Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Forum games > [Mafia] How I Met Your Mother (GAME OVER) Add this topic to your ignore list Add this topic to your watchlist
Page « 1 2 3 ... 90 [9192 ... 182 183 184 » Quick go to page:
Author Topic: [Mafia] How I Met Your Mother (GAME OVER) 5502 replies
Andre de Carvalho
(Group Amateur - 75)

Brazil 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #2701 posted Mar 31st 2020, 12:38:13 Quote 
Quote ( Riley Dunlop @ March 31st 2020,12:32:32 )

I have found Mike and Seb saying it when checking the QT

So Sebastian's role does not fit his character but he wanted to know which character could fit psychotrooper? Makes less sense at every post.
Riley Dunlop
(Group Master - 3)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #2702 posted Mar 31st 2020, 12:39:31 Quote 
Quote ( Andre de Carvalho @ March 31st 2020,11:44:04 )

But why did you assume that characters would necessarely fit their role according to the series?

Bear in mind that there had been a discussion in the QT about whether we should reveal our characters. I was against it (because my character profession matches my role) and I explained at length (using fake examples) to Martin why I didn't think we should reveal our characters

Tom Byrne
(Group Rookie - 101)

Australia 
Certified: 
Old post #2703 posted Mar 31st 2020, 12:41:57 Quote 
Don't have time to post sadly. Will post tomorrow when I eventually start procrastinating from uni.
Andre de Carvalho
(Group Amateur - 75)

Brazil 
Certified: 
Old post #2704 posted Mar 31st 2020, 12:42:07 Quote 
Well i can tell you i am curious about Seb's character now. He claimed but never bothered to say that part.
Riley Dunlop
(Group Master - 3)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #2705 posted Mar 31st 2020, 12:42:35 Quote 
Quote ( Lech Witarczyk @ March 31st 2020,12:35:00 )

I was referring to what happened in this thread and I think you know that.

No I didn't know that. The conversation was about what was said in the QT
Jimmy De Roy
(Group Pro - 22)

Belgium 
Certified: 
Old post #2706 posted Mar 31st 2020, 13:02:29 Quote 
Quote ( Andre de Carvalho @ March 31st 2020,11:59:56 )

Quote ( Jimmy De Roy @ March 31st 2020,11:51:33 )

How would i know? Guess just like me he doesn't really know the series.

And you are not even curious?

didn't see the harm in it at the time.
Jimmy De Roy
(Group Pro - 22)

Belgium 
Certified: 
Old post #2707 posted Mar 31st 2020, 13:05:56 Quote 
Quote ( Riley Dunlop @ March 31st 2020,12:39:31 )

Quote ( Andre de Carvalho @ March 31st 2020,11:44:04 )

But why did you assume that characters would necessarely fit their role according to the series?

Bear in mind that there had been a discussion in the QT about whether we should reveal our characters. I was against it (because my character profession matches my role) and I explained at length (using fake examples) to Martin why I didn't think we should reveal our characters

Given Martin didn't mind giving character name's there, i have to say i would follow Riley on this one, we don't know if there is scum in the QT and there is no use in giving them more info then they have already
Lech Witarczyk
(Group Rookie - 52)

Poland 
Certified: 
Old post #2708 posted Mar 31st 2020, 13:07:37 Quote 
Quote ( Jimmy De Roy @ March 31st 2020,13:05:56 )

we don't know if there is scum in the QT

And what do you think about this?
Jimmy De Roy
(Group Pro - 22)

Belgium 
Certified: 
Old post #2709 posted Mar 31st 2020, 14:20:56 Quote 
Quote ( Lech Witarczyk @ March 31st 2020,13:07:37 )

And what do you think about this?

To be honest i would be surprised if there was no scum in it
Sebastian Jóźwiak
(Group Master - 1)

Poland 
Certified: 
Old post #2710 posted Mar 31st 2020, 15:34:47 Quote 
Quote ( Andre de Carvalho @ March 31st 2020,12:13:13 )

Are you serious, Sebastian? So you would start fishing for 'Marshall' or whoever for the cop? So the cop would investigate you, get the scum result and think you are town? Was that the strategy?

Come on Andre. What would be my point for the cop to check me? And don't know if you noticed at all, I didn't fish for any Marshall, it's just a note for myself...

Quote ( Andre de Carvalho @ March 31st 2020,12:13:13 )

I and don't take notes, i have a good memory. The only notes i take are quotes that could serve as cases when i have to read too much from different moments and recount a story.

You don't take notes but you do take notes? You've lost me there. Besides, if you really rely on your memory only then congrats if you remember every detail, I know I wouldn't be able to do that.
Sebastian Jóźwiak
(Group Master - 1)

Poland 
Certified: 
Old post #2711 posted Mar 31st 2020, 15:43:36 Quote 
Quote ( Andre de Carvalho @ March 31st 2020,12:42:07 )

Well i can tell you i am curious about Seb's character now. He claimed but never bothered to say that part.

What part? That there was discussion of us revealing our characters? That I said my character's role in here isn't the same as in the series? Or something else?

And don't give me your "READ THE THREAD" kind of answer I read it 20 times and still don't know which part you mean...

Quote ( Andre de Carvalho @ March 31st 2020,12:38:13 )

So Sebastian's role does not fit his character but he wanted to know which character could fit psychotrooper? Makes less sense at every post.

Why it makes less sense? From what I know if Riley is telling the truth then his character's role in here matches the one from the series. I know my character doesn't match the one in the series. So there is a chance that some our characters are the same as in the show or similar at least. So why wouldn't I wanna know about the possible character being psychotrooper? It's the same chance I might be right with this as you with your accusations about everyone...
Lech Witarczyk
(Group Rookie - 52)

Poland 
Certified: 
Old post #2712 posted Mar 31st 2020, 15:45:13 Quote 
"that part" is your character name (at least that's how I understand Andre)
Ahmet Sonverdi
(Group Elite)

Turkey 
Certified: 
Old post #2713 posted Mar 31st 2020, 15:56:08 Quote 
God you guys are loud today. Starting to catch up.

Welcome aboard Jimmy.
Lyee Chong
(Group Amateur - 61)

GPRO Crew
Malaysia 
Certified: 
Old post #2714 posted Mar 31st 2020, 16:54:38 Quote 
Not able to post today due to real life.
Jasper Coosemans1
(Group Elite)

Belgium 
Certified: 
Old post #2715 posted Mar 31st 2020, 18:36:20 Quote 
Quote ( Jimmy De Roy @ March 30th 2020,11:52:52 )

Jasper why did you tell the Loudmouth your allignment?

I could choose one option from a list of four. The options were to reveal my alignment, or my role, or my real name, or someone I voted for on Day 1. It seemed to me that the first option was clearly the most useful.
Ivelin Dobrev
(Group Rookie - 165)

Topic mod
Canada 
Certified: 
Old post #2716 posted Mar 31st 2020, 18:37:16 Quote 
VOTE COUNT 2.5

Andre de Carvalho (0) -
Riley Dunlop (1) - Lyee
Tim Wagner (0) -
Lech Witarczyk (0) -
Jimmy De Roy (0) -
Tom Byrne (0) -
Lyee Chong (0) -
Mike Baston (2) - Jasper, Ahmet
Jasper Coosemans (0) -
George Slater (3) - Tim, Tom, Sebastian
Sebastian Jóźwiak (2) - George, Andre
Ahmet Sonverdi (0) -

Not voting: Riley, Lech, Jimmy, Mike

With 12 players alive, it will require 7 votes to achieve a lynch decision. Day 2 Lynch deadline is Friday, April 3rd, 20:00:00 CET

No change in votes, but just posting it to have a more recent one.
Ahmet Sonverdi
(Group Elite)

Turkey 
Certified: 
Old post #2717 posted Mar 31st 2020, 18:44:57 Quote 
Jesus that Seb-Andre shit show takes forever to read.
Jasper Coosemans1
(Group Elite)

Belgium 
Certified: 
Old post #2718 posted Mar 31st 2020, 18:47:45 Quote 
Quote ( Lyee Chong @ March 30th 2020,12:04:23 )

I think I was gamed by Jasper.
At first I thought Jasper is town. But after going deep into it, I found that I was actually told by Jasper that he is town via a phone call.
It is meanless if someone tells you he is town in this game.

I didn't tell you anything, Ivelin did.

You seem to be arguing that Ivelin is a bastard mod so he could be lying. To that I say that you should consider that, under normal circumstances, you wouldn't even know it was me who was on the phone, right? I don't know how this 'phone call' looked from your end, but as far as I know, Ivelin didn't tell you it was me. The only reason why you know it was me is because of your Loudmouth ability.

Now imagine that I visited any other player. They would find this phone number, call it, and have no idea who's on the other side. On top of that, you are suggesting that the mod could be feeding false information as well. Really, what a shitty role would that be.
Lech Witarczyk
(Group Rookie - 52)

Poland 
Certified: 
Old post #2719 posted Mar 31st 2020, 19:59:54 Quote 

Quote ( Jasper Coosemans @ March 31st 2020,18:47:45 )

Now imagine that I visited any other player. They would find this phone number, call it, and have no idea who's on the other side. On top of that, you are suggesting that the mod could be feeding false information as well. Really, what a shitty role would that be.

Well, no. You could be able to say whatever you want and Ivelin only shares it. It could be a very wifomy scum role.
Ahmet Sonverdi
(Group Elite)

Turkey 
Certified: 
Old post #2720 posted Mar 31st 2020, 20:57:23 Quote 
Quote ( Andre de Carvalho @ March 28th 2020,03:23:33 )

I will try to read back the latests revelations tomorrow so i can understand the reasons behind. But i will say in advance that i think the speculations about other QT

Quote ( Andre de Carvalho @ March 28th 2020,03:25:41 )

Pressed the reply by accident... :P

Anyway, i think the speculations seems far fetch to say the least. Ahmet again and his unorthodox playing style. Thinks he should keep the secret in here, but may speculate as he will in that closed QT were the scum can look. Very smart.

Like there can't be another scum faction & another QT in the game?

I'll just ignore this kind of posts & crying from Andre. CBA at all.
Ahmet Sonverdi
(Group Elite)

Turkey 
Certified: 
Old post #2721 posted Mar 31st 2020, 20:57:31 Quote 
Quote ( Lyee Chong @ March 29th 2020,16:05:24 )

Happy birthday, Ahmet :))

Thanks pal :)
Ahmet Sonverdi
(Group Elite)

Turkey 
Certified: 
Old post #2722 posted Mar 31st 2020, 20:58:03 Quote 
Quote ( Mike Baston @ March 29th 2020,17:56:55 )

Ahmet makes the play early on in D1 as he did thinking that more often than not the first case made on D1 is not usually the one that end's up getting lynched. In that instance, Ahmet looks town like due to the risk of putting himself on firing line & Martin/Jimmy may remain under suspicion but would be able to get out of a flaky D1 case if brought up again.

However if it didn't go as above & Martin/Jimmy gets lynched, flips mafia & Ahmet gets plenty of town credits to keep him away from suspicion for at least a couple of game days unless he makes any slips.

To me, this isn't really a good play for mafia. Martin almost got lynched if Andre's coin flip went other way around. I'd have done something & switched to Sudeep, even before Andre's coin flip, if I was buddies with Martin. I could have sold it too IMO, it was near deadline anyway and we had to come to an agreement. Or maybe even change my vote a day before the deadline.

In a 14-players bastard game, help lynching my buddy & expect town credits from it - I don't see it happening really. Gaining town credits on D1 can get forgotten pretty quickly.

This feels like you're just trying to get someone else from the QT to be a lynch candidate along with you.
Ahmet Sonverdi
(Group Elite)

Turkey 
Certified: 
Old post #2723 posted Mar 31st 2020, 20:58:17 Quote 
Lyee seems to be posting out of his ass. This further proves to me that he must be town.
Ahmet Sonverdi
(Group Elite)

Turkey 
Certified: 
Old post #2724 posted Mar 31st 2020, 20:58:34 Quote 
Quote ( Tom Byrne @ March 30th 2020,09:04:27 )

If I move my vote and leave, there’s a 10/12 chance it goes to a place which is absurd, and then it looks like me trying to distance myself from everything. I would much rather my vote do something than sit wasted. With respect to the underlined part, If I vote someone at that point, and immediately leave, I give it an incredibly low chance that a wagon starts. It was the last post I was able to make. That’s not really enough to make a wagon.

It didn't need to start a wagon. It'd show your intentions which was enough. And maybe it could seem like you were distancing yourself from everything, I still think it'd have been more acceptable than leaving your vote on an uncontested doctor claim.
Ahmet Sonverdi
(Group Elite)

Turkey 
Certified: 
Old post #2725 posted Mar 31st 2020, 20:58:47 Quote 
Quote ( Riley Dunlop @ March 30th 2020,10:13:21 )

This line of thought does perhaps have some merit but what interests me is that it is Mike who brought it up. If there are scum in our QT, Mike is my number 1 suspect. With this post he is effectively shifting it to two others members as being the scum. In my opinion there are unlikely to be 3 scum in the group so Mike could be making a play to discount himself as scum here

Just thoughts...

I got the same feeling.

Ahmet Sonverdi
(Group Elite)

Turkey 
Certified: 
Old post #2726 posted Mar 31st 2020, 20:59:19 Quote 
I was thinking about the phone call between Lyee and Jasper. Jasper said he had 4 options to choose from & he said option 1 to Ivelin and Ivelin contacted Lyee and said Jasper is town.

What if what Ivelin said to Lyee (Jasper's alignment) is the opposite of the truth? Depending on his role, Jasper may know that choosing the option number 1 (revealing his alignment to Lyee) will give Lyee the wrong info? Sounds very much like a bastard game feature to me.
Ahmet Sonverdi
(Group Elite)

Turkey 
Certified: 
Old post #2727 posted Mar 31st 2020, 21:00:00 Quote 
Quote ( Jimmy De Roy @ March 30th 2020,10:40:40 )

I know but what would be the use of those cakes being all poisened you would be able to use it twice. On N0 everyone who ate it on N1 dies in N2 and on N1 everyone who ate it woul die in N2 after that people who received it on N2 wouldn't eat it anymore in N3 don't they.

The way I get it according to Ivelin's post at the start of D2, people (who got cupcakes on N0) ate their cupcakes at the start of D2. If they're poisoned, I'd say we'll see more flips along with the lynch today.

Ahmet Sonverdi
(Group Elite)

Turkey 
Certified: 
Old post #2728 posted Mar 31st 2020, 21:00:15 Quote 
Quote ( Riley Dunlop @ March 30th 2020,12:14:58 )

The conversation never really got going as to whether I should reveal my other 1 shot abilities

I currently believe you're town therefore if you think it's better to keep it to yourself for now, I'm fine with it.
Ahmet Sonverdi
(Group Elite)

Turkey 
Certified: 
Old post #2729 posted Mar 31st 2020, 21:00:38 Quote 
I tend to believe Seb's claim at this point. Haven't checked back the QT but I remember him saying that his character/role/alignment (too lazy to check back which one was it) doesn't reflect on who he is in the game and he was telling this because he was unsure about what would Ivelin reveal about him in case he gets killed on N1.
Ahmet Sonverdi
(Group Elite)

Turkey 
Certified: 
Old post #2730 posted Mar 31st 2020, 21:00:55 Quote 
Quote ( Jasper Coosemans @ March 31st 2020,18:36:20 )

I could choose one option from a list of four. The options were to reveal my alignment, or my role, or my real name, or someone I voted for on Day 1. It seemed to me that the first option was clearly the most useful.

The bolded option sounds weird.

Loudmouth voiced you visited him so Lyee knew you visited him at the start of D2. During the phone call, if you chosed option 4, that info would be already known by Lyee anyway. The first 3 options give more info but 4 seems to be a filler one which I find weird.
Page « 1 2 3 ... 90 [9192 ... 182 183 184 » Quick go to page:
Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Forum games > [Mafia] How I Met Your Mother (GAME OVER) Add this topic to your ignore list Add this topic to your watchlist

Reply to this topic