Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Forum games > [Mafia] How I Met Your Mother (GAME OVER) Add this topic to your ignore list Add this topic to your watchlist
Page « 1 2 3 ... 6 [78 ... 182 183 184 » Quick go to page:
Author Topic: [Mafia] How I Met Your Mother (GAME OVER) 5502 replies
Andre de Carvalho
(Group Amateur - 75)

Brazil 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #181 posted Mar 11th 2020, 21:15:47 Quote 
Ahmet, I cannot absolutly understand you at all. Might be the way you see this game, which is completly different from how i see it. Now, i'm not gonna make a fuzz about it, but i'll try to write a bit more, bare with me.

Not voting is absolutly not the same as joke voting. So, you can only 'waste' a vote by voting. Of course, in different situations not voting is not a good sign at all, it might just mean avoiding engagement in the game. At this stage, even according to your own arguments, not voting hardly means anything at all.

I do not need to vote someone else imediatly after i unvote someone, regardless of where we are in the game.

I don't think it's logical even by a longshot to just leave a vote where it is (specially if it is a joke vote) simply because.

I consider a stretch and a logical twist to assume i need a reason to unvote a vote that had no reason to be to begin with. Action follows a reason, and lack of reason makes actions unjustified. How do you justify keeping a joke vote in place? 'Lack of anyone else to vote so why not' ? Doesn't sound good to me.

Unvoting a jokevote is not unexpected in my book. But maybe it is here in the club (club=GPRO mafia), honestly didn't think it was until now.

Expect a lot more unexpected behaviour. I play unorthodox to the club's usual play, apparently.
Riley Dunlop
(Group Master - 3)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #182 posted Mar 11th 2020, 21:23:26 Quote 
From my point of view I don't see a problem with people removing joke votes. Some do, some don't. I think it is NAI

I tend to forget about my joke vote until there is a votecount and then when I see it listed I remove it

This game is different of course 'cos Sudeep is a scummy bastard ;)

Mike Baston
(Group Pro - 14)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #183 posted Mar 11th 2020, 23:09:39 Quote 
Joke votes - no issue if they stay or are removed, each to their own. Didn't expect to see so much discussion about such a topic, became a hard read towards the end.

What I would say to you Andre is learn to accept how people play as long as they are within the rules & spirit of game. Others should also do the same iro you.

Quote ( Riley Dunlop @ March 11th 2020,21:23:26 )

This game is different of course 'cos Sudeep is a scummy bastard ;)

So that's Kirsty & Sudeep then, this could be a quick game :p
Andre de Carvalho
(Group Amateur - 75)

Brazil 
Certified: 
Old post #184 posted Mar 11th 2020, 23:14:04 Quote 
What gave you the inpression i wasn't accepting people's play?
Mike Baston
(Group Pro - 14)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #185 posted Mar 11th 2020, 23:35:27 Quote 
Were you not saying that joke votes remaining in place bothered you?
Andre de Carvalho
(Group Amateur - 75)

Brazil 
Certified: 
Old post #186 posted Mar 11th 2020, 23:40:56 Quote 
They surely do, which is why i don't do it. But did you see me accusing or even questioning anyone over that?
Jasper Coosemans1
(Group Elite)

Belgium 
Certified: 
Old post #187 posted Mar 11th 2020, 23:45:15 Quote 
Quote ( Sudeep Pednekar @ March 11th 2020,18:01:11 )

I don't think Martin's question is that odd.
I feel like he's just being a try hard townie throwing shit around to get reactions etc.

Why do you think Martin was being a try hard townie and not scum struggling for content?
Mike Baston
(Group Pro - 14)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #188 posted Mar 11th 2020, 23:54:29 Quote 
Quote ( Andre de Carvalho @ March 11th 2020,23:40:56 )

They surely do, which is why i don't do it. But did you see me accusing or even questioning anyone over that?

No, but then I was not doing that to you either merely offering some advice to all.

Even allowing for you playing your way you seem a little defensive considering no pressure was being applied.
Ahmet Sonverdi
(Group Elite)

Turkey 
Certified: 
Old post #189 posted Mar 11th 2020, 23:55:52 Quote 
I really don't want to make it last forever as it must be getting hard for others to catch up on those wall posts while the posts aren't really AI (feel free to disagree) - will try to keep it a bit more simple.

Quote ( Andre de Carvalho @ March 11th 2020,21:15:47 )

Not voting is absolutly not the same as joke voting. So, you can only 'waste' a vote by voting. Of course, in different situations not voting is not a good sign at all, it might just mean avoiding engagement in the game. At this stage, even according to your own arguments, not voting hardly means anything at all.

I disagree with the bolded part. This might be a bastard game but in normal games, voting is the only weapon the town players have. Not using it is just wasting it. It can still apply in this one too.

And to be clear, I wasn't asking why you're not voting for someone else. For me, it's just unvoting your joke vote (without a follow-up vote) is almost the same thing as keeping it there. So I was curious why did you bother. Turned out we see the game differently.

I do not need to vote someone else imediatly after i unvote someone, regardless of where we are in the game.

I never said you need to.

How do you justify keeping a joke vote in place? 'Lack of anyone else to vote so why not' ? Doesn't sound good to me.

It doesn't sound bad either, for early D1, which is what I've been telling all evening. If this was for late D1 or any other game day, then we'd on the same page. But then again, we're on different pages about the length of the game too.
Mike Baston
(Group Pro - 14)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #190 posted Mar 12th 2020, 00:07:07 Quote 
Quote ( Ahmet Sonverdi @ March 11th 2020,23:55:52 )

Turned out we see the game differently.

And that is the most relevant sentence in the whole discussion.
Ahmet Sonverdi
(Group Elite)

Turkey 
Certified: 
Old post #191 posted Mar 12th 2020, 00:09:48 Quote 
Well, what can I say ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Ivelin Dobrev
(Group Rookie - 165)

Topic mod
Canada 
Certified: 
Old post #192 posted Mar 12th 2020, 00:16:42 (last edited Mar 13th 2020, 06:52:47 by Ivelin Dobrev) Quote 
VOTE COUNT 1.1

Kirsty Ridley (4) - George, Mike, Tim, Sebastian
Andre de Carvalho (0) -
Riley Dunlop (2) - Lech, Ahmet
Tim Wagner (0) -
Lech Witarczyk (0) -
Martin Irla (0) -
Tom Byrne (0) -
Lyee Chong (2) - Martin, Kirsty
Sudeep Pednekar (1) - Riley
Mike Baston (0) -
Jasper Coosemans (0) -
George Slater (0) -
Sebastian Jóźwiak (2) - Sudeep, Jasper
Ahmet Sonverdi (0) -

Not voting: Andre, Tom, Lyee

With 14 players alive, it will require 8 votes to achieve a lynch decision. Day 1 Lynch deadline is Tuesday, March 17th, 20:00:00 CET
Jasper Coosemans1
(Group Elite)

Belgium 
Certified: 
Old post #193 posted Mar 12th 2020, 00:24:15 Quote 
Quote ( Ivelin Dobrev @ March 11th 2020,20:47:05 )

You can tag people if you really feel like it’s easier for you.

Just for everyone's information, I (and probably several others?) have notifications switched off. It may not even be possible to tag me, I don't know. This is why I included a rule to forbid tagging in the previous game.
Andre de Carvalho
(Group Amateur - 75)

Brazil 
Certified: 
Old post #194 posted Mar 12th 2020, 00:46:52 Quote 

Quote ( Mike Baston @ March 11th 2020,23:54:29 )

Quote ( Andre de Carvalho @ March 11th 2020,23:40:56 )

No, but then I was not doing that to you either merely offering some advice to all.

Even allowing for you playing your way you seem a little defensive considering no pressure was being applied.

You did say my name, didn't you? So it was directed at me the most. Wasn't feeling pressure at all, was more curious about what is it that you were talking about it.

Let see this again

Quote ( Mike Baston @ March 11th 2020,23:09:39 )

What I would say to you Andre is learn to accept how people play as long as they are within the rules & spirit of game. Others should also do the same iro you.

Besides the 'other should do the same' part, you were pretty much directing it to me. And since i was the one dragged into this absolutly pointless discussion (i actually agree with you on that), i found it a bit odd. Why saying it directly to me and indirectly to others? Why didn't you say 'André and Ahmet', for instance? Now, don't get me wrong, i love reading my name on the thread, but it kinda feel awkward... why advice all if it was me and Ahmet in the coonversation, and why only my name?

Andre de Carvalho
(Group Amateur - 75)

Brazil 
Certified: 
Old post #195 posted Mar 12th 2020, 00:47:39 Quote 
Hello Jasper! :) still here? Busy day?
Ahmet Sonverdi
(Group Elite)

Turkey 
Certified: 
Old post #196 posted Mar 12th 2020, 00:52:17 Quote 
On phone, cant quote properly.

Andre, you say it was a pointless discussion. I say getting to know a new player. I liked our little talk but now this. Your words hurt me.

Andre de Carvalho
(Group Amateur - 75)

Brazil 
Certified: 
Old post #197 posted Mar 12th 2020, 00:58:48 Quote 
:(

Being fair, i prefer talking than not talking. So you can keep asking me pointless questions :) seriously, way better than the lurkers and skimmers around, even if i still don't get your point.
Andre de Carvalho
(Group Amateur - 75)

Brazil 
Certified: 
Old post #198 posted Mar 12th 2020, 00:59:41 Quote 
I'm free from duties now, want to talk something else?
Jasper Coosemans1
(Group Elite)

Belgium 
Certified: 
Old post #199 posted Mar 12th 2020, 01:02:55 Quote 
Quote ( Andre de Carvalho @ March 12th 2020,00:47:39 )

Yes and yes. This part of the GPRO season tends to get busy especially when dealing with team recruitment. But that's sorted now at least.
Ahmet Sonverdi
(Group Elite)

Turkey 
Certified: 
Old post #200 posted Mar 12th 2020, 01:06:02 Quote 
You will fail elite too hard that you'll hit to rookie without resetting your account and your new recruit will be less talented than a monkey so better focus on here, Jaspa :p
Andre de Carvalho
(Group Amateur - 75)

Brazil 
Certified: 
Old post #201 posted Mar 12th 2020, 01:07:24 Quote 
Quote ( Jasper Coosemans @ March 12th 2020,01:02:55 )

Quote ( Andre de Carvalho @ March 12th 2020,00:47:39 )

Yes and yes. This part of the GPRO season tends to get busy especially when dealing with team recruitment. But that's sorted now at least.

So you're ready to start? Any feelings on anything? What do you think of the latest conversations?

Quote ( Ahmet Sonverdi @ March 12th 2020,01:06:02 )

You will fail elite too hard that you'll hit to rookie without resetting your account and your new recruit will be less talented than a monkey so better focus on here, Jaspa :p

Last time i used nicknames people were REALLY pissed of here...
Ahmet Sonverdi
(Group Elite)

Turkey 
Certified: 
Old post #202 posted Mar 12th 2020, 01:07:54 Quote 
Its 3am in here & I'm dying for some sleep. I'll leave you love birds alone for now.

Try not to bugger each other.
Andre de Carvalho
(Group Amateur - 75)

Brazil 
Certified: 
Old post #203 posted Mar 12th 2020, 01:09:16 Quote 
Sleeping is for the weak.
Ahmet Sonverdi
(Group Elite)

Turkey 
Certified: 
Old post #204 posted Mar 12th 2020, 01:09:42 Quote 
Sorry, Jaspa was wrong.

Should have said "Mr. i just hit puberty", instead. My bad.
Andre de Carvalho
(Group Amateur - 75)

Brazil 
Certified: 
Old post #205 posted Mar 12th 2020, 01:12:05 Quote 
I'll have a nickname companion! 8D

Jasper Coosemans1
(Group Elite)

Belgium 
Certified: 
Old post #206 posted Mar 12th 2020, 01:13:51 Quote 
Quote ( Andre de Carvalho @ March 12th 2020,01:07:24 )

So you're ready to start? Any feelings on anything? What do you think of the latest conversations?

I think the most remarkable thing that happened so far in this game was Martin not getting Lech's joke, making a remark about it and then kind of backtracking. Smelled a but suspicious to me, but I think everything has been said in that conversation so I have no follow-up questions for Martin. I do want to hear why Sudeep felt the opposite way, which is why I asked him.

As for your conversation with Ahmet, I agree with your view and I found it slightly pointless for Ahmet to keep disagreeing, but I guess many players over here do leave their joke votes in place so I don't find it scummy for him to question you about it.
Jasper Coosemans1
(Group Elite)

Belgium 
Certified: 
Old post #207 posted Mar 12th 2020, 01:14:57 Quote 
Quote ( Ahmet Sonverdi @ March 12th 2020,01:06:02 )

Good thing we have two recruits, they each can think you were talking about the other. :)
Andre de Carvalho
(Group Amateur - 75)

Brazil 
Certified: 
Old post #208 posted Mar 12th 2020, 01:18:16 Quote 
I didn't think it was scummy either. Just couldn't get it. Good we are on the same page.

Lech and Ahmet actually made an interesting question to Sudeep early on. Sudeep was asking people for their views on Martin even though he didn't said his own, i'm kinda waiting for that to unfold a bit, but that was sure weird, don't you think?
Tom Byrne
(Group Rookie - 101)

Australia 
Certified: 
Old post #209 posted Mar 12th 2020, 01:19:53 Quote 
Quote ( Sudeep Pednekar @ March 11th 2020,17:58:06 )

This is a good observation and it's definitely odd as to why he's unvoted.
He did this last game as well and was town. Its NAI to me.
Tom Byrne
(Group Rookie - 101)

Australia 
Certified: 
Old post #210 posted Mar 12th 2020, 01:20:15 Quote 
Quote ( Andre de Carvalho @ March 11th 2020,18:42:32 )

Let me recount a little story that happened no so long ago, in a not so distance galaxy: once upon a time there was a lady (let’s call her Lizzie, just for this story’s sake) who decided she was gonna keep her pointless jokephase on this dude (let’s call him Angel). Some other angry people started to pile up on Angel, and because of that joke vote, he ended up in l-1, nearly getting lynched by accident. Angel was fellow townie, so there was nothing to be gained there.
To be fair to Lizzie there, the problem was that another player, lets call him Tom, didn’t count the votes correctly. I still see your logic regardless but find it a nothing point.
Page « 1 2 3 ... 6 [78 ... 182 183 184 » Quick go to page:
Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Forum games > [Mafia] How I Met Your Mother (GAME OVER) Add this topic to your ignore list Add this topic to your watchlist

Reply to this topic