Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > General forum > Unannounced changes ... Tilføj dette emne til din ignorér-liste Tilføj dette emne til din favoritliste
Side « 1 2 3 ... 232 [233234 ... 268 269 270 » Gå til side:
Forfatter Emne: Unannounced changes ... 8089 svar
Ceapa Florin
(Gruppe Amateur - 33)

Land:
Rumænien 
Certificeret: 
Synes godt om dette indlæg (9)   Kan ikke lide dette indlæg (0)
Gammelt indlæg #6957 Skrevet Jul 24 2016, 16:42:44 (senest redigeret Jul 24 2016, 16:44:38 af Florin Ceapa) Citat 
Quote ( Fran Betancort @ July 24th 2016,14:34:21 )

People said it was a nice implementation, but if it was equal for all, supporters and non supporters. Vlad decided to do what he initially wanted to do, doesn´t matter what community said, so as Ale said, he did exactly what he wanted.

Can´t wait to see what´s next when Vlad sees the income is not so big and he still needs money.

I don´t think Vlad would´ve changed this too soon , if there hadn´t been any comments about it in the first place ...truth is I didn´t follow this right from the start , but i don´t need to do that to understand your last phrase ....

Did u ever try and run something in your life , before worrying about other people pockets ?

It´s a good adition to the game imo , there´s a price now for maybe not such common mistake , but very frustrating when it happens .. Isn´t there a price for getting better in the game too ? a better team , more time to invest , and that costs a lot of money sometimes too... I wonder how much money people lose when they follow that Pokemon Go FREE app, just by running 10 km in the wrong direction of their lives , all in just one day (maybe 1-2 seasons of gpro just for hydrating ?)
what are u trying to "sell" here ? we´ve got Vlad and his team and a decent game with decent costs (I´m just not the type of guy that negotiates his beer after spending a night out in 2-or more- different locations) what do u offer instead for those who still have the time and fun to play this game ???
Alessandro Casagrande
(Gruppe Pro - 10)

Land:
Italien 
Certificeret: 
Synes godt om dette indlæg (2)   Kan ikke lide dette indlæg (0)
Gammelt indlæg #6958 Skrevet Jul 24 2016, 17:28:28 Citat 
Quote ( Michael Winkley @ July 24th 2016,12:54:49 )

Pretty sure that Vlad did exactly what most agreed upon

If I well remember, most of the people were saying "don't make it a supporter only feature".

There were those pro and those against such implementation, but quite a large part of the community was in any case against making it a supporter feature.

Thing like this may bring some more euros in, but may as well push some to stop supporting the game.

Supporters status should not give you a material advantage over non supporters. The new race viewer would actually be a good supporter feature, not this one.
Michael Winkley
(Gruppe Master - 3)

Land:
Wales 
Certificeret: 
Synes godt om dette indlæg (0)   Kan ikke lide dette indlæg (0)
Gammelt indlæg #6959 Skrevet Jul 24 2016, 17:55:50 Citat 
Given that 80% of the player base aren't supporters, what would you expect?

Mike Brummert
(Gruppe Amateur - 111)

Land:
USA 
Certificeret: 
Synes godt om dette indlæg (5)   Kan ikke lide dette indlæg (0)
Gammelt indlæg #6960 Skrevet Jul 24 2016, 17:58:00 Citat 
Quote ( Fran Betancort @ July 24th 2016,14:34:21 )

Can´t wait to see what´s next when Vlad sees the income is not so big and he still needs money.

I don't think this is about money at all. I think its about giving new managers a chance to recognize and correct a mistake, while telling experienced managers that if you still can't upgrade your car correctly then you'll have to pay for it.
Gino Zernani
(Gruppe Master - 4)

Land:
Italien 
Certificeret: 
Gammelt indlæg #6961 Skrevet Jul 24 2016, 18:02:46 Citat 
Quote ( Michael Winkley @ July 24th 2016,17:55:50 )

It will be used by the 20% of players
Ahmet Sonverdi
(Gruppe Amateur - 55)

Land:
Tyrkiet 
Certificeret: 
Synes godt om dette indlæg (1)   Kan ikke lide dette indlæg (0)
Gammelt indlæg #6962 Skrevet Jul 24 2016, 18:10:46 Citat 
Quote ( Gino Zernani @ July 24th 2016,18:02:46 )

So 20% of the players actually needs that implemantation? All of them?

10 of them will need it per month. Not 10%, just 10. +/- 2.

Quote ( Alessandro Casagrande @ July 24th 2016,17:28:28 )

The new race viewer would actually be a good supporter feature, not this one.

If i were a non supporter and i got undoing car upgrades instead of having the new race viewer, i'd mention admins parents in bad stuff a lot.

You'll use the new race viewer twice a week, and undo car parts feature once per 10 seasons maybe.
Michael Winkley
(Gruppe Master - 3)

Land:
Wales 
Certificeret: 
Gammelt indlæg #6963 Skrevet Jul 24 2016, 18:23:54 Citat 

No it won't.

Ceapa Florin
(Gruppe Amateur - 33)

Land:
Rumænien 
Certificeret: 
Gammelt indlæg #6964 Skrevet Jul 24 2016, 18:25:01 Citat 

That´s why "most people" should count for 1 single vote in a bussiness council administrated by 10 ... and if Vlad is so lonely as he stated a while ago , then "most people" should count for 0,1 ! If Vlad can find at least 0,6 more administrative reasons (not saying this is the case) to change the implementation conditions , then "most people" should take a democratic walk ...
Alessandro Casagrande
(Gruppe Pro - 10)

Land:
Italien 
Certificeret: 
Gammelt indlæg #6965 Skrevet Jul 24 2016, 18:26:26 (senest redigeret Jul 24 2016, 18:30:27 af Alessandro Casagrande) Citat 
What I mean is that the new race viewer is something which is purely cosmetic, it will hopefully improve your GPRO experience without giving you an advantage over non supporters. So I think it would be fair to give this to supporters only who pay money to support the game.

Quote ( Michael Winkley @ July 24th 2016,17:55:50 )

Many supporters were against this feature and, if implementend in any case, they were against it being a supporter feature. Like me. I support GPRO since S14 when I started playing without any gap in my supporter status. Still I was and I am against this being a supporter feature.
Gino Zernani
(Gruppe Master - 4)

Land:
Italien 
Certificeret: 
Gammelt indlæg #6966 Skrevet Jul 24 2016, 18:31:24 Citat 
Quote ( Michael Winkley @ July 24th 2016,18:23:54 )

No it won't.

Then its useless
Michael Winkley
(Gruppe Master - 3)

Land:
Wales 
Certificeret: 
Gammelt indlæg #6967 Skrevet Jul 24 2016, 19:50:13 Citat 
If one person uses it then it is not useless.
You make it sound like all supporters should use it. The reality is that very few experienced players make the mistake in the first place.
Itisnt intended for wide usage, hence why the change has nothing to do with money.
Phil Maunder
(Gruppe Pro - 7)

Land:
England 
Certificeret: 
Gammelt indlæg #6968 Skrevet Jul 24 2016, 20:07:32 Citat 
Quote ( Fran Betancort @ July 24th 2016,15:15:48 )

They expect to get a couple € from each one of those who make a mistake ;)

yea but they could have implemented that years ago. + other things to make money & they didn't
Mark Pinnick
(Gruppe Amateur - 32)

Land:
England 
Certificeret: 
Synes godt om dette indlæg (4)   Kan ikke lide dette indlæg (0)
Gammelt indlæg #6969 Skrevet Jul 24 2016, 20:07:52 Citat 
Am I wrong in thinking that this isn't actually a "Supporter Feature"? By this, I mean that you can, in theory, purchase 2 supporter credits, and spend them on this feature without actually spending the 0.5 credits on any races. I'm assuming that purchasing supporter credits does not count as having "done any futher actions".

I don't think it will be a big money spinner, and I doubt many people will be adversely affected by it. In any case, those who are adversely affected will never actually know for sure that they have been! :p
Kirsty Ridley
(Gruppe Amateur - 103)

Land:
England 
Certificeret: 
Synes godt om dette indlæg (8)   Kan ikke lide dette indlæg (0)
Gammelt indlæg #6970 Skrevet Jul 24 2016, 20:15:59 Citat 
Almost no one does it after their first season, well, not when realising it instantly. I have done it, but moved onto to testing or something else then realised. It would be useless. Its for newer players, if exp players make this kind of mistake...then pay or regret. I think Vlad can never do right by 'some people' as they are determined to find something wrong.
Phil Maunder
(Gruppe Pro - 7)

Land:
England 
Certificeret: 
Gammelt indlæg #6971 Skrevet Jul 24 2016, 20:22:54 Citat 
Not being able to undo changes in anyway made it a painful experience to get things wrong, but on the plus side people were more likely to learn & be careful next time.

Now it costs money to undo it still makes it a painful experience to get things wrong as it costs money to fix, but at least it is possible now and still encourages people to be more careful next time.

If you just allow people to undo for no penalty then people don't learn anything & get better.
Alessandro Casagrande
(Gruppe Pro - 10)

Land:
Italien 
Certificeret: 
Synes godt om dette indlæg (0)   Kan ikke lide dette indlæg (1)
Gammelt indlæg #6972 Skrevet Jul 24 2016, 22:03:51 Citat 
Quote ( Michael Winkley @ July 24th 2016,19:50:13 )

hence why the change has nothing to do with money

If it has nothing to do with money, why not making it free for everyone?
Michael Winkley
(Gruppe Master - 3)

Land:
Wales 
Certificeret: 
Gammelt indlæg #6973 Skrevet Jul 24 2016, 22:05:59 Citat 
Facepalm.
Alessandro Casagrande
(Gruppe Pro - 10)

Land:
Italien 
Certificeret: 
Gammelt indlæg #6974 Skrevet Jul 24 2016, 22:09:42 Citat 
:eyesrolling: :lento:
Daryl Gee
(Gruppe Amateur - 114)

Land:
Sydafrika 
Certificeret: 
Synes godt om dette indlæg (1)   Kan ikke lide dette indlæg (1)
Gammelt indlæg #6975 Skrevet Jul 24 2016, 22:31:20 Citat 
Vlad's broken GPRO again!

How will we go on?
Gino Zernani
(Gruppe Master - 4)

Land:
Italien 
Certificeret: 
Synes godt om dette indlæg (1)   Kan ikke lide dette indlæg (1)
Gammelt indlæg #6976 Skrevet Jul 24 2016, 22:54:31 (senest redigeret Jul 24 2016, 23:00:58 af Gino Zernani) Citat 
Quote ( Michael Winkley @ July 24th 2016,19:50:13 )

You make it sound like all supporters should use it

Really? Not properly, I simply was following your own thoughts: if 80% are non supporter and 20 is, but that 20 who can, wont use it, I simply made YOU to say its useless, or at least interesting for only one person, which is pointless the same.
To be clear am not against the issue itself but the way it has been intrroduced. As I said at that time (and you too) it should have been used an in game mechanism, like a grid penalization i.e., not the real money, that was what the large part of the community said. The same large part which now is asking why ask to them their opinion and then act at the opposite.
Kyle Morris
(Gruppe Rookie - 102)

Land:
England 
Certificeret: 
Gammelt indlæg #6977 Skrevet Jul 24 2016, 23:13:31 Citat 
I mean it's a good idea but I won't waste credits on it, even if I make a mistake. 2 credits is a lot
Ivan Silva
(Gruppe Amateur - 85)

Land:
Portugal 
Certificeret: 
Gammelt indlæg #6978 Skrevet Jul 24 2016, 23:31:50 Citat 
Personally I dont feel this addition was needed at all but I can understand less experienced players can make a mistake while repairing or simply someone decided to change their mind and instead of buying parts from the same level they want to downgrade instead.

About it being a supporter feature or not doesnt make any difference to me tbh cause I usually have my car repairs programmed way earlier than most people and i know exactly what changes I will do on each race. I expect experienced players like most I see posting in here to keep the same line of thought.

So, why making such fuzz about a feature that makes no difference to you aswell?

Some people just feel the need to constantly criticize, its always hard to find changes like this to be unanimous but truth is it doesnt bring any actual game advantage to supporters so im not against it.

And yes, i think having the new race viewer as a supporter feature should be a priority. I think most people here are impatiently waiting for that.
Michael Winkley
(Gruppe Master - 3)

Land:
Wales 
Certificeret: 
Gammelt indlæg #6979 Skrevet Jul 24 2016, 23:40:53 Citat 
Quote ( Gino Zernani @ July 24th 2016,22:54:31 )

As I said at that time (and you too) it should have been used an in game mechanism, like a grid penalization i.e., not the real money, that was what the large part of the community said.

My grid penalty suggestion never really got any traction, so it is hardly what the large part of the community said.

Besides, such a change would only be practicable at a season reset. The change that got made was the right implementation for a change that could be made, without real consequence, immediately.

Michael Winkley
(Gruppe Master - 3)

Land:
Wales 
Certificeret: 
Gammelt indlæg #6980 Skrevet Jul 25 2016, 00:07:43 Citat 
Quote ( Vladimir Alexandrov @ June 10th 2016,12:21:19 )

Thanks everyone for the feedback.

From what I've read, most concerns are towards this being implemented as a supporter only feature so my response is mainly directed to address these concerns.

The game needs additional supporter features in order to stay sustainable and I consider this feature to be the kind of features that are handy to have, but don't give any direct advantage to supporters compared to regular players. This is not a pay-to-win feature.

Yes, you could give me an example that two players who fight for the championship could do the same mistake and the one who is able to use this feature wins, but this is such a situation that will never happen in reality. You could use the same logic to say that "Confirmation in case the wrong weather tyres are selected in Q1, Q2 or the race setup" is also a pay-to-win feature. Imagine the two championship contenders are both tired, select the wrong tyres and the one who is supporter gets warned about the choice, corrects the mistake and wins. Another example with the same logic, the feature "Possibility to search for drivers and sort them by their skills on the markets": our championship contenders have to make a last minute bid on the market and the one who is a supporter uses the feature to find the perfect driver and win the championship with him. You could brand pretty much all of the supporter features as pay-to-win using this kind of logic.

What is a pay-to-win feature then? Here are some examples:

- buy in-game money with supporter credits
- have faster conversion of testing points
- run additonal practice laps
- get additional stategy options for the race

See the difference? The above are examples of supporter features that will never find their way into the game.

But harmless mistake cover features for which there is no way that you could gain direct advantage by simply having access to and using the feature alone are something which I consider can fit into the game, without changing its basic foundations.

This is what Vlad said following the discussion.
Alessandro Casagrande
(Gruppe Pro - 10)

Land:
Italien 
Certificeret: 
Synes godt om dette indlæg (1)   Kan ikke lide dette indlæg (2)
Gammelt indlæg #6981 Skrevet Jul 25 2016, 00:13:29 Citat 
Vlad can think and do whatever he wants. This doen't make it necessarily correct or fair.
Michael Winkley
(Gruppe Master - 3)

Land:
Wales 
Certificeret: 
Gammelt indlæg #6982 Skrevet Jul 25 2016, 00:22:50 (senest redigeret Jul 25 2016, 00:23:43 af Michael Winkley) Citat 
What is unfair about a feature that will get used only once every few months?
It'll barely get used by a supporter; it isn't targeted at them.

People rarely spot their mistakes prior to having gone on to do something else. Those that do would look at their alternatives to salvage the situation first, then at writing the mistake off, and only look at reversing the mistake if it was absolutely essential that they do.

This is a limited use feature, aimed at inexperienced players. That one experienced supporter might benefit from it is neither here nor there in all honesty.
There's no real joy in benefitting from other people's minor errors.
Phil Maunder
(Gruppe Pro - 7)

Land:
England 
Certificeret: 
Gammelt indlæg #6983 Skrevet Jul 25 2016, 00:24:27 Citat 
Jesus H Christ will people stop bitching about this. It's not like anyone is going to be using it every race is it?

If non supporters feel really bad about it then just wait for the once in a blue moon when you need to use it yourself and just borrow 2 credits from your friends / teammates or whoever.

My God.
Roy Mitchell
(Gruppe Amateur - 39)

Land:
Canada 
Certificeret: 
Gammelt indlæg #6984 Skrevet Jul 25 2016, 00:41:25 Citat 
Obviously, you have a different view of the implementation and mechanism of this new application.

When was the last time you 'might' have noticed the error and wished you could change that??
Edwin Silva
(Gruppe Pro - 7)

Land:
Colombia 
Certificeret: 
Gammelt indlæg #6985 Skrevet Jul 25 2016, 00:41:54 Citat 
Quote ( Phil Maunder @ July 25th 2016,00:24:27 )

If non supporters feel really bad about it then just wait for the once in a blue moon when you need to use it yourself and just borrow 2 credits from your friends / teammates or whoever.

Completely agree. You can bitch or you can be this guy:

Quote ( Christoph Seifriedsberger @ July 24th 2016,11:49:52 )

So just in case someone makes a mistake and notices immediately (as it works only when you haven't done any other action) and you don't have supporter credits, then just let me know and I'll help you out.

I mean, you must be a terrible person if there isn't any teamie or friend willing to spare 2 credits in case you need them.
Michael Winkley
(Gruppe Master - 3)

Land:
Wales 
Certificeret: 
Gammelt indlæg #6986 Skrevet Jul 25 2016, 01:06:13 Citat 
Quote ( Roy Mitchell @ July 25th 2016,00:41:25 )

When was the last time you 'might' have noticed the error and wished you could change that??

The Sunday morning closest to when Vlad first floated the idea. I even mentioned it in that thread.

I wasn't a supporter then. I'm not a supporter now.

No-one really benefits from using this feature. It is so niche that it borders on irrelevant to my long term planning.
Side « 1 2 3 ... 232 [233234 ... 268 269 270 » Gå til side:
Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > General forum > Unannounced changes ... Tilføj dette emne til din ignorér-liste Tilføj dette emne til din favoritliste

Besvar til dette emne