Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Forum games > [Mafia] How I Met Your Mother (GAME OVER) Add this topic to your ignore list Add this topic to your watchlist
Page « 1 2 3 ... 72 [7374 ... 182 183 184 » Quick go to page:
Author Topic: [Mafia] How I Met Your Mother (GAME OVER) 5502 replies
Jasper Coosemans1
(Group Elite)

Belgium 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #2161 posted Mar 24th 2020, 01:31:58 Quote 
Quote ( Mike Baston @ March 24th 2020,00:52:25 )

Jasper is your 99% confirmed town merely based on your night interaction/results? Just want to be clear that am understanding your reasoning.

I visited Lyee.
The Loudmouth was visited by me.
Lyee softclaimed Loudmouth.
He did not deny it when I made it explicit.

Loudmouth is a town role and even if it is scum this time, Lyee would want to keep his role quiet because he may catch more PRs in following nights. Now that he claimed, nobody will visit him in the night anymore. Scum-Lyee has no reason at all to out himself and me the way he did. Therefore he must be town.
Ivelin Dobrev
(Group Rookie - 165)

Topic mod
Canada 
Certified: 
Old post #2162 posted Mar 24th 2020, 06:06:49 Quote 
I would like players to respond to the PM I sent you. Thanks.
Ivelin Dobrev
(Group Rookie - 165)

Topic mod
Canada 
Certified: 
Old post #2163 posted Mar 24th 2020, 17:05:09 Quote 
So, I have decided that D2 will be prolonged by a week until Friday, April 3rd 20:00 CET.

Meanwhile, I will look for replacements and if I do find replacements, then the deadline may be pushed to an earlier date (with at least 48h notice).

Replacements were always expected in a bigger game like that one. Unfortunately, the current situation makes it easier for some to play and much harder for others. While suspending the game is the easiest solution (and many players were in agreement with it), I don't think it's the best solution.

Until Sunday, March 29th 23:59 CET, post requirements are lifted. I expect those who ARE able to play properly to keep posting regularly.

Carry on!
Ivelin Dobrev
(Group Rookie - 165)

Topic mod
Canada 
Certified: 
Old post #2164 posted Mar 24th 2020, 19:55:17 Quote 
You guys can play, you know..
Riley Dunlop
(Group Master - 3)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #2165 posted Mar 24th 2020, 20:12:51 Quote 
Ok, I am shortly going to post something that I prepared yesterday but I will only be around sporadically for the next 24 hours or so as I have just become a dad :D

So I may not be around to answer any questions immediately but please do still post them and I will get back to you ASAP

Mike Baston
(Group Pro - 14)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #2166 posted Mar 24th 2020, 20:19:25 Quote 
Congrats Riley.

Riley Dunlop
(Group Master - 3)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #2167 posted Mar 24th 2020, 20:25:14 Quote 
Thanks Mike
Riley Dunlop
(Group Master - 3)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #2168 posted Mar 24th 2020, 20:26:15 Quote 
Ok this is what I drafted yesterday and I will post it as is. I was waiting to hear back from a few people but I appreciate that some people have issues to deal with. Even with the extension I think it is good to get it out there now as some of you have got limited time to consider things in light of this info

OK, I have been pondering when to say this. I did not want to leave it until too close to the deadline but as with the Poison Doctor thing I didn't want to die without giving the info out

I didn't want to do it at the beginning of D2 (in fact I was not even sure if I would do it at all at that stage - I was not expecting to be alive so I had not really thought about it). I wanted to see if I could pick up on any reactions to Kirsty's death. I have not seen anything of significance but perhaps with this info other townies may be able to look back and see stuff.

Basically, I killed Kirsty (or I am pretty damn sure it was me!)

As I have said, I am not a normal doctor, I am a Protector-Of-All-Trades (nice name by the way Ivelin)

I have a number different 1-shot doctor roles including the Poison Doctor one I mentioned yesterday and I also had a CPR Doctor action which I used on Kirsty last night. I had not revealed it (or my other actions) because I was considering that I may use it on N1.

Why did I use it on Kirsty? It was a tough decision and a bit of a gamble but her voting patterns before the lynch had bothered me as discussed previously. Also, she indicting that she believed my claim and did not support my lynch but at the same time saying that my role was useless now and that info could be got from my flip (or something like that). It just didn't sit right with me and it pushed me a long way towards being convinced that she was scum.

So, I asked myself, what if I was wrong and she is town? Well I reasoned that there was a fair chance that she may be attacked. For one thing, I felt that she had been a bit lower profile this game so possibly had a PR if she wasn't scum and scum may have picked up on that too. A huge gamble I know but my feelings that she was scum were strong enough for me to take it. And as Ahmet said "Killing Kirsty on N1 is always tempting" (I did LOL at that as I had just done it!) and my recollection is that she has been killed attacked N1 in previous games.

I know this is going to increase the doubt of me of some such as Andre and Lyee but as I am unlikely to survive another night I thought it best to get the info out there in the open to be discussed over the next few days before the deadline.

Also, the game seems to have slowed and many people have gone quiet. Hopefully this will breathe some life back into it.

Sebastian Jóźwiak
(Group Master - 1)

Poland 
Certified: 
Old post #2169 posted Mar 24th 2020, 20:29:40 Quote 
Congrats Riley!

On the game note, I agree with Jasper, being a scum Loudmouth would definitely not want to reveal himself. So basically we can safely assume that Jasper, Lyee and Riley are all town, which means it's down to us 9.

*NOOB ALERT*

Is it possible that one of them (I mean Jasper, Lyee and Riley) may have a role that switches side after some time like 3 days? If so then I think we should keep that in mind in the future. If not, that makes our chances bigger of lynching the scums.
Sebastian Jóźwiak
(Group Master - 1)

Poland 
Certified: 
Old post #2170 posted Mar 24th 2020, 20:34:31 Quote 
So you assume you killed Kirsty... WELL DONE if that's really the case! :D
Sebastian Jóźwiak
(Group Master - 1)

Poland 
Certified: 
Old post #2171 posted Mar 24th 2020, 20:39:04 Quote 
Quote ( Riley Dunlop @ March 24th 2020,20:26:15 )

I know this is going to increase the doubt of me of some such as Andre and Lyee but as I am unlikely to survive another night

It does a bit made me worry, but to be honest if you survive N2 I'd be really suspicious of you :)

I also had a CPR Doctor action which I used on Kirsty last night

I don't get that bit (basically I think my English terminology is blocking me), isn't CPR supposed to revive and not let a person die?
Lech Witarczyk
(Group Rookie - 52)

Poland 
Certified: 
Old post #2172 posted Mar 24th 2020, 20:52:37 Quote 
The CPR doctor kills the one he protects if they are not targeted to be killed by someone else.

I'll have a hard time to be active during the next few days, I'll do my best.
Sebastian Jóźwiak
(Group Master - 1)

Poland 
Certified: 
Old post #2173 posted Mar 24th 2020, 21:09:07 Quote 
Quote ( Lech Witarczyk @ March 24th 2020,20:52:37 )

The CPR doctor kills the one he protects if they are not targeted to be killed by someone else.

Oh okay thanks. So that explains for me Kirsty's death. But not at all why only she died... There must be some other kind of protection role in the game or someone is bulletproof...
Riley Dunlop
(Group Master - 3)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #2174 posted Mar 24th 2020, 21:26:02 Quote 

Quote ( Tim Wagner @ March 23rd 2020,02:23:42 )

I disagree with Riley's thoughts, I consider Doc a powerful role that wouldn't exist twice in a game. Maybe in conjunction with either a Doc with a different alignment or a weaker healing role, like a Faith Healer. But I really don't think there are two Docs.

Tim, do you now see why I thought there may be another doctor role as my role is a fairly weak doctor role

George Slater4
(Group Elite)

Canada 
Certified: 
Old post #2175 posted Mar 24th 2020, 23:35:45 Quote 
And the game has been revived by Riley (I know, it's a really bad pun). I'd also like to join in congratulating him in becoming a dad!

Knowing how Kirsty got killed (assuming that everything happened as Riley says, which even he can't completely know) helps put together some pieces as to what happened last night. It would mean that scum got no kills. Given the prevalent theory right now suggests that there is more that one scum group/alignment (including TP) there could have been a couple attempts at NKs last night (also assuming that a factional kill hasn't been replaced with poison). Now maybe an SK could choose not to attempt a kill to avoid the possibility of getting caught, but it's still rather weird to me that nobody got killed last night.

I find it an interesting choice to make to reveal this from Riley's position but without going into much detail I can imagine why he did it.
Mike Baston
(Group Pro - 14)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #2176 posted Mar 24th 2020, 23:49:14 Quote 
Quote ( Kirsty Ridley @ March 13th 2020,10:50:43 )

Quote ( George Slater @ March 13th 2020,02:13:43 )

So if her early lynch (which is unlikely) helped to meet her win conditions then I don't see why she would be annoyed.

If me getting lynched today, helped us win... I would still throw a tantrum in the dead thread and to the mod. Yes, I would be annoyed... like really annoyed.... its bloody day 1! I dont wanna be lynched :P

Reading back through Kirsty's posts & this one stands out as strange. Did her sub-conscious win out here by using 'us'
George Slater4
(Group Elite)

Canada 
Certified: 
Old post #2177 posted Mar 24th 2020, 23:59:55 Quote 
Quote ( Sebastian Jóźwiak @ March 24th 2020,20:39:04 )

It does a bit made me worry, but to be honest if you survive N2 I'd be really suspicious of you :)

Why are you saying this, so you can build a case on him on D3 if he doesn't get killed? Seems a bit WIFOMey for me, especially when you're also speculating about protection.

##vote Sebastian

George Slater4
(Group Elite)

Canada 
Certified: 
Old post #2178 posted Mar 25th 2020, 00:05:50 Quote 
Mike, I've seen #2157 and will get back to you about it tonight. Have to be off for dinner soon but I'm not abandoning it.
Jasper Coosemans1
(Group Elite)

Belgium 
Certified: 
Old post #2179 posted Mar 25th 2020, 00:06:23 Quote 
Riley, why did you bring up the poison stuff at the end of Day 1?

It's really funny, just as I say a doc should counterclaim now, you come up with this whole story about how you're not a normal doc and how you targeted Kirsty in Night 1. André would have already launched 3 wallposts at you by now.
Mike Baston
(Group Pro - 14)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #2180 posted Mar 25th 2020, 00:31:06 Quote 
Quote ( Sebastian Jóźwiak @ March 24th 2020,21:09:07 )

Oh okay thanks. So that explains for me Kirsty's death. But not at all why only she died... There must be some other kind of protection role in the game or someone is bulletproof...

Perhaps yes, but also go & read up on how the poisoner role works & then think again.
Andre de Carvalho
(Group Amateur - 75)

Brazil 
Certified: 
Old post #2181 posted Mar 25th 2020, 01:11:09 Quote 
I have asked Ivelin to gmme a few days to see if i can solve some issues and be back. I have not read everything and will not now. On the phone and blurry vision. Aorry the typos.

Question for the QT 5: Can you talk during the night too? If you can, have you discussed who you think is scummier? If you have, did Riley ever mentioned Kirsty?

Btw Japser, do you have a theory on why did Riley come up with this besides beying afraid of a counterclaim? I have: because Kirsty flipped scum. Luckiest shot ever. Had he killed a townie and he would hide it to the grave.
Jasper Coosemans1
(Group Elite)

Belgium 
Certified: 
Old post #2182 posted Mar 25th 2020, 01:46:27 Quote 
I'm a little ashamed because I forgot to say... congrats Riley!! Babyyy! :)

You like doing casual stuff during mafia games, I remember a previous one where you said "oh I may not be very active on Saturday, I'm getting married" and now this. :D
Tim Wagner
(Group Amateur - 34)

Germany 
Certified: 
Old post #2183 posted Mar 25th 2020, 02:09:16 Quote 
Quote ( Tom Byrne @ March 23rd 2020,11:08:20 )

How is #1954 cheap excuses? If I go off in the dark, one of two things happen. I have a 2/12 chance (discounting Riley and myself of course) of stumbling onto a wagon that moves later, or I sit here today answering questions as to why my vote went to a silly location. Admittedly, Sudeep would have been my choice, but he had nothing in the form of a wagon when I went to bed that night.

Pah. You backed out of voting Riley because he had claimed and nobody counterclaimed. Nobody counterclaimed when you revoted Riley so it doesn't really make sense from your point of view to revote him.

What did you expect was going to happen if nobody counterclaimed Riley?
Tim Wagner
(Group Amateur - 34)

Germany 
Certified: 
Old post #2184 posted Mar 25th 2020, 02:15:33 Quote 
Congrats Riley :)

Talking about RL, sorry for missing the last two days but I've had to prepare and correct exercises for school plus aiding in the household. I shouldn't have problems with the requirements the next few days but do think a prolonged Day should be good.
Tim Wagner
(Group Amateur - 34)

Germany 
Certified: 
Old post #2185 posted Mar 25th 2020, 02:20:58 Quote 
Jasper #2141, I do think this makes Psychotrooper definitely the third word of the puzzle.

But I agree with the following post, it doesn't have to be in the game.

---

Quote ( Riley Dunlop @ March 24th 2020,21:26:02 )

Tim, do you now see why I thought there may be another doctor role as my role is a fairly weak doctor role

Weak Doctor role? I am not sure if it counts as weak having several doctor abilities.

What bugs me howeever is, that if you are the reason why Kirsty died, there were no Scum nightkills at all.

---

Quote ( George Slater @ March 24th 2020,23:59:55 )

Why are you saying this, so you can build a case on him on D3 if he doesn't get killed? Seems a bit WIFOMey for me, especially when you're also speculating about protection.

Is that the only reason why you would vote somebody? Anything else?
Lyee Chong
(Group Amateur - 61)

GPRO Crew
Malaysia 
Certified: 
Old post #2186 posted Mar 25th 2020, 02:26:05 Quote 
Late D1 chaos apart, #437 is the only doubt Riley had casted on Kirsty in D1.
Correct me if I am wrong please.
Lyee Chong
(Group Amateur - 61)

GPRO Crew
Malaysia 
Certified: 
Old post #2187 posted Mar 25th 2020, 02:43:25 Quote 

As I have said, I am not a normal doctor, I am a Protector-Of-All-Trades (nice name by the way Ivelin)

Nice? It sounds like the full name of Prostate to me :))

Btw, congrats. Flips baby girl mean you lose the game by being out-numbered, and vice versa :)
Lyee Chong
(Group Amateur - 61)

GPRO Crew
Malaysia 
Certified: 
Old post #2188 posted Mar 25th 2020, 02:44:43 Quote 
Catching up the thread now while babies are sleeping after milk
Sebastian Jóźwiak
(Group Master - 1)

Poland 
Certified: 
Old post #2189 posted Mar 25th 2020, 08:04:49 Quote 
Quote ( George Slater @ March 24th 2020,23:59:55 )

##vote Sebastian

Lech don't get mad but I have to ask this question :D

George, did you vote me JUST because of that sentence or anything else? I feel like there is no other lynch candidate than you so far (If I missed one then sorry) and you want to throw in someone else with no actual explanation why...

Quote ( Andre de Carvalho @ March 25th 2020,01:11:09 )

Question for the QT 5: Can you talk during the night too? If you can, have you discussed who you think is scummier? If you have, did Riley ever mentioned Kirsty?

Yes we can talk during the night. Don't really remember the details who did we discuss during the night (forgive me I don't have access to QT while I'm working to check it) so cannot answer your other 2 questions...
Lech Witarczyk
(Group Rookie - 52)

Poland 
Certified: 
Old post #2190 posted Mar 25th 2020, 09:54:01 Quote 

Quote ( Sebastian Jóźwiak @ March 25th 2020,08:04:49 )

Lech don't get mad but I have to ask this question :D

I rarely get mad :) Where did this question come from?
Page « 1 2 3 ... 72 [7374 ... 182 183 184 » Quick go to page:
Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Forum games > [Mafia] How I Met Your Mother (GAME OVER) Add this topic to your ignore list Add this topic to your watchlist

Reply to this topic