Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Forum games > The General Board Games Thread Lisää tämä ketju sivuutuslistalle Lisää tämä ketju seurantalistalle
Sivu [12 » Siirry suoraan sivulle:
Aloittaja Aihe: The General Board Games Thread 51 vastausta
Jun Ho
(Ryhmä Pro - 18)

Ketjun mod
Postia: 8525
  Maa:
Hong Kong 
Sertifioitu: 
Pidän viestistä (3)   En pidä viestistä (0)
Vanha viesti #1 lähetetty 9.04.2021, 01:32:10 Quote 
Hello everybody!

As there are more and more board games going onto GPRO. I thought why not have a designated thread to store all the board game links so that if people want to play a certain board game, they can just look at post #2 on here rather than searching through the search function :)

People can also advertise their board games on here if they are hosting it :)

Have fun all! :)
Jun Ho
(Ryhmä Pro - 18)

Ketjun mod
  Maa:
Hong Kong 
Sertifioitu: 
Pidän viestistä (0)   En pidä viestistä (0)
Vanha viesti #2 lähetetty 9.04.2021, 01:32:14 (viimeksi muokattu 28.07.2022, 14:56:56 Jun Ho toimesta) Quote 
BOARD GAMES

THE GPRO CHESS LEAGUE: (hosted by Jun Ho)

Chess pieces are divided into white and black sets. While the sets may not be literally white and black (e.g. the light set may be a yellowish or off-white color, the dark set may be red), they are always referred to as "white" and "black". Each set consists of 16 pieces: one king, one queen, two rooks, two bishops, two knights, and eight pawns. The pieces are set out as shown in the diagram and photo. The players of the sets are referred to as White and Black, respectively.

The game is played on a square board of eight rows (called ranks, denoted 1 to 8 from bottom to top according to White's perspective) and eight columns (called files, denoted a to h from left to right according to White's perspective). The 64 squares alternate in color and are referred to as light and dark squares. The chessboard is placed with a light square at the right-hand corner nearest to each player. Thus, each queen starts on a square of its own color (the white queen on a light square; the black queen on a dark square).

Beta Season (complete)

TICKET TO RIDE: (hosted by Sebastian Jozwiak)

Ticket to Ride is a cross-country train adventure in which players collect and play matching train cards to claim railway routes connecting cities throughout North America.

The longer the routes, the more points they earn.

Additional points come to those who can fulfill their Destination Tickets by connecting two distant cities, and to the player who builds the longest continuous railway.

Season 2 (complete)
Season 1 (complete)

VILLAINOUS: (hosted by Chris Adnams)

Welcome to Villainous, a strategic game where you take control of your own villain from a famous Disney film and try to complete their own unique, villainous objective before your opponents complete theirs. Right now, there are nine different villains to choose from, potentially going up to eighteen in the future once I have bought the expansions and understand the mechanics suitably to be able to host those villains.

Season 2 (complete)
Season 1 (complete)

6 NIMMT: (hosted by Chew Kai Wen & Jun Ho)

The game has 104 cards, each bearing a number and one to seven bull's heads symbols that represent penalty points. A round of ten turns is played where all players place one card of their choice onto the table. The placed cards are arranged on four rows according to fixed rules. If placed onto a row that already has five cards then the player receives those five cards, which count as penalty points that are totaled up at the end of the round. Rounds are played until a player reaches 66 points, whereupon the player with the least penalty points wins.

The goal is to be the player with the fewest points.

Season 1 (complete)

SETTLERS OF CATAN: (hosted by Raimonds Urtāns)

The players in the game represent settlers establishing settlements on the island of Catan. Players build settlements, cities, and roads to connect them as they settle the island. The game board, which represents the island, is composed of hexagonal tiles (hexes) of different land types, which are laid out randomly at the beginning of each game.

Beta Season (in progress)

CAMEL UP: (hosted by Matías Alloatti)

Camel Up takes place in Egypt, where 5 camels compete in the most prestigious race, the Camel Cup. Players will be spectators of the race and will be constantly betting in real time while the race unfolds.

Finish the game with the highest amount of money at the end of the race. If two or more players are tied, the player who has made the first finish bet on the winner camel wins.

Season 4 (complete)
Season 3 (complete)
Season 2 (complete)
Season 1 (complete)

WAVELENGTH: (hosted by Sudeep Pednekar)

There are two teams. In each round, one person from each team acts as their team's Psychic. I send the Psychic a card that describes two opposites, and a wavelength spectrum with the numbers 0 to 100 and a target. Their team will know the two opposites on the card, but not where the target is. The Psychic has to give their team a clue that will lead them to guess where the target is on the 0-100 spectrum compared to the two words on the card. The numbers on the spectrum indicate how many points you receive for your guess - the closer you are to the target I sent, the more points you receive. Before I reveal where the target is, the opposing team also has a chance to guess whether they think the true target is further to the left or further to the right than the playing team's guess. Then I reveal the wavelength spectrum and award points based on how close the original team was to the target, and the opposing team gains 1 point if it guessed left/right correctly (but only if the original team did not win maximum points).

Season 1 (complete)
Jun Ho
(Ryhmä Pro - 18)

Ketjun mod
  Maa:
Hong Kong 
Sertifioitu: 
Pidän viestistä (1)   En pidä viestistä (0)
Vanha viesti #3 lähetetty 9.04.2021, 17:36:58 Quote 
So me and @Chew Kai Wen (M2) have an idea to have this game on the thread:

https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/12942/no-thanks

If we get at least 5 people interested in that, we would create the thread and start a game :D
Jun Ho
(Ryhmä Pro - 18)

Ketjun mod
  Maa:
Hong Kong 
Sertifioitu: 
Vanha viesti #4 lähetetty 10.04.2021, 17:36:01 Quote 
Camel Up has a new season! Join if you are a fan of camel racing! :)

/gb/forum/ViewTopic.asp?TopicId=30121#scroll
Matías Alloatti
(Ryhmä Amateur - 83)

Postia: 314
  Maa:
Argentiina 
Sertifioitu: 
Vanha viesti #5 lähetetty 10.04.2021, 20:35:36 Quote 
What a great idea! I really enjoyed playing Ticket to Ride. I should give a chance to those other board games.

Camel Up is looking for more players. Test your luck and betting skills in a wacky camels race!
Jun Ho
(Ryhmä Pro - 18)

Ketjun mod
  Maa:
Hong Kong 
Sertifioitu: 
Vanha viesti #6 lähetetty 11.04.2021, 21:07:42 Quote 
Quote ( Jun Ho @ April 9th 2021,17:36:58 )

So me and @Chew Kai Wen (M2) have an idea to have this game on the thread:

https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/12942/no-thanks

If we get at least 5 people interested in that, we would create the thread and start a game :D

Anyone interested in the game above? :)
Ricardo Antunes
(Ryhmä Pro - 18)

Postia: 2566
  Maa:
Portugali 
Sertifioitu: 
Vanha viesti #7 lähetetty 11.04.2021, 21:12:46 Quote 
Do you really need to ask at this point?

Me == in
Matías Alloatti
(Ryhmä Amateur - 83)

Maa:
Argentiina 
Sertifioitu: 
Vanha viesti #8 lähetetty 27.04.2021, 19:25:49 Quote 
Season 3 of Camel Up is looking for more players!

/gb/forum/ViewTopic.asp?TopicId=30146#scroll

Test your luck and betting skills in this fun and wacky race of camels!
Chris Adnams
(Ryhmä Pro - 13)

Postia: 253
  Maa:
Englanti 
Sertifioitu: 
Vanha viesti #9 lähetetty 29.04.2021, 11:19:37 Quote 
Season 2 of Villainous is here. Looking for either 1 game of six players or 2 games with twelve players, six in each.

Compete against other players to complete your villain's dastardly objective before your opponents complete theirs.

Three signed up so far. Check it out here: /gb/forum/ViewTopic.asp?TopicId=30148#scroll

Season 1: /gb/forum/ViewTopic.asp?TopicId=29993&Page=1

Hope to see you there. :)

Jun Ho
(Ryhmä Pro - 18)

Ketjun mod
  Maa:
Hong Kong 
Sertifioitu: 
Vanha viesti #10 lähetetty 29.04.2021, 11:30:35 Quote 
Post #2 updated with the links. Join the above games, they are really fun and awesome to play!
Ivelin Dobrev
(Ryhmä Rookie - 140)

Postia: 2455
  Maa:
Kanada 
Sertifioitu: 
Vanha viesti #11 lähetetty 4.05.2021, 17:38:58 Quote 
I’d like to ask people who are not joining games like Camel Up or Villainous, why not? Is there a specific reason? It’s not time-consuming, it’s fun, strategic, what is missing?
Henri Svensson
(Ryhmä Amateur - 23)

Postia: 67
  Maa:
Ruotsi 
Sertifioitu: 
Vanha viesti #12 lähetetty 4.05.2021, 18:19:42 Quote 
Quote ( Ivelin Dobrev @ May 4th 2021,17:38:58 )

I’d like to ask people who are not joining games like Camel Up or Villainous, why not? Is there a specific reason? It’s not time-consuming, it’s fun, strategic, what is missing?

I play a lot of boardgames, but I do it at boardgame arena.
Jun Ho
(Ryhmä Pro - 18)

Ketjun mod
  Maa:
Hong Kong 
Sertifioitu: 
Vanha viesti #13 lähetetty 4.05.2021, 18:23:20 Quote 
Quote ( Henri Svensson @ May 4th 2021,18:19:42 )

I play a lot of boardgames, but I do it at boardgame arena.

Why not here though? :)
Henri Svensson
(Ryhmä Amateur - 23)

Postia: 67
  Maa:
Ruotsi 
Sertifioitu: 
Vanha viesti #14 lähetetty 4.05.2021, 19:49:57 Quote 
I prefer some graphics.
Jonathan Beagles
(Ryhmä Pro - 20)

Postia: 6126
  Maa:
Englanti 
Sertifioitu: 
Vanha viesti #15 lähetetty 4.05.2021, 23:47:05 Quote 

Let me preface this by saying that a) I think that any well-run game in the forums is a good thing, b) the hosting and effort that goes into these board-game efforts are nothing short of fantastic and c) it is a pity they aren't all getting the uptake in players they deserve.

I can't speak for others as to why they are not signing up - but for me it's the fact that I haven't actually played the two boardgames in RL that you mentioned Ivelin. As such, I'm not eager to play an online version of something that I haven't played in RL first (that exists in RL).

That's why I played Ticket to Ride and the Chess League (though I sucked in that!), as I had played both of those board games in RL and enjoyed them.

That may just be me though...
Chris Adnams
(Ryhmä Pro - 13)

Maa:
Englanti 
Sertifioitu: 
Vanha viesti #16 lähetetty 5.05.2021, 00:20:22 Quote 
It is a shame that Villainous isn't getting the numbers. Only got three on board at the moment. It's looking like season 2 might be a no go. :/
Ivelin Dobrev
(Ryhmä Rookie - 140)

Maa:
Kanada 
Sertifioitu: 
Vanha viesti #17 lähetetty 5.05.2021, 00:22:22 Quote 
Quote ( Jonathan Beagles @ May 4th 2021,23:47:05 )

I can't speak for others as to why they are not signing up - but for me it's the fact that I haven't actually played the two boardgames in RL that you mentioned Ivelin. As such, I'm not eager to play an online version of something that I haven't played in RL first (that exists in RL).
It was the same for me in both cases and that actually made me want to buy them IRL. :)

But I understand what you mean. :)
Jonathan Beagles
(Ryhmä Pro - 20)

Maa:
Englanti 
Sertifioitu: 
Vanha viesti #18 lähetetty 5.05.2021, 00:30:48 Quote 
Yeah do agree it's a pity though - as I can see the efforts that Chris and Matías are going to. Although I opened up all the tabs of all the games I'm currently playing that were updated and needed an action this evening and I couldn't even see the tab names lol! Otherwise I'd join just to make up the numbers.
Matías Alloatti
(Ryhmä Amateur - 83)

Maa:
Argentiina 
Sertifioitu: 
Pidän viestistä (3)   En pidä viestistä (0)
Vanha viesti #19 lähetetty 5.05.2021, 01:22:34 Quote 

Quote ( Henri Svensson @ May 4th 2021,19:49:57 )

I prefer some graphics.

We have pictures with cute camels and some fancy grids with colors ;)

Matías Alloatti
(Ryhmä Amateur - 83)

Maa:
Argentiina 
Sertifioitu: 
Vanha viesti #20 lähetetty 5.05.2021, 01:34:11 Quote 
Quote ( Jonathan Beagles @ May 4th 2021,23:47:05 )for me it's the fact that I haven't actually played the two boardgames in RL that you mentioned Ivelin. As such, I'm not eager to play an online version of something that I haven't played in RL first (that exists in RL).

This is probably the reason why I hesitated on launching the forum version of Camel Up. I searched the whole forum many times looking for key words to try to find someone who had ever mentioned the game, but found nothing. So I wasn't sure if I would be able to attract players to what I considered an unkown game for the people in this forum.

But at the same time, it was a chance to bring a new game, which I personally enjoy a lot to play.

It feels good to host a game that is now on its third season, and see the responses of the players saying how much they like the game. Of course I dream on having 10, 15, 20 players, multiple games in parallel, a tournament system, etc. But at the same time creating a community around camels, even a small community with 4 players, is also very enjoyable.
Jonathan Beagles
(Ryhmä Pro - 20)

Maa:
Englanti 
Sertifioitu: 
Vanha viesti #21 lähetetty 5.05.2021, 01:39:59 Quote 
To be fair, from the brief glance I had at the game to work out which category it should go into for the FGI...it did look like quite good fun :)
Matías Alloatti
(Ryhmä Amateur - 83)

Maa:
Argentiina 
Sertifioitu: 
Vanha viesti #22 lähetetty 5.05.2021, 01:54:11 Quote 
I need to ask... What does FGI mean?
Ivelin Dobrev
(Ryhmä Rookie - 140)

Maa:
Kanada 
Sertifioitu: 
Vanha viesti #23 lähetetty 5.05.2021, 02:03:03 Quote 
Forum Games Index

/gb/forum/ViewTopic.asp?TopicId=18243#scroll
Matías Alloatti
(Ryhmä Amateur - 83)

Maa:
Argentiina 
Sertifioitu: 
Vanha viesti #24 lähetetty 5.05.2021, 02:14:31 Quote 
Oh that looks nice!
Lech Witarczyk
(Ryhmä Amateur - 6)

Postia: 99
  Maa:
Puola 
Sertifioitu: 
Pidän viestistä (4)   En pidä viestistä (0)
Vanha viesti #25 lähetetty 5.05.2021, 05:40:10 Quote 
I'm very happy of all the board games hitting the forums lately. Tabletop games are both my main hobby and my main source of income. I try to join as many of them I can. As to Ivelin's question:

Camel Up: I always discover the thread on the next day the game starts. I'd love to join S4

Villainous: Chris hosts this fantastically but the game itself hits various things that I personally don't like in games. I understand why it's widely popular though and if anyone out there is on the fence I recommend giving it a go - I'm definitely an exception, most people love the game :)
Sudeep Pednekar
(Ryhmä Rookie - 23)

Postia: 698
  Maa:
Intia 
Sertifioitu: 
Vanha viesti #26 lähetetty 5.05.2021, 08:09:37 Quote 
I think it's mostly due to the fact that people don't want to put the effort in learning about a board game they don't already know about.
I wanted to host a board game myself but I don't think it's worth the effort, there is almost no interest.
Chris Adnams
(Ryhmä Pro - 13)

Maa:
Englanti 
Sertifioitu: 
Vanha viesti #27 lähetetty 5.05.2021, 10:31:19 Quote 
Quote ( Lech Witarczyk @ May 5th 2021,05:40:10 )

I'm very happy of all the board games hitting the forums lately. Tabletop games are both my main hobby and my main source of income. I try to join as many of them I can. As to Ivelin's question:

Camel Up: I always discover the thread on the next day the game starts. I'd love to join S4

Villainous: Chris hosts this fantastically but the game itself hits various things that I personally don't like in games. I understand why it's widely popular though and if anyone out there is on the fence I recommend giving it a go - I'm definitely an exception, most people love the game :)

@Lech Witarczyk (A6) may I ask what those things are if you don't mind? Just so I can get a gauge as to why maybe people aren't joining.
Jun Ho
(Ryhmä Pro - 18)

Ketjun mod
  Maa:
Hong Kong 
Sertifioitu: 
Vanha viesti #28 lähetetty 5.05.2021, 11:37:19 Quote 

Quote ( Henri Svensson @ May 4th 2021,19:49:57 )

I prefer some graphics.

There are graphics for Chris' Villianious game, and my 6 Nimmt game. Not quite like a Flash game of sorts, but still some. I actually thought people would prefer a forum based board game because of how chilled the game would be based on the amount of time per turn.
Matías Alloatti
(Ryhmä Amateur - 83)

Maa:
Argentiina 
Sertifioitu: 
Vanha viesti #29 lähetetty 5.05.2021, 13:48:53 Quote 
Quote ( Lech Witarczyk @ May 5th 2021,05:40:10 )

I'm glad to read that Lech! At the pace we play the game in the forum, each Camel Up season lasts for 2 o 3 weeks. So I expect S3 to be concluded near the end of the current GPRO season. If you don't mind, I'll be sending you a reminder of Camel Up S4 so you don't miss the chance to join :)
Ania Piekarska
(Ryhmä Elite)

Postia: 713
  Maa:
Puola 
Sertifioitu: 
Vanha viesti #30 lähetetty 5.05.2021, 14:04:46 (viimeksi muokattu 5.05.2021, 14:05:01 Ania Piekarska toimesta) Quote 

My reason: the fact that a game can be not time consuming doesn't mean it won't be time consuming for me :) I like to dig into the details, and I really can't help it happening.

I already play more games than I wish I did, but I like them all and thus can't leave any of them. I try not to join new games, as I might end up liking them too much and have just another game I can't leave.
Sivu [12 » Siirry suoraan sivulle:
Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Forum games > The General Board Games Thread Lisää tämä ketju sivuutuslistalle Lisää tämä ketju seurantalistalle

Vastaa tähän ketjuun