Side [1
Forfatter Emne: Pit Stops 14 svar
Rory Collins
(Gruppe Amateur - 10)

Land:
USA 
Certificeret: 
Synes godt om dette indlæg (1)   Kan ikke lide dette indlæg (0)
Gammelt indlæg #1 Skrevet maj 22 2020, 23:36:10 Citat 
In the last 2 rain races, I've had some curious pit stops during weather changes that have been pretty excessive. My pit crew does suck atm so keep that in mind. Regular pit stops normally take between 22-25 sec for my crew. But weather change pit stops have been between 40-42 sec each stop.

Having random pit stop problems is understandable. But since it's only happening under a weather change pit stop it has me scratching my head.

Is this a normal GPRO deal?
If so I can start getting to work on it to find a cure. Thought Id better see from you guys first if this is normal or not, before I start throwing wrenches at the problem.

Side Note:
Not looking for any data or direct help type answers. I like to try and figure these things out. Just want to make sure this is a normal thing.

Kyle Morris
(Gruppe Amateur - 62)

Land:
England 
Certificeret: 
Synes godt om dette indlæg (5)   Kan ikke lide dette indlæg (0)
Gammelt indlæg #2 Skrevet maj 22 2020, 23:38:46 Citat 
if you pit the same lap the weather changes you will have this high of a pitstop. Think of it as your driver comes into the pits and the crew don't know what to do in the situation of weather so havent prepared the tyres
Tibor Szuromi
(Gruppe Pro - 20)

Land:
Ungarn 
Certificeret: 
Synes godt om dette indlæg (4)   Kan ikke lide dette indlæg (0)
Gammelt indlæg #3 Skrevet maj 22 2020, 23:39:59 Citat 
Stress
Eduardo Sanchez Carenzo
(Gruppe Amateur - 89)

Land:
Mexico 
Certificeret: 
Gammelt indlæg #4 Skrevet maj 22 2020, 23:41:39 Citat 
Do you have the wait x pit laps when weather changes se to 0?

If so what is happening is that your crew was falling asleep and they were not prepared, so when you rushed into the pitlane they had problems finding the tyres.

Sounds like I'm kidding but I'm not, could not find where it is mentioned as such
Claudio Lima
(Gruppe Amateur - 30)

Land:
Brasilien 
Certificeret: 
Gammelt indlæg #5 Skrevet maj 22 2020, 23:42:53 Citat 

Quote ( Rory Collins @ May 22nd 2020,23:36:10 )

In the last 2 rain races, I've had some curious pit stops during weather changes that have been pretty excessive. My pit crew does suck atm so keep that in mind. Regular pit stops normally take between 22-25 sec for my crew. But weather change pit stops have been between 40-42 sec each stop.

It happens with me, too.

Quote ( Kyle Morris @ May 22nd 2020,23:38:46 )

if you pit the same lap the weather changes you will have this high of a pitstop. Think of it as your driver comes into the pits and the crew don't know what to do in the situation of weather so havent prepared the tyres

This is a good explanation!
Patrick Paarhuis
(Gruppe Pro - 18)

Land:
Nederlandene 
Certificeret: 
Synes godt om dette indlæg (2)   Kan ikke lide dette indlæg (1)
Gammelt indlæg #6 Skrevet maj 22 2020, 23:54:48 Citat 

Having random pit stop problems is understandable. But since it's only happening under a weather change pit stop it has me scratching my head.

If so I can start getting to work on it to find a cure. Thought Id better see from you guys first if this is normal or not, before I start throwing wrenches at the problem.

Side Note:
Not looking for any data or direct help type answers. I like to try and figure these things out. Just want to make sure this is a normal thing.

just call it a mercedes pitstop during German GP 2019 😂
Alessandro Casagrande
(Gruppe Pro - 13)

Land:
Italien 
Certificeret: 
Synes godt om dette indlæg (4)   Kan ikke lide dette indlæg (0)
Gammelt indlæg #7 Skrevet maj 22 2020, 23:57:40 Citat 
Look at what other managers are doing and what are their pitstop time :)
Rory Collins
(Gruppe Amateur - 10)

Land:
USA 
Certificeret: 
Synes godt om dette indlæg (0)   Kan ikke lide dette indlæg (0)
Gammelt indlæg #8 Skrevet maj 23 2020, 19:44:51 Citat 
thank you racers
Juan Antonio Morgado
(Gruppe Amateur - 9)

Land:
Spanien 
Certificeret: 
Gammelt indlæg #9 Skrevet Dec 23 2020, 02:30:15 Citat 
when I pit stop and fill half the fuel, the stopping time is longer than when I fill twice the fuel. What a curious thing !! Can someone explain it to me? This game has a lot of inconsistencies. ;-)
Robbie Geerts
(Gruppe Pro - 17)

Land:
Belgien 
Certificeret: 
Gammelt indlæg #10 Skrevet Dec 23 2020, 07:01:02 Citat 
You have to take a lot of stats in account, and also your pit stop settings.

I took a big risk last race and went 58M negative (Pro), knowing that my driver and staff motivation was going to drop to zero (or staye zero...), but forgot that my TD also took a plane back to his family and said to me to F*** OFF :-)

It had a big impact on my pitstop times losing about 4-6 seconds/stop without my TD!

But the only good advice I could give you is this => Join a team with active and experienced managers who are willing to help you out when you have questions!

Greetz
Mikko Heikkinen
(Gruppe Pro - 5)

Land:
Finland 
Certificeret: 
Synes godt om dette indlæg (2)   Kan ikke lide dette indlæg (0)
Gammelt indlæg #11 Skrevet Dec 23 2020, 09:12:42 (senest redigeret Dec 23 2020, 09:15:42 af Mikko Heikkinen) Citat 
Quote ( Juan Antonio Morgado @ December 23rd 2020,02:30:15 )

Can someone explain it to me?

I can try

This game has a lot of inconsistencies. ;-)

or maybe not. Maybe there's a reasonable explanation, maybe you just haven't considered all possibilities :)

What a curious thing !!

You're in amateur, it's not like F1, (elite could be considered a bit more like F1),
Amateur is more like your local karting club where the drivers dads are in the pit :)

In amateur your pit crew is not so well organized, they aren't high class professionals like in high class professional racing would be, after all it is called amateur :)

The point being, the unorganized pitcrew can (and do) have variances in performance as they can do mistakes and bump into each other while trying to perform tasks
Juan Antonio Morgado
(Gruppe Amateur - 9)

Land:
Spanien 
Certificeret: 
Synes godt om dette indlæg (0)   Kan ikke lide dette indlæg (1)
Gammelt indlæg #12 Skrevet Dec 23 2020, 10:40:52 Citat 
Thanks, Robbie and Mikko ;-)
Adonijah Kenneth
(Gruppe Amateur - 86)

Land:
Filippinerne 
Certificeret: 
Gammelt indlæg #13 Skrevet Dec 23 2020, 10:40:52 (senest redigeret Dec 23 2020, 11:10:56 af Adonijah Kenneth) Citat 

Hi am also am some kind of new like you... and on Ama too like you... this game is strictly "Find Out by Yourself"... so I'll will try to do myself not be that specific to you about your issue...

I just want to share to you how you can probably play better by scouting other players..

I just unlocked recently a new Achievement on having the fastest pit on Ama...

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/731339531055530015/...

now lets compare one ofof our datas... that most likely is the key
https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/731339531055530015/...

other than that... having not seeing your Race summaries.. I think you need to compute too how much fuel is enough on your pitting plans and probably tyres too... if you can't find the answers to your questions here... try looking for a mentor. or a team.. or even searching outside the box... if your kind of alone wolf too... Try googling or youtubing... you still won't know whats there until you go there...

Armando Jozsef Mascolo
(Gruppe Amateur - 17)

Land:
Italien 
Certificeret: 
Gammelt indlæg #14 Skrevet Dec 23 2020, 10:47:29 Citat 
Quote ( Patrick Paarhuis @ May 22nd 2020,23:54:48 )

Side Note:

just call it a mercedes pitstop during German GP 2019

lewis hamilton join in the conversation
Juan Antonio Morgado
(Gruppe Amateur - 9)

Land:
Spanien 
Certificeret: 
Gammelt indlæg #15 Skrevet Dec 23 2020, 10:47:42 Citat 
Thanks, Adonijah.
Side [1

Besvar til dette emne