Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Newbie forum > 'Finding a driver' guide for new players Lisää tämä ketju sivuutuslistalle Lisää tämä ketju seurantalistalle
Sivu « 1 2 3 ... 9 [1011 12 13 14 » Siirry suoraan sivulle:
Aloittaja Aihe: 'Finding a driver' guide for new players 407 vastausta
Jasper Coosemans1
(Ryhmä Master - 2)

Postia: 3021
  Maa:
Belgia 
Sertifioitu: 
Pidän viestistä (2)   En pidä viestistä (0)
Vanha viesti #271 lähetetty 27.06.2019, 17:37:29 Quote 
Unfortunately not. You will have to pay him the compensation.

It is one of the few things where Rookie's principle of a 'level playing field' is not properly implemented.
Conor Sibley
(Ryhmä Rookie - 44)

Postia: 39
  Maa:
Englanti 
Sertifioitu: 
Pidän viestistä (0)   En pidä viestistä (0)
Vanha viesti #272 lähetetty 27.06.2019, 17:49:34 Quote 

Quote ( Jasper Coosemans @ June 27th 2019,17:37:29 )

<!-- GPRO300x250 -->

Unfortunately not. You will have to pay him the compensation.

It is one of the few things where Rookie's principle of a 'level playing field' is not properly implemented.

Ah damn. Not fun, some managers in my group have drivers being paid half as much and that is a massive hit when that is going to be the case every single race.
Constantin Heller
(Ryhmä Amateur - 25)

Postia: 2462
  Maa:
Saksa 
Sertifioitu: 
Pidän viestistä (1)   En pidä viestistä (0)
Vanha viesti #273 lähetetty 27.06.2019, 23:09:26 Quote 
I still find this rule so stupid and backwards. It's up to pure RNG, and if you get unlucky you'll be millions behind because you had to get rid of a horrible driver.
Eduardo Sanchez Carenzo
(Ryhmä Pro - 1)

Postia: 2728
  Maa:
Meksiko 
Sertifioitu: 
Pidän viestistä (3)   En pidä viestistä (0)
Vanha viesti #274 lähetetty 27.06.2019, 23:42:49 (viimeksi muokattu 28.06.2019, 00:11:12 Eduardo Sanchez Carenzo toimesta) Quote 
Quote ( Constantin Heller @ June 27th 2019,23:09:26 )

I still find this rule so stupid and backwards. It's up to pure RNG, and if you get unlucky you'll be millions behind because you had to get rid of a horrible driver.

Why do you find it stupid?

Imagine you are new player, you don't have the slightest idea of what this game is about
You will not know anything about fuel,tyres, setup and risk and ypu still want them to face the driver's market without even done one race.

Believe me,with the rookie market madness, 5 million in case he dismisses his driver is nothing if you go the market for the first time not knowing anything about the game

Technically Conor is not a new manger, he had retired for some time so I really don't now why he has a rookie driver,but if he thinks he can find a better driver based on his experience, 5mill is nothing to what he could get from his driver if he is really that bad.

EDIT:

In fact 10 races is not that much.maybe I was lucky and my first GPRO driver was a good one, but his contract was only for 4 races, and very soon I had to face a contract renewal or get a new one, Still didn't know much about OA,and contracts (was just understanding tyres and fuel) when I had to give him an extension, I gave him one for 5 races (My first GPRO mistake) and by race 9 I had to let him go.

10 races for a real noob is just a taste of what a driver is and the mechanics for OA

Conor Sibley
(Ryhmä Rookie - 44)

Postia: 39
  Maa:
Englanti 
Sertifioitu: 
Vanha viesti #275 lähetetty 28.06.2019, 11:15:57 Quote 
I have decided to stick with the driver for the first race and see how he does, however, he has very low concentration of only 21 which has led him to qualify almost 7 seconds off the pace with what he thought was a good set-up.

Given I'm having to pay 1m a race for this guy, I think I'm going to have to cut him off after this race in favour of a driver who can actually stick to the racing line :D

I understand your point about it being about the average noob having a driver to begin the game with so that they can get a better understanding of other things, however it'd be nice if this driver was an equal to all starter drivers, in ability and in salary. Having to pay 1m per race for a driver 7 seconds off the pace and a contract clause meaning I have to pay 5m to get rid of him is gutting.

Quote ( Eduardo Sanchez Carenzo @ June 27th 2019,23:42:49 )

Quote ( Constantin Heller @ June 27th 2019,23:09:26 )

Why do you find it stupid?

Imagine you are new player, you don't have the slightest idea of what this game is about
You will not know anything about fuel,tyres, setup and risk and ypu still want them to face the driver's market without even done one race.

Believe me,with the rookie market madness, 5 million in case he dismisses his driver is nothing if you go the market for the first time not knowing anything about the game

Technically Conor is not a new manger, he had retired for some time so I really don't now why he has a rookie driver,but if he thinks he can find a better driver based on his experience, 5mill is nothing to what he could get from his driver if he is really that bad.

EDIT:

In fact 10 races is not that much.maybe I was lucky and my first GPRO driver was a good one, but his contract was only for 4 races, and very soon I had to face a contract renewal or get a new one, Still didn't know much about OA,and contracts (was just understanding tyres and fuel) when I had to give him an extension, I gave him one for 5 races (My first GPRO mistake) and by race 9 I had to let him go.

10 races for a real noob is just a taste of what a driver is and the mechanics for OA

Vesa Ritvanen
(Ryhmä Amateur - 19)

Postia: 1429
  Maa:
Suomi 
Sertifioitu: 
Pidän viestistä (2)   En pidä viestistä (0)
Vanha viesti #276 lähetetty 28.06.2019, 11:27:35 Quote 
Quote ( Conor Sibley @ June 28th 2019,11:15:57 )

Having to pay 1m per race for a driver 7 seconds off the pace and a contract clause meaning I have to pay 5m to get rid of him is gutting.

And that's why everything is reset in rookie. Newbies have whole season to find new driver(cheaper, better) and start next season with it and full money balance. So no need to feel bad to spend some money in your first season.
Twig Fahaji
(Ryhmä Elite)

Postia: 445
  Maa:
Englanti 
Sertifioitu: 
Vanha viesti #277 lähetetty 28.06.2019, 12:09:14 (viimeksi muokattu 28.06.2019, 12:09:54 Twig Fahaji toimesta) Quote 
As Vesa says, don't worry too much about this season as you won't promote so everything will be reset. Learn what you can this campaign so that the next one - when you start with a clean slate - you are ready to go!

IF you find a good replacement for your driver this season then don't be afraid to pay off the current guy - the sooner you get someone new on board, the sooner you can start training them up (but be wary that they must be 85 OA or under when the season ends/starts in order to keep them).
Alex Calinoiu
(Ryhmä Rookie - 138)

Postia: 23
  Maa:
Romania 
Sertifioitu: 
Vanha viesti #278 lähetetty 1.08.2019, 14:11:16 Quote 
I'm a rookie, I signed a driver with 85 overall rating, he's grown to a 93 rating after a few races and now I can't extined his contract. I understand managers in rookie leagues cannot sign a driver over 85, but in my opinion I should be allowed to extend a contract regardless of rating, since I'm very satisfied with the way he's performind and after all it's partly my merit for his growth. Can I suggest a rule change regarding extending staff contracts? What do you think? Any tips?
Jasper Coosemans1
(Ryhmä Master - 2)

Postia: 3021
  Maa:
Belgia 
Sertifioitu: 
Vanha viesti #279 lähetetty 1.08.2019, 14:15:09 Quote 
Those rules exist at every level to keep the playing field even. Maybe in Rookie it doesn't matter so much because you lose the driver during the season break if he is over 85, unlike in higher levels where you can keep a driver indefinitely as long as his contract runs.

But I think it's better to keep the rules the same in all levels as much as possible, so you learn it "the right way" from the start.
Thijs Rieken
(Ryhmä Amateur - 37)

Postia: 1042
  Maa:
Alankomaat 
Sertifioitu: 
Vanha viesti #280 lähetetty 1.08.2019, 14:55:40 Quote 
@Alex Calinoiu (R138) well now you know the stats of a driver that makes you happy! So go out and search for a similar one :)
Michael Jones
(Ryhmä Pro - 25)

Postia: 1386
  Maa:
Englanti 
Sertifioitu: 
Pidän viestistä (0)   En pidä viestistä (1)
Vanha viesti #281 lähetetty 1.08.2019, 15:48:11 Quote 
Quote ( Alex Calinoiu @ August 1st 2019,14:11:16 )

I'm a rookie, I signed a driver with 85 overall rating, he's grown to a 93 rating after a few races and now I can't extined his contract. I understand managers in rookie leagues cannot sign a driver over 85, but in my opinion I should be allowed to extend a contract regardless of rating, since I'm very satisfied with the way he's performind and after all it's partly my merit for his growth. Can I suggest a rule change regarding extending staff contracts? What do you think? Any tips?

That is why some rookies extend contract straight after getting a driver on 85 and even if you dump him while on his original contract ,you dont have to pay compensation on his extended contract.

If you want to keep him for next season then either promote to amateur or get his OA below 85 at season reset.
Kevin Smith
(Ryhmä Rookie - 144)

Postia: 113
  Maa:
Kanada 
Sertifioitu: 
Vanha viesti #282 lähetetty 21.08.2019, 02:27:59 Quote 
Quick question,

If I sign a driver by Thursday, will he be driving for me at Yas Marina (the next race)?
Andrew Wilden
(Ryhmä Amateur - 34)

Postia: 1502
  Maa:
Australia 
Sertifioitu: 
Vanha viesti #283 lähetetty 21.08.2019, 02:40:03 (viimeksi muokattu 21.08.2019, 02:43:27 Andrew Wilden toimesta) Quote 
Yes

But be careful of OA.
If he goes over 85 OA in the last race.
You will lose him in the reset if staying in Rookie.
Kevin Smith
(Ryhmä Rookie - 144)

Postia: 113
  Maa:
Kanada 
Sertifioitu: 
Vanha viesti #284 lähetetty 21.08.2019, 02:58:11 Quote 
Quote ( Andrew Wilden @ August 21st 2019,02:40:03 )

Yes

But be careful of OA.
If he goes over 85 OA in the last race.
You will lose him in the reset if staying in Rookie.

Thank you,

does the actual signing increase his OA?

I might just sign in and not compete in the last race, would that do?
Andrew Wilden
(Ryhmä Amateur - 34)

Postia: 1502
  Maa:
Australia 
Sertifioitu: 
Vanha viesti #285 lähetetty 21.08.2019, 03:45:34 (viimeksi muokattu 21.08.2019, 03:48:13 Andrew Wilden toimesta) Quote 
The signing doesn't.
A driver extension will by ~4 OA
As you are completely new & haven't competed in all races, no $5 million bonus to lose, so canning the last race is an option, I guess. Your call.
Really depends on the driver you sign & the position you expect to get.
Good luck

Edit;
If you want help with driver selection.
Send me the link via PM
Dave Vojtek
(Ryhmä Rookie - 14)

Postia: 16
  Maa:
Tšekki 
Sertifioitu: 
Vanha viesti #286 lähetetty 21.08.2019, 17:49:45 Quote 
Hi guys,
my driver have contract for only 1 more race and im in rookie and i will be promoted to the amateur group for next seasson. But i cant offer contract extension because his overall exceeds the maximum allowed for a Rookie group. So i will lost him after the race a i will be unable extend his contract?
Kaspar Marcus Paukson
(Ryhmä Amateur - 14)

Postia: 631
  Maa:
Viro 
Sertifioitu: 
Pidän viestistä (1)   En pidä viestistä (4)
Vanha viesti #287 lähetetty 21.08.2019, 18:14:16 Quote 
Fast drivers:
rookie-ama

need to be young, so they could be trained(I started off with a 17 yr old)

130-150 tal(needed, any higher will be too much for rookie and ama, in my humble opinion of course)

0 aggro(compulsory)

exp as high as possible(keep in mind, young drivers don't have a lot of exp usually)

Tech insight(depends on how you do your qualis, those who use adv calculators are fine with as low of a tech insight as possible)

charisma(since you signed up for a "fast driver" then this stat should be as small as possible, so it wouldn't bump up the OA)

concentration(as high as possible, it means you need to train it less, but this is the first stat you will be training, I suggest maxing it out if you have as bad luck as me)

stamina(doesn't need to be high to start with, but again, the higher the better, so it'd need less training, just spam train this after conc is maxed)

Motivation (you want it to be as low as possible, preferrably 0, when buying, and when racing and doing qualis it should be as high as possible, usually raises with good results, stamina training nicks it a bit - important to keep this in mind)

rep - as low as possible when signing and renewing contracts

weight - doesn't really matter, after maxing concentration you will be spam training fitness and it'll keep going down, 39 is minimum driver weight, trust me, I've tested this, currently am testing it)

salary: try to aim for as low a salary as possible, this will make sure that when renewing contracts the salary doesn't raise as much(my salary is 2,7mil and it has hurt me throughout my last seasons) - you need to keep in mind that the salary increases percentually, not with a determined amount

signing fee: because you will be trying to give your driver a small salary and other people might bid on the same driver, I suggest having this as high as possible and as low as you dare, cause driving races with bad random drivers will lose you more money in the long run

---

Now, this is a guide to get drivers who are OK, if not good in qualis and really good in the races, I am yet to try and have a driver who earns me money, so can't help with those too much, though it is good to have low aggro, high exp and high charisma for making money
Diogo Abdalla
(Ryhmä Amateur - 3)

Postia: 309
  Maa:
Brasilia 
Sertifioitu: 
Vanha viesti #288 lähetetty 21.08.2019, 18:17:42 (viimeksi muokattu 21.08.2019, 18:24:38 Diogo Abdalla toimesta) Quote 
@Dave Vojtek (R14) yep I think you lost your driver. No way you can still keep him, AFAIK

edit: but you can try to hire him back after the season reset
Ahmet Sonverdi
(Ryhmä Elite)

Postia: 4807
  Maa:
Turkki 
Sertifioitu: 
Vanha viesti #289 lähetetty 21.08.2019, 18:54:59 Quote 
Kaspar, first of all, I think that is a too detailed post which gives me the doubts about whether it's allowed or not.

Secondly, that post of yours suggests some misleading paths. I know you're just saying your humble opinions there but there will be newbies reading your post.

If you're looking for a driver just for rookie and amateur stages (short-term), you don't really need a driver that is 17 years old. It's just too young. How long do you plan to stay in those 2 stages? You can get a 30+ years old driver. He'll be able to a lot better and you wouldn't need to train that much. If you're still in amateur, you can just change him again. You said experience as high as possible but 17-20 years old drivers in the market don't really have experience more than 50-60? With a 30+ years old one, you can get even a 200+ experience driver.

Young drivers are generally for long-term purposes. Like you sign him in rookie-amateur & have him until Elite & maybe keep him even in there. 130-150 talent won't do it in the long run, I'm telling you.

For short term drivers, having the concentration at max might be a good idea but if you hire a young driver with long-term plans, then getting concentration at the max level will only pump his OA unnecessarily as you don't really need all of that concentration in all of the stages in the game. You'll have a hard time increasing the stamina & aggressiveness as there will be no room left for those because of the OA limit & the concentration you maxed.

---

Something is off with this topic. While writing, if I make a mistake and want to go back & fix it, the mouse click selects a little area instead of just moving the writing line. While typing for the fix, that little blue area makes me lose the parts I wrote after the mistake I've done. Similar thing happens to the above posts - normally a single click on what is written shouldn't do anything but it selects the letter I clicked on.
Gabriel Arbona
(Ryhmä Master - 4)

Postia: 968
  Maa:
Argentiina 
Sertifioitu: 
Vanha viesti #290 lähetetty 21.08.2019, 19:03:56 Quote 
Many ways to reach a good driver, everything depends on the project, nobody seems to have the absolute truth, after all the driver is only an important part of the game
Kaspar Marcus Paukson
(Ryhmä Amateur - 14)

Postia: 631
  Maa:
Viro 
Sertifioitu: 
Vanha viesti #291 lähetetty 21.08.2019, 19:23:05 Quote 
@ahmet sonverdi I understand the youth aspect, and you’re right, young drivers aren’t a must, but I like building up my drivers, and young drivers are easier to train, old ones can start losing stats, which will be bad as well, so a younger driver just means you will have a better time when building up.

and again about the conc, I get what you mean, but I said that I have bad luck with risking, it also is beneficial to have a consistent driver, and as far as the OA goes I said that the driver having low tech and low charisma will make up for that higher OA. Everyone builds their drivers differently, I’ve just found drivers with my specified criteria do well and do well consistently.

So yes, you’re right, but you being right doesn’t necessarily mean that I’m wrong.
Miel Soeterbroek
(Ryhmä Master - 3)

Postia: 3107
  Maa:
Alankomaat 
Sertifioitu: 
Vanha viesti #292 lähetetty 21.08.2019, 20:33:38 Quote 
Maxing out conc on a rookie driver with 150 talent doesn't really leave much room for other skills, does it?

@Ahmet Sonverdi (E) regarding your last comment. The forums have been acting quite weird lately while editing text or moving the cursor around in the reply box. Think there's some comments on it in the bugs/possible bugs thread.
Kevin Parkinson
(Ryhmä Retired)

GPRO Crew
Postia: 14356
  Maa:
Skotlanti 
Sertifioitu: 
Vanha viesti #293 lähetetty 21.08.2019, 20:35:40 (viimeksi muokattu 21.08.2019, 20:37:49 Kevin Parkinson toimesta) Quote 
Quote ( Kaspar Marcus Paukson @ August 21st 2019,18:14:16 )

Fast drivers:
rookie-ama

need to be young, so they could be trained(I started off with a 17 yr old)

130-150 tal(needed, any higher will be too much for rookie and ama, in my humble opinion of course)

0 aggro(compulsory)

exp as high as possible(keep in mind, young drivers don't have a lot of exp usually)

Tech insight(depends on how you do your qualis, those who use adv calculators are fine with as low of a tech insight as possible)

charisma(since you signed up for a "fast driver" then this stat should be as small as possible, so it wouldn't bump up the OA)

concentration(as high as possible, it means you need to train it less, but this is the first stat you will be training, I suggest maxing it out if you have as bad luck as me)

stamina(doesn't need to be high to start with, but again, the higher the better, so it'd need less training, just spam train this after conc is maxed)

Motivation (you want it to be as low as possible, preferrably 0, when buying, and when racing and doing qualis it should be as high as possible, usually raises with good results, stamina training nicks it a bit - important to keep this in mind)

rep - as low as possible when signing and renewing contracts

weight - doesn't really matter, after maxing concentration you will be spam training fitness and it'll keep going down, 39 is minimum driver weight, trust me, I've tested this, currently am testing it)

salary: try to aim for as low a salary as possible, this will make sure that when renewing contracts the salary doesn't raise as much(my salary is 2,7mil and it has hurt me throughout my last seasons) - you need to keep in mind that the salary increases percentually, not with a determined amount

signing fee: because you will be trying to give your driver a small salary and other people might bid on the same driver, I suggest having this as high as possible and as low as you dare, cause driving races with bad random drivers will lose you more money in the long run

---

Now, this is a guide to get drivers who are OK, if not good in qualis and really good in the races, I am yet to try and have a driver who earns me money, so can't help with those too much, though it is good to have low aggro, high exp and high charisma for making money

Do try and keep the Newbie forum as factually accurate as possible (without revealing detailed information).

A lot of this is opinion and definitely up for debate, some of it contradicting other parts of the same post, and definitely not the only way, and certainly not the fastest way, to get a fast Rookie/Amateur level driver. I see Ahmet has addressed some of those points.

But yeah, strictly factual for the Newbie forum please so as not to confuse or mislead newer managers (as much as your intentions were to be helpful).
Dorian Moore
(Ryhmä Amateur - 91)

Postia: 15
  Maa:
Englanti 
Sertifioitu: 
Vanha viesti #294 lähetetty 26.08.2019, 13:11:13 Quote 
How do i raise agression in to a new driver again????

found a a gooden😆😜😜😜😜
Robin Goodey
(Ryhmä Master - 2)

Postia: 2096
  Maa:
Englanti 
Sertifioitu: 
Pidän viestistä (1)   En pidä viestistä (1)
Vanha viesti #295 lähetetty 26.08.2019, 13:13:33 Quote 
Ninja training will do it
Jay De Snoo
(Ryhmä Amateur - 2)

Postia: 927
  Maa:
Alankomaat 
Sertifioitu: 
Vanha viesti #296 lähetetty 26.08.2019, 13:43:09 Quote 
Not recommended to do in AMA. You will quickly find out why.

Johannes Haaparanta
(Ryhmä Rookie - 147)

Postia: 1
  Maa:
Suomi 
Sertifioitu: 
Vanha viesti #297 lähetetty 7.04.2020, 10:43:11 Quote 
hi everyone. im beginner whit this fine game and i have a one question. i have buyed a new driver and in contract i have 17 races. but. the overall is 85 so can i extend a contract now or am i going to loose him when these 6 races are held and his overall raices to more than 85? and if so. can i somehow lower the overall and if yes how? :) thank you.
David Rolleston1
(Ryhmä Master - 1)

Postia: 2618
  Maa:
Englanti 
Sertifioitu: 
Vanha viesti #298 lähetetty 7.04.2020, 11:04:00 Quote 
Quote ( Johannes Haaparanta @ April 7th 2020,10:43:11 )

hi everyone. im beginner whit this fine game and i have a one question. i have buyed a new driver and in contract i have 17 races. but. the overall is 85 so can i extend a contract now or am i going to loose him when these 6 races are held and his overall raices to more than 85? and if so. can i somehow lower the overall and if yes how? :) thank you.

While in rookie and a driver Overall (OA) is 85 or lower you can extend the contract.

If at the end of the season, after the last race and before the reset the OA is above 85 AND you haven't promoted to amateur then the driver will leave you.

Keep a record of how the driver stats change with training, testing and between each race. This might give you a clue as to what attributes are contributing to the drivers overall total.

Your driver is quite young so will be easily pleased
Niels Van Heijster
(Ryhmä Amateur - 13)

Postia: 1405
  Maa:
Alankomaat 
Sertifioitu: 
Pidän viestistä (3)   En pidä viestistä (0)
Vanha viesti #299 lähetetty 7.04.2020, 11:05:05 Quote 
Quote ( Johannes Haaparanta @ April 7th 2020,10:43:11 )

You can only extend a driver contract when his OA is in compliance of the tier you are racing on. There are ways to up the driver OA, but there are also options to lower it ...

However, considering you are new to the game, how can you be sure you have a good driver ... ? As you are unlikely to promote this season and at the end of the season all will be reset, extending now might not be the best thing, especially when your driver is already at OA85. You may want to consider splashing a bit of cash and test different drivers. Try to find out which driver attributes work in Rookie and which don't ...
Diego Walter Dionisi
(Ryhmä Rookie - 83)

Postia: 12
  Maa:
Argentiina 
Sertifioitu: 
Vanha viesti #300 lähetetty 5.07.2020, 17:57:52 Quote 
buen dia a todos. consulta.....que pasa si tengo que empezar una carrera y se me fue el piloto por ser mayor a 85 y no pude contratar otro nuevo? me asignan uno nuevo automaticamente o pierdo la carrera hasta que contrate otro? gracias
Sivu « 1 2 3 ... 9 [1011 12 13 14 » Siirry suoraan sivulle:
Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Newbie forum > 'Finding a driver' guide for new players Lisää tämä ketju sivuutuslistalle Lisää tämä ketju seurantalistalle

Vastaa tähän ketjuun