Page « 1 2 [34 5 » Quick go to page:
Author Topic: [F1] Italian Grand Prix 130 replies
Jasper Coosemans1
(Group Master - 2)

Belgium 
Certified: 
Like this post (2)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #61 posted Sep 9th 2019, 00:25:42 Quote 
Quote ( Ceapa Florin @ September 8th 2019,22:04:59 )

do u mean the lap at 2:50?:

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/article.race-highlights-2..

the rear camera on Leclerc´s car shows anything u need to see , to conclude that Ham lost his patience..he was neither in front nor on the inside to refuse to brake at the right time and still, make it a winner... it´s his mistake to think he would get anything for granted

Leclerc got warned for it, which is already enough proof that you are wrong. You cannot force another car off the track when they are side by side on the straight.

At the start of the season this would have been penalised, but FIA went in a different direction since Vettel made a scene in Canada. A wrong direction I think, but that's my opinion. Josh does make a good point about warnings in the post above.
Jay De Snoo
(Group Amateur - 2)

Netherlands 
Certified: 
Old post #62 posted Sep 9th 2019, 01:49:31 (last edited Sep 9th 2019, 01:53:16 by Jay De Snoo) Quote 
Quote ( Jasper Coosemans @ September 9th 2019,00:25:42 )

At the start of the season this would have been penalised, but FIA went in a different direction since Vettel made a scene in Canada. A wrong direction I think, but that's my opinion. Josh does make a good point about warnings in the post above.

Usually you've good observation and thoughts... Did you seriously want to continue from Canada onwards? I know Vettel made a mistake there, but what could he have done afterwards.... That penalty was just PLAIN WRONG and everyone knows. So it is a real bad reference.

On Monza, Sainz - Albon early on is the one I've biggest thoughts. Everything else is (or should be) clear racing. (excluding the ridiculous manouvres by both Vettel and Stroll, but those where penalised)

EDIT: observed spell errors for non-native
Ceapa Florin
(Group Amateur - 40)

Romania 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (1)
Old post #63 posted Sep 9th 2019, 02:35:48 (last edited Sep 9th 2019, 03:00:47 by Florin Ceapa) Quote 
Quote ( Jasper Coosemans @ September 9th 2019,00:25:42 )

Leclerc got warned for it, which is already enough proof that you are wrong. You cannot force another car off the track when they are side by side on the straight.

Pfff, I was expecting some arguments or facts from u , to explain Leclerc´s defensive abuse on Ham and his pure racing spirit....

The fact that he´s got a warning doesn´t prove anything , it practically won him the race ;)...it´s just like Canada , when the poor stewards expected Vettel to keep his car unde perfect control and regulations , while skying on grass...u should go and try it with no more than 50km/h and then we can discuss about what needs to be done on such surface, at Vettel´s speed in Canada...it was his mistake but the rules penalise actions under control ... no wonder , after that piece of garbage the stewards served us all in Canada , they forgot to apply rules and penalties on Max´s manouver over Leclerc , in Austria , all in one to support the racing idea people have been asking for , since Canada..

Stewards have made a lot of mess this year , regarding their job to adjust rules over the main spirit of this sport.. that´s racing and what people can see in that video is nothing more or less than that ... as a measure of caution , this warning is useful , but it doesn´t count for such proof ...Leclerc wasn´t suppose to give back any god damn millimeter during that fight against Ham ... maybe the stewards will start using this flag as an excuse too...it´s half an action they will take (though it practically means nothing) in compensation to the people who don´t accept that one or the other favorite driver may take one too many steps in the wrong direction , at the wrong time , during such tight fights...

everybody is happy , life goes on , stewards survive !!!...it´s a fair way to deal with it , as long as people like you and their champ , still need time to learn how to lose ;)
Luke Frost
(Group Rookie - 11)

Australia 
Certified: 
Like this post (4)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #64 posted Sep 9th 2019, 02:55:50 (last edited Sep 9th 2019, 02:59:08 by Luke Frost) Quote 
Charles Leclerc is going to have the season of Sebastian Vettel in 2009. On e he started winning he was untouchable... i think we got sonething special here and it will be interesting in the next 10 years to see the battle between him and Verstappen.

By the way DannyRic was amazing today. I hope to see him up front more. He was on track for 5th at Belgium had Renault given him a normal strategy. Hope to see him on the podium and Renault give him a better car so he can once again prove his worth as a top calibre driver....

By the way what the hell is wrong with Seb just driving into the traffic like that....after the death last race in F2 you'd think risking t-boning someone would be the last option but it was his first. He should be given a lot more punishment for that stupid move.
Jasper Coosemans1
(Group Master - 2)

Belgium 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #65 posted Sep 9th 2019, 02:58:37 Quote 
The Canada penalty was not given for what Vettel did on the grass, but for what he did AFTER he was on the grass (i.e. slamming his throttle before regaining full control of the car). It's been extensively discussed and shown that the stewards did nothing but apply the rules. Since then, the rules have been changed, and as I said, I think it is not a good change.

If you seriously think that it is OK to force someone off the track on a straight, then there really is no point to carry on with this discussion. It never has been OK, and it still isn't OK. Michael Masi has acknowledged this after the race. You can keep denying the existence of the sun, but I'm not going to entertain it any longer.
Jasper Coosemans1
(Group Master - 2)

Belgium 
Certified: 
Old post #66 posted Sep 9th 2019, 03:02:28 Quote 
Quote ( Luke Frost @ September 9th 2019,02:55:50 )

He was on track for 5th at Belgium had Renault given him a normal strategy.

You do realize he pitted in lap 1 due to damage sustained in the first corner? He was never even close to 5th.
Luke Frost
(Group Rookie - 11)

Australia 
Certified: 
Like this post (2)   Dislike this post (2)
Old post #67 posted Sep 9th 2019, 03:03:17 Quote 
Quote ( Jasper Coosemans @ September 9th 2019,02:58:37 )

If you seriously think that it is OK to force someone off the track on a straight, then there really is no point to carry on with this discussion. It never has been OK, and it still isn't OK. Michael Masi has acknowledged this after the race. You can keep denying the existence of the sun, but I'm not going to entertain it any longer.

Some people can see no wrong in their heros Jasper .... its clear as day Ferrari drivers were allowed to get away with 1/10th of the penalties other teams drivers would've got if they did the same thing.
Luke Frost
(Group Rookie - 11)

Australia 
Certified: 
Old post #68 posted Sep 9th 2019, 03:04:20 (last edited Sep 9th 2019, 03:05:32 by Luke Frost) Quote 
Quote ( Jasper Coosemans @ September 9th 2019,03:02:28 )

He was on track for 5th at Belgium had Renault given him a normal strategy.
You do realize he pitted in lap 1 due to damage sustained in the first corner? He was never even close to 5th.

He was gaining on Stroll (5th, who later retired) before everyone except him pitted and eventually overtake him..... if Renault pitted him again when everyone else did, he wouldve done well
Ceapa Florin
(Group Amateur - 40)

Romania 
Certified: 
Old post #69 posted Sep 9th 2019, 03:12:33 (last edited Sep 9th 2019, 03:30:56 by Florin Ceapa) Quote 

I see no such thing in that video , man !! Do u mark my words ??? At last ??? Please do that !!!

The Canada penalty was not given for what Vettel did on the grass, but for what he did AFTER he was on the grass (i.e. slamming his throttle before regaining full control of the car). It's been extensively discussed and shown that the stewards did nothing but apply the rules. Since then, the rules have been changed, and as I said, I think it is not a good change.

You can extend that with another decade but still fail to convince anyone of anything if u play around rigid rules....Rules are expected to change when new data and experiences show good reasons for that

I am not denying anything my friend... I brought u arguments , need a resume ??? You gave me contradictions ...like the one in which u state that u don´t understand the stewards and their decisions (see post nr38) but you are convinced that if they warned Leclerc that means he was wrong ( see post nr 61 ) ... pls do make an effort and keep it straight or u might need no one to take u off the "track" as you do a great job yourself....see ya
Josh Clark
(Group Amateur - 80)

England 
Certified: 
Like this post (1)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #70 posted Sep 9th 2019, 03:12:42 (last edited Sep 9th 2019, 03:16:52 by Josh Clark) Quote 
Quote ( Ceapa Florin @ September 9th 2019,02:35:48 )

people who don´t accept that one or the other favorite driver may take one too many steps in the wrong direction , at the wrong time , during such tight fights...

everybody is happy , life goes on , stewards survive !!!...it´s a fair way to deal with it , as long as people like you and their champ , still need time to learn how to lose ;)

I love how these arguments always devolve into how one person is so very, obviously, blatantly trying to argue in favour of "their champ".

When in reality this is a discussion you're having with two people who don't necessarily have a favourite driver. What makes you assume Jasper and I are Hamilton fans? When ever was that mentioned?

If I had to choose any one driver I'd choose Raikkonen, or back in the day my boy Kubica. I'm arguing the point of great racing because I want to see great racing. And the defence shown in almost every single maneuver nowadays is just shit to watch. It's not always about making excuses for any one driver.

By the way what the hell is wrong with Seb just driving into the traffic like that....after the death last race in F2 you'd think risking t-boning someone would be the last option but it was his first. He should be given a lot more punishment for that stupid move.

It was a stupid lapse of concentration I hope. Even if he can't see oncoming traffic, he can hear it. And even if neither, when ever is it safe to rejoin the track blindly through a narrow 150mph chicane... not the first time he's thrown away a potential great result at Monza. Two for two at the moment.
Jasper Coosemans1
(Group Master - 2)

Belgium 
Certified: 
Old post #71 posted Sep 9th 2019, 03:18:32 Quote 
Quote ( Ceapa Florin @ September 9th 2019,03:12:33 )

I see no such thing in that video , man !!

Look better.
Ceapa Florin
(Group Amateur - 40)

Romania 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (1)
Old post #72 posted Sep 9th 2019, 03:20:44 (last edited Sep 9th 2019, 03:50:39 by Florin Ceapa) Quote 
Quote ( Josh Clark @ September 9th 2019,03:12:42 )

When in reality this is a discussion you're having with two people who don't necessarily have a favourite driver. What makes you assume Jasper and I are Hamilton fans? When ever was that mentioned?

What makes u think you are included in my statements ? I never mentioned your name and I do appreciate the fact that you keep a general pro/con opinion....

Today it was great racing , though not everyone can win it ... so if your friend wants to convince me of great abuse from Leclerc towards Ham , he needs to bring arguments instead of contradictions...if Leclerc´s win was above rules , I am sure he will not be allowed to it (this is your friend´s main argument ... if they said he was wrong than he was wrong , but if they said he can win it , then he won it...that proves that stewards can never keep place for real arguments !!! do u see it ? ..that also proves that stewards will use this flag more often to keep a low voice from different people , while racing should be expected to "win" more often .. at least I hope so )

Ceapa Florin
(Group Amateur - 40)

Romania 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (2)
Old post #73 posted Sep 9th 2019, 03:23:28 (last edited Sep 9th 2019, 03:24:49 by Florin Ceapa) Quote 
Quote ( Jasper Coosemans @ September 9th 2019,03:18:32 )

Look better.

no need man , if there was something u would´ve showed me already...u missed your contradictions ! again !! follow your own advice and prove yourself worthy of my attention ... otherwise it´s just bla bla bla ... just like that other "kid" who saw Leclerc driving off the track at his own wish , back in Austria ...

Alessio Tummolillo
(Group Rookie - 31)

Switzerland 
Certified: 
Like this post (3)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #74 posted Sep 9th 2019, 04:05:24 (last edited Sep 9th 2019, 04:09:08 by Alessio Tummolillo) Quote 

If you seriously think that it is OK to force someone off the track on a straight, then there really is no point to carry on with this discussion.

It's obviously not okay to force someone off the track. Luckily, Charles didn't force anyone off the track and that's why it was only a warning.

What really cracked me up, though, is when the reporter tried to compare the "incident" between Leclerc and Hamilton to the incident between Verstappen and Bottas last year. He said they were "similar".

Except for the extremely important fact that between Bottas and Verstappen there was significant contact (and honestly, I don't even think THAT warranted a 5 second penalty)

I also don't think Charles's driving warranted a warning. If Lewis was so worried for his safety, he shouldn't have made the decision he did. In my opinion, Charles has every right to that line and to defend that position the way he did.

On top of that comment, though, when the reporter followed up the question about Charles's driving and the black and white flag to Lewis with "Do you agree with the use of the black and white flag?" Lewis responded with: "Well that's what Verstappen should have gotten last year, then, shouldn't he have?" (which to me was just a passive aggressive way of saying that Leclerc should have gotten the penalty this year). His main argument being that all the drivers have wanted was consistency and the stewards were not consistent today.

On the contrary, Lewis. Stewards are allowed to make mistakes, they are human. And probably they realized that last year's incident in giving Verstappen a 5 second penalty was a mistake, but there should be something done, so they landed on the black and white flag as the fix to their initial mistake.

Consistency is something we would all like, but not at the expense of integrity. If they've made a mistake and corrected it, I am okay with that.

They clearly made the decision in Austria that they were going to allow the drivers "to drive." Christian Horner said it was good for the sport, I believe everyone (except Ferrari at the time as they were just coming off of a sore penalty in Canada which was questionable) said it was good for the sport.

But Charles kept a clear head and said "if that's how how we are allowed to race, I will race that way" and he's been nothing less than spectacular and within the rules in every one of his races. I think he's driving on the limit, and that's something that we wouldn't even be discussing, not if it wasn't in Italy, but if it wasn't against Lewis Hamilton.

I said it on motorsport and I will say it again here

I respect Lewis as a driver, I think he is clearly one of the bests, but his passive aggressive comments are a bit much for me. He was beat today. Fair and square.
Ceapa Florin
(Group Amateur - 40)

Romania 
Certified: 
Old post #75 posted Sep 9th 2019, 04:19:45 Quote 

Quote ( Alessio Tummolillo @ September 9th 2019,04:05:24 )

I respect Lewis as a driver, I think he is clearly one of the bests, but his passive aggressive comments are a bit much for me. He was beat today. Fair and square.

That´s just the problem Alessio ... With the car he gets with each race , he has to put a spectacular result , as well as performance ... the pressure is very high , that´s why he goes very fast from fair play and modesty to aggressive comments such as today´s after race press conference

But Charles kept a clear head and said "if that's how how we are allowed to race, I will race that way" and he's been nothing less than spectacular and within the rules in every one of his races. I think he's driving on the limit, and that's something that we wouldn't even be discussing, not if it wasn't in Italy, but if it wasn't against Lewis Hamilton.

A good line to explain Josh why I suspect his friend is a Hamilton fan
Jasper Coosemans1
(Group Master - 2)

Belgium 
Certified: 
Like this post (1)   Dislike this post (1)
Old post #76 posted Sep 9th 2019, 04:39:29 Quote 
It is nice to have someone disagreeing without using ad hominem and constant trolling.

It's obviously not okay to force someone off the track. Luckily, Charles didn't force anyone off the track and that's why it was only a warning.

So why did Hamilton go on the grass, if not because Leclerc forced him to? They were side by side, Leclerc cut him off, Hamilton had to choose between going off the track or crashing.

I had forgotten about the Verstappen-Bottas incident but I just watched again and they are very similar indeed. Only that in that case, it was a really close call. Verstappen left him like 10cm less than a car's width, whereas Leclerc left Hamilton a whole metre less.

I agree about your remarks about Hamilton's constant bitching, but it's not really the point imo.
Ceapa Florin
(Group Amateur - 40)

Romania 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (3)
Old post #77 posted Sep 9th 2019, 04:46:49 (last edited Sep 9th 2019, 04:56:59 by Florin Ceapa) Quote 
Quote ( Jasper Coosemans @ September 9th 2019,04:39:29 )

So why did Hamilton go on the grass, if not because Leclerc forced him to? They were side by side, Leclerc cut him off, Hamilton had to choose between going off the track or crashing.

Look better :)

He missed the braking point while trying to intimidate Charles...he was not in front and he didn´t take the interior to be able to control anything...No one cut him off , I´ve told u already, many lines before u started labeling me , despite your lack of arguments

And I am not trolling dude...if you go back and call that trolling , you gotta´be sick for being right no matter what facts or other arguments prove.... stop flattering yourself , you pussycat....your performance on this subject is close to PATHETIC
Daniel Douglas
(Group Pro - 21)

United States 
Certified: 
Old post #78 posted Sep 9th 2019, 07:21:40 (last edited Sep 9th 2019, 07:23:15 by Daniel Douglas) Quote 

Charles Leclerc is going to have the season of Sebastian Vettel in 2009. On e he started winning he was untouchable... i think we got sonething special here and it will be interesting in the next 10 years to see the battle between him and Verstappen.

By the way DannyRic was amazing today. I hope to see him up front more. He was on track for 5th at Belgium had Renault given him a normal strategy. Hope to see him on the podium and Renault give him a better car so he can once again prove his worth as a top calibre driver....

Vettel just proving what kind of driver he is, thats all.

I would not expect to see an improvement, Vettel only does well when he is the clear #1 driver and he is not under pressure. It's been obvious for awhile now that any kind of pressure and he cracks .... with leclerc's performance, Vettel is not going to be treated as a clear #1 and will be under greater pressure.

Best for him to retire before he is humiliated (edit) even more
Alessandro Casagrande
(Group Amateur - 77)

Italy 
Certified: 
Old post #79 posted Sep 9th 2019, 08:54:05 Quote 
So if you are on the inside you can go straight on the opposite side of the corner (because you have too much speed to take the apex) and who is on the outside must stop to let you make the corner. And if you are half car behind, the opponent must still stop and letting you pass.

On the penalty for Vettel, totally deserved but I don't understand why the same penalty was not given to Stroll for doing exactly the same thing. Or even worse, as Stroll apparently could clearly see the other driver coming, as he was on a straight already.
Robert Lee
(Group Amateur - 32)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #80 posted Sep 9th 2019, 09:04:09 (last edited Sep 9th 2019, 09:04:27 by Robert Lee) Quote 
stroll didnt twat anyone, just caused evasive action...plus he was twatted by vettel.
MG van Rensburg
(Group Retired)

South Africa 
Certified: 
Old post #81 posted Sep 9th 2019, 09:08:56 (last edited Sep 9th 2019, 09:16:26 by MG van Rensburg) Quote 

Seems like he simply doesn't learn/think he's doing anything dangerous in these circumstances. Not exactly the first time this season he's been reckless like this. (Hopefully this also puts the debates of the earlier instance of this sort of behaviour of his this season to bed too)

Quite surprised to see Vettel become the road hazard like he has tbh.

Regarding Hamilton's comments about the racing. While as a fan, it's great seeing actual racing again, surely one can't argue about the lack of consistency on these types of calls by stewards throughout the season?

The murkiness in F1 in the application of the rules is reminding me of the nonsense in rugby. Regardless of what anybody's preferred application of the rules are, surely we can agree there is currently a problem with consistency which is not good for the sport.
Michael Jones
(Group Pro - 25)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #82 posted Sep 9th 2019, 09:35:48 Quote 
What a farce ..

It would seem the stewards were too scared to do anything about those red cars..

B & W Flag is 1st warning ,next offence should have been a penalty of some kind.

Its about time Vettel went and drove in some other series,

Maybe BTC, they like playing dodgem cars.
Ceapa Florin
(Group Amateur - 40)

Romania 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (2)
Old post #83 posted Sep 9th 2019, 12:17:05 (last edited Sep 9th 2019, 12:24:12 by Florin Ceapa) Quote 
Quote ( Alessandro Casagrande @ September 9th 2019,08:54:05 )

So if you are on the inside you can go straight on the opposite side of the corner (because you have too much speed to take the apex) and who is on the outside must stop to let you make the corner. And if you are half car behind, the opponent must still stop and letting you pass.

On the penalty for Vettel, totally deserved but I don't understand why the same penalty was not given to Stroll for doing exactly the same thing. Or even worse, as Stroll apparently could clearly see the other driver coming, as he was on a straight already.

Nothing to comment on Vettel’s penalty , totally deserved .. as well as Stroll’s

Ham was never in front of Charles , not even for an instance ( check that video and replays for as many times u need).. as well as Max wasn’t in front of Charles back in Austria when the stewards thought that the one who needs to learn from that situation was Charles ... And he did !! Great job on a different approach at Silverstone , nothing similar to Austria but really good Defence ... and now we’re here , in a similar situation from which Charles had to learn and apply the right approach , and the stewards had to let it be because that’s the racing they liked to watch back in Austria ... that warning means nothing , it will be only a way to buy themselves less criticism , as it’s half a measure towards someone who will most likely not need a second shot of the same approach during the same race ... in the end , Lewis himself said he also learned his lesson so I expect a different approach from his side too... as long as we keep a clean line of judgement , I personally take it as it is , for both Austria and Monza... but if many try to change that line to their own preferences ( “what a farce” , “should have been that and that ..” etc), based on nothing else but cheap oracle wisdom , then we end up wasting what’s best to look into this sport

Josh Clark
(Group Amateur - 80)

England 
Certified: 
Like this post (7)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #84 posted Sep 9th 2019, 14:22:33 (last edited Sep 9th 2019, 14:25:04 by Josh Clark) Quote 
Ignoring this guy's strong opinions, this video very clearly shows the events of the Leclerc/Hamilton fight.

48s - Hamilton with his whole car alongside Leclerc's.

1:00 - Hamilton with more than half of his car alongside by the braking point.

1:37 - Half a cars width between Leclerc and the white line, with Hamilton (this is actually slightly before the apex) having to either crash into Charles to gain the space he deserved like the Bottas/Verstappen incident, or as per reality, enter the braking zone with two wheels in the dirt. Which is also really quite dangerous. Lack of braking grip means he can't make the corner.

2:29 - Verstappen with slightly less than 1 car's width between him and the white line. Bottas claims the space he's entitled to and they make contact - the route Hamilton chose to avoid.

3:10 - Hamilton with his two left wheels between Charles' two right wheel, and his two right wheels in the dirt less than 50m to the corner. Any more left and there would be contact.

In conclusion, Hamilton clearly got alongside Leclerc, earning himself the rights to space. Leclerc comes across a bit too far, leaving only half a car's width between himself an the white line. Hamilton still has a significant amount of his car alongside Leclerc, meaning only lightning-fast reactions would allow him a 3rd means of escape in braking early to avoid being run off the track. He didn't do this, then that avenue was removed when his front left wheel was between Leclerc's two right wheels, meaning the only two options left were contact, or stepping over the white line.

The fact that a driver has to make any of those 3 decisions during an overtake within which he has earned his position in the maneuver, is bullshit. I don't care what penalty or warning Leclerc got. What I want to see is moves I can enjoy watching. If I was in Hamilton's seat there I would've been pissed off. Obviously Hamilton and the other drivers have been conditioned nowadays to put up with that, as that's just how it's done now. But ask any other racing driver/sim racer before say 2015, if running another car out of room is ok, and there would be no ifs or maybes.

It's dull. Brainless. Aggrevating to watch. The fact that each one of these types of moves sparks a debate is evidence in itself that people appreciate them far less than genuinely good overtakes and blocking moves. I don't remember the last time I saw a good fight. I suppose anything that involved Button, that man leaving the sport apparently gave way for the worst defence I've ever seen in this sport, and it's maddening.
Paul Bright
(Group Amateur - 84)

Scotland 
Certified: 
Old post #85 posted Sep 9th 2019, 14:59:21 Quote 
Hamilton was clearly between 3/4 and totally alongside Leclerc, so should probably have been given space. However, in line with the new rules, a warning was probably appropriate for Leclerc. What is odd is that when he later gained an advantage by leaving track limits there was no action. Did he gain an advantage? Well as he locked up and only left track limits to avoid skidding out and losing at least a place then of course he did. I was also under the impression that cars bugging out of that corner were required to go through the mock chicane on the escape road, although to be fair Leclerc may have bugged out too late for that. In any case infringement after a warning should have ben a penalty.
Luke Frost
(Group Rookie - 11)

Australia 
Certified: 
Old post #86 posted Sep 9th 2019, 15:11:40 Quote 

I would not expect to see an improvement, Vettel only does well when he is the clear #1 driver and he is not under pressure. It's been obvious for awhile now that any kind of pressure and he cracks .... with leclerc's performance, Vettel is not going to be treated as a clear #1 and will be under greater pressure.

Hes been threatening retirement since Ricciardo sent him running away from Red Bull with his balls tucked in his ass. Imagine if Vettel had to deal with Hamilton
MG van Rensburg
(Group Retired)

South Africa 
Certified: 
Old post #87 posted Sep 9th 2019, 15:44:58 (last edited Sep 9th 2019, 15:45:21 by MG van Rensburg) Quote 
Quote ( Luke Frost @ September 9th 2019,15:11:40 )

Hes been threatening retirement since Ricciardo sent him running away from Red Bull with his balls tucked in his ass. Imagine if Vettel had to deal with Hamilton

We'd just have an even longer list of F1 fans who hate Hamilton... lolz

António Pereira
(Group Amateur - 67)

Portugal 
Certified: 
Old post #88 posted Sep 9th 2019, 16:29:53 (last edited Sep 9th 2019, 16:36:53 by António Pereira) Quote 
Quote ( Josh Clark @ September 9th 2019,14:22:33 )

48s - Hamilton with his whole car alongside Leclerc's.1:00 - Hamilton with more than half of his car alongside by the braking point.1:37 - Half a cars width between Leclerc and the white line, with Hamilton (this is actually slightly before the apex) having to either crash into Charles to gain the space he deserved like the Bottas/Verstappen incident, or as per reality, enter the braking zone with two wheels in the dirt. Which is also really quite dangerous. Lack of braking grip means he can't make the corner.2:29 - Verstappen with slightly less than 1 car's width between him and the white line. Bottas claims the space he's entitled to and they make contact - the route Hamilton chose to avoid.3:10 - Hamilton with his two left wheels between Charles' two right wheel, and his two right wheels in the dirt less than 50m to the corner. Any more left and there would be contact.In conclusion, Hamilton clearly got alongside Leclerc, earning himself the rights to space. Leclerc comes across a bit too far, leaving only half a car's width between himself an the white line. Hamilton still has a significant amount of his car alongside Leclerc, meaning only lightning-fast reactions would allow him a 3rd means of escape in braking early to avoid being run off the track. He didn't do this, then that avenue was removed when his front left wheel was between Leclerc's two right wheels, meaning the only two options left were contact, or stepping over the white line.The fact that a driver has to make any of those 3 decisions during an overtake within which he has earned his position in the maneuver, is bullshit. I don't care what penalty or warning Leclerc got. What I want to see is moves I can enjoy watching. If I was in Hamilton's seat there I would've been pissed off. Obviously Hamilton and the other drivers have been conditioned nowadays to put up with that, as that's just how it's done now. But ask any other racing driver/sim racer before say 2015, if running another car out of room is ok, and there would be no ifs or maybes.It's dull. Brainless. Aggrevating to watch. The fact that each one of these types of moves sparks a debate is evidence in itself that people appreciate them far less than genuinely good overtakes and blocking moves. I don't remember the last time I saw a good fight. I suppose anything that involved Button, that man leaving the sport apparently gave way for the worst defence I've ever seen in this sport, and it's maddening.

It's a great post, and I agree with you.

Just one thing, this is not getting worse and worse, the F1 "maddening".

It was way worse and with even more dangerous moves back in 70's and 80's.

We've to find a balance between "too many safety rules" reagarding overtakings and defence, and "mad mooves" that can put the life of a driver at risk.
If we are very "safe" on this approach we will surely loose passion and emotion on F1, If we go to the opposite direction we will go mad.

(...)

I trully respect J.Button, but just imagine a pack full of J.Button's running arround. This would be a True Gentleman sports, which is NOT. Never been like that.
F1 has always been a pit of dogs, trying to be as fierce as they can to reach glory.
Niek Nijboer
(Group Amateur - 83)

Netherlands 
Certified: 
Like this post (1)   Dislike this post (2)
Old post #89 posted Sep 9th 2019, 18:24:47 Quote 
Quote ( Ceapa Florin @ September 9th 2019,12:17:05 )

as well as Max wasn’t in front of Charles back in Austria when the stewards thought that the one who needs to learn from that situation was Charles

Vestappen was not in front of Leclerc in Austria? You are a complete joke!

https://www.grandprix247.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/lecl...

How much more clear do you need to have it. Leclerc was defending far before the corner, reacted on Verstappen more to the outside and blocked the door from the outside. But then he left a too big gap on the inside, the faster line and basically the race line. Verstappen took the gap and closed the door completely. Leclerc should have braked earlier so he could crossed back from the inside and hit the gas earlier and would probably have a better exit so he could have past Verstappen again. He didn't and stayed on the outside, nothing to win there anymore, but he kept going whilethere was no space anymore. Verstappen left enough space for him on the inside no need for giving space on the outside. Leclerc kept going and that resulted in a contact.

Maybe good to take your Leclerc glasses off and just continue having a normal conversation here. Instead of naming people kid, pussy or what so ever.

If this moment with Hamilton was nothing, why would Leclerc received a black/white flag? A flag that stands for unsportsmanlike conduct. If Hamilton didn't took the grass it would have resulted in a crash, with both drivers probably out of the race. The Black/white flag is imo a good way to give a warning to a driver, but then they should be hard on the next offense. And after the black/white flag he continued driving unnecessarily dangerous.

Besides that, I think Leclerc drove a good race, it was exciting and I don't want to take any blame of his victory.
Wopke Hoekstra
(Group Retired)

Netherlands 
Certified: 
Old post #90 posted Sep 9th 2019, 19:02:10 Quote 
Quote ( Niek Nijboer @ September 9th 2019,18:24:47 )

Verstappen left enough space for him on the inside no need for giving space on the outside.

I'll only shortly react to this since it's a bit off the Monza topic, but I want to show my point of view on racing in general. I disagree that Verstappen gave room on the inside and thus had no need to give room on the outside. Leclerc was far enough alongside to be entitled the space, before the door was shut on him. Same here in Monza, Hamilton was far enough alongside to be given a car's width of space and if the black/white flag was available in Austria, I am fairly sure they would have applied it to Verstappen too (which means a warning would have been given). I don't really know why the drivers nowadays think they can "own" a corner by having the inside line or the racing line, or by the virtue of "being ahead". Those unwritten rules are absolute nonsense in my opinion.

Real racing to me is that you give respect to each other, leaving enough room if the other driver is alongside, no matter what position on the track you are in. On the other hand, the other driver should be sensible too and not force their way alongside. If a driver dives into the gap too late - their fault, but if they get closed off while they are already alongside, it's the closing driver's fault in my opinion. So in this instance with Leclerc and Hamilton, to remain on topic, Leclerc should have given Hamilton a bit more room. Similarly in the race, Sainz and Albon were alongside, and Albon wasn't given the space coming out of Lesmo 1. From my point of view, that should also not be allowed to happen. Does it make overtaking more difficult? Perhaps, but it also makes defending a little bit more complicated. There are still plenty of options to get past I think.

Finally, I do understand that these type of moves - like Verstappen in Austria, like Leclerc or Sainz in Monza - happen in a race sometimes, and that's why I think the black/white warning flag is a good re-addition to the sports. It's a good idea to issue a warning first, instead of throwing around with penalties every time and "killing" the sport.
Page « 1 2 [34 5 » Quick go to page:

Reply to this topic