
(Skupina Elite)

Země:
Belgie 
Certifikované: 
Starý příspěvek #8 přispěno 9 Prosinec 2019, 20:03:19 Citovat 
well, it's up to each user to choose if they find it too annoying or not.

As long as it's clear that the information is aesthetic, I guess it wouldn't hurt to add something like this.
Jean Chapados
(Skupina Pro - 11)

Země:
Kanada 
Certifikované: 
Starý příspěvek #9 přispěno 9 Prosinec 2019, 20:27:37 Citovat 
I think it will be nice if we can pick manually which car we want to follow.
Stefan Olofsson
(Skupina Amateur - 24)

Země:
Švédsko 
Certifikované: 
Starý příspěvek #10 přispěno 9 Prosinec 2019, 22:01:27 (naposledy změněno 9 Prosinec 2019, 22:05:48 od Stefan Olofsson) Citovat 
Quote ( Jean Chapados @ December 9th 2019,20:27:37 )

You can by opening the Gaps tab and clicking on the managers race position number.

Quote ( Mikko Heikkinen @ December 9th 2019,20:01:57 )

In there those "info screens" don't cover the screen, and they don't "flip-flop" from side to side.

I would like to have an option of following a car without having the info showing. If I deselect the car the camera stays stationary.
Joanth Duque
(Skupina Rookie - 153)

Země:
Venezuela 
Certifikované: 
Starý příspěvek #11 přispěno 10 Prosinec 2019, 11:51:23 Citovat 
Quote ( Mikko Heikkinen @ December 9th 2019,20:01:57 )

Though you might consider that F1 in TV shows the race from another angle

I speak especially when they put onboard screens that show the tachometer and see how fast each pilot goes. (Of course here it will be something purely aesthetic and for entertainment)

Quote ( Jean Chapados @ December 9th 2019,20:27:37 )

That is the idea, not that they show everyone's information, just the one you want to see
Mikko Heikkinen
(Skupina Pro - 13)

Země:
Finsko 
Certifikované: 
Starý příspěvek #12 přispěno 10 Prosinec 2019, 13:10:43 (naposledy změněno 10 Prosinec 2019, 13:13:29 od Mikko Heikkinen) Citovat 
Quote ( Joanth Duque @ December 10th 2019,11:51:23 )

I speak especially when they put onboard screens that show the tachometer and see how fast each pilot goes.

Which was kind'a my point, the point-of-view is different. In the on-board screen it's static, where as in GPRO the cars move around the screen and the info-box also moves around. It can become quite distracting.

that said...

Quote ( Joanth Duque @ December 10th 2019,11:51:23 )

That is the idea, not that they show everyone's information, just the one you want to see

If the default is off, and if there is a way to select in a way which doesn't conflict with the current selections, then why not :)

For example: Currently you can select a more discreet "follow" for other cars by clicking the manager name. IF the info-box is NOT connected to that but instead to some other selector, then it could be good.

a few possible solutions:
- Additional checkbox (doesn't take much space) similar to show/hide cars
- connect to tyre manufacturer, Nat flat or Laps count (info-box on/off by clicking, default off)

Robin Goodey
(Skupina Master - 2)

Země:
Anglie 
Certifikované: 
Příspěvek se mně líbí (3)   Příspěvek se mně nelíbí (0)
Starý příspěvek #13 přispěno 10 Prosinec 2019, 13:56:00 Citovat 
As a related (but effectively opposite) suggestion - can we have an option to get rid of the gear / speed / revs section of the box completely (for ourselves and everyone else)

Given it is completely cosmetic and has no effect / meaning, all I want to see is my last lap time and fastest lap in that box - removing the 'circles' would make the box smaller, and less 'in the way'....
Mark Pinnick
(Skupina Amateur - 66)

Země:
Anglie 
Certifikované: 
Starý příspěvek #14 přispěno 10 Prosinec 2019, 14:29:55 Citovat 
The option to turn the box off completely would be nice; if lap time was added to the top banner somewhere, the "box" would hold no useful information not already on screen.
Strana [1

Odpovědět na toto téma