Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > General forum > A general GPRO team discussion thread Füge dieses Thema Deiner Blockierliste zu Füge dieses Thema Deinen Favoriten zu
Seite « 1 2 3 ... 638 [639640 ... 1017 1018 1019 » Schneller Sprung auf Seite:
Autor Thema: A general GPRO team discussion thread 30567 Antworten
Kuba Szajbel
(Gruppe Pro - 8)

Einträge: 4230
  Land:
Polen 
Zertifiziert: 
Gefällt mir (0)   Gefällt mir nicht (0)
Alter Eintrag #19137 geschrieben Okt 6 2013, 01:55:05 Zitat 
Team standings is important part of the game and golden cup next to your team's name is the icing on the cake is you're committed team member. Maybe it is not displayed in your profile page (IMO - should be) but most of active players will recognize you thanks to your membership in champion team, look Midlands last season. Therefore, I am far from calling people who are ready to sacriface or slow down their careers in order to achieve this goal stupid. Like Mario said it's everyone's right to play the game the way they want. But... Going -50m on debt and exchanging players is exploiting loopholes and not entirely fair towards other teams with the same goal but more "humane" ;) methods
Stuart Foster
(Gruppe Pro - 5)

Einträge: 12459
  Land:
England 
Zertifiziert: 
Alter Eintrag #19138 geschrieben Okt 6 2013, 01:59:17 Zitat 
Quote ( Kuba Szajbel @ October 6th 2013,01:55:05 )

but most of active players will recognize you thanks to your membership in champion team, look Midlands last season

they recognize it at least if the members are still together...else they are just a faceless team with no identity. why would a committed team member help win a title and then leave the team? 2 in fact.
Kuba Szajbel
(Gruppe Pro - 8)

Einträge: 4230
  Land:
Polen 
Zertifiziert: 
Gefällt mir (3)   Gefällt mir nicht (0)
Alter Eintrag #19139 geschrieben Okt 6 2013, 02:38:28 (letzte Änderung Okt 6 2013, 02:54:55 von Kuba Szajbel) Zitat 
Of course, that's why even though I admire their zealous desire to win I think the method they just implemented plays against fair play spirit. Not only towards others but also former team members (despite they prolly accept it and knew they will be abandoned from the very beginning)

I don't mean to offend you Midlands. I think you did great job last season, I respected your expensive tyre picks in this one and honestly wanted you to win against Edifice ;-) But you've got to understand that for vast majority of us it is unwritten rule that team consists of up to 10 managers and either you win or lose but you do it together...In fact only with this interpretation Team Standings chart makes sense
Victor Kamennov
(Gruppe Master - 1)

Einträge: 712
  Land:
Russland 
Zertifiziert: 
Gefällt mir (1)   Gefällt mir nicht (1)
Alter Eintrag #19140 geschrieben Okt 6 2013, 07:52:53 Zitat 
I read your comments, in some sentences even have a meaning...Almost everyone is talking about our unsporting behaviour. You have to think, because in the real F1 is not allowed to change the pilot of the team during the season. Is it possible to call unsporting behaviour? Or if a person has problems in his family, he can't ask for replacement in the team?
Kevin Parkinson
(Gruppe Amateur - 72)

GPRO Team
Einträge: 14356
  Land:
Schottland 
Zertifiziert: 
Gefällt mir (2)   Gefällt mir nicht (0)
Alter Eintrag #19141 geschrieben Okt 6 2013, 09:00:36 Zitat 
Quote ( Victor Kamennov @ October 6th 2013,07:52:53 )

r if a person has problems in his family, he can't ask for replacement in the team?

What is the relevance of this? It was already claimed thay you knew exactly who and when the swaps would happen even before the season started. They'd been planned all along, apparently.

You can discuss how fair or sporting it is, or isn't, to play in such a way, but your questions are nothing to do with that so I see no point in them, other than trying to justify a questionable action with a false reason.
Jaime Elizondo
(Gruppe Pro - 16)

Einträge: 1457
  Land:
Mexiko 
Zertifiziert: 
Alter Eintrag #19142 geschrieben Okt 6 2013, 09:06:00 (letzte Änderung Okt 6 2013, 09:06:14 von Jaime Elizondo) Zitat 
Quote ( Victor Kamennov @ October 6th 2013,07:52:53 )

because in the real F1 is not allowed to change the pilot of the team during the season. Is it possible to call unsporting behaviour? Or if a person has problems in his family, he can't ask for replacement in the team?

I don't see the relevance or point for you saying of this, Is gpro F1? Do Midland changes are due to family problems?
Jimmy De Roy
(Gruppe Master - 3)

Einträge: 9105
  Land:
Belgien 
Zertifiziert: 
Alter Eintrag #19143 geschrieben Okt 6 2013, 09:09:24 (letzte Änderung Okt 6 2013, 09:09:51 von Jimmy De Roy) Zitat 
Quote ( Jaime Elizondo @ October 6th 2013,09:06:00 )

Is gpro F1?

NO

Quote ( Jaime Elizondo @ October 6th 2013,09:06:00 )

Do Midland changes are due to family problems?

Probably yes. At least the Alex change
Pauli Käkelä
(Gruppe Master - 4)

Einträge: 2604
  Land:
Finnland 
Zertifiziert: 
Gefällt mir (1)   Gefällt mir nicht (2)
Alter Eintrag #19144 geschrieben Okt 6 2013, 09:48:37 Zitat 
Quote ( Kuba Szajbel @ October 6th 2013,01:55:05 )

Therefore, I am far from calling people who are ready to sacriface or slow down their careers in order to achieve this goal stupid. Like Mario said it's everyone's right to play the game the way they want. But... Going -50m on debt and exchanging players is exploiting loopholes and not entirely fair towards other teams with the same goal but more "humane" ;) methods
Stupid is still the first word I can think of in this case.

For the people against that word, feel free to replace it with one of these:

Airheaded, birdbrained, bonehead, boneheaded, brain-dead, brainless, bubbleheaded, chuckleheaded, dense, dim, dim-witted, doltish, dopey (also dopy), dorky [slang], dull, dumb, dunderheaded, empty-headed, fatuous, gormless [chiefly British], half-witted, knuckleheaded, lamebrain (or lamebrained), lunkheaded, mindless, oafish, obtuse, opaque, pinheaded, senseless, simple, slow, slow-witted, soft, softheaded, thick, thickheaded, thick-witted, unintelligent, unsmart, vacuous, weak-minded, witless, cretinous, feebleminded, simpleminded; boobish, foolish, idiotic (also idiotical), imbecile (or imbecilic), moronic; ignorant, illiterate, lowbrow, uneducated, uninformed, unintellectual, untaught, unthinking; absurd, asinine, balmy, cockeyed, crackpot, crazy, cuckoo, daffy, daft, dippy, dotty, featherheaded, fool, half-baked, harebrained, insane, kooky (also kookie), loony (also looney), lunatic, mad, nonsensical, nutty, preposterous, sappy, screwball, silly, tomfool, unwise, wacky (also whacky), zany; fallacious, illogical, invalid, irrational.

Dimas Rocker
(Gruppe Rookie - 404)

Einträge: 71
  Land:
Russland 
Zertifiziert: 
Gefällt mir (5)   Gefällt mir nicht (2)
Alter Eintrag #19145 geschrieben Okt 6 2013, 09:52:13 Zitat 
"careers" in browser game? are you kidding me?
Mattias Svensson
(Gruppe Master - 3)

Einträge: 2510
  Land:
Schweden 
Zertifiziert: 
Gefällt mir (1)   Gefällt mir nicht (0)
Alter Eintrag #19146 geschrieben Okt 6 2013, 10:33:43 Zitat 
To be succesful in this browser game you need a lot of time and some carreer thinking imo.
Michael Winkley
(Gruppe Elite)

Einträge: 33335
  Land:
Wales 
Zertifiziert: 
Alter Eintrag #19147 geschrieben Okt 6 2013, 10:34:01 Zitat 
Live and let live.
Mark Webster
(Gruppe Pro - 17)

Einträge: 10727
  Land:
Schottland 
Zertifiziert: 
Gefällt mir (4)   Gefällt mir nicht (4)
Alter Eintrag #19148 geschrieben Okt 6 2013, 10:37:36 (letzte Änderung Okt 6 2013, 12:12:06 von Michael Winkley) Zitat 
*content removed*

edit: too politically inflammatory...you know better. ;)
Max Watson
(Gruppe Amateur - 52)

Einträge: 5184
  Land:
England 
Zertifiziert: 
Alter Eintrag #19149 geschrieben Okt 6 2013, 11:43:46 (letzte Änderung Okt 6 2013, 11:43:57 von Max Watson) Zitat 
Perhaps a touch political, Webbo.

Let's just all congratulate Nuvolari on winning the team championship =]
Mark Webster
(Gruppe Pro - 17)

Land:
Schottland 
Zertifiziert: 
Gefällt mir (2)   Gefällt mir nicht (6)
Alter Eintrag #19150 geschrieben Okt 6 2013, 11:47:43 Zitat 
I just hope Becnel reads it, takes the shotgun off his wall and goes on a spree in rage.
Michael Winkley
(Gruppe Elite)

Land:
Wales 
Zertifiziert: 
Gefällt mir (2)   Gefällt mir nicht (1)
Alter Eintrag #19151 geschrieben Okt 6 2013, 12:10:45 Zitat 
Quote ( Mark Webster @ October 6th 2013,11:47:43 )

I just hope Becnel reads it, takes the shotgun off his wall and goes on a spree in rage.

TBH, its better if I just delete it before sees it; wouldn't want to trigger another needless ban. ;)
Paul Hughes
(Gruppe Amateur - 88)

Einträge: 862
  Land:
England 
Zertifiziert: 
Gefällt mir (2)   Gefällt mir nicht (2)
Alter Eintrag #19152 geschrieben Okt 6 2013, 13:16:44 Zitat 
Quote ( Mark Webster @ October 6th 2013,11:47:43 )

Dang !!! You went there...Yeeeeeehahhhh! :D
Mark Webster
(Gruppe Pro - 17)

Land:
Schottland 
Zertifiziert: 
Gefällt mir (1)   Gefällt mir nicht (4)
Alter Eintrag #19153 geschrieben Okt 6 2013, 13:41:13 Zitat 
Yee-haw!
Nuno Vicente
(Gruppe Pro - 3)

Einträge: 4054
  Land:
Portugal 
Zertifiziert: 
Gefällt mir (13)   Gefällt mir nicht (1)
Alter Eintrag #19154 geschrieben Okt 6 2013, 17:06:54 Zitat 
Victor, i guess the more you try to justify yourself, the more you are criticized by the way Midland are playing.

You aren´t the first playing this way, and will not be last ones.

there are diferent kind of teams, and it´s up to the managers decide the rules.

I confess that I admire your delivery to the team, there is no role for you individually, sacrifice unconditionally by the success of the team, something quite unselfish.

I admit that i wouldn´t be able to play that way.....because im convinced that the team does not exist without me, or I'm too conceited or convinced to give up my place even if it can help the team.....however, it isn´t because I can´t or not want to play the same way as you, that I will criticize.

Congratz for the strategy....and good luck with the second trophy!

Pedro Almeida
(Gruppe Pro - 14)

Einträge: 5000
  Land:
Portugal 
Zertifiziert: 
Alter Eintrag #19155 geschrieben Okt 7 2013, 03:32:24 Zitat 
Quote ( Nuno Vicente @ October 6th 2013,17:06:54 )

because im convinced that the team does not exist without me, or I'm too conceited or convinced to give up my place even if it can help the team

Awesome words BOSS!
Michael Keeney
(Gruppe Master - 3)

Einträge: 13519
  Land:
England 
Zertifiziert: 
Alter Eintrag #19156 geschrieben Okt 7 2013, 18:22:01 Zitat 
Slap that dude a beer. He talks sense.
Michael Winkley
(Gruppe Elite)

Land:
Wales 
Zertifiziert: 
Alter Eintrag #19157 geschrieben Okt 7 2013, 18:35:10 Zitat 
I still owe him a crate from last season. ;p
Keri Lovell
(Gruppe Rookie - 201)

Einträge: 10072
  Land:
Wales 
Zertifiziert: 
Gefällt mir (13)   Gefällt mir nicht (0)
Alter Eintrag #19158 geschrieben Okt 8 2013, 00:10:53 Zitat 
My two penneth is how you want to be known winning the title.

Midland aren't breaking any rules, in fact they have sidestepped a rule that was put in place because of Supernova and still managed to do well, for that I have to respect them.

But doesn't it boil down to who cares in the end? For me I would say it does.

For example, teams like Tigers, Whiskey and Cigars, Edifice, etc have all done it through one team, and working hard together, taking the good times and the bad and when they have won the title you can do nothing but applaud that.

Supernova won some titles, I dont even remember when, simply because of the way they did it.

I'd much rather be in a team like Versant, Scirocco or Timeless that even though havent won a title yet, havent gone for teh team hopping option just to win one.

Im in a family team now but each team is a separate entity and none of this will ever happen, particularly at a vital stage of the season just for extra points to win it.

For me, anyone who wins something on this game in a fair manner holds ten times the weight as rule bending teams, as those teams are so easily forgotten.
Rafal Celejewski
(Gruppe Master - 2)

Einträge: 5394
  Land:
Polen 
Zertifiziert: 
Gefällt mir (0)   Gefällt mir nicht (1)
Alter Eintrag #19159 geschrieben Okt 8 2013, 00:25:58 Zitat 
Quote ( Keri Lovell @ October 8th 2013,00:10:53 )

Supernova won some titles

who ?
:D

to be serious, cup is always cup, there isn't any annotation "won by shuffling" or something, but this is not the way how to win it in real competition spirit IMO.
Paul Bright
(Gruppe Amateur - 80)

Einträge: 2113
  Land:
Schottland 
Zertifiziert: 
Alter Eintrag #19160 geschrieben Okt 8 2013, 00:36:38 Zitat 

For me, anyone who wins something on this game in a fair manner holds ten times the weight as rule bending teams

If it's not breaking any rules, anyone can organise themselves to do it so it is still 'fair'....whether it's 'gentlemanly' or honourable is a different matter!
Michael Pollard
(Gruppe Amateur - 37)

Einträge: 7648
  Land:
England 
Zertifiziert: 
Alter Eintrag #19161 geschrieben Okt 8 2013, 00:40:17 Zitat 
Exploiting gaps in the rules always leads to success. It's the smart thing to do really...
Andrea Squizzato1
(Gruppe Pro - 2)

Einträge: 3594
  Land:
Italien 
Zertifiziert: 
Gefällt mir (6)   Gefällt mir nicht (0)
Alter Eintrag #19162 geschrieben Okt 8 2013, 01:11:43 Zitat 
My opinion is that Midland did a good job by achieving what they wanted. They planned to win the title and they did it (twice in a row, this season? we'll see..).

With 30 players in a team you can organize your subteams by coordinating promotion seasons and long term plans, like Marco explained. Or you could pick best Amateur players and put them in the main team when needed, like Midland did.

But after all, it's just a matter of objectives. Those who have 20/30 players inside their family have either no good planning abilities, if they are trying to win the team title, or they do not care about being competitive in team standings.

Just check the current Top 3 and you'll notice that each team has quite different goals, approach and number of total members.

There is no "good" or "bad" way of playing the game. Enjoy the way you like, celebrate your wins and your achieved goals :)
Michael Winkley
(Gruppe Elite)

Land:
Wales 
Zertifiziert: 
Alter Eintrag #19163 geschrieben Okt 8 2013, 02:23:36 Zitat 
Lets be honest about this; we're more likely to achieve success through our teams than we are to achieve it individually, so in that respect I applaud any team that has been fortunate enough to have found themselves in a position to even compete for the Team Championship, just like I would applaud any manager that has made it up to Elite. That being said, its more of an achievement to win it whilst competing at the top end individually.
Robert Jones
(Gruppe Amateur - 93)

Einträge: 254
  Land:
Vereinigte Staaten 
Zertifiziert: 
Alter Eintrag #19164 geschrieben Okt 8 2013, 03:39:27 (letzte Änderung Okt 8 2013, 03:57:21 von Robert Jones) Zitat 
Quote ( Michael Winkley @ October 8th 2013,02:23:36 )

Lets be honest about this; we're more likely to achieve success through our teams than we are to achieve it individually, so in that respect I applaud any team that has been fortunate enough to have found themselves in a position to even compete for the Team Championship, just like I would applaud any manager that has made it up to Elite. That being said, its more of an achievement to win it whilst competing at the top end individually.

To give a point of view Winkley has I feel alluded to is: Do we hold success against a manager who gained the Elite championship for the number of different teams they were in on that path to the title ? Or should they stay steadfast with one single minded approach and win it in the gentlemen's fashion of loyalty to one cause and one direction within a single team during a career ?

This applies to the Team Cup also. It's team play and coordination, not individualism.
Jimmy De Roy
(Gruppe Master - 3)

Einträge: 9105
  Land:
Belgien 
Zertifiziert: 
Alter Eintrag #19165 geschrieben Okt 8 2013, 08:31:10 Zitat 
Who says they have won it yet? If Edifice score enough in the next couple of races with their Elite managers there is nothing an amateur manager can do about it.

I have said it before, they have not broken any rules only used the loopholes in it. If it is good long term strategy i doubt, let them enjoy the succes now and see if they will be so noisy next season.
Leigh Gaskin
(Gruppe Amateur - 42)

Einträge: 500
  Land:
England 
Zertifiziert: 
Alter Eintrag #19166 geschrieben Okt 8 2013, 13:00:09 Zitat 

Im in a family team now but each team is a separate entity and none of this will ever happen, particularly at a vital stage of the season just for extra points to win it.

This, for me, is my biggest worry about this whole situation. I'm also part of a family team, but again, not one that rotates members for success. I worry that through all of this, 'family' teams have taken the hit, and will now be forever branded by what's happening now, regardless of if they have ever, or will ever, rotate their members.

That being said, I have to say that I tend to side with Midland somewhat. They aren't breaking any rules, and actually, in the bigger scheme of things, they are limiting their potential for next season and onwards, as they have to keep rotating those 2 spots with Amateurs, and can never have a member who is going to grow into a successful Pro/Master, without the 75% cut. If that's what they want to do to put themselves in the running for this season, then so be it.
Seite « 1 2 3 ... 638 [639640 ... 1017 1018 1019 » Schneller Sprung auf Seite:
Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > General forum > A general GPRO team discussion thread Füge dieses Thema Deiner Blockierliste zu Füge dieses Thema Deinen Favoriten zu

auf dieses Thema antworten