Page « 1 2 3 ... 7 [89 » Quick go to page:
Author Topic: Undo car upgrades 246 replies
Jimmy De Roy
(Group Amateur - 80)

Belgium 
Certified: 
Like this post (2)   Dislike this post (2)
Old post #211 posted Jun 7th 2016, 14:08:16 Quote 
Quote ( Kuba Szajbel @ June 7th 2016,13:51:39 )

If you can't afford it you need to take more care. I know because I don't support :) If some idiots make mistakes with parts after confirmation, well, I don't see a problem why admins shouldn't benefit from them

Ok i will give you an example.

Let's say the 2 of us are fighting for the Elite championship.
Last race of the season, you lead by 2 points we both make a mistake in the upgrade part, i can afford the undo, you can't and leave it like that. In the end i win the championship by 1 point. do you think i won the championship fair and square?

Quote ( Egon Blissi @ June 7th 2016,13:54:53 )

BTW Vlad, thanks for asking, it's always refreshing when the developer of the game asks the community.

I agree on that one
Kuba Szajbel
(Group Pro - 14)

Poland 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #212 posted Jun 7th 2016, 16:41:37 (last edited Jun 7th 2016, 16:43:55 by Kuba Szajbel) Quote 
Quote ( Jimmy De Roy @ June 7th 2016,14:08:16 )

Last race of the season, you lead by 2 points we both make a mistake in the upgrade part, i can afford the undo, you can't and leave it like that. In the end i win the championship by 1 point. do you think i won the championship fair and square?
My answer is "Yes". Although the championship should end up in hands of the third that does not commit silly errors

for the person that disliked my post, I don't know who you're, but I will find you, and I will kill you
Lee Ifans
(Group Pro - 22)

Venezuela 
Certified: 
Like this post (5)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #213 posted Jun 7th 2016, 17:03:38 (last edited Jun 7th 2016, 17:04:04 by Lee Ifans) Quote 
The fact that people are arguing against this highlights everything bad about this forum. So many people are contrarian for the sake of it. The game is inherently challenging with or without this feature.

If you can undo a mistake off the track right after you made it that is just an improvement to the user experience so it's a good idea. I'd rather beat other managers on the track rather than with accurate clicks of the mouse button.
David Rolleston1
(Group Amateur - 107)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #214 posted Jun 7th 2016, 17:16:56 Quote 

Funny post of the season :-)
Kuba Szajbel
(Group Pro - 14)

Poland 
Certified: 
Old post #215 posted Jun 7th 2016, 17:19:48 Quote 
Quote ( Lee Ifans @ June 7th 2016,17:03:38 )

The fact that people are arguing against this highlights everything bad about this forum.
lol, not that, the other stuff

it's debate whether it's OK to implement the feature in this shape or not, none gets too emotional about it
Eduardo Sanchez Carenzo
(Group Amateur - 106)

Mexico 
Certified: 
Like this post (1)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #216 posted Jun 7th 2016, 17:23:33 Quote 
I really don't think the majority is against this.

The majority is against it being a supporter only feature, or that you have to pay for it (yes it beats the possibility of generating income) since it would provide a game advantage to those who are not supporters or can't pay.

Also there is no discussion, i think, that this undo can only be done if no other action has been made (testing, training, qualifying, etc.)

I do believe that the discussion here should center on:

How many times per season (or seasons) are you allowed to do the undo.

IMHO being unlimited or various times per season will reward carelessness, while make it limited will allow you to recover from a career damaging error.

My other concern is that this should not open the door to correct other errors, such as fuel load, tyres, qualys, practice/test laps), specially if it is a paid feature.

Lee Ifans
(Group Pro - 22)

Venezuela 
Certified: 
Like this post (4)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #217 posted Jun 7th 2016, 17:51:45 (last edited Jun 7th 2016, 17:51:53 by Lee Ifans) Quote 
I don't see any reason for it to be a supporter feature. This will surely help user retention which is very important. You can't turn non-supporters into supporters if they leave in a huff never to return.
David Rolleston1
(Group Amateur - 107)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #218 posted Jun 7th 2016, 18:04:25 Quote 
Quote ( Eduardo Sanchez Carenzo @ June 7th 2016,17:23:33 )

The majority is against it being a supporter only feature, or that you have to pay for it (yes it beats the possibility of generating income) since it would provide a game advantage to those who are not supporters or can't pay.

It wouldn't be a performance advantage, it's not like you are getting a boost to driver training or extra fast tyres, those would be a genuine advantage which GPRO doesn't wish to go down.

It's basically giving those that support the game an extra benefit on those very rare occasions they are careless with one tiny aspect of the game.

I agree with Lee on this :-)
Martti Kaasik
(Group Amateur - 1)

Estonia 
Certified: 
Old post #219 posted Jun 7th 2016, 18:32:15 Quote 
Quote ( David Rolleston @ June 7th 2016,18:04:25 )

Quote ( Eduardo Sanchez Carenzo @ June 7th 2016,17:23:33 )

It wouldn't be a performance advantage, it's not like you are getting a boost to driver training or extra fast tyres, those would be a genuine advantage which GPRO doesn't wish to go down.

It's basically giving those that support the game an extra benefit on those very rare occasions they are careless with one tiny aspect of the game.

I agree with Lee on this :-)

It's not direct advantage but advantage non the less
Gino Zernani
(Group Master - 4)

Italy 
Certified: 
Like this post (2)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #220 posted Jun 7th 2016, 18:42:17 (last edited Jun 7th 2016, 18:42:58 by Gino Zernani) Quote 

It wouldn't be a performance advantage

Imo it is always. Its unlikely you undo an up/dwgrade for doing worse... and that is why it is!

It's basically giving those that support the game an extra benefit on those very rare occasions they are careless with one tiny aspect of the game.I agree with Lee on this :-)

I Always intended the supporter status as my support for the game and for their brilliant developers, not for correcting my mistakes. If the latter is so needed for what previously said, a 5 pos grid penalization, as said by Winkley, still remain my the best option as well.
And still will support the game for its developement

Michael Winkley
(Group Pro - 12)

Wales 
Certified: 
Old post #221 posted Jun 7th 2016, 18:58:57 Quote 
Quote ( Jon Day @ June 7th 2016,10:56:43 )

Quote ( Michael Winkley @ June 6th 2016,20:16:34 )

. molehill. molehillmolehill . molehillmolehillmolehill . molehillmolehillmolehillmolehill I see no mountain?

I wasn't making a mountain out of a molehill, but if I tried to then this text formatting wouldn't have allowed me to.
Robert Kearney
(Group Pro - 3)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #222 posted Jun 8th 2016, 23:24:35 Quote 

. molehill
. molehillmolehill
. molehillmolehillmolehill
. molehillmolehillmolehillmolehill

You dont have to read it you arrogant Di ck.

We have been asked to contribute our opinions.... if you cant contribute.... DONT
Alin Costrasuc
(Group Retired)

Romania 
Certified: 
Old post #223 posted Jun 8th 2016, 23:25:44 Quote 
Quote ( Vladimir Alexandrov @ June 4th 2016,12:04:05 )

what is the general opinion if this was implemented? Give me some thoughts and thumbs.

Retired managers have a say ? :)
Lee Ifans
(Group Pro - 22)

Venezuela 
Certified: 
Old post #224 posted Jun 9th 2016, 00:42:11 Quote 
Quite like the grid penalty idea tbh so there is some downside to the undo.
Mikie Shaw
(Group Amateur - 111)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #225 posted Jun 9th 2016, 01:15:42 Quote 
Does it matter if its a feature or not ?

If a manager is 100% sure before he/she clicks then it will cost them nothing either way. Let those that cant/dont make sure before they click have an option to undo it at a cost . The thing i wonder about adding this feature is may it mean it will then become more time consuming as managers suggest other game features that need adding and start complaining about them instead. Where will it end?

Its a managing game at the end of the day. Managers all over the world make mistakes,wouldnt it be an ideal world if they could go back to yesterday and change theyre mistake?

Even add more features like this but maybe some managers actually plan that some managers might make mistakes like this, or at least wouldnt be where they are now if that other manager didnt make that mistake.

It is at the end of the day an..."If youre not 100% sure then buy youre 100% sure". Isnt it?

I dont know,its borderline for me. I like it the way it is. Manage.

Jimmy De Roy
(Group Amateur - 80)

Belgium 
Certified: 
Old post #226 posted Jun 9th 2016, 10:25:42 Quote 
Quote ( Alin Costrasuc @ June 8th 2016,23:25:44 )

Retired managers have a say ? :)

NNNNOOOOOO :D

On serious note, why not? I think Vlad wants as much people as possible to give their opinion
Michael Winkley
(Group Pro - 12)

Wales 
Certified: 
Old post #227 posted Jun 9th 2016, 10:31:51 Quote 
Quote ( Robert Kearney @ June 8th 2016,23:24:35 )

. molehill
. molehillmolehill
. molehillmolehillmolehill
. molehillmolehillmolehillmolehill

You dont have to read it you arrogant Di ck.

We have been asked to contribute our opinions.... if you cant contribute.... DONT

I have contributed. Did you not read the thread?
Matt Kasar
(Group Pro - 23)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #228 posted Jun 9th 2016, 10:39:21 Quote 

Ok i will give you an example.

I suspect it will be such a small amount that anyone who can afford a computer and internet access to play this game will be able to afford to pay...... making this an almost completely invalid argument

Quote ( Lee Ifans @ June 7th 2016,17:03:38 )

The fact that people are arguing against this highlights everything bad about this forum. So many people are contrarian for the sake of it. The game is inherently challenging with or without this feature.

If you can undo a mistake off the track right after you made it that is just an improvement to the user experience so it's a good idea. I'd rather beat other managers on the track rather than with accurate clicks of the mouse button.

Wholeheartedly agree Lee. Many people here as you described

Bring it on Vlad, as I said before if it will save you hassle and stop people getting in a huff and leaving then it is worth doing for sure. I have seen reasons here why people wouldn't want it but what I haven't seen is a solid argument that it would detract from the game in any significant way
Michael Winkley
(Group Pro - 12)

Wales 
Certified: 
Old post #229 posted Jun 9th 2016, 10:41:32 Quote 
I saw a post in this thread. It said something like "why complicate things? Input an undo button free of charge, on condition that no other changes have been made".
All of the essays here are essentially drivel.

It seems that the guys in P12 just get straight to the point.
Vladimir Alexandrov
(Administrator)

GPRO Crew
Bulgaria 
Certified: 
Like this post (12)   Dislike this post (6)
Old post #230 posted Jun 10th 2016, 12:21:19 Quote 
Thanks everyone for the feedback.

From what I've read, most concerns are towards this being implemented as a supporter only feature so my response is mainly directed to address these concerns.

The game needs additional supporter features in order to stay sustainable and I consider this feature to be the kind of features that are handy to have, but don't give any direct advantage to supporters compared to regular players. This is not a pay-to-win feature.

Yes, you could give me an example that two players who fight for the championship could do the same mistake and the one who is able to use this feature wins, but this is such a situation that will never happen in reality. You could use the same logic to say that "Confirmation in case the wrong weather tyres are selected in Q1, Q2 or the race setup" is also a pay-to-win feature. Imagine the two championship contenders are both tired, select the wrong tyres and the one who is supporter gets warned about the choice, corrects the mistake and wins. Another example with the same logic, the feature "Possibility to search for drivers and sort them by their skills on the markets": our championship contenders have to make a last minute bid on the market and the one who is a supporter uses the feature to find the perfect driver and win the championship with him. You could brand pretty much all of the supporter features as pay-to-win using this kind of logic.

What is a pay-to-win feature then? Here are some examples:

- buy in-game money with supporter credits
- have faster conversion of testing points
- run additonal practice laps
- get additional stategy options for the race

See the difference? The above are examples of supporter features that will never find their way into the game.

But harmless mistake cover features for which there is no way that you could gain direct advantage by simply having access to and using the feature alone are something which I consider can fit into the game, without changing its basic foundations.
Rastislav Padysak
(Group Rookie - 37)

Slovakia 
Certified: 
Old post #231 posted Jun 10th 2016, 12:39:13 (last edited Jun 10th 2016, 12:40:20 by Rastislav Padysak) Quote 
Quote ( Vladimir Alexandrov @ June 10th 2016,12:21:19 ) From what I've read, most concerns are towards this being implemented as a supporter only feature so my response is mainly directed to address these concerns.

The game needs additional supporter features in order to stay sustainable and I consider this feature to be the kind of features that are handy to have, but don't give any direct advantage to supporters compared to regular players. This is not a pay-to-win feature. ...

I don't mind if it's gonna be a supporter only feature. (the reasons above)
I just mind if it's gonna be free for everyone.
Tomek Kiełpiński
(Group Amateur - 72)

Poland 
Certified: 
Old post #232 posted Jun 10th 2016, 12:42:23 Quote 
Quote ( Vladimir Alexandrov @ June 10th 2016,12:21:19 )

This is not a pay-to-win feature.

Obviously. It isn't. It's pay-to-not-loose.

But it's only MVHO. You're the boss.
Ahmet Sonverdi
(Group Amateur - 55)

Turkey 
Certified: 
Old post #233 posted Jun 10th 2016, 13:16:52 Quote 
Quote ( Ahmet Sonverdi @ June 4th 2016,14:28:18 )

This not a "have advantage" feature. This is just a covering feature to those who might make mistakes.
Quote ( Ahmet Sonverdi @ June 4th 2016,14:40:51 )

Its just a cover for mistakes.
Quote ( Ahmet Sonverdi @ June 4th 2016,14:28:18 )

its not making it "pay-to-win"

I consider this feature to be the kind of features that are handy to have, but don't give any direct advantage to supporters compared to regular players. This is not a pay-to-win feature.

harmless mistake cover features for which there is no way that you could gain direct advantage by simply having access to and using the feature alone are something which I consider can fit into the game

Thank you very much.
Michael Jones
(Group Amateur - 10)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #234 posted Jun 10th 2016, 13:53:07 Quote 
I can see Vlads reasoning .

He needs more supporters and therefore making this a supporter only feature hes hoping this will make more take out supporter credits.

I hope it works because the supporter % is low.
Marius Ruţa
(Group Amateur - 70)

Romania 
Certified: 
Old post #235 posted Jun 10th 2016, 14:12:21 (last edited Jun 10th 2016, 14:12:30 by Marius Ruţa) Quote 

The game needs additional supporter features in order to stay sustainable and I consider this feature to be the kind of features that are handy to have, but don't give any direct advantage to supporters compared to regular players.

It does give an advantage though, a substantial one. But that`s just me.
Egon Blissi
(Group Amateur - 93)

Italy 
Certified: 
Old post #236 posted Jun 10th 2016, 15:14:59 Quote 
Quote ( Tomek Kiełpiński @ June 10th 2016,12:42:23 )

Obviously. It isn't. It's pay-to-not-loose.

But it's only MVHO. You're the boss.

Agree.
Tajinder Singh
(Group Rookie - 261)

India 
Certified: 
Old post #237 posted Jun 10th 2016, 15:36:36 Quote 
if there is any chance this is going to be implemented then it should be pay for your mistake thing. it should be for supporters as well as non supporters. everyone will have to pay from their pile of real cash for the mistake that they want to revert. everyone should accept this model i think.
Dario Leonelli
(Group Rookie - 236)

Italy 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (1)
Old post #238 posted Jun 15th 2016, 18:42:54 Quote 
have you ever thought about making a break of 15 days in August ?
Jensen Owens
(Group Rookie - 214)

Wales 
Certified: 
Old post #239 posted Jun 15th 2016, 18:47:43 Quote 
Upgrade looks sick as duck love it :)
Andrei Ciuchi
(Group Retired)

GPRO Crew
Romania 
Certified: 
Old post #240 posted Jun 15th 2016, 18:48:05 Quote 
Quote ( Dario Leonelli @ June 15th 2016,18:42:54 )

have you ever thought about making a break of 15 days in August ?

What does this have to do with this topic?
Page « 1 2 3 ... 7 [89 » Quick go to page:

Reply to this topic