Grand Prix Racing Online Foro > General forum > Super rookie penalty Agregar este tema a tu lista de ignorados Agregar este tema a tu lista de observados
Página « 1 [2 Ir a la página:
Autor Tema: Super rookie penalty 58 respuestas
Twig Fahaji
(Grupo Rookie - 102)

País:
Inglaterra 
Certificado: 
Me gusta este mensaje (0)   No me gusta este mensaje (0)
Mensaje viejo #31 Publicado el 25-Sep-2017, 10:17:33 Citar 
Quote ( Kirsty Ridley @ September 25th 2017,09:57:06 )

Quote ( Twig Fahaji @ September 25th 2017,09:54:05 )

it's annoying if people are really good and opt to avoid promotion
Ahh, but if you are really good, you should be racing against other who are really good, not staying to beat those who are in rookie and not so good.

I agree, which is why if I'm going to finish in the top three I won't drop into negative in order to avoid promotion!

I'm guessing that in theory the 3 promoted drivers will be replaced by 3 amateurs who also know what they're doing, so the group won't get decidedly easier.

While I'm pleased with my 70pts total, I didn't win a race all year, and got 3 of my 4 podium finishes in the last 3 races of the season when a few of the top guys had technical problems (saving money for amateur presumably), so it wasn't like I was tearing it up!

There's also the motivation to race in all 17 races... If I had not bothered with the last few races of the season I could have finished with less than 50pts and $30m. So I'm only $1m better off now - I know it shouldn't be sniffed at, but I had £33m last year due to passing my certificate and expected to have more this time out!
Kirsty Ridley
(Grupo Amateur - 63)

País:
Inglaterra 
Certificado: 
Mensaje viejo #32 Publicado el 25-Sep-2017, 10:27:45 Citar 
Quote ( Andrew Wilden @ September 25th 2017,10:11:25 )

So when R U relegating to Rookie Krusty ? LOL

:P blurgh!

Twig, ama is the place to make money

And the empty spots will maybe be amas, but those who couldn't manage in ama or are starting over so still not exactly experts. There are always a few who reset from elite, or master but mostly rookie is filled with exactly that, rookies.
Barry Gregorick
(Grupo Rookie - 88)

País:
Inglaterra 
Certificado: 
Me gusta este mensaje (0)   No me gusta este mensaje (1)
Mensaje viejo #33 Publicado el 25-Sep-2017, 11:09:04 Citar 
Personally I think this super rookie penalty is is a good idea, most people who go negative usually do so to improve their driver ready for promoting to amatuer and stay so as not to get relegated straight back down again. But I think that has now changed so its easier to stay in amatuer with less relegating now.
I for one don't intend coming back down again once I have promoted.
Kyle Morris
(Grupo Pro - 12)

País:
Inglaterra 
Certificado: 
Me gusta este mensaje (1)   No me gusta este mensaje (0)
Mensaje viejo #34 Publicado el 25-Sep-2017, 12:29:56 (última edición el 25-Sep-2017, 12:30:17 por Kyle Morris) Citar 
Rule 7.3 last paragraph :p
Dainius Vaškys
(Grupo Amateur - 18)

País:
Lituania 
Certificado: 
Mensaje viejo #35 Publicado el 25-Sep-2017, 14:18:40 (última edición el 25-Sep-2017, 14:21:06 por Dainius Vaškys) Citar 
I have a suggestion, why don't we introduce super rookie groups which don't have promotions ? All the super rookies could race each other the way they like, BUT wait, they don't want that do they ? They wan't to race and win against new players who are learning the game ?

Then why don't we make that with each time super rookies relegate with top 3 position, they start with less and less money ? So they won't be able to race the way they like ? For example use 2 seasons to filter super rookies, then 3rd season, super rookie starts with 0 money, exactly 0, 4th season if he continues the same path, with negative balance of -5mil, and then each season increase negative balance by 5mil. Staff moti will drop, driver moti will drop and maybe they re-think there strategy of keep punishing new players. As I mentioned somewhere before, some new players don't know all the rules and when they don't reach top 3, they do stupid stuff, like going negative for no reason, some who know the rules are doing so that they will keep there driver, but how many of them are actually doing so, I saw a lot of new players who are trying to promote with new drivers each season and those drivers usually are the crappy with overpriced salary which you get for free ...

P.S. For those unfortunate managers who want to promote and avoid super rookies, try choosing new group which do not have any of them, I did that and had fun racing in that group :P
Stuart Foster
(Grupo Pro - 23)

País:
Inglaterra 
Certificado: 
Mensaje viejo #36 Publicado el 25-Sep-2017, 14:36:07 (última edición el 25-Sep-2017, 14:36:25 por Stuart Foster) Citar 
Why shouldn't they be able to race the way they like? It's rookie, newbies sometimes use higher risk or cut throat strategies than a super rookie, so it can be difficult to pigeon hole these types of players when that strategy can actually be achieved even by accident (not hard to ruin your finances after all !). And I'm not sure putting all those players together is a good idea either cos that might reduce the numbers playing / enjoying the game in their own way. Any change in rookie has to be handled with trepidation as that's where player retention is the most challenging for admins.
Twig Fahaji
(Grupo Rookie - 102)

País:
Inglaterra 
Certificado: 
Mensaje viejo #37 Publicado el 25-Sep-2017, 15:34:21 Citar 
Quote ( Stuart Foster @ September 25th 2017,14:36:07 )

Why shouldn't they be able to race the way they like? It's rookie, newbies sometimes use higher risk or cut throat strategies than a super rookie, so it can be difficult to pigeon hole these types of players when that strategy can actually be achieved even by accident (not hard to ruin your finances after all !). And I'm not sure putting all those players together is a good idea either cos that might reduce the numbers playing / enjoying the game in their own way. Any change in rookie has to be handled with trepidation as that's where player retention is the most challenging for admins.

Overall I think it's quite a good idea, and it's ok to have a mix of drivers. I guess my individual situation has made me question it a bit more. It feels quite different to punish a newbie for having a good first season compared to punishing an experienced player who just wants to win every race every season, but it's tough to define the rules that would differentiate those cases.

I think part of the problem might be more to do with how rapidly your driver motivation increases and how it artificially inflates your driver rating. Perhaps if that also reset to zero at the end of the season (i.e. before the game assessed whether you could keep your driver) for players staying in rookie, there wouldn't be the need to go into negative balance.
Josh Clark
(Grupo Pro - 19)

País:
Inglaterra 
Certificado: 
Mensaje viejo #38 Publicado el 25-Sep-2017, 15:39:18 Citar 
When private leagues come around and people can set up leagues which, for example, require 100 wins to qualify for invitation to the league, Super Rookies practically will cease to exist.
Luis Piedra
(Grupo Rookie - 83)

País:
España 
Certificado: 
Mensaje viejo #39 Publicado el 25-Sep-2017, 15:47:07 (última edición el 25-Sep-2017, 15:53:14 por Luis Piedra) Citar 
In the rules puts:
Each manager who has scored more than 50 points during the season and does not CLIMB from Rookie (to end the season with a negative balance) will start the following season with a financial penalty of $ 200,000 for each point scored that exceeds 50 points in the previous season . The amount will be deducted from the starting money for the new season (after the season restart).

(SPAIN ): NO ASCIENDA desde Rookie (por terminar la temporada con saldo negativo)

I understood that ONLY you were penalized if you were in position of promotion, not in 4th place ...

NOT ALWAYS I AGREE WITH THE RULE.

SEE YOU AT THE TRACK!!!!!!!
Jody Parker
(Grupo Pro - 8)

País:
Inglaterra 
Certificado: 
Me gusta este mensaje (2)   No me gusta este mensaje (0)
Mensaje viejo #40 Publicado el 25-Sep-2017, 15:51:05 Citar 
In the English rules it states:
"Any manager who starts a season in Rookie will do so with a financial penalty worth $200,000 for every point they scored above 50 points in the previous season. This penalty does not apply to managers who finished the previous season in Rookie with a positive balance."

Nothing about not promoting when able, only getting more than 50 points AND ending teh season in negative money.
Juca Santos
(Grupo Rookie - 131)

País:
Brasil 
Certificado: 
Mensaje viejo #41 Publicado el 12-May-2018, 19:49:29 Citar 
Man if i dont promote this season i will be screwed, im projecting 80+ points by the end of the season and it will be a huge financial loss for the new season start, it will definitely put me in disavantage against people starting with 30 or 35m, i dont disagree with the rule i just think 200k per point is a lot of money
Peter Willmore
(Grupo Pro - 9)

País:
Inglaterra 
Certificado: 
Mensaje viejo #42 Publicado el 12-May-2018, 19:51:10 Citar 
Quote ( Juca Santos @ May 12th 2018,19:49:29 )

Man if i dont promote this season i will be screwed, im projecting 80+ points by the end of the season and it will be a huge financial loss for the new season start, it will definitely put me in disavantage against people starting with 30 or 35m, i dont disagree with the rule i just think 200k per point is a lot of money

you will only get the penalty if you finish negative :)
Juca Santos
(Grupo Rookie - 131)

País:
Brasil 
Certificado: 
Mensaje viejo #43 Publicado el 12-May-2018, 19:53:14 (última edición el 12-May-2018, 19:53:51 por Juca Santos) Citar 
Problem solved then, cheers mate :)
Kyle Morris
(Grupo Master - 1)

País:
Inglaterra 
Certificado: 
Mensaje viejo #44 Publicado el 12-May-2018, 20:01:27 Citar 
Pretty sure you'll be in additional promoters anyway on 80+ points
Twig Fahaji
(Grupo Amateur - 7)

País:
Inglaterra 
Certificado: 
Mensaje viejo #45 Publicado el 12-May-2018, 20:48:15 Citar 
Juca, I expect you already know this because you have been playing for a few seasons, but just in case, the “All Promotions” link in the bottom left of the homepage is where you find all the ‘additional’ promotions Kyle refers to.

I only say this because I went negative in my first season because I didn’t know there were these additional slots and assumed finishing 5th meant no promotion.
Juca Santos
(Grupo Rookie - 131)

País:
Brasil 
Certificado: 
Mensaje viejo #46 Publicado el 12-May-2018, 20:54:23 (última edición el 12-May-2018, 21:06:42 por Juca Santos) Citar 
Thanks Twig for the tip, i knew you could promote from top 4 based on your points i just didnt knew where to look it, i saw that tab once but never crossed my mind to scroll down to the botton, i was always checking only the top 3 on my group
Kyle Morris
(Grupo Master - 1)

País:
Inglaterra 
Certificado: 
Mensaje viejo #47 Publicado el 12-May-2018, 22:15:11 Citar 
Not even top 4, its down to 8th that can promote depending on various things like multiple people negative, or the absured way of all 8 being in additional which i think is impossible, though you can get 79 points and finish 8th so i suppose it could happen
Jerome Manzon
(Grupo Amateur - 22)

País:
Filipinas 
Certificado: 
Me gusta este mensaje (1)   No me gusta este mensaje (12)
Mensaje viejo #48 Publicado el 3-Ene-2020, 20:01:11 (última edición el 3-Ene-2020, 20:09:19 por Jerome Manzon) Citar 
My suggestion is to create a new division lower than Rookie.

Managers who garnered an average of 3.5pts/race or better in their past 2 consecutive Rookie Seasons without promoting will relegate to this new Division.

Call it "Repeaters Division" or "Hollow Division".

I think 1 group under that division is enough for all super rookies. But to be safe maybe admins can create 2~5 extra groups for future purposes.

All rulings for Rookie Division shall be applied to "Repeaters/Hollow Division" except for:
a)they won't score team points regardless of their race results
b)the driver OA limit is 60
c)starting S&F stats after season reset must be lower than what Rookie has.
d)once the manager decides to promote back to rookie, all stats are reset(as if they were retained in rookie) and money is set to 30m (+5m, if he/she participated in all races from last season).
Tibor Szuromi
(Grupo Master - 4)

País:
Hungría 
Certificado: 
Mensaje viejo #49 Publicado el 3-Ene-2020, 21:53:31 Citar 
There must be some sanction.
Sébastien Boulanger
(Grupo Pro - 5)

País:
Francia 
Certificado: 
Me gusta este mensaje (4)   No me gusta este mensaje (0)
Mensaje viejo #50 Publicado el 3-Ene-2020, 22:00:19 Citar 
Already discussed, everyone play as he want.
If you don't want to be in a group with a SR, find group where you want to be and chose it 😜
Jerome Manzon
(Grupo Amateur - 22)

País:
Filipinas 
Certificado: 
Me gusta este mensaje (0)   No me gusta este mensaje (1)
Mensaje viejo #51 Publicado el 3-Ene-2020, 22:01:57 (última edición el 3-Ene-2020, 22:02:35 por Jerome Manzon) Citar 
This is not for me, I am not afraid of SRs, this is for balanced gaming experience for new comers and fix for abusers.
Tibor Szuromi
(Grupo Master - 4)

País:
Hungría 
Certificado: 
Mensaje viejo #52 Publicado el 3-Ene-2020, 22:20:08 Citar 
Quote ( Jerome Manzon @ January 3rd 2020,22:01:57 )

This is not for me, I am not afraid of SRs, this is for balanced gaming experience for new comers and fix for abusers.
Exactly
Adonijah Kenneth
(Grupo Rookie - 137)

País:
Filipinas 
Certificado: 
Mensaje viejo #53 Publicado el 5-Ene-2020, 09:14:32 Citar 
how about... those whom will relegate from higher divisions will be filtered. Those with expirience with 3 or more consecutive Seasons on Ama and Above will have their own Group and after the Season the 50% of "Additional promotions (ordered by points)" will be filled by them. Win-win solution I think.
Yakup Paçacı
(Grupo Amateur - 7)

País:
Turquía 
Certificado: 
Mensaje viejo #54 Publicado el 5-Ene-2020, 09:59:03 Citar 
it's have to negative scores start up.

score a head = 1 negative score
Marco Ferraz
(Grupo Pro - 20)

País:
Bélgica 
Certificado: 
Mensaje viejo #55 Publicado el 5-Ene-2020, 10:52:48 Citar 
Quote ( Yakup Paçacı @ January 5th 2020,09:59:03 )

score a head = 1 negative score

Damn it. Can't even play a game with zombies then :(
Tibor Szuromi
(Grupo Master - 4)

País:
Hungría 
Certificado: 
Mensaje viejo #56 Publicado el 5-Ene-2020, 11:19:41 Citar 
xxx.zombi.gpro.com.
Rui Fonseca
(Grupo Rookie - 117)

País:
Inglaterra 
Certificado: 
Me gusta este mensaje (3)   No me gusta este mensaje (2)
Mensaje viejo #57 Publicado el 17-May-2022, 16:11:43 Citar 
/gb/MoneyLevels.asp?Group=Rookie%20-%20117&sort=level

Dear admins:

This penalty was not enough to stop a fellow manager to build a level 5 car to race against level 2 (newbies) cars

So he´s going to win "rookie 117" for the sixth time in a row.

It´s all about gaming experience, and for those in this group is not so great since someone is "manipulating" the game.

Heavier sanctions are necessary.

Thank you.
Diogo Abdalla
(Grupo Master - 2)

País:
Brasil 
Certificado: 
Me gusta este mensaje (4)   No me gusta este mensaje (2)
Mensaje viejo #58 Publicado el 17-May-2022, 16:21:33 (última edición el 17-May-2022, 16:23:00 por Diogo Abdalla) Citar 
Why do you care?

He is playing by the rules and he is not preventing anyone from advancing to ama.
Eoin Farrelly
(Grupo Rookie - 91)

País:
Irlanda 
Certificado: 
Mensaje viejo #59 Publicado el 17-May-2022, 16:38:58 Citar 

Quote ( Rui Fonseca @ May 17th 2022,16:11:43 )

Dear admins:

This penalty was not enough to stop a fellow manager to build a level 5 car to race against level 2 (newbies) cars

So he´s going to win "rookie 117" for the sixth time in a row.

Don't worry Rui, there's a guy in your group who had finished 5th in Elite with only a handful of races, I'm confident he will snatch 1st place in R-117 away from this super rookie! ;)
Página « 1 [2 Ir a la página:
Grand Prix Racing Online Foro > General forum > Super rookie penalty Agregar este tema a tu lista de ignorados Agregar este tema a tu lista de observados

Responder a este tema