Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Forum games > [Mafia] - Game of GPRO [GAME OVER] Add this topic to your ignore list Add this topic to your watchlist
Page « 1 2 3 ... 18 [1920 ... 196 197 198 » Quick go to page:
Author Topic: [Mafia] - Game of GPRO [GAME OVER] 5922 replies
Chew Kai Wen
(Group Amateur - 89)

GPRO Crew
Singapore 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #541 posted Nov 5th 2014, 07:03:59 Quote 
@Daniel 2nd question: When I said town, I meant everyone of us in general. I couldn't find a better word to describe all of us. I was not trying to imply all who was speaking was town.
Eduardo Sanchez Carenzo
(Group Pro - 22)

Mexico 
Certified: 
Old post #542 posted Nov 5th 2014, 07:04:43 Quote 
Quote ( Daniel Douglas @ November 5th 2014,05:52:54 )

And so it begins.

Yea guys i will read... blah blah

two days later: i will catch up over the weekend.

Sorry Daniel but my BP was over 150, which is not good for someone my age (or anybodies age unless you are exercising)

But I'm here and continue posting, I had read up to that moment.
Francois Van Der Merwe
(Group Rookie - 307)

South Africa 
Certified: 
Old post #543 posted Nov 5th 2014, 07:05:20 Quote 
Writing 2 exams in the next 2 days, so ive been studying the last 3 days so skimming helps me not wanting to get too involved in arguments and stuff like that .

Calculus and material science the exams

" It " reffering to my apparent "soft claim" and comment about chaos
Daniel Douglas
(Group Pro - 2)

United States 
Certified: 
Old post #544 posted Nov 5th 2014, 07:19:55 Quote 
@chew

KIV???

You seem to be making a lot of excusses for kenny there. Could be could be could be...?
What makes you think his response will reveal anything? What evidence do you have that he will change the behavior he has already shown (refusal to answer)?

Are you just parroting me (poorly) on francois? Nothing has been said about him not answering questions, and i dont think he has missed any question of consequence (i havent seen any). I pushing him for a response to others opinion of him.... piss poor parot you are.

Is that statement the onoy thing that gives you a scum read on janne? It is the only thing you mention.

Is michal being defensive of janne, or is he distancing..... make up your mind.
Eduardo Sanchez Carenzo
(Group Pro - 22)

Mexico 
Certified: 
Old post #545 posted Nov 5th 2014, 07:25:34 Quote 
Quote ( Daniel Douglas @ November 5th 2014,06:52:59 )

Eduardo,

Your thoughts on kenny, francois and janne?

Without you even asking me I was going to post my comments about them:

About Francois,
I really don't get what he's up to, playing an extra noob card by making stupid questions (sorry can't understand how anybody can say that shooting 50-Cal's is a sport, unless you live in a drug lord/terrorist area), and being too friendly. And then soft claiming he has a PR (which in most of this games would be normal, with vainilla being the exception). He claims he was under pressure but 3 votes is hardly under pressure when you need 12 to insta. To be honest I don't have a scum/town reading on him, he could be a Third Party and thus wonder if he is benefit to town or not. But if he is TP, and made this claim he has made a serious mistake.

Kenny:
Another soft claimer, his "voyeur" comment is totally useless and seems like a soft claim to me, of course there are 2-3 alternatives for a "voyeur" type of role,and no need to discuss them now, but his comment was not needed
His refusal to answer simple questions also bothers me, specially after you insisted. Makes me nervous and gets him more "scummy points". Not considering voting for him now, but would do if needed for lynch.

Janne:
Mixed feelings, his comment about policy lynch is very complete, and this completeness is what makes him look like he has inside knowledge, about Michal flipping town, and I say Michal, because he was the candidate mentioned by Kevin for the policy lynch and thus as Kevin points out smells as implied knowledge.
To be honest I did not see this until Kevin pointed it out, so it was really not that obvious to me. As Kenny I will not vote for him now, but might do so later.

Daniel Douglas
(Group Pro - 2)

United States 
Certified: 
Old post #546 posted Nov 5th 2014, 07:27:12 Quote 
Quote ( Chew Kai Wen @ November 5th 2014,07:03:59 )

@Daniel 2nd question: When I said town, I meant everyone of us in general. I couldn't find a better word to describe all of us. I was not trying to imply all who was speaking was town.

Really.... "the opinion on him".... how about that?

But you specifically mentjon town. Using the same arguement that janne is questioned for, whom you have a scum read on based on only that arguement... you show implied knowledge that those expressing an opinion on francois were of the town alignment. There is obviously only one way you could know this.

Francois Van Der Merwe
(Group Rookie - 307)

South Africa 
Certified: 
Old post #547 posted Nov 5th 2014, 07:29:28 Quote 
Shooting is a sport here. But i dont know all the details of the sport and im not sure if it includes 50-cal but it could. anyway getting off topic here.
Eduardo Sanchez Carenzo
(Group Pro - 22)

Mexico 
Certified: 
Old post #548 posted Nov 5th 2014, 07:30:05 Quote 
What happened to Stuart?

He posted as crazy one day, and know has disappeared, posting in other forums but not here.
Daniel Douglas
(Group Pro - 2)

United States 
Certified: 
Old post #549 posted Nov 5th 2014, 07:35:38 Quote 
Eduardo...

There is a sport involving long rang shooting with 50 caliber rifles.

Another sport involving medium range (100 to 300m) shooting with 50 caliber black powder rifles.

How you would tolerate burning thousands of rounds through one of those rifles i have no idea, but i digress.

How do you get third party from anything francois has done. Ill not argue a scum read, but specifically third party???? What sort of specific information would lead you to narrow down such a thing?

Do you think kenny's presence benefits or harms town in the game?

What, in your opinion makes jannes comment so "complete"?

How do you feel about chew's comment?
Daniel Douglas
(Group Pro - 2)

United States 
Certified: 
Old post #550 posted Nov 5th 2014, 07:37:21 Quote 
Quote ( Francois Van Der Merwe @ November 5th 2014,07:29:28 )

Shooting is a sport here. But i dont know all the details of the sport and im not sure if it includes 50-cal but it could. anyway getting off topic here.

So what is your opinion on kenny, janne, michal and chew?

Try something like what chew and eduardo wrote.... not one line bs like what you have been writing.
Daniel Douglas
(Group Pro - 2)

United States 
Certified: 
Old post #551 posted Nov 5th 2014, 07:47:58 Quote 
Quote ( Michał Kożuchowski @ November 5th 2014,03:48:57 )

Quote ( Daniel Douglas @ November 5th 2014,03:43:38 )

Are you seeiously trying to buddy with everyone?

I'm not trying anything except scumhunting. I'm not thinking about what I post I just post all my thoughts. In previous games I was wasting too much time making my posts look beautiful, now I decided to change it

So what scum hunting have you done so far?

Other than avoiding it.
Chew Kai Wen
(Group Amateur - 89)

GPRO Crew
Singapore 
Certified: 
Old post #552 posted Nov 5th 2014, 07:48:57 Quote 
KIV as in Keep in View, my bad, shouldn't have used acronyms here.

Well I am mostly defending Kenny as of now mainly because it's his first forum game. I've played in the face to face form of Mafia before and I know it can be very different from this online form in terms of nature of the game. Hence I don't want to say he is a definite scum here, but neither is he out of my sights. As to your second part on Kenny, I have no clue as to whether he will answer. Hence I can only wait and see his response before I make a clearer point on whether he is town or scum. He hasn't really spoken since last nights encounter and my eyebrows will be raised if he still hasn't spoken by today or tomorrow morning at least to defend himself.

As for Francois, when I meant him not answering questions, I meant not really defending convincingly if that helps.

Well it is the most standout so far of all his statements. I will say more later once I return from something I have to do now.

As for Michal, by being defensive of Janne, he is trying to distance himself from the whole situation...if Janne turns out scum he could say he made a mistake in his read, if Jamne turns out town he will say "Told you so"

Erm Daniel, which part are you not clear on, I did said that when I mentioned town, I meant everyone in general. That's how you address it in general, no? At least, in the other Mafia games I played on other sites, the term "town" is used to refer to everyone in general. It's different from Janne, who had stated that "Mafia will hide in the shadows"
Daniel Douglas
(Group Pro - 2)

United States 
Certified: 
Old post #553 posted Nov 5th 2014, 07:57:33 Quote 
So "his response will reveal more".... based on his behavior so far, if he continues acting just as he has so far in this game (no indication otherwise), how will it reveal more? How will it change anything?

Re francois: so you did not mean what you said? Because you specifically said "not answering questions"

Re michal: In what universe is being defensive the same as distancing????

Re town comment: it is the exact same concept. Janne implied that michal was not mafia by saying that a policy lynch of michal would allow mafia to hide in the shadows. This shows implied knowledge on jannes part as to who is mafia.

you state that "towns opinion", showing implied knowledge that those expressing an opinion are town. Only scum will have an idea as to who is town.

To my recolection i have never seen anyone refer to the entire set of players in the game as town. Which you are saying is what you are doing.
Francois Van Der Merwe
(Group Rookie - 307)

South Africa 
Certified: 
Old post #554 posted Nov 5th 2014, 08:27:14 Quote 
Kenny : Makes a long post in #303 hitting out at me going off topic and then going off himself. Hitting out at me after it was already pointed out as a mistake and he was basically just parroting others. He clearly avoids answering questions. MAybe his scum buddies were offline? Disappeared when all eyes were on me makig me think he just went lurking.

Janne : Janne might be hated townie (saw something like that in the flash), asking to be friends with me #210 and then saying the important work is done and then he started. Janne makes good point in pointing out policy lynch is a bad idea as it helps the scum. I think he is townie right now

Michal : Hit out of me for going off topic and then did go off as well. Comes on and does not say much to raise suspicions every day. I don't think he is town at this point in time. Also not been talking a lot or consistently

Chew : wrong assumptions about my role and talking about evidence which is in my "writing style" so it does not exist. After saying he wont be on much he has commented quiet a bit but not said much in those comments and just parrots people. He is neutral for me now
Kevin Parkinson
(Group Master - 5)

GPRO Crew
Scotland 
Certified: 
Old post #555 posted Nov 5th 2014, 08:32:57 Quote 
Quote ( Eduardo Sanchez Carenzo @ November 5th 2014,06:51:00 )

Kevin,

Can we talk back about lynching Michal, but not as part of a policy lynch?

I'm not interested in lynching Michal at all today. If Janne has slipped, as I believe looks likely, then that means Michal is not mafia.
Daniel Douglas
(Group Pro - 2)

United States 
Certified: 
Old post #556 posted Nov 5th 2014, 08:35:18 Quote 
Do you have an opinion on someone that doesnt involve their interaction with you?

Francois ^
Francois Van Der Merwe
(Group Rookie - 307)

South Africa 
Certified: 
Old post #557 posted Nov 5th 2014, 08:36:21 Quote 
no
Daniel Douglas
(Group Pro - 2)

United States 
Certified: 
Old post #558 posted Nov 5th 2014, 08:38:00 Quote 
Why are you playing in this game?
Francois Van Der Merwe
(Group Rookie - 307)

South Africa 
Certified: 
Old post #559 posted Nov 5th 2014, 08:40:01 Quote 
For fun
Daniel Douglas
(Group Pro - 2)

United States 
Certified: 
Old post #560 posted Nov 5th 2014, 08:43:38 Quote 
Quote ( Francois Van Der Merwe @ November 5th 2014,08:40:01 )

For fun

Do you plan on being a productive member of the game, or are you falling back to your self admitted scum tactics?
Kevin Parkinson
(Group Master - 5)

GPRO Crew
Scotland 
Certified: 
Old post #561 posted Nov 5th 2014, 08:48:44 Quote 
Unofficial Vote Count (up to post #560)
Alan Tansley
Andi Ndreçka - 1 (Janne)
Chew Kai Wen
Daniel Douglas - 1 (Nicholas)
Eduardo Sanchez Carenzo
Finn Shaw-McIver - 2 (Mike, Andi)
Francois Van Der Merwe - 3 (Stuart, Kenny, Noel)
Jack Benson - 1 (Michael)
Janne Väänänen - 3 (Kevin, Finn, Jack)
Jimmy de Roy
Kenny Ng - 2 (Daniel, Marvin)
Kevin Parkinson - 2 (Krasimir, Michał)
Kirsty Ridley
Krasimir Ivanov - 1 (Eduardo)
Marvin Mackenberg
Michael Zarwalski
Michał Kożuchowski - 1 (Francois)
Mike Baston
Nicholas Carpenter
Noel McAvena
Stuart McIntyre
Vladimir Tsuverkalov

Still to vote: Alan, Chew, Jimmy, Kirsty, Vladimir
Jack Benson
(Group Amateur - 35)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #562 posted Nov 5th 2014, 08:48:59 Quote 
Francois, are you scum?

#effectivescumhunting
Francois Van Der Merwe
(Group Rookie - 307)

South Africa 
Certified: 
Old post #563 posted Nov 5th 2014, 08:49:30 Quote 
Self admitted scum tactics??
Francois Van Der Merwe
(Group Rookie - 307)

South Africa 
Certified: 
Old post #564 posted Nov 5th 2014, 08:49:51 Quote 
no jack
Jack Benson
(Group Amateur - 35)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #565 posted Nov 5th 2014, 08:52:01 Quote 
Quote ( Francois Van Der Merwe @ November 5th 2014,08:49:51 )

no jack

It's a mark of how you are playing, Francois, I half expected you to say otherwise.
Kevin Parkinson
(Group Master - 5)

GPRO Crew
Scotland 
Certified: 
Old post #566 posted Nov 5th 2014, 08:53:19 Quote 
Quote ( Eduardo Sanchez Carenzo @ November 5th 2014,07:25:34 )

I will not vote for him now, but might do so later.

I'm getting frustrated now.

Eduardo, and everyone else, how long are we going to leave it before we put anyone under real vote pressure. Closest to the lynch is currently L-9 and we're two and a half days from deadline.

Ideally we should aim to lynch around a day before deadline (my guaranteed-to-be-unbiased opinion on which is clearly stated), which means people being a few votes from the lynch two days before lynch (which would be today).

With the exception of a panicked newbie (like Francois did), no one is going to feel any lynch pressure at this time, and no potential buddies are going to feel any need to try and influence the vote to save one of their own, for example.

Real pressure gives the best opportunity for real information.
Francois Van Der Merwe
(Group Rookie - 307)

South Africa 
Certified: 
Old post #567 posted Nov 5th 2014, 08:56:44 Quote 
Quote ( Jack Benson @ November 5th 2014,08:52:01 )

Quote ( Francois Van Der Merwe @ November 5th 2014,08:49:51 )

no jack

It's a mark of how you are playing, Francois, I half expected you to say otherwise.

How so?
Daniel Douglas
(Group Pro - 2)

United States 
Certified: 
Old post #568 posted Nov 5th 2014, 08:58:29 Quote 
Its going to be one of those games kevin.

In jacks style

#expectingDayOneNoLynch
Kevin Parkinson
(Group Master - 5)

GPRO Crew
Scotland 
Certified: 
Old post #569 posted Nov 5th 2014, 09:00:21 Quote 
I don't expect a no lynch, but I wouldn't be surprised to see a rushed lynch that gives little information in retrospect and doesn't give time to evaluate any claims or new opinions.
Kevin Parkinson
(Group Master - 5)

GPRO Crew
Scotland 
Certified: 
Old post #570 posted Nov 5th 2014, 09:02:02 Quote 
Daniel, is there a reason you are picking on the newbie?

As far as I can see, he's answered the questions, responded to the suspicions and has posted more content than a good few people. By all means, question him if you feel the need to do so, but your questions now seem a bit like badgering and you are repeating stuff that's been covered.

I can't decide if it's your penchant for just talking to those that are online at the time or if it's something more sinister.
Page « 1 2 3 ... 18 [1920 ... 196 197 198 » Quick go to page:
Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Forum games > [Mafia] - Game of GPRO [GAME OVER] Add this topic to your ignore list Add this topic to your watchlist

Reply to this topic