Page « 1 2 3 ... 177 [178179 ... 191 192 193 » Quick go to page:
Author Topic: Suggestions 5783 replies
Jens Jäschke
(Group Amateur - 28)

Germany 
Certified: 
Like this post (1)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #5311 posted Apr 9th 2022, 19:51:34 Quote 
I think it has something to do with uncertainty, Henri.
1% of 180l is less exact than 1l.
Ricardo Antunes
(Group Amateur - 28)

Portugal 
Certified: 
Old post #5312 posted Apr 14th 2022, 00:14:55 Quote 
Quick quality of life suggestion: would be nice if we could filter someone's forum posts by title of the thread as well. As in the thread they posted in.

Henri Svensson
(Group Amateur - 23)

Sweden 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #5313 posted Apr 14th 2022, 07:33:56 Quote 
Quote ( Jens Jäschke @ April 9th 2022,19:51:34 )

I think it has something to do with uncertainty, Henri.
1% of 180l is less exact than 1l.

Not much. 1% is 1,8 liter. Of course rounded up or down makes a little difference but still not much.
Ilia Lilov
(Group Master - 1)

Bulgaria 
Certified: 
Like this post (4)   Dislike this post (1)
Old post #5314 posted May 3rd 2022, 19:52:49 Quote 
Can we change the "Current contract details" part of the driver's profile's. The "Current Owner" part feels a bit weird to me... maybe "Current Manager" is better. I think we are past the point of owning people be it fictional ones. Same for TD's
Ioannis Kalogirou
(Group Master - 4)

Greece 
Certified: 
Old post #5315 posted May 4th 2022, 11:18:25 Quote 
- If is easy I think when we watch another group on the live mod in the upper information bar the manager we choose should come out, with all the elements that come out when it's us.
...Thanks from Sithonia.-
Mike Bennett
(Group Master - 1)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #5316 posted May 5th 2022, 20:39:49 Quote 
Can we please have the ability to customize the 'friends list' ?

This has been suggested before and would be a great update if implemented. There are many reasons for adding managers to a 'friends list' the main one is that it shows them active in the last 12 hrs. (it used to be 6hrs)

To be able to create additional lists and headings would be extremely welcome, also maybe a colour option as well ?
George Togas
(Group Pro - 13)

Greece 
Certified: 
Like this post (4)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #5317 posted May 15th 2022, 13:05:12 Quote 
Is it possible we can "mark as unread" or highlight notifications same way we do with the pms?
Ilia Lilov
(Group Master - 1)

Bulgaria 
Certified: 
Like this post (14)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #5318 posted May 19th 2022, 18:10:40 Quote 
I think it will be nice if we can get different divisions for the team cup competition. Currently only 320 people get to be part of it and I am pretty sure most of them aren't really engaged with it.

I believe it will be more fun if we get at least 3 divisions and top 32 compete for the "Elite" division for all the trophies and achievements, but then you can get the next 32 teams to compete in the "Master" division and next 32 for "Pro".

This way you can get 3 times more people to be part of the team cups and can give something for the smaller teams to aim for and brag about.

I believe that might get people more excited about that feature and also get more people to experience it outside of the top teams.
Jonathan Beagles
(Group Pro - 15)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #5319 posted May 19th 2022, 22:01:06 Quote 
Great idea Ilia :)
Miel Soeterbroek
(Group Elite)

Netherlands 
Certified: 
Like this post (11)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #5320 posted Jun 13th 2022, 12:54:29 Quote 

/gb/forum/ViewTopic.asp?TopicId=14753&PostId=4893646#post4893646

Just wanted to drop this here too, having "live" team scores updates during the race was SO much fun! Would really be a good addition to the race viewers, 100%.

Just like the 'live standings', but with a filtered list of teams (watchlisted and your own)
Sonny Long
(Group Rookie - 29)

England 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (2)
Old post #5321 posted Jun 13th 2022, 14:02:57 Quote 
hi,

i suggest sorting out the teams event log by season (i.e. say, you want to see what transfers teams made in, idk, 79 for example) - could be a neat little addition here :)
Jos van der Geest
(Group Rookie - 29)

Netherlands 
Certified: 
Like this post (5)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #5322 posted Jun 14th 2022, 02:18:56 (last edited Jun 14th 2022, 02:26:08 by Jos van der Geest) Quote 
Quote ( James Boylan @ February 9th 2022,18:15:22 )

One suggestion I would have for teams is to allow an 11th, non-scoring rookie member. This could be a manager with less then 1 or 2 seasons experience that has never been in a team before to be eligible. They would not score any points for the team, but have access to the team chat and forums.

Advantage for the rookie managers is they can learn the game from experienced teams, as teams will be more likely to add an 11th manager.

Its always possible for a rookie, even if it have done less than 17 races, joining a team. There are many teams. And also many teams what are really good and still stable what have sometimes 9 people.

You can always write the leader of the team and writing a sollicitation. Answering questions what the teamleader have and so on.

Yes it can be slightly harder than a new team, Or a team with many many spots whats not a sister team. But its still possible.

Prove yourself and you can maybe in a very very good team earlier than you espect. But yeah you must have patience and willing to talk and willing to be open.

Do write an application mail. Dont click apply before a good team said that you can click that buttom.
Frederik Broux
(Group Elite)

Belgium 
Certified: 
Old post #5323 posted Jun 15th 2022, 23:12:38 Quote 
Just a very small suggestion. I don't understand why the available driver page ( /gb/AvailDrivers.asp ) in Elite only shows driver from OA 170 or above. Wouldn't it be more logical if it would show all drivers from 161 and above?

For Technical directors ( /gb/AvailTechDirectors.asp ) it show all TDs with 121 OA or above which seems more logical.
Mike Bennett
(Group Master - 1)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #5324 posted Jun 17th 2022, 12:40:32 (last edited Jun 17th 2022, 12:41:20 by Mike Bennett) Quote 
Can we add the little round tyre supplier icon to the testing page, maybe next to the Tyres (setup related parts), and also on the Setup page, (we have it in q1 /q2 but not on the setup page)?

This will greatly help when checking/analysing past data, especially the testing.

Example:

https://i.imgur.com/rBw5lyO.png

Thanks
Jos van der Geest
(Group Rookie - 29)

Netherlands 
Certified: 
Like this post (1)   Dislike this post (1)
Old post #5325 posted Jun 17th 2022, 14:28:20 Quote 
Not a direct suggestion to change the game.

However it would be handy if player what do mentor new players, they also tell something about the teams and that its very recommend that new players from 2 races or longer, that they go to a team. The minimum of 2 races because i can understand that teams are not intresting to add inactive people. After 2 races most new players know if they want continue the game yes or no.

Niels Van Heijster
(Group Pro - 20)

Netherlands 
Certified: 
Like this post (3)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #5326 posted Jun 17th 2022, 14:53:50 Quote 
Quote ( Jos van der Geest @ June 17th 2022,14:28:20 )

Not a direct suggestion to change the game.

However it would be handy if player what do mentor new players, they also tell something about the teams and that its very recommend that new players from 2 races or longer, that they go to a team. The minimum of 2 races because i can understand that teams are not intresting to add inactive people. After 2 races most new players know if they want continue the game yes or no.

A good mentor may steer you in the right direction, but will never just hand you the full answer. He/she would make you think about your choices, or where to look for clues!

The best any mentee can do once he/she is taken under the wings of a mentor, is to ask many questions. Next try to come up with theories, and test these in your own races. Observe well, and discuss what you have observed and what you think happend, and how things could be improved from your POV.

This also goes for team info, if you have a desire to know, ask! Ask plenty ;)
Jos van der Geest
(Group Rookie - 29)

Netherlands 
Certified: 
Old post #5327 posted Jun 17th 2022, 15:21:59 Quote 
Quote ( Niels Van Heijster @ June 17th 2022,14:53:50 )

A good mentor may steer you in the right direction, but will never just hand you the full answer. He/she would make you think about your choices, or where to look for clues!

The best any mentee can do once he/she is taken under the wings of a mentor, is to ask many questions. Next try to come up with theories, and test these in your own races. Observe well, and discuss what you have observed and what you think happend, and how things could be improved from your POV.

This also goes for team info, if you have a desire to know, ask! Ask plenty ;)

Ofcourse players must think about their actions. But it help them to lead them to a team. Also more empty team places get more filled. So its good for both.
Jens Jäschke
(Group Amateur - 28)

Germany 
Certified: 
Like this post (7)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #5328 posted Jun 17th 2022, 22:41:31 (last edited Jun 17th 2022, 22:41:52 by Jens Jäschke) Quote 
I hate this mentality that every new player should be pushed to join a team asap. Not everyone gains enjoyment from being in a team. Not everyone wants answers to be handed to them on a silver platter.
Mention the option, mention the advantages, but also mention the alternatives.

There are different ways to play this game and all of them are valid. Implying otherwise is annoying at best and alienating players at worst.
Jos van der Geest
(Group Rookie - 29)

Netherlands 
Certified: 
Like this post (2)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #5329 posted Jun 17th 2022, 23:15:36 Quote 
Quote ( Jens Jäschke @ June 17th 2022,22:41:31 )

I hate this mentality that every new player should be pushed to join a team asap. Not everyone gains enjoyment from being in a team. Not everyone wants answers to be handed to them on a silver platter.

There are different ways to play this game and all of them are valid. Implying otherwise is annoying at best and alienating players at worst.

Yes, you have a point.
It was more to help new players. Not to force them doing things.
David Andrewartha
(Group Amateur - 38)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #5330 posted Jun 18th 2022, 03:10:29 Quote 

Totally agree Jens, I actually miss the old FOBY days. It took a bit longer to start getting anywhere but you learned a lot more about the game. I've seen some questions asked here recently from players with a lot of races under their belts about basic rookie stuff. You used to learn that sort of thing for yourself as you progressed.
Darian Vincent
(Group Rookie - 95)

Canada 
Certified: 
Old post #5331 posted Jun 18th 2022, 08:45:06 Quote 

Quote ( David Andrewartha @ June 18th 2022,03:10:29 )

Totally agree Jens, I actually miss the old FOBY days. It took a bit longer to start getting anywhere but you learned a lot more about the game. I've seen some questions asked here recently from players with a lot of races under their belts about basic rookie stuff. You used to learn that sort of thing for yourself as you progressed.

Bingo. no problem laying out the pros and cons of all options depending on what you hope to get out of the game. crazy as it is not everyone wants to get to elite, some people just like to play and screw around :)

FOBY isn't something i miss much. there are obviously some things that should come to people as they get used to the game (because even if you tell someone brand new exactly what to do they will have no idea what to do with that info) but back in the day people were chastised for asking the most basic of questions. The sun is still gonna rise in the morning if you tell little Timmy his laptime will slow down if he qualifies on wets in dry weather :)
for the game to appeal to everyone there has to be accessible to all, while also having countless ways to play and progress. The game is certainly better at that now than it was back when i first started. still lots of room to improve though.
Jun Ho
(Group Pro - 14)

Hong Kong 
Certified: 
Old post #5332 posted Jun 18th 2022, 09:31:01 Quote 
@Darian Vincent (R95) you back racing again? Been a while
Jody Parker
(Group Amateur - 32)

England 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (12)
Old post #5333 posted Jun 18th 2022, 14:06:57 Quote 
I'm sure this has in some way been suggested before but can't find it.

Stats and such on drivers are very exact and the best players know exactly what stats and at what levels to look for in various positions in the game, and training a driver right makes a lot of drivers very similar, if not nearly exact, at the higher levels. And, yes, it's a managerial game so money and handling of means should be among the most important aspects of the game though with drivers being so narrowed down it ends up being only that.

My suggestion would be to introduce a bunch of slightly varied HIDDEN Random Attributes to drivers, each driver having between 1 and 5 such random attributes. A good manager could likely figure out some of those but would have to do so anew for each new driver they took on as the attributes themselves would be hidden.

Such hidden random attributes would have a small span only, a few percent set in a scale with 11 fixed points, what the max and min would be would likely depend on the type of attribute. Every driver having one would have a fixed variational number though, not fluctuate within it. Maybe it's between -2% to +2% with scale then set at "-2.0, -1.6, -1.2, -0.8, -0.4, +-0, +0.4, +0.8, +1.2, +1.6, and +2.0%"

Some suggestions for hidden random attributes, and I am sure lots and lots more could be thought of, are:
Car Power: Driver utilizes Power of car better or worse than normal, Power is between -5 and +5% of normal.
Car Handling, same as Power.
Car Acceleration, same as Power.
Speed variation: Driver is slower or faster than stats would suggest, from 2 to -2%.
Overtake
Blocking
Sponsor negotiation
Sponsor happiness
Sponsor money offered
Pit speed (let's pit crew know what's coming in time, or not at all)
Technical faults chance
Random faults chance
Driver Mistake chance
One for each known attribute (this so those aren't actually 100% known too).
Mikko Heikkinen
(Group Master - 4)

Finland 
Certified: 
Like this post (7)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #5334 posted Jun 18th 2022, 14:24:36 (last edited Jun 18th 2022, 14:25:28 by Mikko Heikkinen) Quote 
Quote ( Jody Parker @ June 18th 2022,14:06:57 )

hidden random attributes

So you'll end up hiring a driver and at some later point find that for some mystical unknown reason the driver is crap , thus losing potentially season(s) of time.

Worst... Suggestion... ever!

(comic book guy style)
Paulo Neves
(Group Amateur - 67)

Portugal 
Certified: 
Old post #5335 posted Jun 18th 2022, 14:35:23 (last edited Jun 18th 2022, 14:36:17 by Paulo Neves) Quote 
Quote ( Jody Parker @ June 18th 2022,14:06:57 )

My suggestion would be to introduce a bunch of slightly varied HIDDEN Random Attributes to drivers

Shhhht! don't give them ideas!😮
Thijs Rieken
(Group Master - 4)

Netherlands 
Certified: 
Old post #5336 posted Jun 18th 2022, 14:38:42 Quote 
Who says there's no hidden attributes already? 🙃
MG van Rensburg
(Group Amateur - 16)

South Africa 
Certified: 
Old post #5337 posted Jun 18th 2022, 15:25:59 Quote 
Im struggling to understand the perceived issue with drivers that led to the suggestion tbh.
Jukka Sireni2
(Group Rookie - 145)

GPRO Crew
Finland 
Certified: 
Old post #5338 posted Jun 18th 2022, 16:14:41 Quote 
I kinda like making drivers a bit more varying. But hidden attributes doesn't sound a good idea.
Jens Jäschke
(Group Amateur - 28)

Germany 
Certified: 
Old post #5339 posted Jun 18th 2022, 17:40:53 Quote 
Quote ( Thijs Rieken @ June 18th 2022,14:38:42 )

Who says there's no hidden attributes already? 🙃

Bell did. If there are any hidden variables, they're not local to the driver :P
(for the lucky ones who never had to study quantum mechanics: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bell%27s_theorem)

Quote ( Jukka Sireni @ June 18th 2022,16:14:41 )

I kinda like making drivers a bit more varying. But hidden attributes doesn't sound a good idea.

Completely agree. Rolling the dice on something you can't affect, after locking yourself into a choice longer-term is not good game design for a game based on strategy.

Darian Vincent
(Group Rookie - 95)

Canada 
Certified: 
Old post #5340 posted Jun 19th 2022, 04:35:54 Quote 
Quote ( Jun Ho @ June 18th 2022,09:31:01 )

@Darian Vincent (R95) you back racing again? Been a while
i try and come back and see if the bug stays with me every so often :)
Page « 1 2 3 ... 177 [178179 ... 191 192 193 » Quick go to page:

Reply to this topic