Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Suggestions forum > Choose the category to relegate Add this topic to your ignore list Add this topic to your watchlist
Page [12 » Quick go to page:
Author Topic: Choose the category to relegate 50 replies
Ioannis Kalogirou
(Group Amateur - 37)

Greece 
Certified: 
Like this post (15)   Dislike this post (8)
Old post #1 posted Sep 21st 2016, 20:27:34 (last edited Sep 22nd 2016, 16:40:06 by Mick Ridley) Quote 
- I think it are more correct for our game and for the managers to choose the category to which they want to be relegated.
- Why should someone be both struggled to get off from the elite in Amater or Pro.?
- Why must reset that succeed only by going to the rookie.?
- I am sure most abandoned because bored throughout this lengthy process.

Good Night all from Sithonia/Chalkidiki/Greece.!!!
Jukka Sireni2
(Group Master - 4)

GPRO Crew
Finland 
Certified: 
Like this post (4)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #2 posted Sep 21st 2016, 20:29:03 Quote 
If you started with level 1 car like in Rookie, why not.
Jack Wemyss
(Group Pro - 20)

England 
Certified: 
Like this post (12)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #3 posted Sep 21st 2016, 20:40:51 Quote 
It would cause utter chaos.

Regards from Burnage/Manchester/England
Ioannis Kalogirou
(Group Amateur - 37)

Greece 
Certified: 
Like this post (5)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #4 posted Sep 21st 2016, 20:44:35 Quote 
Quote ( Jukka Sireni @ September 21st 2016,20:29:03 )

Yes it's a theme that.!!!
- Lets difine a 3 level Car for AMA & a 5 level Car for Pro. ...more Faire.
Eduardo Sanchez Carenzo
(Group Pro - 24)

Mexico 
Certified: 
Like this post (3)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #5 posted Sep 21st 2016, 20:52:38 Quote 
Quote ( Ioannis Kalogirou @ September 21st 2016,20:44:35 )

Quote ( Jukka Sireni @ September 21st 2016,20:29:03 )

Yes it's a theme that.!!!8
- Lets difine a 3 level Car for AMA & a 5 level Car for Pro. ...more Faire.

And what about money, facilities, sponsors, driver, etc?

How do you propose for that to be handled?
Ioannis Kalogirou
(Group Amateur - 37)

Greece 
Certified: 
Like this post (4)   Dislike this post (1)
Old post #6 posted Sep 22nd 2016, 07:12:01 Quote 
Quote ( Eduardo Sanchez Carenzo @ September 21st 2016,20:52:38 )

And what about money, facilities, sponsors, driver, etc?

How do you propose for that to be handled?

...Money, Facilities, Drivers have enough Rules.
...About Sponsors let's define.

...But, dear Managers: If we say a New Idea we talk if it's Necessary or Not.!!!

Quote ( Jack Wemyss @ September 21st 2016,20:40:51 )

It would cause utter chaos.

- Jack to Keep the Managers on the Game, a little Chaos it is not problem.!!!
...How bigger Chaos imagine from ...ENERGY CHAOS.!!! ...everybody RUN, and it's Not so bad.!!! :)
Andrei Ciuchi
(Group Retired)

GPRO Crew
Romania 
Certified: 
Old post #7 posted Sep 22nd 2016, 07:33:30 (last edited Sep 22nd 2016, 07:34:38 by Andrei Ciuchi) Quote 
Quote ( Ioannis Kalogirou @ September 22nd 2016,07:12:01 )

...But, dear Managers: If we say a New Idea we talk if it's Necessary or Not.!!!

So then ... is it necessary to limit the car level? Let's discuss that.

Why would it be necessary, in your opinion?
Ioannis Kalogirou
(Group Amateur - 37)

Greece 
Certified: 
Old post #8 posted Sep 22nd 2016, 08:25:25 (last edited Sep 22nd 2016, 08:29:28 by Ioannis Kalogirou) Quote 
...the Problem is Simple Andrei,
if someone want to live the Master, or Elite, to try again.!!!
...it's so boring to beguine FROM ZERO.!!! ...why from ZERO and Rookies.???
and it's Very natural (and common) to retire.-

...all the Others are Up to YOU to find and Define,
and my English are so terrible to be a part of that.!!! :)

...but a simple and fair Idea its: The Car Have the Average (OA) of the Group to gone a be...

Gangadhar Abhyankar
(Group Amateur - 123)

India 
Certified: 
Old post #9 posted Sep 22nd 2016, 08:30:37 Quote 
Quote ( Ioannis Kalogirou @ September 22nd 2016,08:25:25 )

...the Problem is Simple Andrei,
if someone want to live the Master, or Elite, to try again.!!!
...it's so boring to beguine FROM ZERO.!!! ...why from ZERO and Rookies.???
and it's Very natural (and common) to retire.-

...all the Others are Up to YOU to find and Define,
and my English are so terrible to be a part of that.!!! :)

Starting from ashes to succeed again gives a feeling of success again
Ioannis Kalogirou
(Group Amateur - 37)

Greece 
Certified: 
Old post #10 posted Sep 22nd 2016, 08:42:28 Quote 
Quote ( Gangadhar Abhyankar @ September 22nd 2016,08:30:37 )

ok.!!!!
...we choose the Rookies Category them, who stop as.???

Robin Goodey
(Group Master - 4)

England 
Certified: 
Like this post (4)   Dislike this post (1)
Old post #11 posted Sep 22nd 2016, 09:05:06 Quote 
Quite frankly Ioannis - a brief thought popped into your head, you wrote it down and didn't think AT ALL about how it would affect most parts of the player's package. And you have no ideas how to sort that effectively or fairly (Since you simply have no answera to the questions posed by Eduardo or Andrei) - so it's a big no, I'm afraid.
Ioannis Kalogirou
(Group Amateur - 37)

Greece 
Certified: 
Like this post (8)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #12 posted Sep 22nd 2016, 09:23:50 (last edited Sep 22nd 2016, 09:36:34 by Ioannis Kalogirou) Quote 
- Dear Robin.!!!
- My Old Head it's like a Brick I am a fried and I have't the skills to understand.
...and I Answer to all questions earlier...
- I complete 2 years hear in a few days.
...when I come the Active members it was more than 25.000 (now a little up from 16.000)
...the supporters 3.000 (now 1.600)
...THE FUTURE COMES...

Good day from Sithonia/Chalkidiki/Greece.-
Roland Postle10
(Group Elite)

England 
Certified: 
Like this post (15)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #13 posted Sep 22nd 2016, 13:40:51 (last edited Sep 22nd 2016, 13:41:24 by Roland Postle) Quote 
I like the idea, and it's really not hard to impose limits when you're not wasting brain capacity being negative...

- We have per division Driver & TD limits already
- Hefty relegation taxes that are division dependent already (apply the one for the division you're going to, not coming from)
- Facility levels, done too (maybe trainable staff skills should be brought to the same level instead of being allowed to degrade naturally)

- Car parts aren't really a problem
- Test points could be taxed heavily above a certain appropriate limit for each division
- Sponsors are tricky but many 'genuine' relegaters have no sponsors anyway so they could just be automatically lost for any multi-division drop (would dissuade power-relegating to a much lower division). Some could be taken down stored on 100% but let's not forget you can do that already
Kevin Parkinson
(Group Retired)

GPRO Crew
Scotland 
Certified: 
Old post #14 posted Sep 22nd 2016, 13:50:23 Quote 
I like it.

Taking multiple seasons to relegate back to Amateur to rebuild, as many have, takes a long amount of real life time and is boring and if there is a way to avoid that, it can only be positive.

Yes, there would be quite a few things to consider before making it possible, or if it would be possible and fair at all, but I certainly like the concept.
Ioannis Kalogirou
(Group Amateur - 37)

Greece 
Certified: 
Old post #15 posted Sep 22nd 2016, 13:53:30 Quote 
- Thanks Roland for the explanations.!!!
...so Simple.!!!

:)
Christopher Jones
(Group Rookie - 52)

United States 
Certified: 
Like this post (1)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #16 posted Sep 22nd 2016, 13:56:13 Quote 
I wouldn't think it would be a problem as long the proper rookies are still able to be promoted to ama. But thinking about it shouldn't effect them, because someone would have to be promoted in each tier to cover his spot.
Chris Shaw
(Group Amateur - 62)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #17 posted Sep 22nd 2016, 13:58:08 Quote 
This tackles a common problem I find with GPRO, is that everything unfolds at the pace of tectonic drift. I have no experience of higher levels to talk of, but even in rookie I found it hard to continue playing with any motivation when your 2-season plan goes all wrong (4 months down the drain - then 4 months doing it all again...)

Obviously the time scale for an elite resetting to rookie is crazy, I can't imagine why anyone would be interested to rebuild - too much patience.

Quote ( Gangadhar Abhyankar @ September 22nd 2016,08:30:37 )

Totally not worth it. THe best manager shouldn't have to wait on a timescale of YEARS to prove he is the best manager. True that effort is needed, true that it makes the rewards more worthwhile, but for myself at least I am not here to win all the lower groups, Elite and Master are the motivators.
Christopher Jones
(Group Rookie - 52)

United States 
Certified: 
Like this post (2)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #18 posted Sep 22nd 2016, 14:03:34 Quote 
Yeah but he is stating. That they should choose where to drop to, that will be on them which means you may move faster to master's if they all drop to ama.
Ioannis Kalogirou
(Group Amateur - 37)

Greece 
Certified: 
Old post #19 posted Sep 22nd 2016, 14:07:57 (last edited Sep 22nd 2016, 14:11:08 by Ioannis Kalogirou) Quote 
Quote ( Christopher Jones @ September 22nd 2016,14:03:34 )

Yeah but he is stating. That they should choose where to drop to, that will be on them which means you may move faster to master's if they all drop to ama.

Hahhahaha.!!!!
- Yes it's Possible That, you see Far Christopher.!!!
- End Here we Have the second leg of the case.!!!
...to DECLARE if someone Don't want to Promote.!!!
This is the Solution for one big list with many other problems.!!!
...for example to destroy the mining & Idea from the Game to not Promote...
Marcelo Ascencio
(Group Master - 3)

Argentina 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #20 posted Sep 22nd 2016, 15:29:11 (last edited Sep 22nd 2016, 15:30:35 by Marcelo Ascencio) Quote 
Is that proposal so people can go up to masters looking for ccp, then relegate directly to amateur with staff non trainables very high and then promote again with deep deep pockets and a bunch of new sponsor negotiations? If that is covered so advantage is not abused.. then I might be up for it
Ioannis Kalogirou
(Group Amateur - 37)

Greece 
Certified: 
Old post #21 posted Sep 22nd 2016, 15:42:09 Quote 
- Marcelo this can't happens,
as Roland Postle explain upper better than me with his perfect English.
:)
Marcelo Ascencio
(Group Master - 3)

Argentina 
Certified: 
Old post #22 posted Sep 22nd 2016, 16:29:52 (last edited Sep 22nd 2016, 16:31:35 by Marcelo Ascencio) Quote 
Quote ( Roland Postle @ September 22nd 2016,13:40:51 )

Facility levels, done too (maybe trainable staff skills should be brought to the same level instead of being allowed to degrade naturally)

What about non-trainable skills? for those playing in high ranks, it would be heaven if they can demote to amateur and be back in 4 or 5 seasons to elite instead of 7-8.. with tons of cash. am I not seeing something?

like said before, if all is fair, I'm up for any change.. just taking care of the newer players
David Duarte
(Group Amateur - 118)

Portugal 
Certified: 
Old post #23 posted Sep 22nd 2016, 17:05:36 Quote 
the next issue would be the nº of mangers per division...

if they went from elite to amateur or master to amateur, there would be missing mangers on the master or pro dvision they should have gone too...

so unless they start some series with less mangers, we would have a problem...

the same with the possibility of a manger not promoting, even thou they finished in promotion spot...

Si i think its a godd idea, if done with limitations to car parts, facilities, staff etc, and series with a quantity of mangers less than max but distributed as evenly as possible betweem all the series in the division...

Best Regards
Kevin Parkinson
(Group Retired)

GPRO Crew
Scotland 
Certified: 
Old post #24 posted Sep 22nd 2016, 17:30:23 Quote 
Quote ( David Duarte @ September 22nd 2016,17:05:36 )

if they went from elite to amateur or master to amateur, there would be missing mangers on the master or pro dvision they should have gone too...

so unless they start some series with less mangers, we would have a problem...

That's what happens when people Rookie reset just now, and it's dealt with by additional promotions.

Problem being is if it would be much more popular (as relegating to Rookie isn't good for long term players due to untrainables but relegating to Amateur without the need for consecutive relegation seasons could well be more popular) then it could cause a large number of additional promotions.
Edwin Silva
(Group Master - 3)

Colombia 
Certified: 
Like this post (2)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #25 posted Sep 22nd 2016, 17:38:48 Quote 
I have always disliked the fact many people must demote all the way to amateur if they fail in the higher leagues, unless they are controled demotions and you are still in good conditions to put up a fight (such as some managers have done with demotions from Elite to Master and then try again).

I think it won't be a problem anymore, tho, because you should be strong enough to handle the inmediately lower league thanks to the reduced costs produced by the energy mechanics. However, I still think 2-3 demotions in a row can't be but negative for the game, in case somebody decides he needs to go to amateur.

There is the problem of filling the field in the higher leagues, as Kevin pointed out. However, I think it can be as easy as simply leaving some spots vacant for the next season (not to suddenly promote a lot of people who weren't eager to promote) and then produce additional promotions in the next season (but people in the lower league are already warned since R1 about the number of actual promotions, not to be kicked in the balls with an unexpected and unwanted promotion with 1-2 races warning).

I, for one, am positive it would have been extremely hard, probably impossible, for me to sandbag for 2 seasons in a row due to demotions. Hell, I already had quite boring times with 3-4 wrecked on purpose races in a row due to dropping motivation. This proposal would prevent that situation, and anything that makes the game more enticing/less boring is good in my book.
Radek Czech2
(Group Elite)

Poland 
Certified: 
Like this post (14)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #26 posted Oct 7th 2019, 18:24:23 Quote 
I've made some mistakes and/or my knowledge is not enough for elite, so I should be back in ama seasons ago. Why can't I just click and go back?

"But you can!" - you'll answer me. Of course. I can take pipis and relegate to master. It takes 2 months. I can take pipis in master and relegate to pro. Another 2 months. And I can take pipis in pro and relegate to ama. Additional 2 months. It would take me ONLY HALF YEAR to be back in ama. Sounds like a plan ;)

But here's the problem: I'm bored. I lost my motivation. I don't want to wait half year to race again. I don't want to race "properly" in master and pro and finish with negative balance. I just want to chill, to rebuild in ama and to have fun again.

How many people just quit the game in such situations? Or at least stopped buying the supporter for half year? I can't see any pluses of not being able to relegate by more than 1 league.

IMHO we should have the following features:
1. Elite -> relegate to pro.
2. Elite -> relegate to ama.
3. Master -> relegate to ama.

Include any drawbacks you like. Take away my money, driver, TD, facilities, sponsors or whatever you like (except staff skills ofc). But don't force me to waste my life on pipis or to resign, really :)
Jasper Coosemans1
(Group Master - 2)

Belgium 
Certified: 
Old post #27 posted Oct 7th 2019, 18:35:35 Quote 
Quote ( Radek Czech @ October 7th 2019,18:24:23 )

(except staff skills ofc)

Lol, taking staff skills upon relegation is exactly what I think the game needs.

Cap untrainables with the same mechanism as driver OA, i.e.: allow untrainables to grow up to 100 no matter what tier you're in, but when you relegate, there are caps. Relegate to Master, all untrainables drop to 80, relegate to Pro, they drop to 60, etc.

This would have some interesting effects:

1. New players don't have to face hundreds of managers with maxed untrainables.

2. Established players have it a bit easier to stay healthy in a high league, because those coming into the group either by promotion or relegation will have a small staff handicap.

Relegating to Amateur will become less attractive, and as a result, people in your situation will have a better chance of surviving at the top, because the constant supply of moneybags from Amateur will be reduced.

Let's face it: never-reducing staff untrainables are simply a broken game mechanic.
Sam Wainwright
(Group Master - 1)

England 
Certified: 
Like this post (4)   Dislike this post (2)
Old post #28 posted Oct 7th 2019, 18:49:50 Quote 
Would your idea not lead to even more of a "status quo" being formed in Elite Jasper?

I mean, it's a small advantage, yes, but I'm not sure it's something Elites need.

I don't want to come across as disrespectful to Radek, but the suggestion sounds like someone wanting a rule to be made so that he can play exactly how he wants and not have to face the downside of the way he wants to play.
Jasper Coosemans1
(Group Master - 2)

Belgium 
Certified: 
Old post #29 posted Oct 7th 2019, 20:04:13 Quote 
Quote ( Sam Wainwright @ October 7th 2019,18:49:50 )

Would your idea not lead to even more of a "status quo" being formed in Elite Jasper?

Even more? How much of a status quo do you reckon there currently is? As I see it, there currently is only one player in the whole game who is able to win championships, recharge batteries without relegating, and win championships again. So I don't think too much status quo is something the game should be worrying about at the moment...
Sam Wainwright
(Group Master - 1)

England 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #30 posted Oct 7th 2019, 20:19:28 Quote 
Yeah I quite like your idea actually, I think it's an improvement overall.
Page [12 » Quick go to page:
Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Suggestions forum > Choose the category to relegate Add this topic to your ignore list Add this topic to your watchlist

Reply to this topic