Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Forum games > [Mafia] - Game of GPRO [GAME OVER] Add this topic to your ignore list Add this topic to your watchlist
Page « 1 2 3 ... 64 [6566 ... 196 197 198 » Quick go to page:
Author Topic: [Mafia] - Game of GPRO [GAME OVER] 5922 replies
Daniel Douglas
(Group Pro - 2)

United States 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #1921 posted Nov 14th 2014, 06:27:14 Quote 
You also say you do not see a case on marvin or stuart other than lurking....... while others have brought up (even prior to our exchange yesterday) issues of them sitting on the fence and avoiding and real lynch discussions.

So i question again, you comment on the character of the two, but not any case against them. Are you intentionally dismissing them?
Eduardo Sanchez Carenzo
(Group Pro - 22)

Mexico 
Certified: 
Old post #1922 posted Nov 14th 2014, 06:30:20 Quote 
Quote ( Daniel Douglas @ November 14th 2014,06:19:41 )

When did you change your mind about him asking for information, as you stated clearly yesterday that you did not see such.

Just trying to make you happy and stop focusing on this issue, which for me is irrelevant and does not help at all.

And yes I said he made a stupid question, let's see where I said it:

Quote ( Eduardo Sanchez Carenzo @ November 13th 2014,07:27:03 )

If you say that asking Kevin if he was protected was "asking to reveal information" then it was a stupid question, if Kevin was protected in most cases he will not be aware of that unless he

a) Had a one shot bulletproof ability
b) was jailed, and thus he could not do his night activity if any.

It was not that Vladimir tortured Kevin for Information but he did ask for it and I acknowledged this fact as indicated between the quotation marks, that i used them because I was paraphrasing how I read it.
Eduardo Sanchez Carenzo
(Group Pro - 22)

Mexico 
Certified: 
Old post #1923 posted Nov 14th 2014, 06:35:38 Quote 
Quote ( Daniel Douglas @ November 14th 2014,06:27:14 )

So i question again, you comment on the character of the two, but not any case against them. Are you intentionally dismissing them?

No,

They are lurking and sitting on the fence is very similar to lurking, in fact you can be very active and still sitting on the fence, by just moving with the tide and just getting on the vote wagon at the end.
Daniel Douglas
(Group Pro - 2)

United States 
Certified: 
Old post #1924 posted Nov 14th 2014, 06:39:09 Quote 
You just contradicted yourself in that statement.

And you still dont comment on marvin and stuart
Chew Kai Wen
(Group Amateur - 89)

GPRO Crew
Singapore 
Certified: 
Old post #1925 posted Nov 14th 2014, 07:39:27 Quote 
Quote ( Daryl Gee @ November 13th 2014,18:29:19 )

I'd like to have a longer look at Chew - buddying of Kevin always rings scum bells, but it may just be love - but unfortunately there's nothing to look at from him. And it's probably too late for today. I wonder how he'd have felt if players in the game he hosted were as committed to it as he is to this one?

Oh hi there Daryl. Let's just start off by saying I am really sorry that I haven't been active that much, but real life has been quite horrible for me lately. And yes, I joined this game via a Tim invitation, but do realise I have rejected it initially for fear of time constraint, but eventually accepted the invitation as I saw how much trouble Tim was having in attracting participants!

If I could I would have been more active, but sadly it's been a hard time trying to find time to even do my setups on GPRO for qualifying, let alone read through 100+ posts and try to think of my argument to reply that won't get shouted at for bandwagoning. If you are still not convinced, I will use yesterday as an example. I was awake from 5am in the morning for a school event and I reached home at nearly 12am. Even today, where I am more free, I am making use of the precious 2-3 hours I have free today just to read through all these posts.

Ok rant over. Time to read what has been going on carefully.
Daniel Douglas
(Group Pro - 2)

United States 
Certified: 
Old post #1926 posted Nov 14th 2014, 07:41:46 Quote 
Why are you worried about getting shouted at for bandwagoning?
Chew Kai Wen
(Group Amateur - 89)

GPRO Crew
Singapore 
Certified: 
Old post #1927 posted Nov 14th 2014, 07:49:58 Quote 
Quote ( Daniel Douglas @ November 14th 2014,07:41:46 )

Why are you worried about getting shouted at for bandwagoning?

Easy. When a person bandwagons, there is a possibility that he or she could be scum. This is because the scums will be willing for a lynch of anyone other than themselves or one of their kind. The easiest possible method would then be to follow what people are generally voting against.

I have to defend myself though that I am really trying my best not to jump on a bandwagon, it just happens that most of my thoughts seem to be following the thoughts of others, or Kevin in this day's case.
Daniel Douglas
(Group Pro - 2)

United States 
Certified: 
Old post #1928 posted Nov 14th 2014, 07:59:41 Quote 
Trying to look like you are avoiding band wagoning is in itself scummy.

So, you adjust your thoughts (or rather what you put down in thread) based on whether those thoughts coincide with a wagon?
Daniel Douglas
(Group Pro - 2)

United States 
Certified: 
Old post #1929 posted Nov 14th 2014, 08:11:20 Quote 
Quote ( Noel McAvena @ November 13th 2014,21:05:08 )

Yesterday I asked for stu's opinions and reflectively a few asked me for my own so here is where my head is at:

On Stuart- I won't be voting him right now, if I got a little more content out of him I think I could be certain of his alignment.

I'm pretty comfortable with my vote on Vlad- reasons previously mentioned (given context what reasonable motivation could a town vlad have for implying he has a night skill that has not yet been used?), plus no defense since.

Kras/Kevin I'm calling a town on town thing pending further evidence. Kevin's role soft claim I thought was prettymuch glazed over by the group, but it was important to me in forming this opinion.

I can see the logic of the case on Marvin, just not strong enough to change my vote right now.

Finn is incredibly sketchy- Its the reason I was busting his balls yesterday and I would change my vote to him if I thought there was a real chance of him getting lynched.

The other person that stands out in my mind right now is Jimmy. I don't like him, unfortunately I'm not sure if its because he is scum or I just find his play offensive.

Will you please point out where you have been "busting balls" in reference to finn??????

It should be hard to point out, search your posts... you only have a handful in this thread.
Kevin Parkinson
(Group Master - 5)

GPRO Crew
Scotland 
Certified: 
Old post #1930 posted Nov 14th 2014, 08:11:30 Quote 
Finn has clearly claimed to prevent Eduardo from doing his night action (no point being subtle about that as it is incredibly unlikely not to be clear to a group of mafia discussing it on a QT). Eduardo has basically confirmed he was blocked last night. Given the no kills and the fact I have stated that I wasn't protected, a successful block is quite inciminating.

There is, of course, the possibility that kill or kills failed for other reasons; other blocking or protection (if Finn's blocking is a jail keeper role then it could be Eduardo himself that was the target of kill(s) and saved by Finn), but there's a decent chance that Finn's claimed block stopped the kill, certainly a better chance than a random lynch, for example.

Also, it gives plenty info if Eduardo flips town (rules out that reason for failed kill attempts which strongly suggests to any protective roles that their targets on night 1 are more likely town than not), assuming Finn is telling the truth.

I'm very tempted to lynch Eduardo.

Finn, why did you target Eduardo last night?
Kevin Parkinson
(Group Master - 5)

GPRO Crew
Scotland 
Certified: 
Old post #1931 posted Nov 14th 2014, 08:12:21 Quote 
*incriminating
Chew Kai Wen
(Group Amateur - 89)

GPRO Crew
Singapore 
Certified: 
Old post #1932 posted Nov 14th 2014, 08:15:30 Quote 
Quote ( Daniel Douglas @ November 14th 2014,07:59:41 )

How is it scummy may I ask? Based on what you say should I then be just having fun joining the bandwagon party without any legitimate reasons?

So, you adjust your thoughts (or rather what you put down in thread) based on whether those thoughts coincide with a wagon?

Rather, I try my best not to repeat what has been said in the thread already. Sadly, if I were to follow that, it means I would have almost nothing to say at all. The style which I am playing now is posting my thoughts as I read through the thread. It's just a pity that whatever I find out myself has also been posted in the thread, making what I say appear to be bandwagoning.
Daniel Douglas
(Group Pro - 2)

United States 
Certified: 
Old post #1933 posted Nov 14th 2014, 08:15:33 Quote 
Hm,

I didnt read it as a blocking crumb by finn, i read it more as a watching or tracking crumb

Must review.
Daniel Douglas
(Group Pro - 2)

United States 
Certified: 
Old post #1934 posted Nov 14th 2014, 08:23:41 Quote 
Quote ( Chew Kai Wen @ November 14th 2014,08:15:30 )

How is it scummy may I ask? Based on what you say should I then be just having fun joining the bandwagon party without any legitimate reasons?

Rather, I try my best not to repeat what has been said in the thread already. Sadly, if I were to follow that, it means I would have almost nothing to say at all. The style which I am playing now is posting my thoughts as I read through the thread. It's just a pity that whatever I find out myself has also been posted in the thread, making what I say appear to be bandwagoning.

How is it scummy? "Easy" .... only scum really needs to worry about not being lynched. Town can be open and honest about their thoughts. Anyone deliberately hiding or modifying their thoughts vs their words.... has something to hide.

"Bandwagoning" isnt a thought town needs to be concerned with in relation to themselves... sure town can have things to hide (role, character, etc)..... but those are not related to bandwagoning. Thus, if this is a concern of yours, i question your intentions.

Not that i havent said it before or anything: there is absolutely nothijg wrong with discussing a point you agree with that has already been made. The chances of your honest thoughts being exactly the same as anyone else are almost zero. The only time your thoughts will be the same is when you have not investigated the matter yourself, and you only read someone elses thoughts and are just parroting them.

This is why i question parroting (see "any thoughts of your own") ... as it is a sure sign of "inactive participation" ie trying not to look like a lurker or an inactive.
Chew Kai Wen
(Group Amateur - 89)

GPRO Crew
Singapore 
Certified: 
Old post #1935 posted Nov 14th 2014, 08:34:51 Quote 
Quote ( Daniel Douglas @ November 14th 2014,08:23:41 )

How is it scummy? "Easy" .... only scum really needs to worry about not being lynched. Town can be open and honest about their thoughts. Anyone deliberately hiding or modifying their thoughts vs their words.... has something to hide.

"Bandwagoning" isnt a thought town needs to be concerned with in relation to themselves... sure town can have things to hide (role, character, etc)..... but those are not related to bandwagoning. Thus, if this is a concern of yours, i question your intentions.

Well, sorry to disappoint you, but I have none of these intentions you are talking about :)
I will say this now, I just hate it when people are quick to say "Oh, Chew is parroting. Chew is bandwagoning etc." It's bad enough that I am in the wrong timezone, when I am sleeping everything that has to be said had been said. Yes, some of my thoughts can be similar to those in the thread, and yes, I admit that at times I can be influenced by some of the stuff that has been said here, but...is every of my posts a parroting post now? While I may not have the free time to post here, I do read this thread quite often during whatever little free time I have.

Kevin Parkinson
(Group Master - 5)

GPRO Crew
Scotland 
Certified: 
Old post #1936 posted Nov 14th 2014, 08:37:45 Quote 
Quote ( Finn Shaw-McIver @ November 14th 2014,01:17:38 )

I've implied my alignment in that post

This means absolutely nothing. Implying you are town (I assume that you're not implying you are scum), like saying you are town, means piss all.
Daniel Douglas
(Group Pro - 2)

United States 
Certified: 
Old post #1937 posted Nov 14th 2014, 08:41:31 Quote 
Quote ( Chew Kai Wen @ November 14th 2014,08:34:51 )

Quote ( Daniel Douglas @ November 14th 2014,08:23:41 )

Well, sorry to disappoint you, but I have none of these intentions you are talking about :)
I will say this now, I just hate it when people are quick to say "Oh, Chew is parroting. Chew is bandwagoning etc." It's bad enough that I am in the wrong timezone, when I am sleeping everything that has to be said had been said. Yes, some of my thoughts can be similar to those in the thread, and yes, I admit that at times I can be influenced by some of the stuff that has been said here, but...is every of my posts a parroting post now? While I may not have the free time to post here, I do read this thread quite often during whatever little free time I have.

. <-- the point

o <---- your head

Go on, use your time to comment on the game... this isnt a discussion you or anyone else is going to gain anything from.
Chew Kai Wen
(Group Amateur - 89)

GPRO Crew
Singapore 
Certified: 
Old post #1938 posted Nov 14th 2014, 08:47:48 Quote 
Between the lynch candidates for today I think Vlad seems to be the more suspicious of the lot.

Vlad: He had attacked Kevin at the start of the day only to disappear entirely from this thread. His attack on Kevin was, while having some element of truth in it, it did not have a very strong basis in the first place and the way he read some of the attacks. His first post of the day in response to a quite obviously joke post by Kevin regarding protection is quite suspicious. Also, this post:

Quote ( Vladimir Tsuverkalov @ November 7th 2014,20:19:22 )

I'm staying to watch the race, so if Kenny would be at L-1 before deadline, I would vote.

Didn't like the way he talked in this post one way or another. Vlad basically from this post showed that he didn't have an actual lynch candidate in mind, and was just willing to go along with the flow. I see a possibility where he was alright with anyone being lynched, he couldn't care less, so long as he (or his scum friends possibly?) is not killed.

##Unvote Krasimir

##Vote Vladimir

Note to all: Will be out again, will start posting again once I reach back later in the day (or night it should be when I am back)

Quote ( Daryl Gee @ November 13th 2014,18:37:26 )

Sorry, this may be a bit harsh. Looking at his posting history, he's posted in the thread a lot more than I thought he had. Just, mostly forgettably.

Apology accepted btw :D
Kevin Parkinson
(Group Master - 5)

GPRO Crew
Scotland 
Certified: 
Old post #1939 posted Nov 14th 2014, 10:11:55 Quote 
Unofficial Vote Count (up to Post #1938)
(assuming "unknown" hasn't moved since last official vote count)

Andi - 0 ()
Chew - 1 (Francois)
Daniel - 0 ()
Daryl - 0 ()
Eduardo - 1 (Finn)
Finn - 4 (Stuart, Krasimir, Daryl, Kevin)
Francois - 0 ()
Jack - 0 ()
Janne - 0 ()
Jimmy - 0 ()
Kevin - 0 ()
Kirsty - 1 (Unknown)
Krasimir - 1 (Marvin)
Marvin - 2 (Michał, Nicholas)
Michał - 0 ()
Mike - 0 ()
Mikko - 0 ()
Nicholas - 0 ()
Noel - 0 ()
Stuart - 2 (Mike, Janne)
Vladimir - 7 (Andi, Jack, Eduardo, Daniel, Jimmy, Noel, Chew)
No Lynch - 0 ()

Still to vote - Mikko, Vladimir

With 21 Players alive, it will normally take 11 votes to reach Instalynch. You must have a vote in place at the deadline if Instalynch is not reached.

The current deadline is TODAY at 22:00:00 CET
Marvin Mackenberg
(Group Pro - 23)

Germany 
Certified: 
Old post #1940 posted Nov 14th 2014, 11:31:07 Quote 
Quote ( Finn Shaw-McIver @ November 13th 2014,23:31:11 )

Quote ( Marvin Mackenberg @ November 13th 2014,23:28:06 )

Where?
Quote ( Marvin Mackenberg @ November 13th 2014,22:57:51 )

Regarding my playstyle I have to agree that my posts could appear as sitting on the fence.

How can you read thas as I like to sit on the fence? That's not what I'm saying at all.

Quote ( Daryl Gee @ November 13th 2014,23:32:09 )

No, it's directed at Marvin, who I quoted.

He's using Finn posting like Finn always posts to explain a case on you, after I've just let him off my case for Marving posting Marvin, apparently, always posts.

I'd like him to explain why Finn being Finn is a scumtell.

I would have expected Finn to react differently to that. That's all.
Kevin Parkinson
(Group Master - 5)

GPRO Crew
Scotland 
Certified: 
Old post #1941 posted Nov 14th 2014, 11:32:07 Quote 
Quote ( Marvin Mackenberg @ November 14th 2014,11:31:07 )

But why would you have expected him to react differently? How would you have expected him to react? Isn't Finn sarcastic and dry a lot of the time so why does this occasion stand out?
Marvin Mackenberg
(Group Pro - 23)

Germany 
Certified: 
Old post #1942 posted Nov 14th 2014, 11:32:22 Quote 
Quote ( Eduardo Sanchez Carenzo @ November 14th 2014,06:35:38 )

No,

They are lurking and sitting on the fence is very similar to lurking, in fact you can be very active and still sitting on the fence, by just moving with the tide and just getting on the vote wagon at the end.

Quote ( Daniel Douglas @ November 14th 2014,06:39:09 )

You just contradicted yourself in that statement.

You just don't understand his point.
Marvin Mackenberg
(Group Pro - 23)

Germany 
Certified: 
Old post #1943 posted Nov 14th 2014, 11:35:08 Quote 
Quote ( Kevin Parkinson @ November 14th 2014,11:32:07 )

But why would you have expected him to react differently? How would you have expected him to react? Isn't Finn sarcastic and dry a lot of the time so why does this occasion stand out?

A hunch. I don't really know why. I would have expected something like a rhetorical question from Finn.

Also

##unvote Krasimir
##vote Vladimir

His disappearance worries me. After Finn's 'claim' I would be happy to vote Eduardo, but it doesn't look like he's a realistic lynch candidate today.
Kevin Parkinson
(Group Master - 5)

GPRO Crew
Scotland 
Certified: 
Old post #1944 posted Nov 14th 2014, 11:38:01 Quote 
Quote ( Marvin Mackenberg @ November 14th 2014,11:35:08 )

I would have expected something like a rhetorical question from Finn.

In response to your question? So you expected a different form of sarcasm, but the one he did give is scummy?
Finn Shaw-McIver
(Group Pro - 12)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #1945 posted Nov 14th 2014, 11:39:04 Quote 
Quote ( Eduardo Sanchez Carenzo @ November 14th 2014,06:20:09 )

If you are so sure, why did it take you two days to start attacking me, and looking to start a lynch and just 24 hours before deadline?

Could it be that you are trying to distract the attention from your scumbuddies Marvin or Vladimir?

I thought I'd give everyone something to consider if they started voting me.

And that is a rather childish theory

Quote ( Kevin Parkinson @ November 14th 2014,08:11:30 )

Finn, why did you target Eduardo last night?

Because he was lurking, doing nothing, and I felt there was a possibility he was sitting back to let other people do the work. I don't know if he's telling the truth when he turns up with excuses about activity, but it certainly doesn't explain why he's not engaged in anything.

Quote ( Kevin Parkinson @ November 14th 2014,08:11:30 )

Finn has clearly claimed to prevent Eduardo from doing his night action (no point being subtle about that as it is incredibly unlikely not to be clear to a group of mafia discussing it on a QT). Eduardo has basically confirmed he was blocked last night. Given the no kills and the fact I have stated that I wasn't protected, a successful block is quite inciminating.

There is, of course, the possibility that kill or kills failed for other reasons; other blocking or protection (if Finn's blocking is a jail keeper role then it could be Eduardo himself that was the target of kill(s) and saved by Finn), but there's a decent chance that Finn's claimed block stopped the kill, certainly a better chance than a random lynch, for example.

Also, it gives plenty info if Eduardo flips town (rules out that reason for failed kill attempts which strongly suggests to any protective roles that their targets on night 1 are more likely town than not), assuming Finn is telling the truth.

I'm very tempted to lynch Eduardo.

As far as I'm aware (I apologise if I missed it), Eduardo completely ignored my point about him bringing up the night kills. I would have thought it was something he'd want to take notice of. And he must be reading, he mentioned yesterday about me pointing out the timezones him and Chew are in, which is why they may not have voted. So he's obviously reading the topic but not replying. My post even had his name in

Finn Shaw-McIver
(Group Pro - 12)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #1946 posted Nov 14th 2014, 11:40:42 Quote 
Quote ( Marvin Mackenberg @ November 14th 2014,11:31:07 )

I explained to you straight after, gave you advice, that it was entirely to your own detriment to use my sarcastic posts as game relevant posts.

Quote ( Marvin Mackenberg @ November 14th 2014,11:35:08 )

I would be happy to vote Eduardo, but it doesn't look like he's a realistic lynch candidate today.

but he might be if you vote him
Finn Shaw-McIver
(Group Pro - 12)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #1947 posted Nov 14th 2014, 11:44:19 Quote 
for the record: I think not lynching Eduardo today is an incredibly stupid thing to do. I'll be dead tomorrow and you could potentially lynch another townie today.

The chance of Eduardo's being a killing role is a high one, no kills took place, there will be at least two killing roles in the game, and probably a similar number of night action preventing roles.
Kevin Parkinson
(Group Master - 5)

GPRO Crew
Scotland 
Certified: 
Old post #1948 posted Nov 14th 2014, 11:48:24 Quote 
Quote ( Finn Shaw-McIver @ November 14th 2014,11:44:19 )

I'll be dead tomorrow

What??
Finn Shaw-McIver
(Group Pro - 12)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #1949 posted Nov 14th 2014, 11:52:17 Quote 
well lets be honest scum are going to want to kill me
Kevin Parkinson
(Group Master - 5)

GPRO Crew
Scotland 
Certified: 
Old post #1950 posted Nov 14th 2014, 12:02:19 Quote 
Quote ( Finn Shaw-McIver @ November 14th 2014,11:52:17 )

well lets be honest scum are going to want to kill me

What a lot of shit.

You're under suspicion. You've claimed some kind of blocking role, which can not catch scum directly and is more likely to target a town PR than a scum PR. These big games tend to be power heavy, so likely few without a PR.

Do tell why you're suddenly scum target number 1?

Like you're "I wouldn't do that if I was scum" earlier, "I'll be dead tomorrow" is another over used phrase that comes off disingenuous.
Page « 1 2 3 ... 64 [6566 ... 196 197 198 » Quick go to page:
Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Forum games > [Mafia] - Game of GPRO [GAME OVER] Add this topic to your ignore list Add this topic to your watchlist

Reply to this topic