Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Suggestions forum > Do you want to use different tyre compound during the race? Füge dieses Thema Deiner Blockierliste zu Füge dieses Thema Deinen Favoriten zu
Seite « 1 2 [3 Schneller Sprung auf Seite:
Themenumfrage
Do you want to use different tyre compound during the race?
anmelden um abzustimmen bzw. um Abstimmungsergebnisse zu sehen
Autor Thema: Do you want to use different tyre compound during the race? 89 Antworten
Stefan Olofsson
(Gruppe Pro - 1)

Einträge: 271
  Land:
Schweden 
Zertifiziert: 
Gefällt mir (0)   Gefällt mir nicht (0)
Alter Eintrag #61 geschrieben Jul 27 2017, 17:10:48 (letzte Änderung Jul 27 2017, 17:19:11 von Stefan Olofsson) Zitat 
Quote ( Gustavo Bellotto @ July 26th 2017,16:19:31 )
What if:
►The tyres chosen in the qualies cannot be used in the race (this would mix things up, otherwise everybody would start the race on ES).

Probably that everybody would qualify on the fastest qualifying tyre = XS and race on the fastest race tyre = something harder.

Josh pretty much summed it up in #43 I think.
/hr/forum/ViewTopic.asp?TopicId=27300&PostId=4171350#post4171350
Veres Tamás
(Gruppe Elite)

Einträge: 5060
  Land:
Ungarn 
Zertifiziert: 
Alter Eintrag #62 geschrieben Jul 28 2017, 14:49:10 Zitat 
Quote ( Gustavo Bellotto @ July 26th 2017,16:19:31 )

►The tyres chosen in the qualies cannot be used in the race (this would mix things up, otherwise everybody would start the race on ES).

Good idea! :)
Stuart Foster
(Gruppe Amateur - 122)

Einträge: 12459
  Land:
England 
Zertifiziert: 
Alter Eintrag #63 geschrieben Jul 28 2017, 14:53:26 (letzte Änderung Jul 28 2017, 15:00:33 von Stuart Foster) Zitat 
Yes might be leading in the poll but I wonder how many yeses might actually have changed their mind since (which will be a higher value than the no's without a doubt) also I would think there s a more thought out reason for those that voted no than those who voted yes. A lot of people already posted that they think it'd be good "just to change things" or people like William Day who voted yes and then posted immediately after that he thought it has its flaws. I don't see any good reason at all to change the number of dry compounds, it isn't adding anything to the game.

The maximum level I would support for the idea if people really want to give it a go would be running a trial season in amateur. Then asking unamazing managers like myself what they thought about it. And I can already give you the answer I would think without running 17 races of it.

Goran Slunjski
(Gruppe Pro - 4)

Einträge: 1133
  Land:
Kroatien 
Zertifiziert: 
Gefällt mir (1)   Gefällt mir nicht (0)
Alter Eintrag #64 geschrieben Jul 28 2017, 14:56:28 Zitat 
Just set limitations for each compound and its,solved.
In way that real F1 drivers have something like 4US, 4XS, 4S per grand prix weekend same can we done by giving 5XS, 5S, 5M, 5H for whole season (including only qualifications)
Stuart Foster
(Gruppe Amateur - 122)

Land:
England 
Zertifiziert: 
Alter Eintrag #65 geschrieben Jul 28 2017, 14:58:40 (letzte Änderung Jul 28 2017, 15:01:33 von Stuart Foster) Zitat 
Quote ( Goran Slunjski @ July 28th 2017,14:56:28 )

Just set limitations for each compound and its,solved.

sorry but this is BS.

Its better to be able to run one compound as many times as you like for the entire season while just having one dry choice per race than changing things to restrict the total number of compounds you can use ALL SEASON but have more compound choices in a race. Can you guys not see this basic logic? Sorry to say this but it is not an improvement on the current system and is a shit idea.
David Jones-Winkley
(Gruppe Amateur - 106)

Einträge: 3802
  Land:
Wales 
Zertifiziert: 
Gefällt mir (1)   Gefällt mir nicht (0)
Alter Eintrag #66 geschrieben Jul 28 2017, 15:30:35 Zitat 
There's plenty of us here that can't get to elite as it is now so why complicate things
Josh Clark
(Gruppe Amateur - 50)

Einträge: 6667
  Land:
England 
Zertifiziert: 
Alter Eintrag #67 geschrieben Jul 28 2017, 15:36:34 (letzte Änderung Jul 28 2017, 15:37:50 von Josh Clark) Zitat 
Quote ( Stuart Foster @ July 28th 2017,14:58:40 )

Its better to be able to run one compound as many times as you like for the entire season while just having one dry choice per race than changing things to restrict the total number of compounds you can use ALL SEASON but have more compound choices in a race. Can you guys not see this basic logic? Sorry to say this but it is not an improvement on the current system and is a shit idea.

The only way I can see it being an ok and not a detrimental idea is if firstly you don't add any compounds... 4 dry compounds is more than enough for this kind of thing. Then, set a limit of tyres per race (like F1) whilst also incorporated worn tyres outside the race.

So for example, you're given 3 of each compound to use in testing, practice, qualify, race for each race+race build-up. Each set of tyres has its own wear personality, and each compound wears differently outside the race as well as in.

(For this to work with testing included there would have to be big changes to the way testing wears tyres, which would be completely besides the point of testing for newbies, so forget that for now)

Let's say a practice lap for Hards uses 6%, Meds 9%, Softs 12%, Xsofts 15%. 1 qualifying run for these tyres uses double that, meaning even if you also allowed different tyres to be used in each qualify, qualifying on purely Xsofts would be massively unhelpful for the race, starting on 30/60% worn tyres.

Obviously I just plucked random numbers. But thinking about it, would it be a bad idea to also use different tyres for each qually? Yes everyone would use Xsoft in Q1, but in Q2 at least it would be the same as now... setting up the race on your race tyre, semi-disregarding qualify time.

Yeah I think everyone would run practice on hards, do Q1 on Xsofts and Q2 on the softest "best strategy" tyre, but to me that doesn't sound so bad. If you limit sets to 2 per compound it could potentially get more interesting perhaps.

I do, however, think this kind of thing is best left to managing forum games. And although saying "the current system is fine" is an elitist, ignorant thing to say, but for the life of me I can't come up with a more simple yet effective way to deal with tyres. It worked then, it works now, it'll work in S100. The general game formula is good, and we don't know how adding a more confusing system could affect that.
Robin Goodey
(Gruppe Pro - 20)

Einträge: 2096
  Land:
England 
Zertifiziert: 
Gefällt mir (20)   Gefällt mir nicht (0)
Alter Eintrag #68 geschrieben Jul 28 2017, 15:52:23 Zitat 
Team Ignition is proud to announce that our team leader, Alex Holland (in Elite), has been chosen as one of a select few guinea-pigs to trial this proposal over S60.
The only proviso during this trial is that the two dry compounds chosen for the race have to be used for the two qualifying sessions.

If you look at the Elite qualifying laps, /gb/Qualify12Standings.asp you will notice that Alex used a significantly harder compound in Q1 as opposed to the softer compound in Q2.

Please join us in watching Alex's race tonight and seeing how this plays out as his strategy will obviously reflect the compounds used.
Josh Clark
(Gruppe Amateur - 50)

Land:
England 
Zertifiziert: 
Alter Eintrag #69 geschrieben Jul 28 2017, 16:04:40 Zitat 
That's some gap :)

It's nice to see Ignition put another manager in Elite. Good luck for him this season (better than current I hope.)
Stuart Foster
(Gruppe Amateur - 122)

Land:
England 
Zertifiziert: 
Gefällt mir (2)   Gefällt mir nicht (0)
Alter Eintrag #70 geschrieben Jul 28 2017, 16:15:01 (letzte Änderung Jul 28 2017, 16:20:14 von Stuart Foster) Zitat 
So, out of interest Josh, what would happen when someone decides to hit the nuke button for their driver with 10 litre refuels? They just run without any tyres when their allocation is all used up or what? Retire? I just cannot see how this can work.

The system is far too stupidly complicated. And why the hell would test tyres need to have anything to do with the race? They don't in real life and it's just adding layer upon layer of confusion for the new players out there. 3 of each compound only adds up to 12 anyway so that wouldn't be enough sets if someone wants to use ALL their test stints and practice laps - that's 18 off the bat before they qualified. And what if it's raining in both testing and the race? You can't race if you use all 3 in testing? One of the dry tyres (+rains) would need to be unlimited supply. But even still the idea seems preposterous to me. Not only that, it benefits those of us that need none / very few practice laps. I don't see that as fair to newer players or players who for whatever reason want to run more laps for more data of sorts.

I see no reason why me and you and others that have been here for a gazillion years should be handed a tyre advantage over newer players.

Michal Szopinski
(Gruppe Pro - 12)

Einträge: 906
  Land:
Australien 
Zertifiziert: 
Alter Eintrag #71 geschrieben Jul 28 2017, 16:40:16 Zitat 
:D
Nice one Robin.
I still can't stop laughing. :D
Liviu Sandu
(Gruppe Amateur - 16)

Einträge: 406
  Land:
Rumänien 
Zertifiziert: 
Alter Eintrag #72 geschrieben Jul 28 2017, 16:48:24 Zitat 
For each car I would like to see during the race a colored ring on wheels suggesting tyre type. What do you think ?
Josh Clark
(Gruppe Amateur - 50)

Land:
England 
Zertifiziert: 
Alter Eintrag #73 geschrieben Jul 28 2017, 17:01:35 Zitat 
Quote ( Stuart Foster @ July 28th 2017,16:15:01 )

So, out of interest Josh, what would happen when someone decides to hit the nuke button for their driver with 10 litre refuels? They just run without any tyres when their allocation is all used up or what? Retire? I just cannot see how this can work.

I think I missed the bit where I suggested re-using partially worn tyres. But yes I see your point.
Matija Gjurčević
(Gruppe Rookie - 179)

Einträge: 398
  Land:
Kroatien 
Zertifiziert: 
Alter Eintrag #74 geschrieben Jul 28 2017, 17:12:07 (letzte Änderung Jul 28 2017, 17:12:20 von Matija Gjurčević) Zitat 
Quote ( Stuart Foster @ July 28th 2017,16:15:01 )

The system is far too stupidly complicated. And why the hell would test tyres need to have anything to do with the race? They don't in real life and it's just adding layer upon layer of confusion for the new players out there. 3 of each compound only adds up to 12 anyway so that wouldn't be enough sets if someone wants to use ALL their test stints and practice laps - that's 18 off the bat before they qualified. And what if it's raining in both testing and the race? You can't race if you use all 3 in testing? One of the dry tyres (+rains) would need to be unlimited supply. But even still the idea seems preposterous to me. Not only that, it benefits those of us that need none / very few practice laps. I don't see that as fair to newer players or players who for whatever reason want to run more laps for more data of sorts.

I see no reason why me and you and others that have been here for a gazillion years should be handed a tyre advantage over newer players.

Did you mean THE TESTING or PRACTICE?
Stefan Olofsson
(Gruppe Pro - 1)

Einträge: 271
  Land:
Schweden 
Zertifiziert: 
Alter Eintrag #75 geschrieben Jul 28 2017, 17:45:31 (letzte Änderung Jul 28 2017, 17:47:05 von Stefan Olofsson) Zitat 
Quote ( Robin Goodey @ July 28th 2017,15:52:23 )

... is that the two dry compounds chosen for the race have to be used for the two qualifying sessions.

I think this is the best idea I heard so far. I you like, use the same tyre in both sessions and only use that one in the race.
Samoeni Albanalopolis
(Gruppe Master - 4)

Einträge: 14440
  Land:
Albanien 
Zertifiziert: 
Alter Eintrag #76 geschrieben Jul 28 2017, 17:49:50 Zitat 
I just hope Alex wont post here as none will read his essay :D
Sam Wainwright
(Gruppe Elite)

Einträge: 2843
  Land:
England 
Zertifiziert: 
Alter Eintrag #77 geschrieben Jul 28 2017, 17:50:52 Zitat 
Quote ( Samoeni Albanalopolis @ July 28th 2017,17:49:50 )

I just hope Alex wont post here as none will read his essay :D

I would.

Maybe.

At least the first two lines anyway.
Melvin de Haas
(Gruppe Amateur - 108)

Einträge: 88
  Land:
Niederlande 
Zertifiziert: 
Gefällt mir (2)   Gefällt mir nicht (3)
Alter Eintrag #78 geschrieben Mär 26 2018, 09:03:14 Zitat 
is there perhaps in the future that we can choose two different compounds during a race? if it's just an extra that you can choose to make it more exciting. Then I think you will get a super nice race. and different stratagy. I do see that a lot is being reduced about it. maybe the makers of the game can see if it is possible? would be awsome
Paul Bright
(Gruppe Amateur - 75)

Einträge: 2113
  Land:
Schottland 
Zertifiziert: 
Alter Eintrag #79 geschrieben Mär 26 2018, 10:30:26 Zitat 
The problem for me is that the added complexity might put off new players. There is already a pretty steep learning curve for people coming in cold.
Miel Soeterbroek
(Gruppe Elite)

Einträge: 3107
  Land:
Niederlande 
Zertifiziert: 
Gefällt mir (7)   Gefällt mir nicht (0)
Alter Eintrag #80 geschrieben Mär 26 2018, 11:21:42 Zitat 
There are bigger, more practical problems than that:
Everyone will Q on XS, attempt to grab a FL early on, and move to an optimal compound for the race conditions soon after.

Just to name one ;)
Melvin de Haas
(Gruppe Amateur - 108)

Land:
Niederlande 
Zertifiziert: 
Alter Eintrag #81 geschrieben Mär 26 2018, 15:51:52 (letzte Änderung Mär 26 2018, 15:53:47 von Melvin de Haas) Zitat 
Quote ( Paul Bright @ March 26th 2018,10:30:26 )

The problem for me is that the added complexity might put off new players. There is already a pretty steep learning curve for people coming in cold.

Yes but maybe we can enter that by amateur or pro?
Melvin de Haas
(Gruppe Amateur - 108)

Land:
Niederlande 
Zertifiziert: 
Alter Eintrag #82 geschrieben Mär 26 2018, 16:05:53 Zitat 
Quote ( Miel Soeterbroek @ March 26th 2018,11:21:42 )

There are bigger, more practical problems than that:
Everyone will Q on XS, attempt to grab a FL early on, and move to an optimal compound for the race conditions soon after.

Just to name one ;)

but that is the choice they make. you can also bless that you do Q2 with the tires you start with maybe they will make other choices? but in the real F1 they also ride on the soft compounds. So I do not really see the problem here
Jasper Coosemans1
(Gruppe Master - 4)

Einträge: 3021
  Land:
Belgien 
Zertifiziert: 
Gefällt mir (2)   Gefällt mir nicht (0)
Alter Eintrag #83 geschrieben Mär 26 2018, 16:10:22 Zitat 
There is no 'problem'. The thing is, you and others say this change will "make it more exciting" or "create more strategy options", and Miel just rightly pointed out that it doesn't. In fact it may reduce the strategy options.
Melvin de Haas
(Gruppe Amateur - 108)

Land:
Niederlande 
Zertifiziert: 
Alter Eintrag #84 geschrieben Mär 26 2018, 16:25:17 Zitat 
I do not think so because there are so many choices. you can of course start on hard and then end up on the soft tire. you can also start on soft and then go to hard. or start on mediums, once in the pit and then again on mediums. is also a bit on the rider you have and the risk you race
Sam Norris
(Gruppe Amateur - 33)

Einträge: 354
  Land:
England 
Zertifiziert: 
Alter Eintrag #85 geschrieben Mär 26 2018, 17:27:16 (letzte Änderung Mär 26 2018, 17:27:35 von Sam Norris) Zitat 
Why are impossible suggestions like this not shot down straight away with the most obvious reason -

There is no live race, the script is run and then the data displayed in race format, you cannot alter it as it happening, it has already happened.

If however the new race engine big change thingy they are doing is changing the way they do it (unlikely imo), then yes I agree it could be good, but not so much for those who cant watch live due to timezones.
Miel Soeterbroek
(Gruppe Elite)

Einträge: 3107
  Land:
Niederlande 
Zertifiziert: 
Alter Eintrag #86 geschrieben Mär 26 2018, 17:30:46 Zitat 
What are you talking about? There are many things that are supposedly real-time, that we decide on beforehand, and different compounds for various stints would be no different.
Sam Norris
(Gruppe Amateur - 33)

Einträge: 354
  Land:
England 
Zertifiziert: 
Alter Eintrag #87 geschrieben Mär 26 2018, 17:39:39 Zitat 
Hmm I must have mixed this thread up with another one I saw recently that was choosing stuff live in race, my apologies.

Ok so now I actually think about it, meh I dunno, like others said it could make for less variance in strategy in some races, maybe more in others.

If it were added id guess it would need to be you MUST use 2 compounds XS/soft & med/hard, but yes I'm unsure what benefit it gives I guess...
Sotirios Moustakas
(Gruppe Rookie - 5)

Einträge: 2
  Land:
Deutschland 
Zertifiziert: 
Alter Eintrag #88 geschrieben Mär 26 2018, 18:00:30 Zitat 
That would be perfect...There were times that i cought my self thinking about that...And i think it's a great idea for the game...
Jukka Sireni2
(Gruppe Rookie - 69)

GPRO Team
Einträge: 3870
  Land:
Finnland 
Zertifiziert: 
Alter Eintrag #89 geschrieben Mär 26 2018, 18:01:33 Zitat 
Different tyre compounds could work. They do work well in URM. But whether they would work in GPRO without any other changes is a different matter. Like others, I see most people going for a rather soft compound for the start (unless it's hot), and then switch for a harder one.
Ahmet Sonverdi
(Gruppe Amateur - 30)

Einträge: 4807
  Land:
Türkei 
Zertifiziert: 
Alter Eintrag #90 geschrieben Mär 26 2018, 18:04:11 Zitat 
Quote ( Jukka Sireni @ March 26th 2018,18:01:33 )

They do work well in URM

I did mention it somewhere, sometime ago but IIRC, either you or Robin explained why it wouldn't work in GPRO.
Seite « 1 2 [3 Schneller Sprung auf Seite:
Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Suggestions forum > Do you want to use different tyre compound during the race? Füge dieses Thema Deiner Blockierliste zu Füge dieses Thema Deinen Favoriten zu

auf dieses Thema antworten