Page [1
Author Topic: used car parts trading 22 replies
Ljubomir Delic
(Group Rookie - 152)

Croatia 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #1 posted Jun 27th 2009, 09:08:43 (last edited Jun 27th 2009, 09:10:27 by Ljubomir Delic) Quote 
I've been looking around, but i couldn't find a similar topic.

What about used parts trading?

- the parts you're not going to use are offered at the market.
- the price is proportional to the part wear
- it is allowed to buy parts two levels higher than current
- when downgrade parts can't use skipped level part for free, and can use only the parts you have on stock. (can't use the part you've sold, unless you buy that level again for a full price)

It seems to me like good opportunity to low down the costs of car maintenance, to balance your budget easier,to have an additional income, and to get a boost for one or two races if needed, especially for less experienced managers to be more competitive.

Tommy Faucher
(Group Amateur - 58)

Canada 
Certified: 
Old post #2 posted Jun 27th 2009, 09:24:34 (last edited Jun 27th 2009, 09:28:00 by Tommy Faucher) Quote 
You know, there's some other game on internet like GPRO that work like this.
Times ago i ask why there's no "Parts research.." Used part..etc..

And the anwser was, GPRO is GPRO, and we don't want to be like other games.
And to be honest, its great as is.

I tried another popular game on internet, who seemed to be played by lots of guys here but i never felt it was so easy to learn like GPRO. After 2 hours on GPRO website, i was able to get into.

On the other game,
I tried to play it 3 times and open my office...and got 300 options of parts, research, driver...WOW, RENT used parts...it was a bit too complicated..

Sometimes, when its too complicated, you get discouraged.
Current car system has proven his efficiency, its well done.

Only sponsor sys lack a bit ;-)
Erkki Tempel
(Group Amateur - 8)

Estonia 
Certified: 
Old post #3 posted Jun 27th 2009, 09:26:56 Quote 
its too complicated... If it works like driver market, then you can't do qualy when you want and those people who can be internet much more time have big advantage...

And i don't see why is current system wrong, You can get wear parts right now (lower level)
Jordan Randall
(Group Amateur - 45)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #4 posted Jun 27th 2009, 09:48:51 Quote 
Ill trade you a Front Wing Lvl 6 (99% wear) for a lvl 5 part (0% wear) ;)
Ljubomir Delic
(Group Rookie - 152)

Croatia 
Certified: 
Old post #5 posted Jun 27th 2009, 09:51:16 Quote 

Quote ( Erkki Tempel @ June 27th 2009,09:26:56 )

You can get wear parts right now (lower level)

that's the point...less experienced managers are getting less competitive...and get less interested in game
Ljubomir Delic
(Group Rookie - 152)

Croatia 
Certified: 
Old post #6 posted Jun 27th 2009, 09:53:21 Quote 
Quote ( Jordan Randall @ June 27th 2009,09:48:51 )

Ill trade you a Front Wing Lvl 6 (99% wear) for a lvl 5 part (0% wear) ;)

only if you're going to take my engine also
Jordan Randall
(Group Amateur - 45)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #7 posted Jun 27th 2009, 09:55:18 Quote 
Quote ( Ljubomir Delic @ June 27th 2009,09:51:16 )

point...less experienced managers are getting less competitive
thats the point. they are degrading levels of their parts to survive the race, because it lowers wear if you downgrade a level.

example- Lvl 8 engine (87% wear)

Downgrade- Lvl 7 engine (65% wear)

what would you choose if you could?

sure you wont be faster, but at least you can still be competative
Chinmay Dhopate
(Group Pro - 14)

India 
Certified: 
Old post #8 posted Jun 27th 2009, 10:01:50 Quote 
Jordan: You will, infact be actually faster with less worn lower level parts under certain circumstances :)
Fredrik Palmqvist
(Group Pro - 14)

Sweden 
Certified: 
Old post #9 posted Jun 27th 2009, 10:05:05 Quote 
Quote ( Ljubomir Delic @ June 27th 2009,09:08:43 )

It seems to me like good opportunity to low down the costs of car maintenance, to balance your budget easier,to have an additional income, and to get a boost for one or two races if needed, especially for less experienced managers to be more competitive.

The financial aspect of the game works prety well. Many rookies doesn't have a clue how to play the game, first thing they do is upgrade all parts to lvl 2 (so you becoem faster), then they use 100 in risks so they need to replace most car parts after first race, and after once race they are in negative.

This game is much about money management, knowing when to spend and how much to spend. If you spend more then you get in income you are doing something wrong. A rookie can't upgrade to a level 7 car and assume he/she will be in possitive balance. Not all people in amateur/pro/master have more then level 5 cars anyway (don't know about elite, to lazy to check). You need to try to find out how to spend your money and don't spend more then you have or will get
Ljubomir Delic
(Group Rookie - 152)

Croatia 
Certified: 
Old post #10 posted Jun 27th 2009, 10:15:58 Quote 
Quote ( Jordan Randall @ June 27th 2009,09:55:18 )

what would you choose if you could?

sure you wont be faster, but at least you can still be competative

what if you have an important race and need points for promotion or something, don't have enough money to buy the same level new part, and downgrading will decrease your chances in the race...Why wouldnt you be able to buy my lvl8 engine (45%wear) for a half of the price of new one and keep your balance positive...and having your car performance high.
Fredrik Palmqvist
(Group Pro - 14)

Sweden 
Certified: 
Old post #11 posted Jun 27th 2009, 10:22:53 Quote 
Quote ( Ljubomir Delic @ June 27th 2009,10:15:58 )

what if you have an important race and need points for promotion or something, don't have enough money to buy the same level new part, and downgrading will decrease your chances in the race...Why wouldnt you be able to buy my lvl8 engine (45%wear) for a half of the price of new one and keep your balance positive...and having your car performance high.

There is an extremly big chance for exploiting, you could ominate rookie-amateur just by buying higher level parts from "your friend" in an upper division.
I'm sorry to say this but I think the idea is prety bad.
It works very well now. If you need to push for a race to promote or something and can't make it, just face the fact you weren't good enough for promoteing that year, you need to focus on next year instead. There will always be like 15 people relegateing from each division. If everyone got the same possibility to upgrade parts like you suggested there wouldn't be any difference in the end anyway since everyone can do it.
Ljubomir Delic
(Group Rookie - 152)

Croatia 
Certified: 
Old post #12 posted Jun 27th 2009, 11:02:15 Quote 
Quote ( Fredrik Palmqvist @ June 27th 2009,10:22:53 )

There will always be like 15 people relegateing from each division

with car level 6+(amateur+ groups), and promoted ones have car lvl 4-5 or even less. why not to let them catch the leaders faster.
Andrej Borsuk
(Group Master - 3)

Slovakia 
Certified: 
Old post #13 posted Jun 27th 2009, 11:09:15 Quote 
I think that season is long enough to catch leaders in terms of car level. After few races you will have to replace your parts so you can catch them really fast if you want.
Chris Williams
(Group Amateur - 39)

GPRO Crew
England 
Certified: 
Old post #14 posted Jun 27th 2009, 11:13:52 Quote 
As Fredrik pointed out in his last message - it's open to abuse.

It seems (to me at least) GPRO specifically has no direct relationships between managers (ie. Money swapping, driver trading, part swapping, etc), and I would take a guess that's to stop people giving others a huge and unfair advantage, but also to negate any benefit somone with double accounts could gain.

Damon Cave
(Group Rookie - 126)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #15 posted Jun 27th 2009, 11:32:21 Quote 
Theres a lot more to your speed in the game than a car level though. Even going say from a level 4-->3 can be overcome with the use of testing, your driver, and risks.

Personally though, i wouldnt want to buy anyone's second hand parts, no matter how good the deal. You can downgrade, and not spend a penny in the mean time.

It managed to carry me through to master like that, so the current system does work as it stands.
Ljubomir Delic
(Group Rookie - 152)

Croatia 
Certified: 
Old post #16 posted Jun 27th 2009, 11:58:59 Quote 
Quote ( Chris Williams @ June 27th 2009,11:13:52 )

It seems (to me at least) GPRO specifically has no direct relationships between managers (ie. Money swapping, driver trading, part swapping, etc),

No need for direct contacts between managers. just a space to place your offer, and a place where to search. No names necessary.

But anyway, as i can see no one likes this idea, so we can live without it...:)
Chris Williams
(Group Amateur - 39)

GPRO Crew
England 
Certified: 
Old post #17 posted Jun 27th 2009, 12:06:28 Quote 
Quote ( Ljubomir Delic @ June 27th 2009,11:58:59 )

No need for direct contacts between managers. just a space to place your offer, and a place where to search. No names necessary.

My point was that it opens the opportunity for cheating.

If determined enough, I could open a second GPRO account (which I don't race with), and simply trade my parts to my "master account".

Currently, any multi accounts only have the benefit of gaining twice the amount of data. They still have to analyse and compare in order to gain any benefit. This idea however, would give an instant monetary advantage against players with only 1 account.

I hope that makes sense?
Fredrik Palmqvist
(Group Pro - 14)

Sweden 
Certified: 
Old post #18 posted Jun 27th 2009, 12:13:07 Quote 
Quote ( Ljubomir Delic @ June 27th 2009,11:58:59 )

But anyway, as i can see no one likes this idea, so we can live without it...:)

Well let's say we make a deal, you'll get my level x part. We agree that I'll put it out on the market at 8:04:00 (game time), you can then just go and buy it right away before anyone else see it. After a while I decide to quite the game, all parts I have will go to the market at a given time and you can buy them... This is something that will be exploited for sure.

Quote ( Ljubomir Delic @ June 27th 2009,11:02:15 )

with car level 6+(amateur+ groups), and promoted ones have car lvl 4-5 or even less. why not to let them catch the leaders faster.

Why should this be easy, why should you be given better parts without fighting for it. GPRO is a game based on your ability to use money management, upgrade your team to become more and more powerfull.
Rookie is extremly easy when you know the game, Amateur is also extremly easy, if you have a good driver you'll be promoted without even trying (more or less). It's when you get to Pro it start to be difficult and you need a good gameplan to be able to first stay in the group and later promote as well. If you were given a highway to Pro without learning anything on the way there you'll face a direct relegation back to amateur, that's for sure.

Try to work out how you should improve your speed, there are certain stats on your driver that makes him fast. Some drivers are fast in qualify, some are fast in rain, some are fast in races. Then you can use risks as well which will make you go faster, BUT it'll also make your car parts wear MUCH faster, this means it'll cost you MUCH more money since you need to replace the car parts to frequent, a standard rule is that your car parts should last AT LEAST 3 races no matter what (doesn't apply for master/elite). If it doesn't you are most likely using to much risks or are extremly unlucky with random incidents that can occur.
Ljubomir Delic
(Group Rookie - 152)

Croatia 
Certified: 
Old post #19 posted Jun 27th 2009, 12:44:28 Quote 
Quote ( Fredrik Palmqvist @ June 27th 2009,12:13:07 )

Well let's say we make a deal, you'll get my level x part. We agree that I'll put it out on the market at 8:04:00 (game time), you can then just go and buy it right away before anyone else see it.

your offer won't be the only one for sure...There is possibility to set time delay like other games that allow resources and the other stuff trading.
Quote ( Fredrik Palmqvist @ June 27th 2009,12:13:07 )

GPRO is a game based on your ability to use money management,

As far as I know money management is all about trading...also the basics are to buy cheap and sell expensive, and if you can earn something on the thing you no longer need...why not?
Mike Baston
(Group Pro - 15)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #20 posted Jun 27th 2009, 12:49:36 Quote 
Bottom line is GPRO rules are GPRo rules so why not try & work within them rather than asking for them to be changed to suit what you want to do
Bojan Markoski
(Group Rookie - 165)

North Macedonia 
Certified: 
Old post #21 posted Jun 27th 2009, 12:53:28 (last edited Jun 27th 2009, 12:53:43 by Martin Boncanoski) Quote 
Ljubomir, why you can't understand that your idea will provide cheating?

Quote ( Ljubomir Delic @ June 27th 2009,12:44:28 )

As far as I know money management is all about trading...also the basics are to buy cheap and sell expensive, and if you can earn something on the thing you no longer need...why not?

You're right, but this is not that kind of game. In GPRO you only manage a team, you can also show your managerial abilities in other way. ;)
Fredrik Palmqvist
(Group Pro - 14)

Sweden 
Certified: 
Like this post (1)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #22 posted Jun 27th 2009, 19:10:15 (last edited Jun 27th 2009, 19:11:19 by Fredrik Palmqvist) Quote 
Quote ( Ljubomir Delic @ June 27th 2009,12:44:28 )

Hmm, you are so wrong here. Money management is all about not spending more money then you can afford. The economy in this game is fine IMO (only sponsor that need to be looked into). If you can sell your broken parts, what's next, arrange a lottery and you get all the income so you get 5M extra every race?
In GPRO we don't sell anything to get an income, we race to get our income. If you want to trade and make profit, maybe you should try tycoon or something similar which suits what you want to play.

Look at it like this (this is just a slight guideline).
Group - Max Car level - Max Risks - Race income
Rookie - 3 - 20 - 8M
Amateur - 5 - 40 - 12M
Pro - 7 - 60 - 15M
Master - 8 - 80 - 18M
Elite - 10 - 100 - 25M
Now it's a FOBY thing to find out how you can get a level 10 car when parts only can give you 9.

If you are using a level 8 car in amateur you'll be extremly fast, but your income will not be high enough to make you maintain it so you'll hve to go down to a level that suits your income.
You simply have to adjust your spending compared to what you get in income. This is one of the thoughest part of the game to find the balance where you can get the most out of it. Some times you need to take 2 middle seasons just to build up. These 2 seasons you won't be competitive.
Yakup Paçacı
(Group Amateur - 7)

Turkey 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (4)
Old post #23 posted Aug 7th 2019, 09:49:12 (last edited Aug 7th 2019, 09:50:59 by Yakup Paçacı) Quote 
only at its own level parts bought

example:

own car :

engine level 5: xxx

own bought

engine level 5: 60%
Page [1

This topic has been closed by the moderators!