Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Formula One forum > What is the best pilot f1 TODAY? Tilføj dette emne til din ignorér-liste Tilføj dette emne til din favoritliste
Side [12 » Gå til side:
Forfatter Emne: What is the best pilot f1 TODAY? 57 svar
Russo Cruz
(Gruppe Rookie - 271)

Land:
Brasilien 
Certificeret: 
Synes godt om dette indlæg (1)   Kan ikke lide dette indlæg (3)
Gammelt indlæg #1 Skrevet Jun 16 2013, 05:17:11 Citat 
currently
Jaime Elizondo
(Gruppe Amateur - 29)

Land:
Mexico 
Certificeret: 
Synes godt om dette indlæg (7)   Kan ikke lide dette indlæg (0)
Gammelt indlæg #2 Skrevet Jun 16 2013, 05:32:06 Citat 
Complete: Fernando Alonso
Fast: Sebastián Vettel
Aggressive: Sergio Pérez

I would say Hamilton is the 2nd in every line above, he is no longer as aggresive and reckless as he was, he is still fast but I personally think Vettel is 1 or 2 tenths faster and he has the experience/talent to be 2nd complete driver in the paddock behind Alonso.

For me the best 3 drivers currently are Alonso, Vettel and Hamilton, in what order? Well its difficult to say because of diferent cars/teams
Russo Cruz
(Gruppe Rookie - 271)

Land:
Brasilien 
Certificeret: 
Synes godt om dette indlæg (0)   Kan ikke lide dette indlæg (2)
Gammelt indlæg #3 Skrevet Jun 16 2013, 05:35:05 Citat 
Pode ser...
Kenneth Hendrickson
(Gruppe Rookie - 406)

Land:
USA 
Certificeret: 
Gammelt indlæg #4 Skrevet Jun 16 2013, 05:41:17 Citat 
concur Vettel 1st
Hamilton 2nd

and wth a good car you never can tell?

Vettel reminds me of a young Senna
Ron Lefebvre
(Gruppe Amateur - 55)

Land:
Canada 
Certificeret: 
Synes godt om dette indlæg (3)   Kan ikke lide dette indlæg (2)
Gammelt indlæg #5 Skrevet Jun 16 2013, 14:05:03 Citat 
I think Vettel is on his way to breaking Schumies record for championship titles.
Matthew Barcock
(Gruppe Rookie - 34)

Land:
England 
Certificeret: 
Synes godt om dette indlæg (1)   Kan ikke lide dette indlæg (0)
Gammelt indlæg #6 Skrevet Jun 16 2013, 20:20:19 Citat 
Alonso
Jensen Owens
(Gruppe Amateur - 33)

Land:
Wales 
Certificeret: 
Synes godt om dette indlæg (3)   Kan ikke lide dette indlæg (1)
Gammelt indlæg #7 Skrevet Jun 16 2013, 20:34:05 Citat 
The Stig :-)
Roland Postle10
(Gruppe Amateur - 46)

Land:
England 
Certificeret: 
Gammelt indlæg #8 Skrevet Jun 16 2013, 20:49:20 (senest redigeret Jun 16 2013, 20:49:33 af Roland Postle) Citat 
Quote ( Jensen Owens @ June 16th 2013,20:34:05 )

The Stig :-)

Are you implying Vettel is THE STIG?!

o.0

0.o

Joe Manifold
(Gruppe Pro - 6)

Land:
England 
Certificeret: 
Synes godt om dette indlæg (1)   Kan ikke lide dette indlæg (2)
Gammelt indlæg #9 Skrevet Jun 16 2013, 21:04:09 (senest redigeret Jun 16 2013, 21:04:52 af Joe Manifold) Citat 
NARAIN

Sorry Jack.
Jack Benson
(Gruppe Rookie - 313)

Land:
England 
Certificeret: 
Synes godt om dette indlæg (3)   Kan ikke lide dette indlæg (4)
Gammelt indlæg #10 Skrevet Jun 16 2013, 21:07:46 Citat 
Quote ( Joe Manifold @ June 16th 2013,21:04:09 )

NARAIN

Sorry Jack.

Old joke
Joe Manifold
(Gruppe Pro - 6)

Land:
England 
Certificeret: 
Synes godt om dette indlæg (0)   Kan ikke lide dette indlæg (1)
Gammelt indlæg #11 Skrevet Jun 16 2013, 21:08:44 Citat 
Quote ( Jack Benson @ June 16th 2013,21:07:46 )

Old joke

Different Jack.
Fran Betancort
(Gruppe Amateur - 40)

Land:
Spanien 
Certificeret: 
Synes godt om dette indlæg (5)   Kan ikke lide dette indlæg (0)
Gammelt indlæg #12 Skrevet Jun 16 2013, 21:14:58 Citat 
The most complete driver is Alonso, doesn´t mind if he has a slower car, he is always there fighting, remember the titles he won with less car than Schumi, who had a wonderful ferrari by those years. And he is also very good on improving cars, not only driving.

After Alonso I can´t decide between Vettel and Hamilton, both are great drivers. A few yeras ago I would have said Vettel, but Hamilton now isn´t as agresive as he used to be and that means better results for him as well as for the team, he lost championships because of his agresiveness.
Jack Benson
(Gruppe Rookie - 313)

Land:
England 
Certificeret: 
Synes godt om dette indlæg (1)   Kan ikke lide dette indlæg (3)
Gammelt indlæg #13 Skrevet Jun 16 2013, 21:49:31 Citat 
Quote ( Joe Manifold @ June 16th 2013,21:08:44 )

Different Jack.

I know, but its still an old joke.
Ata Kaya
(Gruppe Amateur - 67)

Land:
Tyrkiet 
Certificeret: 
Synes godt om dette indlæg (4)   Kan ikke lide dette indlæg (2)
Gammelt indlæg #14 Skrevet Jun 17 2013, 10:53:19 Citat 
Is that really queastion ? everybody knows,Alonso is the best
Shersh Khandelwal
(Gruppe Amateur - 14)

Land:
Indien 
Certificeret: 
Synes godt om dette indlæg (2)   Kan ikke lide dette indlæg (0)
Gammelt indlæg #15 Skrevet Jun 17 2013, 11:02:08 Citat 
Alonso is the best current driver in F1 :)
Kenneth Finlayson
(Gruppe Pro - 4)

Land:
Skotland 
Certificeret: 
Synes godt om dette indlæg (1)   Kan ikke lide dette indlæg (1)
Gammelt indlæg #16 Skrevet Jun 17 2013, 11:39:11 Citat 
the 3 best on the grid right now are , Seb, Kimi and Nando

if Kimi had the grrr the Nando and Seb had he would easy be the best out of the 3 , but hes to lay back for all that so i would have to put him 3rd on my list

and Seb and Nando theres nothing split them apart , Nando got more exp and that shows but Seb can do something that Nando has alwasy had a hard time doing and that putting the car on pole time after time.

if i had to pick i would say Seb is the best the reson hes is only the 3rd driver in F1 histoy to with 3 WC in a row and by the looks of it makeing it 4 this season , and in the end its all about the trothys
Fran Betancort
(Gruppe Amateur - 40)

Land:
Spanien 
Certificeret: 
Synes godt om dette indlæg (2)   Kan ikke lide dette indlæg (0)
Gammelt indlæg #17 Skrevet Jun 17 2013, 11:53:08 Citat 
Quote ( Kenneth Finlayson @ June 17th 2013,11:39:11 )

and Seb and Nando theres nothing split them apart , Nando got more exp and that shows but Seb can do something that Nando has alwasy had a hard time doing and that putting the car on pole time after time.

Thats not because of Vettel, Newey is who win poles and championships for Seb, what do you think would happen if they change their cars??
Kenneth Finlayson
(Gruppe Pro - 4)

Land:
Skotland 
Certificeret: 
Gammelt indlæg #18 Skrevet Jun 17 2013, 12:52:45 Citat 
Quote ( Fran Betancort @ June 17th 2013,11:53:08 )

Thats not because of Vettel, Newey is who win poles and championships for Seb, what do you think would happen if they change their cars??

you can not win 3 WC in a row by just haveing a good car and if the car was soo good why did webber not come 2nd in all them years ?

the it just the car thing, is getting old . The red bull wasn't the best car last year and still he won , it hard to say who has the best car this year but yet he leads and theres isn't 1 WC on the grid who won there WC with a car that wasn't the best or very close to be the best car

Fran Betancort
(Gruppe Amateur - 40)

Land:
Spanien 
Certificeret: 
Gammelt indlæg #19 Skrevet Jun 17 2013, 12:55:08 Citat 
Quote ( Kenneth Finlayson @ June 17th 2013,12:52:45 )

why did webber not come 2nd in all them years ?

For the same reason because Massa is not just behind Alonso.

Tell me a better car than RB las 3 years.
Kenneth Finlayson
(Gruppe Pro - 4)

Land:
Skotland 
Certificeret: 
Gammelt indlæg #20 Skrevet Jun 17 2013, 14:04:11 Citat 
no he didn't how ever the car wasn't as far off as you might like to belive in fact there were points last season where his car was better then the red bull

lets look at just the last race , we saw nando come from 6th to 2nd ok not bad , but why did he say 6th in the fist place , the 2 mercs are by far the fastish car on 1 lap but apart from that theres nothing to pick between the cars so for a dirver as good as him you expect him to be at least on the 2nd row of the grid , and if he was and got a good start he could of been in that race to win it , this is the same story over and over for nando if he quiafly better he would of most like won the title in 2007,2010 and in 2012 regardless of the car he was in , the extra few places at the start would of been the extra points he needed to win

you may never want to agree with me on this thats fine like i say i don't think one of them is better then the other .
How ever its a fact that seb is a better quialfer then nando we have see this in diffrents cars on diffrnet seasons (when cars were pretty much the same speed), but like i say nando exp makes him a bit better a makeing the right calls or knowing when to push and when not to. this makeing it had to pick who's better.

in 40 years time when no one can rember the races they will look at the stats and the titles this is were seb will come out on top not forgeting that he could easy race for 8-10 years more if he wanted to
Fran Betancort
(Gruppe Amateur - 40)

Land:
Spanien 
Certificeret: 
Gammelt indlæg #21 Skrevet Jun 17 2013, 14:13:48 (senest redigeret Jun 17 2013, 14:14:36 af Fran Betancort) Citat 
Quote ( Kenneth Finlayson @ June 17th 2013,14:04:11 )

in 40 years time when no one can rember the races they will look at the stats and the titles this is were seb will come out on top not forgeting that he could easy race for 8-10 years more if he wanted to

According to you Schumacher has been the best of all times, and he is not, he won many titles because the ferrari he had was much more better than the other cars, there was no comparison between Schumi´s car and the others, thats the reason why F1 put an economic limit, becasuse ferrari spend so much more than the other teams and that way was really easy to win.

Remember the boring races when ferrari was alone up there...

There have been great drivers who didn´t win so many titles, and that doenst mean they were worse than the "lucky" ones.
Great drivers are those who win titles with less cars than their rivals, not the ones who runs alone from the beggining till the end.
Stats are just stats...
Kenneth Finlayson
(Gruppe Pro - 4)

Land:
Skotland 
Certificeret: 
Synes godt om dette indlæg (2)   Kan ikke lide dette indlæg (1)
Gammelt indlæg #22 Skrevet Jun 17 2013, 14:42:51 (senest redigeret Jun 17 2013, 14:45:45 af Kenneth Finlayson) Citat 
Quote ( Fran Betancort @ June 17th 2013,14:13:48 )

According to you Schumacher has been the best of all times, and he is not, he won many titles because the ferrari he had was much more better than the other cars, there was no comparison between Schumi´s car and the others, thats the reason why F1 put an economic limit, becasuse ferrari spend so much more than the other teams and that way was really easy to win.

Remember the boring races when ferrari was alone up there...

There have been great drivers who didn´t win so many titles, and that doenst mean they were worse than the "lucky" ones.
Great drivers are those who win titles with less cars than their rivals, not the ones who runs alone from the beggining till the end.
Stats are just stats...

nope i don't once say that who ever wins the most is the best but when Schumi did his 5 in a row WC is wasn't all Ferrari (well 3 of them years were) at all this just go to show what im talking about how everyone forgets what the season or raceing was like then , and that was only 10 years ago

just to show you what i mean look at 2003 kimi missed winning by 3 points and he would of had them points in ron dennis didn't tell him to stay out when he need new tyres cause kimi was leading but if he pit he would of only come 3rd and ron is all about the win not to mantion all the DNF kimi had that year to, also in 2000 you could say that Mclean was the better car

but yer you forget all that and just rember that Schumi won every thing

the same will happen the the era of F1 were warching now and they will say ow yer the 10's that was when seb won everything and all the other driver just forget about

anyway going back to my point i never said Seb was better casue he won what i say is theres nothing to chose between the 2 of them so if i had to pick i would chose Seb cause he has won 3 WC titles in a row adn as there only 2 other driver that have done that i the histroy of the spot and when you look back on the time that all you will rember

Quote ( Fran Betancort @ June 17th 2013,14:13:48 )

Great drivers are those who win titles with less cars

like i said before there are none of them on the grid right now the close you will get is kimi as the mclaren was clearly the best car that year but will all that was happeing in the team and his car wasn't that far off anyway
Jaime Elizondo
(Gruppe Amateur - 29)

Land:
Mexico 
Certificeret: 
Synes godt om dette indlæg (4)   Kan ikke lide dette indlæg (1)
Gammelt indlæg #23 Skrevet Jun 17 2013, 15:14:25 Citat 
Quote ( Fran Betancort @ June 17th 2013,12:55:08 )

Tell me a better car than RB las 3 years.

Well I really thought last year McLaren was really good, they started the year with great pace, maintain themselves up top and then in the climax of the season the MP4-27 delivered perfectly the results, Reliability issues cost Hamilton the championship by losing 50 points of two wins in Abu Dhabi and Singapore another variables was his bad luck in Germany, Belgium and Brazil.

But I think it's safe to say the McLaren was the best car in the last part of the season
Janne Väänänen
(Gruppe Pro - 15)

Land:
Finland 
Certificeret: 
Gammelt indlæg #24 Skrevet Jun 17 2013, 15:25:22 Citat 
what is best?

is the best driver the driver fastest in quali, or the driver fastest in races, or best tyre saver, maybe the best to take everything out of a sub par car, or the one who makes the smartest strategy calls...greatest car developer, the most consistent one in battle situations, perhaps the one who can dominate one race after another given the fastest car, or the one who can take pressure the best....possibly a combination of these?

Which abilities should I judge and with which ballast?

Until that is specified by the topic maker, I will only answer by two words:

KAMUI KOBAYASHI
Kevin-Jon Manning
(Gruppe Amateur - 16)

Land:
Barbados 
Certificeret: 
Gammelt indlæg #25 Skrevet Jun 17 2013, 15:27:32 Citat 
Quote ( Jaime Elizondo @ June 16th 2013,05:32:06 )

Complete: Fernando Alonso
Fast: Sebastián Vettel
Aggressive: Sergio Pérez

I would say Hamilton is the 2nd in every line above, he is no longer as aggresive and reckless as he was, he is still fast but I personally think Vettel is 1 or 2 tenths faster and he has the experience/talent to be 2nd complete driver in the paddock behind Alonso.

For me the best 3 drivers currently are Alonso, Vettel and Hamilton, in what order? Well its difficult to say because of diferent cars/teams

my thoughts exactly......except for the Perez bit
Raul Pasca
(Gruppe Rookie - 36)

Land:
England 
Certificeret: 
Gammelt indlæg #26 Skrevet Jun 17 2013, 15:54:26 Citat 

lets look at just the last race , we saw nando come from 6th to 2nd ok not bad , but why did he say 6th in the fist place , the 2 mercs are by far the fastish car on 1 lap but apart from that theres nothing to pick between the cars so for a dirver as good as him you expect him to be at least on the 2nd row of the grid , and if he was and got a good start he could of been in that race to win it , this is the same story over and over for nando if he quiafly better he would of most like won the title in 2007,2010 and in 2012 regardless of the car he was in , the extra few places at the start would of been the extra points he needed to win

Lets be honest here the Ferrari has never been the fastest car over a lap, and at times it was lucky to be the fastest 4th or 5th over a lap. That doesnt mean Alonso is a bad qualifier, yes not the best but he still seems to outqualify his teammates?, i still regard Hamilton as the fastest over a lap even if it doesnt look like that at the moment. And in 07 it was like Hamilton 10 - 9 Alonso or thereabouts in quali shoot out over the season.

you may never want to agree with me on this thats fine like i say i don't think one of them is better then the other .
How ever its a fact that seb is a better quialfer then nando

Not at all!!!, Vettels win from the lowest grid position is something like 3rd, and if his car isnt fully suited to his driving style he struggles. Whereas Alonso has adapted to every car, every tyre, every rule without problems.

And again its definetly not a fact that seb is a better qualifier than alonso, what is a fact is that the red bull has been way better than the ferrari since mid way through 09 to the present date. Esspecially in qualifying!!.

And Webber was more than a match for seb in 2010 with the bridgestones, but since the introduction of the pirellis hes just fallen off the pace. Not to mention the favouritism Vettel gets in that team from Marko and Horner, which is probably even more than Alonso gets after seeing Malaysia 2013.

Not at all....First they'll see the stats, then read comments on how others were better than him.

If i were to look at the stats id see Schumacher on top, but then again id think Senna is way better than him, with far less statistics. So if statistics excite you then go ahead, but your only getting half the picture.
Vladimir Pekusha
(Gruppe Pro - 23)

Land:
Frankrig 
Certificeret: 
Gammelt indlæg #27 Skrevet Jun 17 2013, 15:59:19 (senest redigeret Jun 17 2013, 16:02:08 af Vladimir Pekusha) Citat 
Jules Bianchi!!! :D And yes I'm absolutely objective though we have the same nationality...
Well maybe I should add the best YOUNG driver in F1 currently.
Raul Pasca
(Gruppe Rookie - 36)

Land:
England 
Certificeret: 
Synes godt om dette indlæg (1)   Kan ikke lide dette indlæg (0)
Gammelt indlæg #28 Skrevet Jun 17 2013, 16:02:47 (senest redigeret Jun 17 2013, 16:06:54 af Raul Pasca) Citat 

you can not win 3 WC in a row by just haveing a good car and if the car was so good why did webber not come 2nd in all them years ?

Well look at Malaysia 2013, and what Seb said after, and the favouritism that he got. Cant imagine what goes on behind closed doors. Even Turkey 2010 Webber was blamed for the incident because Vettel drove into him lol, Also not to mention Horner actually said that the upgrades that they brought to the car last year after the mid season brake suited Vettel more than Webber. Also theres Helmut Marko.
And lets be honest Webber aint no special driver.

Well see how good Vettel is when he switches to another team which doesnt have Newey, marko or horner in it and a car which has different characteristics to the redbull i.e. not masses of downforce.

the it just the car thing, is getting old . The red bull wasn't the best car last year and still he won,

It was still easily one of the best for half the season, then it got sorted out and started dominating, before mclaren sorted their car out and came back. At the moment all we can say is that it is the car thing, you can clearly see that and if it wasnt for the soft tyres this year the redbull would be dominating every race.

But lets see:

2009 - In the second half of the seaosn the redbull was easily the fastest car.
2010 - The redbull was over a second faster than other cars at times, and this was with webber on pole too.
2011 - Fastest car again
2012 - Midway through it was the fastest car again.
2013 - Its probably the 2nd fastest car at the moment because the merc can get more speed out of its tyres. But then again if the redbulls full potential could be exploited it would probably be the fastest car.
Panto Pantic
(Gruppe Rookie - 331)

Land:
Serbien 
Certificeret: 
Gammelt indlæg #29 Skrevet Jun 22 2013, 12:23:12 Citat 
Massa is the best right now
Shersh Khandelwal
(Gruppe Amateur - 14)

Land:
Indien 
Certificeret: 
Gammelt indlæg #30 Skrevet Jun 22 2013, 12:53:52 Citat 
Quote ( Panto Pantic @ June 22nd 2013,12:23:12 )

Massa is the best right now

He is quite good.
Without alonso, he carried Ferrari really well.
He has been overshadowed after that horrific Hungarian crash in 2009, after which Alonso took over, and Ferrari has always been one Driver team badly for Massa.
Side [12 » Gå til side:
Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Formula One forum > What is the best pilot f1 TODAY? Tilføj dette emne til din ignorér-liste Tilføj dette emne til din favoritliste

Besvar til dette emne