Autor Thema: TEMPERATURE? 73 Antworten
Keri Lovell
(Gruppe Rookie - 5)

Einträge: 10068
  Land:
Wales 
Zertifiziert: 
Gefällt mir (1)   Gefällt mir nicht (0)
Alter Eintrag #61 geschrieben Mai 4 2021, 22:14:25 (letzte Änderung Mai 4 2021, 22:15:32 von Keri Lovell) Zitat 
Thread fail, should have read the opening post, haha! This is going to be crazy though!
Sardar Khan
(Gruppe Amateur - 60)

Einträge: 31
  Land:
Indien 
Zertifiziert: 
Gefällt mir (2)   Gefällt mir nicht (0)
Alter Eintrag #62 geschrieben Mai 5 2021, 07:40:09 Zitat 
54 degree in Barcelona, with Rain. This does not make any scientific sense.
Andre Falcao
(Gruppe Rookie - 21)

Einträge: 22
  Land:
Brasilien 
Zertifiziert: 
Gefällt mir (0)   Gefällt mir nicht (0)
Alter Eintrag #63 geschrieben Mai 5 2021, 08:01:07 (letzte Änderung Mai 5 2021, 08:03:47 von Andre Falcao) Zitat 
Quote https://www.wunderground.com/cat6/Hottest-Rain-Record-Rain-f...

The temperature might have gone higher on July 24 in Imperial, but clouds streaming in from the Gulf of California brought mostly cloudy skies by mid-afternoon, and rain showers began falling at 3:53 pm PDT. At the time the rain began, the temperature was an astonishingly high 119°F (48.3°C)—a new world record for the hottest temperature ever measured while rain was falling. A series of rain showers continued to affect Imperial in the late afternoon and early evening, with the station recording light rain for four consecutive hours.

Seems like someone will need to update the Guiness book with Barcelona.. :D
Stephen Bewers
(Gruppe Amateur - 20)

Einträge: 564
  Land:
England 
Zertifiziert: 
Gefällt mir (3)   Gefällt mir nicht (0)
Alter Eintrag #64 geschrieben Mai 5 2021, 09:08:52 Zitat 
As I understand it what's being displayed there is track temperature, which will be a lot higher than the air temperature. To use a real-world example, at the 2018 Hungarian GP there was a massive track temperature of 60C, with air temperature of 32C (quite a normal air temp for a hot summer day in Europe): https://www.redbull.com/int-en/hungarian-f1-grand-prix-2018-report

Mind you, how you can get a track temp of 54-57C in the rain is another matter :D
Andre Falcao
(Gruppe Rookie - 21)

Land:
Brasilien 
Zertifiziert: 
Alter Eintrag #65 geschrieben Mai 5 2021, 10:00:08 (letzte Änderung Mai 5 2021, 10:00:55 von Andre Falcao) Zitat 
Quote ( Stephen Bewers @ May 5th 2021,09:08:52 )

As I understand it what's being displayed there is track temperature, which will be a lot higher than the air temperature. To use a real-world example, at the 2018 Hungarian GP there was a massive track temperature of 60C, with air temperature of 32C (quite a normal air temp for a hot summer day in Europe): https://www.redbull.com/int-en/hungarian-f1-grand-prix-2018-report

Mind you, how you can get a track temp of 54-57C in the rain is another matter :D

I'd like to agree with that Stephen... track temp makes more sense.

HOWEVER, for the cold races like Mugello for instance where the temp was 4 degrees at some point would mean the actual temp (not track) was even lower!?

And what's interesting with this past race is that it was 4 degrees cloudy but when it became 'very cloudy' at the end the temp went up to 8 degrees!!

If it is track temp it should be the opposite with the ceiling shouldn't it?

And agree as well with your last point.. maybe a water heater broke up in the skies of Barcelona, just like my kids bathroom the other day.. Doh

Stephen Bewers
(Gruppe Amateur - 20)

Einträge: 564
  Land:
England 
Zertifiziert: 
Alter Eintrag #66 geschrieben Mai 5 2021, 10:25:48 Zitat 
Quote ( Andre Falcao @ May 5th 2021,10:00:08 )

HOWEVER, for the cold races like Mugello for instance where the temp was 4 degrees at some point would mean the actual temp (not track) was even lower!?

That's quite a common misconception, but actually no. The ground both warms quicker and cools quicker than the air, so you can also have lower track temperature than air temperature. At high air temperatures the track will be hotter than the air temp, but at low air temps the track will be colder than the air temp.

You can feel this yourself on the pavement on a hot or cold day. Touching the pavement on a hot summer day will be scorching, but touching it on a cold winter day will be very cold.

Quote ( Andre Falcao @ May 5th 2021,10:00:08 )

And what's interesting with this past race is that it was 4 degrees cloudy but when it became 'very cloudy' at the end the temp went up to 8 degrees!!

If it is track temp it should be the opposite with the ceiling shouldn't it?

I don't really pay too much attention to the weather status unless it says "Rain"! :D - but essentially it's quite subjective. You're right that if more clouds move over then yes that will cool track temp. But, just as an example, it could be less cloudy with a single cloud directly above the track cooling the the track temp, or more cloudy but maybe not directly above the track, so track temp could rise.

If you watch F1 you'll sometimes hear about a "qualifying cloud". It's when a cloud moves over the track, casting a shadow and therefore lowering track temps for just a minute or so before moving away. If you're on track when that happens, the lower track temps give you more grip and therefore more speed, allowing you to get a better quali lap than those who were on track in the sunshine.

Of course I always have to caveat that GPRO is not F1, but I find that using real-world examples like this sometimes helps to understand the concepts in GPRO. So in this case, the "Cloudy" and "Very Cloudy" statuses don't really mean a lot to me and I don't pay too much attention to them.
Andre Falcao
(Gruppe Rookie - 21)

Land:
Brasilien 
Zertifiziert: 
Alter Eintrag #67 geschrieben Mai 5 2021, 10:37:07 Zitat 
Good points... thanks for that! :)
Tibor Szuromi
(Gruppe Amateur - 4)

Einträge: 11898
  Land:
Ungarn 
Zertifiziert: 
Alter Eintrag #68 geschrieben Mai 5 2021, 10:46:42 Zitat 
Quote ( Stephen Bewers @ May 5th 2021,09:08:52 )

Barcelona: certainly under and over asphalt with heating.
Kyle Morris
(Gruppe Pro - 3)

Einträge: 6688
  Land:
England 
Zertifiziert: 
Alter Eintrag #69 geschrieben Mai 5 2021, 10:47:44 Zitat 
We've had 0% humidity before which is scientifically impossible to achieve
Its not even the first time we have had this weather pattern, we had it S49 R8, (fond memories of me winning from 19th, the lowest for me, but enough of yhat)
Thijs Rieken
(Gruppe Amateur - 16)

Einträge: 1042
  Land:
Niederlande 
Zertifiziert: 
Gefällt mir (5)   Gefällt mir nicht (0)
Alter Eintrag #70 geschrieben Mai 5 2021, 11:12:32 Zitat 
Quote ( Kyle Morris @ May 5th 2021,10:47:44 )

We've had 0% humidity before which is scientifically impossible to achieve

That's just Vlad's dry humour
Ewelina Popis
(Gruppe Pro - 8)

Einträge: 87
  Land:
Polen 
Zertifiziert: 
Alter Eintrag #71 geschrieben Mai 7 2021, 08:53:52 Zitat 
Thanks God it's in Barcelona and not in Ahvenisto... ;)
Luke Frost
(Gruppe Amateur - 15)

Einträge: 11111
  Land:
Australien 
Zertifiziert: 
Gefällt mir (4)   Gefällt mir nicht (0)
Alter Eintrag #72 geschrieben Mai 7 2021, 09:07:36 Zitat 
Quote ( Ewelina Popis @ May 7th 2021,08:53:52 )

Thanks God it's in Barcelona and not in Ahvenisto... ;)

https://i.imgur.com/W1XsPob.jpg
Christian Koek
(Gruppe Rookie - 39)

Einträge: 5
  Land:
Niederlande 
Zertifiziert: 
Alter Eintrag #73 geschrieben Mai 17 2021, 05:04:10 Zitat 
When i saw the title i thought of the temprature in a racing car for so long lol
Christian Koek
(Gruppe Rookie - 39)

Einträge: 5
  Land:
Niederlande 
Zertifiziert: 
Alter Eintrag #74 geschrieben Mai 17 2021, 05:04:37 Zitat 
Very cold ATM
Seite « 1 2 [3 Schneller Sprung auf Seite:

auf dieses Thema antworten