Lehekülg [1
Autor Teema: Unbelievable success? 13 vastust
Jeff Naylor
(Grupp Amateur - 10)

Riik:
Inglismaa 
Sertifikaat: 
Asjalik postitus (4)   Mõttetu postitus (2)
Vana postitus #1 postitatud 23 Juun 2019, 10:18:18 Tsiteeri 
I've just observed a new manager pass through my amateur group. It was his fourth season in GPRO (although of course he could be an old player that has reinvented himself - nothing wrong with that).

In his first season in Rookie he ended with a negative balance. He picked up his current driver on race 5.

In his second season he won Rookie with a balance of over $100m

In his third season, now in Amateur, he finished mid table with a balance of $100m.

In his fourth season he won Amateur with a balance of $120m and a level 7 car. His (same) driver now has an O/L of 137 and his salary is less the $500k a race.

Perhaps there is something magical about the driver and perhaps the perfect start to a rookie career could give you a working cash balance that allows you to keep winning races - success breads success, as it were.

I'm a player with only 2.5 years experience, so I have a rough idea how things work, We have a team spreadsheet and other tools that helps me make good setup choices, and I can easily stay in my group. I see other players that make better spending and strategy choices than me get better results in my group but still take much more than one season before having a chance to promote. but obviously I'm not making the right choices - I've yet to get into pro, even for a season.

If this manager is just super-experienced and know exactly what choices to make, and the rate of progress is actually feasible, fine. But if it is down to (incredible) luck, or some people have a way to cheat, then it makes the whole game pointless to me.
Stuart Foster
(Grupp Amateur - 86)

Riik:
Wales 
Sertifikaat: 
Asjalik postitus (0)   Mõttetu postitus (0)
Vana postitus #2 postitatud 23 Juun 2019, 10:21:20 Tsiteeri 
It wasn't Gino Zernani was it btw?
Mark Van Daalen
(Grupp Pro - 23)

Riik:
Holland 
Sertifikaat: 
Asjalik postitus (1)   Mõttetu postitus (1)
Vana postitus #3 postitatud 23 Juun 2019, 10:55:26 Tsiteeri 
Simple answer
This kuch guy is in a good team
So their tools and way of playing Gpro works good.

Jay De Snoo
(Grupp Pro - 11)

Riik:
Holland 
Sertifikaat: 
Asjalik postitus (0)   Mõttetu postitus (1)
Vana postitus #4 postitatud 23 Juun 2019, 10:58:39 Tsiteeri 
Such progression is absolutely feasible Jeff if one knows how on what to do. He might not have known at first, but his team is very experienced so they certainly did and he joined that team after his 3rd or so race...
Jan Velske3
(Grupp Elite)

Riik:
Saksamaa 
Sertifikaat: 
Asjalik postitus (9)   Mõttetu postitus (1)
Vana postitus #5 postitatud 23 Juun 2019, 11:11:45 Tsiteeri 
Its a simple rule of life.

There are 2 kind of people in the world:

- the ones who are worse than you
- the ones who cheat
Mark Van Daalen
(Grupp Pro - 23)

Riik:
Holland 
Sertifikaat: 
Vana postitus #6 postitatud 23 Juun 2019, 11:15:21 Tsiteeri 
Haha,

in that theory of you towards me .... you cheat Jan hahaha
Jay De Snoo
(Grupp Pro - 11)

Riik:
Holland 
Sertifikaat: 
Vana postitus #7 postitatud 23 Juun 2019, 11:19:40 Tsiteeri 
Quote ( Jan Velske @ June 23rd 2019,11:11:45 )

Its a simple rule of life.

There are 2 kind of people in the world:

- the ones who are worse than you
- the ones who cheat

So the one who teached me the game was a cheater? Appearantly we never got to that chapter then, Jan :P
Jeff Naylor
(Grupp Amateur - 10)

Riik:
Inglismaa 
Sertifikaat: 
Asjalik postitus (2)   Mõttetu postitus (0)
Vana postitus #8 postitatud 24 Juun 2019, 00:09:52 Tsiteeri 
Thanks for the responses. While I still find it difficult to believe, I'll assume it is possible. I'm going to keep a very close eye on the manager in question from now on as I might be able to learn something..

I never said that anyone who gets better results than me is cheating, BTW. I'm assuming it was a meant as joke, although it could also be taken as patronising twaddle. I've been on the internet for long enough to expect that sort of response.
Mark Van Daalen
(Grupp Pro - 23)

Riik:
Holland 
Sertifikaat: 
Vana postitus #9 postitatud 24 Juun 2019, 00:19:11 Tsiteeri 
learning is best thing to do....
check his driver
check his staff level
check his strategy in race and in game
check his race resume

aka learn
Jasper Coosemans1
(Grupp Master - 2)

Riik:
Belgia 
Sertifikaat: 
Asjalik postitus (5)   Mõttetu postitus (1)
Vana postitus #10 postitatud 24 Juun 2019, 00:27:13 (Viimati muutis Jasper Coosemans 24 Juun 2019, 00:36:46) Tsiteeri 
Quote ( Jeff Naylor @ June 24th 2019,00:09:52 )

Thanks for the responses. While I still find it difficult to believe, I'll assume it is possible. I'm going to keep a very close eye on the manager in question from now on as I might be able to learn something..

I never said that anyone who gets better results than me is cheating, BTW. I'm assuming it was a meant as joke, although it could also be taken as patronising twaddle. I've been on the internet for long enough to expect that sort of response.

It was a joke, Jan himself has often been on the receiving end of cheating accusations because he is "too good to be a fair player", according to some. ;)

The manager you mentioned is remarkable indeed, but not beyond the realms of possibility. Two things are required to get success like that: he must be intelligent and he must get guidance from experienced players, right from the start of his career. Perhaps he is a real-life friend of one of his experienced team mates, for example.

Cheating unfortunately does exist on GPRO in the form of double accounts, but that is up to the admins to take care of. And in this world, one is innocent until proven otherwise.
Alex Popa
(Grupp Rookie - 73)

Riik:
Kanada 
Sertifikaat: 
Vana postitus #11 postitatud 24 Juun 2019, 13:33:13 Tsiteeri 
Thank you Jeff for pointing out this performer. No sarcasm here whatsoever, I will spy on the lad as best as I can, seems like I could learn from his race strategies.

Also, looking at his sponsor list....... one can definitely learn something! Seems like at least one sponsor he signed for more than 40 races. I didn't know that's possible.
Diogo Abdalla
(Grupp Amateur - 3)

Riik:
Brasiilia 
Sertifikaat: 
Asjalik postitus (6)   Mõttetu postitus (0)
Vana postitus #12 postitatud 24 Juun 2019, 13:46:06 Tsiteeri 
Quote ( Alex Popa @ June 24th 2019,13:33:13 )

Thank you Jeff for pointing out this performer. No sarcasm here whatsoever, I will spy on the lad as best as I can, seems like I could learn from his race strategies.

Also, looking at his sponsor list....... one can definitely learn something! Seems like at least one sponsor he signed for more than 40 races. I didn't know that's possible.

Thats probably a promo sponsor
Twig Fahaji
(Grupp Elite)

Riik:
Inglismaa 
Sertifikaat: 
Asjalik postitus (1)   Mõttetu postitus (0)
Vana postitus #13 postitatud 24 Juun 2019, 14:58:31 Tsiteeri 
I would also note that he actually only won 4 of his first 60 races, that's by no means an unbelievable success (of course sometimes playing the long game means sacrificing short term wins), and also most of his recent wins came after another well-performing manager (Bazilica) in the group retired from the game.

His most impressive achievement is probably the cash he has racked up along the way, but that's only one piece of the puzzle - the challenge of this game eventually becomes about how to balance the many aspects, especially from Pro upwards. Though obviously if you have your finances sorted it makes life a little easier!
Sam Norris
(Grupp Master - 3)

Riik:
Inglismaa 
Sertifikaat: 
Asjalik postitus (1)   Mõttetu postitus (0)
Vana postitus #14 postitatud 24 Juun 2019, 16:48:42 (Viimati muutis Florencia Caro 24 Juun 2019, 21:01:50) Tsiteeri 
PLOT TWIST - He's underperforming for his success :D

Seem to remember Roland achieving a lot more success, joining Jaguar halfway through his 2nd Rookie season surely helped but he was well on his way to a Rookie promo anyway.

Mod Edit: PM sent
Lehekülg [1

Vasta teemale