Grand Prix Racing Online Foro > Off topic forum > The Ralph Firman Story Agregar este tema a tu lista de ignorados Agregar este tema a tu lista de observados
Página [1
Autor Tema: The Ralph Firman Story 20 respuestas
Alex Popa
(Grupo Rookie - 73)

País:
Canadá 
Certificado: 
Me gusta este mensaje (33)   No me gusta este mensaje (1)
Mensaje viejo #1 Publicado el 25-Jun-2019, 12:32:55 (última edición el 25-Jun-2019, 12:34:10 por Alex Popa) Citar 
Reported by the "Leinster Leader" https://www.leinsterleader.ie/

Local talent Ralph Firman /gb/DriverProfile.asp?ID=45 has signed his first professional driver contract, our sources in Hungary report. Pursued by more than 25 professional teams, the native of Newbridge, County Kildare, has decided to compete for a popular GPRO team based in Hungary. His first seaason as a professional will find him trying to beat the clock in Rookie - 43 Group /gb/Standings.asp?Group=Rookie%20-%2043
His salary is reported at around 700 000 USD for the next 17 races.

Born May 2nd, 1998, young Ralph is no stranger to racing, as his family has deep roots in the world circuit. He is the son of Natasha Firman (born 1976), Formula Woman champion in 2004. His uncle, Ralph Firman Jr. (born 1975) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ralph_Firman is a former F1 driver for Jordan in the 2003 Formula 1 Season. Scouts report on young Ralph as having unique talent and technical skills, the result of playing around various racing teams' workshops during his childhood and teenage years.

Let's wish him a lot of luck in his career! Go n-éirí an bóthar leat, Ralph!
Alan Snyder
(Grupo Amateur - 77)

País:
Estados Unidos 
Certificado: 
Me gusta este mensaje (2)   No me gusta este mensaje (0)
Mensaje viejo #2 Publicado el 25-Jun-2019, 13:44:22 Citar 
Wreck 'em Ralph! Good luck! LoL
Rastislav Padysak
(Grupo Rookie - 108)

País:
Eslovaquia 
Certificado: 
Mensaje viejo #3 Publicado el 25-Jun-2019, 14:29:32 Citar 
Another Ralph Firman ready to race :-) : /DriverProfile.asp?ID=12133
Alex Popa
(Grupo Rookie - 73)

País:
Canadá 
Certificado: 
Mensaje viejo #4 Publicado el 25-Jun-2019, 17:14:14 Citar 
This latter guy is the UK clone of the Irish Ralph Firman. It's a dynasty!

Curious if somebody will pick this lad so we can make this a story about two cousins fighting to become racing stars!
Jasper Coosemans1
(Grupo Master - 2)

País:
Bélgica 
Certificado: 
Me gusta este mensaje (6)   No me gusta este mensaje (0)
Mensaje viejo #5 Publicado el 25-Jun-2019, 17:21:57 Citar 
I guess they both go to their grandmother for a haircut.
Jun Ho
(Grupo Retired)

País:
Hong Kong 
Certificado: 
Me gusta este mensaje (1)   No me gusta este mensaje (1)
Mensaje viejo #6 Publicado el 25-Jun-2019, 17:25:38 Citar 
I have tried to contact the UK Ralph Firman, but he has declined to comment on his cousin being famous overnight.
Kieran Taylor
(Grupo Rookie - 114)

País:
Inglaterra 
Certificado: 
Me gusta este mensaje (1)   No me gusta este mensaje (1)
Mensaje viejo #7 Publicado el 25-Jun-2019, 18:14:47 (última edición el 25-Jun-2019, 18:16:11 por Kieran Taylor) Citar 
The plot thickens “Does this mean my great grandad didn’t die I’m Normandy” https://images.findagrave.com/photos/2012/171/347226_134021033980.jpg

Stayed in Blighty after war faked death changed 1 letter in the family name and started a racing empire
Riley Dunlop
(Grupo Pro - 22)

País:
Inglaterra 
Certificado: 
Mensaje viejo #8 Publicado el 25-Jun-2019, 23:57:22 Citar 
The interesting thing is that wasn't the real Ralph Firman actually British but he raced with under an Irish flag when he drove for Jordan?

Maybe they are not cousins but actual a "DDA" (Driver Double Account)!!!
Florencia Caro
(Grupo Pro - 18)

Equipo de GPRO
  País:
Argentina 
Certificado: 
Me gusta este mensaje (3)   No me gusta este mensaje (0)
Mensaje viejo #9 Publicado el 26-Jun-2019, 00:04:12 Citar 
A serious GPROurnalist should be working on getting an interview with Mr Firman!
Kieran Taylor
(Grupo Rookie - 114)

País:
Inglaterra 
Certificado: 
Me gusta este mensaje (3)   No me gusta este mensaje (1)
Mensaje viejo #10 Publicado el 26-Jun-2019, 00:07:35 Citar 

Quote ( Florencia Caro @ June 26th 2019,00:04:12 )

A serious GPROurnalist should be working on getting an interview with Mr Firman!

hard to get a hold of someone with such a high talent 😂😂 he must have a Twitter account
Alex Popa
(Grupo Rookie - 73)

País:
Canadá 
Certificado: 
Me gusta este mensaje (0)   No me gusta este mensaje (0)
Mensaje viejo #11 Publicado el 26-Jun-2019, 09:51:50 (última edición el 26-Jun-2019, 09:52:46 por Alex Popa) Citar 
Quote ( Riley Dunlop @ June 25th 2019,23:57:22 )

The interesting thing is that wasn't the real Ralph Firman actually British but he raced with under an Irish flag when he drove for Jordan?

By real you mean the uncle of our young prospect? Yes, he was born in the UK, but he had an Irish grandmother which allowed him to compete under the Irish flag. Natasha, Ralph Firman's mother, is British, but as it says in the article above, the young lad was born in Ireland, probably at the family mansion in County Kildare.

I will try to contact the local press to find out more details about young Ralphie.

Alex Popa
(Grupo Rookie - 73)

País:
Canadá 
Certificado: 
Me gusta este mensaje (1)   No me gusta este mensaje (0)
Mensaje viejo #12 Publicado el 27-Jun-2019, 06:39:54 (última edición el 27-Jun-2019, 06:40:47 por Alex Popa) Citar 
I managed to get in touch with a press correspondent that approached Ralph Firman's manager. As of today, no reply to the following email has been issued

<<
[...]

We're from the Leinster Leader https://www.leinsterleader.ie , the main press outlet in County Kildare, where your new driver Ralph Firman was born. We'd like to interview him before his first race of the season. He is very popular in the area and there's great interest for his career among the racing fans in Ireland and County Kildare, especially.

Can we set up a date and time for an interview?

Alternatively, we could provide the questions and you'd send us the answers at a later date, considering Ralph must probably be very busy with pre-season training.

[...]
>>

On another note, a different press outlet from the area https://www.kildarenow.com/ has informed me that an article with quite some spicy details about Ralph is on the way...
Alex Popa
(Grupo Rookie - 73)

País:
Canadá 
Certificado: 
Mensaje viejo #13 Publicado el 30-Jun-2019, 12:50:40 Citar 
No answer from the Ralph Firman's team although young Ralphie managed a surprising finish @7th in the last race! Apparently the Hungarian team is very secretive...

We'll try to bring back some spicy news via our press connection @ www.kildarenow.com

Stay tuned!

TL/DR: RALPHIE finished 7th @ A1 Ring!!!!
Alessio Girasole
(Grupo Amateur - 33)

País:
Italia 
Certificado: 
Mensaje viejo #14 Publicado el 30-Jun-2019, 13:26:58 (última edición el 30-Jun-2019, 13:27:32 por Alessio Girasole) Citar 
Brilliant p7 for our Ralph.Totally worthed the money invested on this epic talent.

Lazlo Korsos must be thinking 'what the hell is all this people visiting my account? Even people from pro and master. Am i that good?'
Robin Goodey
(Grupo Master - 2)

País:
Inglaterra 
Certificado: 
Mensaje viejo #15 Publicado el 30-Jun-2019, 13:33:05 (última edición el 30-Jun-2019, 13:35:03 por Robin Goodey) Citar 
Quote ( Alessio Girasole @ June 30th 2019,13:26:58 )

Lazlo Korsos must be thinking 'what the hell is all this people visiting my account? Even people from pro and master. Am i that good?'

'I must have picked up a heck of a bargain driver there.........they're all jealous' ;)
Alex Popa
(Grupo Rookie - 73)

País:
Canadá 
Certificado: 
Mensaje viejo #16 Publicado el 3-Jul-2019, 18:17:53 Citar 
Ralphie doing well, he finished 8th again!

Meanwhile, no sign from the Hungarian team. Very secretive! I wonder what kind of training they impose on Ralph... His family hasn't heard from him for a while.
Alex Popa
(Grupo Rookie - 73)

País:
Canadá 
Certificado: 
Mensaje viejo #17 Publicado el 9-Jul-2019, 10:09:08 (última edición el 9-Jul-2019, 10:09:49 por Alex Popa) Citar 
There's all sorts of rumors in Hun that the Pro Racing team that signed Ralph has generously invested in some kind of "Moneyball" style scouting department. The results confirm this: Ralph is progressing, he finished 6th in his last race, that's three races in a row where the young Irish driver finished in points!

His former schoolmates are somewhat incredulous, some of them claiming "all he could drive was a tractor in the potatoe fields", https://www.kildarenow.com/ reports.
Kieran Taylor
(Grupo Rookie - 114)

País:
Inglaterra 
Certificado: 
Me gusta este mensaje (0)   No me gusta este mensaje (1)
Mensaje viejo #18 Publicado el 9-Jul-2019, 16:23:04 Citar 
meanwhile his year older British Cousin of the same name is still on the Dole.

His former school mates are all in jail, some claiming "he could out run a coppa car on a tricycle"
Alex Popa
(Grupo Rookie - 73)

País:
Canadá 
Certificado: 
Mensaje viejo #19 Publicado el 9-Jul-2019, 16:34:08 (última edición el 9-Jul-2019, 16:34:39 por Alex Popa) Citar 
Poor fella, so much talent wasted :/

For the curious: /DriverProfile.asp?ID=12133

Hopefully a Rookie will offer him a home...
Jasper Coosemans1
(Grupo Master - 2)

País:
Bélgica 
Certificado: 
Mensaje viejo #20 Publicado el 9-Jul-2019, 16:50:32 Citar 
That's the Season 83 Elite champion, you heard it here first.
Alex Popa
(Grupo Amateur - 37)

País:
Canadá 
Certificado: 
Mensaje viejo #21 Publicado el 27-Ago-2019, 11:09:03 Citar 
Just realized I posted this in a different thread :D

So, I quote myself:

<<
Ralphie is looking for a new contract after he was tossed away by his former employer!

He managed 1 win and 47 points last season in Rookie! Not bad! Not terrible!
>>

Ralph Firman everyone! The story goes on...
Página [1
Grand Prix Racing Online Foro > Off topic forum > The Ralph Firman Story Agregar este tema a tu lista de ignorados Agregar este tema a tu lista de observados

Responder a este tema