Grand Prix Racing Online Foorum > General forum > Rookie reset rule change Lisa see teema ignoreerimise listi Lisa see teema Jälgitavatesse teemadesse
Lehekülg « 1 2 3 ... 9 [1011 ... 19 20 21 » Mine lehele:
Foorumi teema küsitlus
Do you think the new rule change is a good idea?
Logi sisse et hääletada või vaadata küsitluse tulemusi
Autor Teema: Rookie reset rule change 601 vastust
Rafael Mantovani
(Grupp Elite)

Riik:
Brasiilia 
Sertifikaat: 
Asjalik postitus (0)   Mõttetu postitus (0)
Vana postitus #271 postitatud 24 Sept 2013, 17:58:18 (Viimati muutis Rafael Mantovani 24 Sept 2013, 18:00:59) Tsiteeri 
yep, it is clear, mate... the announcement says:

"Every manager who scored more than 50 points during the season and doesn't promote from Rookie...

So it applies to all Rookie managers, regardless of their position in the standings after R17
:)

E: I see what you mean, but if that specific manager promotes, he won't be affected by the rule, as I see.
Kevin-Jon Manning
(Grupp Pro - 25)

Riik:
Barbados 
Sertifikaat: 
Vana postitus #272 postitatud 24 Sept 2013, 18:05:44 (Viimati muutis Kevin-Jon Manning 24 Sept 2013, 18:06:10) Tsiteeri 
Quote ( Rafael Mantovani @ September 24th 2013,17:58:18 )

yep, it is clear, mate... the announcement says:

"Every manager who scored more than 50 points during the season and doesn't promote from Rookie...

So it applies to all Rookie managers, regardless of their position in the standings after R17
:)

"Every manager who scored more than 50 points during the season and doesn't promote from Rookie... (by finishing the season in negative),
Fran Betancort
(Grupp Pro - 22)

Riik:
Hispaania 
Sertifikaat: 
Vana postitus #273 postitatud 24 Sept 2013, 18:06:28 Tsiteeri 
"Every manager who scored more than 50 points during the season and doesn't promote from Rookie (by finishing the season in negative)"

According to rule if you score more than 50 points and don´t promote being positive you won´t have the penalty.

There are only penalized those who get more than 50 points and stay negative at the end of the season.

The ones who want to stay at Rookie (i.e. for training driver) just have to score less than 50 points per season and they won´t be penalized.

Is that easy :)
Michael Winkley
(Grupp Elite)

Riik:
Wales 
Sertifikaat: 
Asjalik postitus (1)   Mõttetu postitus (0)
Vana postitus #274 postitatud 24 Sept 2013, 18:07:59 (Viimati muutis Michael Winkley 24 Sept 2013, 18:16:15) Tsiteeri 
Good luck getting 50+ points in Rookie, staying positive, and not promoting. Anyone that succeeds in that will get some supporter credits from me. ;)

edit: Last season, for reference, this guy came 7th (all above positive) with 50 pointts and promoted. /gb/ManagerProfile.asp?IDM=245296
Tomislav Ivanic
(Grupp Rookie - 178)

Riik:
Horvaatia 
Sertifikaat: 
Vana postitus #275 postitatud 24 Sept 2013, 18:18:58 Tsiteeri 
You should have done it 20 seasons ago :p
Slowwwwwwwwww!!!
Jorge Ramos
(Grupp Rookie - 337)

Riik:
Hispaania 
Sertifikaat: 
Vana postitus #276 postitatud 24 Sept 2013, 18:28:16 (Viimati muutis Jorge Ramos 24 Sept 2013, 18:29:20) Tsiteeri 
Quote ( Michael Winkley @ September 24th 2013,18:07:59 )

edit: Last season, for reference, this guy came 7th (all above positive) with 50 pointts and promoted. /gb/ManagerProfile.asp?IDM=245296

??? Why that happened, if top 4 managers in that group were in possitive??
Mark Wright
(Grupp Amateur - 24)

Riik:
Šotimaa 
Sertifikaat: 
Vana postitus #277 postitatud 24 Sept 2013, 18:29:20 Tsiteeri 
/gb/AllPromotions.asp?Class=Rookie

Scroll to the bottom.
Jorge Ramos
(Grupp Rookie - 337)

Riik:
Hispaania 
Sertifikaat: 
Vana postitus #278 postitatud 24 Sept 2013, 18:30:24 Tsiteeri 
I can see. Thanks, Mark! :)
Adam Plumb
(Grupp Amateur - 39)

Riik:
Inglismaa 
Sertifikaat: 
Vana postitus #279 postitatud 24 Sept 2013, 19:05:46 Tsiteeri 
imo, I would have made it 40pts. Just to make it alot harder. what people do in 2 or 3 seasons training a driver can still be done with ease.
:-)
Michael Overstreet
(Grupp Amateur - 65)

Riik:
Ameerika Ühendriigid 
Sertifikaat: 
Vana postitus #280 postitatud 24 Sept 2013, 19:09:35 Tsiteeri 
A bit off topic but there sure are alot of Vladimir Alexandrov's lol

Im all for the change though
Sam Norris
(Grupp Rookie - 158)

Riik:
Inglismaa 
Sertifikaat: 
Vana postitus #281 postitatud 25 Sept 2013, 20:22:16 Tsiteeri 
what is with the timing?

if it was at the start of the season nobody could complain but im honestly being screwed over by this and now either have to promote in my training season with less money that has already been wasted OR not race properly anymore this season, im doing the latter

i understand the need for a rule of this sort but it is awful timing imho and means a few are being punished because of some. i want to race properly in my training season not have to try and not score...

Steven Richardson
(Grupp Amateur - 60)

Riik:
Inglismaa 
Sertifikaat: 
Vana postitus #282 postitatud 25 Sept 2013, 20:23:57 Tsiteeri 
so don't score any more points for the rest of the season, easy :)
Kevin-Jon Manning
(Grupp Pro - 25)

Riik:
Barbados 
Sertifikaat: 
Vana postitus #283 postitatud 25 Sept 2013, 20:25:26 Tsiteeri 
Quote ( Sam Norris @ September 25th 2013,20:22:16 )

what is with the timing?

if it was at the start of the season nobody could complain but im honestly being screwed over by this and now either have to promote in my training season with less money that has already been wasted OR not race properly anymore this season, im doing the latter

i understand the need for a rule of this sort but it is awful timing imho and means a few are being punished because of some. i want to race properly in my training season not have to try and not score...

dude....you havent passed 50 points as yet

and further more....is 4 wins on the trot necessary if you claim that it is still a training season????
Robert Green
(Grupp Amateur - 41)

Riik:
Inglismaa 
Sertifikaat: 
Vana postitus #284 postitatud 25 Sept 2013, 20:38:53 Tsiteeri 

what is with the timing?

excuse me the rule is to stop what you did last year ,not to promote while in negative ,so i think you are the some as you referred to ,
Fran Betancort
(Grupp Pro - 22)

Riik:
Hispaania 
Sertifikaat: 
Asjalik postitus (0)   Mõttetu postitus (2)
Vana postitus #285 postitatud 25 Sept 2013, 20:49:58 Tsiteeri 

Do you think 48 points out of 50 is a training season???

When are you going to promote to Amateur, when you get able to score all the 170 points in a season???

Do you think is fair for the other managers in your group who want to promote that you get the first place and the bonus for that place and not promoting?

If you want to train your driver, just stop scoring, with that results you are more than ready to promote, but if you want to stay at Rookie you have two options, start next season with a penalty for scoring more than 50 points or leave that promotion places for the managers who really want to promote and stop scoring.

Josh Clark
(Grupp Amateur - 50)

Riik:
Inglismaa 
Sertifikaat: 
Vana postitus #286 postitatud 25 Sept 2013, 20:54:08 Tsiteeri 

Sadly, it's people like you that have caused this rule to be implemented, so in all honesty I don't really think you should be the one complaining about being punished because of someone else...
Stuart Foster
(Grupp Pro - 5)

Riik:
Inglismaa 
Sertifikaat: 
Vana postitus #287 postitatud 25 Sept 2013, 20:59:37 (Viimati muutis Stuart Foster 25 Sept 2013, 21:27:29) Tsiteeri 
and lets be honest, unless you score a rediculous amount of points, the penalty is not that big, even as far as 100 points..its only 5m loss overall ( if you forget about the 5m bonus for 17 races)...those "training drivers" and still scoring 100 points in the previous season - starting with 25m instead of 35m is irrelevant and should not be a problem, cos if you got 100 points while "training a driver" then 0CT every race is no problem for that small penalty to be of any significance (imo).

I agree with previous posters saying it's not that huge a penalty really...the more points your score then it stands to reason that you should be playing at a higher level, rather than denying it.

actually may I just add one further point :-

Quote ( Andrei Ciuchi @ September 23rd 2013,20:20:11 )

Two words ... Jan Roca.

This stops the creation of 'Super Rookies', those that win their groups over and over and over and finishing in negative at the end of the season.

It's a very good idea.

last time I was "training a driver" in rookie I completely took the piss out of my group and ran some races at 100CT, just for the craic (cos I knew I didn't stand to lose anything by having this bit of fun). Of course, in hindsight it's quite harsh, but y'know, I doubt i'd be alone at having done that.

Well, if this rule had been there I wouldn't have done that, but the important thing is the positive impact this rule will have on preventing experienced player's - or at least making them think twice - about leaving a trail of noob's distraught at finishing so many laps behind.

The knowledge gap alone is a big enough competitive edge for experienced player's to not need to do that...this new rule isn't just a reference for "super rookies" cos those types will still do that regardless and have no ambition at all to promote, more than anything this rule will stop the mickey taking that most certainly does and has happened.
Michael Franks
(Grupp Amateur - 50)

Riik:
Inglismaa 
Sertifikaat: 
Vana postitus #288 postitatud 25 Sept 2013, 23:33:44 Tsiteeri 
Quote ( Stuart Foster @ September 25th 2013,20:59:37 )

and lets be honest, unless you score a rediculous amount of points, the penalty is not that big, even as far as 100 points..its only 5m loss overall ( if you forget about the 5m bonus for 17 races)...those "training drivers" and still scoring 100 points in the previous season - starting with 25m instead of 35m is irrelevant and should not be a problem, cos if you got 100 points while "training a driver" then 0CT every race is no problem for that small penalty to be of any significance (imo).

I agree with previous posters saying it's not that huge a penalty really...the more points your score then it stands to reason that you should be playing at a higher level, rather than denying it.

actually may I just add one further point :-

Quote ( Andrei Ciuchi @ September 23rd 2013,20:20:11 )

Two words ... Jan Roca.

This stops the creation of 'Super Rookies', those that win their groups over and over and over and finishing in negative at the end of the season.

It's a very good idea.

last time I was "training a driver" in rookie I completely took the piss out of my group and ran some races at 100CT, just for the craic (cos I knew I didn't stand to lose anything by having this bit of fun). Of course, in hindsight it's quite harsh, but y'know, I doubt i'd be alone at having done that.

Well, if this rule had been there I wouldn't have done that, but the important thing is the positive impact this rule will have on preventing experienced player's - or at least making them think twice - about leaving a trail of noob's distraught at finishing so many laps behind.

The knowledge gap alone is a big enough competitive edge for experienced player's to not need to do that...this new rule isn't just a reference for "super rookies" cos those types will still do that regardless and have no ambition at all to promote, more than anything this rule will stop the mickey taking that most certainly does and has happened.

Couldn't agree more.

This is a good idea.
Luke Helson
(Grupp Rookie - 126)

Riik:
Austraalia 
Sertifikaat: 
Vana postitus #289 postitatud 25 Sept 2013, 23:53:22 Tsiteeri 
Quote ( Josh Anderson @ September 23rd 2013,20:18:08 )

Every manager who scored more than 50 points during the season and doesn't promote from Rookie (by finishing the season in negative), will start next season with a financial penalty worth $200.000 for every point he scored above 50 points in the previous season.

Does this only affect players who end up in negative with a total of more than 50 points? It seems to only affect managers with a negative balance when you read the rule very carefully.

Can there be total clarification on this. If the penalty affects every manager who earns more than 50 points and doesn't promote even with a positive balance, than the brackets should be removed and the point about the negative balance should be removed.
Mark Wright
(Grupp Amateur - 24)

Riik:
Šotimaa 
Sertifikaat: 
Asjalik postitus (2)   Mõttetu postitus (0)
Vana postitus #290 postitatud 25 Sept 2013, 23:57:14 (Viimati muutis Mark Wright 25 Sept 2013, 23:58:47) Tsiteeri 

i want to race properly in my training season not have to try and not score...

You missed a bit:

"then dump to -25 mil before the last race thus ensuring that some poor sap in 5th place promotes with next to no points having denied those below me of the extra cash for the race positions, fastest laps, sponsor progress and ensuring the top guy that promotes only does so with prize money for coming second".

Nothing personal but that's the whole reason it was brought in regardless of timing. Personally I would have loved to have seen it introduced around Race 15 but that's just my evil sense of humour ;)

Its about time this rule was introduced and it's just a shame it's taken so long having been talked about for seasons before hand.

Luke the answer is in the announcement mate:

(by finishing the season in negative)
David Andrewartha
(Grupp Amateur - 21)

Riik:
Inglismaa 
Sertifikaat: 
Asjalik postitus (1)   Mõttetu postitus (1)
Vana postitus #291 postitatud 26 Sept 2013, 00:07:15 Tsiteeri 
Quote ( Fran Betancort @ September 25th 2013,20:49:58 )

Do you think is fair for the other managers in your group who want to promote that you get the first place and the bonus for that place and not promoting?

Says the guy who scored 102 points in S33 and didn't promote by going into negative!
I agree with the rule, but I also agree with Sam, I think a little warning ( as in "This rule will become effective next season.") would've been fairer than instant implementation.
Quote ( Josh Clark @ September 25th 2013,20:54:08 )

Sadly, it's people like you that have caused this rule to be implemented

And Josh;
S32 3rd in R35 with 70 points and 15 million in debt
S35 2nd in R41 with 80 points and 57 million in debt

Hypocritical, or do you just have a short memory?

Sam's only completed 37 races so just maybe he's following the example of more established players like yourselves.

Now, who is it that's caused this rule to be implemented? Throwing stones in glass houses springs to mind.
Kevin Parkinson
(Grupp Amateur - 72)

GPRO Juhtkond
  Riik:
Šotimaa 
Sertifikaat: 
Vana postitus #292 postitatud 26 Sept 2013, 00:09:01 Tsiteeri 
Quote ( Luke Helson @ September 25th 2013,23:53:22 )

Quote ( Josh Anderson @ September 23rd 2013,20:18:08 )

Every manager who scored more than 50 points during the season and doesn't promote from Rookie (by finishing the season in negative), will start next season with a financial penalty worth $200.000 for every point he scored above 50 points in the previous season.

Does this only affect players who end up in negative with a total of more than 50 points? It seems to only affect managers with a negative balance when you read the rule very carefully.

Can there be total clarification on this. If the penalty affects every manager who earns more than 50 points and doesn't promote even with a positive balance, than the brackets should be removed and the point about the negative balance should be removed.

I see no doubt at all. The rule only affects those not promoting due to negative cash balance while having over 50 points.
Paul Hughes
(Grupp Amateur - 88)

Riik:
Inglismaa 
Sertifikaat: 
Vana postitus #293 postitatud 26 Sept 2013, 00:18:13 Tsiteeri 
i dont think it will make any difference at all?
Fran Betancort
(Grupp Pro - 22)

Riik:
Hispaania 
Sertifikaat: 
Vana postitus #294 postitatud 26 Sept 2013, 00:25:52 Tsiteeri 
Quote ( David Andrewartha @ September 26th 2013,00:07:15 )

Says the guy who scored 102 points in S33 and didn't promote by going into negative!

I finished with no money and I increased the negative to keep my driver. Not all the players who score a lot of points ends in positive. It was a bad managing of my economy from my part, after that season I promoted and haven´t gone down again, just like you, who seems that have only fun beating Rookies.

You have gone into negative many more times than me, but you don´t remember when you did because you are too busy looking what others did to talk about "hypocritical".

David Andrewartha
(Grupp Amateur - 21)

Riik:
Inglismaa 
Sertifikaat: 
Vana postitus #295 postitatud 26 Sept 2013, 00:28:23 (Viimati muutis David Andrewartha 26 Sept 2013, 00:33:21) Tsiteeri 
Never in a promoting position and always with less than 50 points Fran, don't distort the facts to defend your shaky position on this issue.
Also, I've been in negative 3 times, and one of those was as a result of retiring, so I make that a total of twice which is exactly the same as you, and not as you say "many more times". You really do have a problem with facts it seems.
Fran Betancort
(Grupp Pro - 22)

Riik:
Hispaania 
Sertifikaat: 
Vana postitus #296 postitatud 26 Sept 2013, 00:31:43 Tsiteeri 
Quote ( David Andrewartha @ September 26th 2013,00:28:23 )

Never in a promoting position and always with less than 50 points Fran, don't distort the facts to defend your shaky position on this issue.

I don´t distort any fact more than you, who accuse without knowing about, is you the one who when gets boring go down to Rookie to get prepared and beat them all again, and again...
David Andrewartha
(Grupp Amateur - 21)

Riik:
Inglismaa 
Sertifikaat: 
Vana postitus #297 postitatud 26 Sept 2013, 00:35:13 Tsiteeri 
I think you need some sleep Fran, you sound overtired.
Fran Betancort
(Grupp Pro - 22)

Riik:
Hispaania 
Sertifikaat: 
Vana postitus #298 postitatud 26 Sept 2013, 00:40:26 Tsiteeri 
Quote ( David Andrewartha @ September 26th 2013,00:35:13 )

I think you need some sleep Fran, you sound overtired.

It´s you the one bored looking for what others do and forgetting about himself, try to rest a little and if this season in Ama you don´t succeed you can go Rookie...

...again.
Florencia Caro
(Grupp Master - 5)

GPRO Juhtkond
  Riik:
Argentiina 
Sertifikaat: 
Asjalik postitus (2)   Mõttetu postitus (1)
Vana postitus #299 postitatud 26 Sept 2013, 00:40:27 Tsiteeri 
Guys, points have been made, move on?
Jensen Owens
(Grupp Rookie - 105)

Riik:
Wales 
Sertifikaat: 
Vana postitus #300 postitatud 26 Sept 2013, 00:41:08 Tsiteeri 
Flo use your powers lol :-)
Lehekülg « 1 2 3 ... 9 [1011 ... 19 20 21 » Mine lehele:
Grand Prix Racing Online Foorum > General forum > Rookie reset rule change Lisa see teema ignoreerimise listi Lisa see teema Jälgitavatesse teemadesse

Vasta teemale