Page « 1 2 3 ... 5 [67 » Quick go to page:
Author Topic: It's coming home 195 replies
Peter Willmore
(Group Pro - 21)

England 
Certified: 
Like this post (1)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #151 posted Jul 12th 2021, 12:26:00 (last edited Jul 12th 2021, 12:27:01 by Peter Willmore) Quote 
Honestly they have been great with the fans, but lets face it we know why you have an issue with them and that's the kneeling.

You only have to look at the abuse Saka, Rashford and Sancho got to see why they are doing that.

The truth is though the real England fans rather than the plastic fans will have faith in them to go again and do well at the World cup as we played well, but the Italians were a game too far for us.

Although it has to be said that Italy were lucky to finish with all 11 on the pitch
Cameron Halsall
(Group Amateur - 25)

England 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (8)
Old post #152 posted Jul 12th 2021, 12:28:55 Quote 
Quote ( Tim Wagner @ July 12th 2021,01:50:51 )

Yeah, I've seen those too. Also people who blame the skin colour of Rashford, Sancho and Saka for the loss.
Read about an article where they beat up Danish supporters in a bus on their way home. Mocking a 10-year old German supporter who was crying and calling her inappropiate names. Sore losers and crappy winners.

Shows the state of the country tbh. But meh, that's drifting into politics.

Certainly wouldn't blame their skin colour but so much was made about this team being racially diverse and then to see them fall at the last hurdle after all the pontification was quite something.
Alexander Kleinbaum
(Group Rookie - 26)

North Macedonia 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #153 posted Jul 12th 2021, 12:30:20 Quote 
Quote ( Peter Willmore @ July 12th 2021,12:26:00 )

Honestly they have been great with the fans, but lets face it we know why you have an issue with them and that's the kneeling.

You only have to look at the abuse Saka, Rashford and Sancho got to see why they are doing that.

The truth is though the real England fans rather than the plastic fans will have faith in them to go again and do well at the World cup as we played well, but the Italians were a game too far for us.

Although it has to be said that Italy were lucky to finish with all 11 on the pitch
yeah. With Chiellini & Bonucci both being motherfuckin' pricks.
Cameron Halsall
(Group Amateur - 25)

England 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (5)
Old post #154 posted Jul 12th 2021, 12:31:14 Quote 

I certainly do have an issue with it. We do not need ambassadors for our country being activists for political causes. If it had been a more unifying gesture then there would be no objections but politics has no place in sport.
Alexander Kleinbaum
(Group Rookie - 26)

North Macedonia 
Certified: 
Old post #155 posted Jul 12th 2021, 12:32:22 Quote 
Quote ( Cameron Halsall @ July 12th 2021,12:31:14 )

I certainly do have an issue with it. We do not need ambassadors for our country being activists for political causes. If it had been a more unifying gesture then there would be no objections but politics has no place in sport.
so your saying politics would have to fuck off, in order for normal service? That would make no difference.
Davide Panella
(Group Pro - 25)

Italy 
Certified: 
Like this post (5)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #156 posted Jul 12th 2021, 12:33:31 Quote 

At least as lucky as England, who reached the final with a penalty without foul and with 2 balls on the pitch.
Malcolm Christiansen
(Group Amateur - 68)

Ireland 
Certified: 
Like this post (2)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #157 posted Jul 12th 2021, 12:35:40 Quote 
Quote ( Cameron Halsall @ July 12th 2021,12:16:06 )

Gotta be honest we had an easy half of the draw and certainly luck played into getting to the final, but the tactical decisions made were never going to work. Southgate is a great people manager but he rests on his laurels and can't get the job done against a good team. You don't sub on inexperienced players just so they can take penalties, and I think they will be in for a shock in Qatar.

The less said about the team's attitude towards the fans the better, but the veneer of unity the media has banged on about for the past couple months is gone, and the players will have to do a lot to win back people's faith. English football culture is uniquely special and a lot of bandwagoners have been shocked at how brutal English fans can be towards other teams. Sure a small minority are happy with wanton destruction and nobody condones that, but self deprecation and intimidation are part of the sport and people who get offended were never real fans to begin with.

Why do they need to win back fans? They just delivered the countries best result in 55 years and were pretty close to a trophy. That is far more than other teams have done in quite some time. As for the fans, I feel like it is less a part of the sport and more certain (minority I should say) segments of English fans. Generally speaking this team is far more liked internationally than any England team I can remember. As you say the English football fans can be pretty brutal to other teams so they still didn't pick up the neutral support.
Twig Fahaji
(Group Elite)

England 
Certified: 
Like this post (16)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #158 posted Jul 12th 2021, 13:03:38 Quote 
Quote ( Shaun Thornton @ July 12th 2021,09:55:39 )

I just don't get all the England hate, and tarring us all with the same brush as the minority idiots.

I’m surprised you have to ask that to be honest. In this thread alone you’ve mocked Estonia for needing ‘divine intervention’ to make a semi-final, referred to “English wannabees”, and asserted that these other countries “are out or never even qualified”.

I know that in your mind it was probably just friendly banter, but I’m sure it’s also quite typical of what people find annoying! Yes, if they dish it out, then they should be prepared to get it back, but let’s not forget this thread was started by an Englishman shouting “it’s coming home!”

As for other reasons why there might be such ‘hate’, it must come down to the copious levels of hubris on display, both in football and in general (I mean, if anything is a sign of a country so misguided and full of its own importance, then Brexit is it).

That hubris is then compounded by despicable acts from our so-called fans. Yes, it is a minority, but it’s not a TINY minority, there’s a lot of them. Of course, the fabric of our society is a bit more complicated, but I have no doubt that we jump to similar conclusions when you see snippets from other countries.

The one thing I would say about the England TEAM, is that they have made a real effort to get people to think more progressively and have made a point of calling out injustice/prejudice. That really gets up the noses of the same little Englanders that boo the anthems, get in fights and put flares up their bums and has also made it harder for our jingoistic government to piggy back on the team’s success.

If nothing else, the players and manager seem to represent more of what England should aspire to rather than what it is, and that’s one thing to be grateful for.

Finn Shaw-McIver
(Group Amateur - 72)

Scotland 
Certified: 
Old post #159 posted Jul 12th 2021, 13:15:45 (last edited Jul 12th 2021, 13:16:07 by Finn Shaw-McIver) Quote 
Quote ( Cameron Halsall @ July 12th 2021,13:03:38 )

Certainly wouldn't blame their skin colour but so much was made about this team being racially diverse and then to see them fall at the last hurdle after all the pontification was quite something.

You're a freak
Shaun Thornton
(Group Pro - 18)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #160 posted Jul 12th 2021, 13:33:08 Quote 
Quote ( Twig Fahaji @ July 12th 2021,13:03:38 )

Quote ( Shaun Thornton @ July 12th 2021,09:55:39 )

I just don't get all the England hate, and tarring us all with the same brush as the minority idiots.

I’m surprised you have to ask that to be honest. In this thread alone you’ve mocked Estonia for needing ‘divine intervention’ to make a semi-final, referred to “English wannabees”, and asserted that these other countries “are out or never even qualified”.

I know that in your mind it was probably just friendly banter, but I’m sure it’s also quite typical of what people find annoying! Yes, if they dish it out, then they should be prepared to get it back, but let’s not forget this thread was started by an Englishman shouting “it’s coming home!”

As for other reasons why there might be such ‘hate’, it must come down to the copious levels of hubris on display, both in football and in general (I mean, if anything is a sign of a country so misguided and full of its own importance, then Brexit is it).

That hubris is then compounded by despicable acts from our so-called fans. Yes, it is a minority, but it’s not a TINY minority, there’s a lot of them. Of course, the fabric of our society is a bit more complicated, but I have no doubt that we jump to similar conclusions when you see snippets from other countries.

The one thing I would say about the England TEAM, is that they have made a real effort to get people to think more progressively and have made a point of calling out injustice/prejudice. That really gets up the noses of the same little Englanders that boo the anthems, get in fights and put flares up their bums and has also made it harder for our jingoistic government to piggy back on the team’s success.

If nothing else, the players and manager seem to represent more of what England should aspire to rather than what it is, and that’s one thing to be grateful for.

fair point
but my early comments were a bit tongue in cheek, but I hold my hands up.
Ricardo Antunes
(Group Amateur - 28)

Portugal 
Certified: 
Old post #161 posted Jul 12th 2021, 13:36:49 Quote 
The good news is: you dont need to re-write your song for at least 4 years!
Shaun Thornton
(Group Pro - 18)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #162 posted Jul 12th 2021, 13:42:27 (last edited Jul 12th 2021, 13:46:21 by Shaun Thornton) Quote 
Quote ( Ricardo Antunes @ July 12th 2021,13:36:49 )

The good news is: you dont need to re-write your song for at least 4 years!

😂 TBH it’s going round and round in my head today, and it’s the last song I want to hear at the moment.

sometimes I wish I never started watching football, it kills you.

Ethan Littlejohns
(Group Pro - 13)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #163 posted Jul 12th 2021, 14:59:04 (last edited Jul 12th 2021, 15:00:06 by Ethan Littlejohns) Quote 
Quote ( André de Carvalho @ July 12th 2021,02:22:30 )

Quote ( Chris Adnams @ July 12th 2021,01:55:22 )

Yeah, you're right. This country is full of dickheads. It just pisses me off when people from elsewhere see that and assume we are all the same. We are not. I do not associate myself in any way whatsoever with these people or their actions.

Mate... No offense meant here, but you can't expect anyone to treat you by any other standards after all the propaganda AND the way it have been unfolding.

I am not too sorry.

Actually you can and should expect to be treated in the same way you present yourself. Chris has made valid points that you can agree or disagree with (it doesn't matter which) and has presented them in a fair way. Saying he or any English manager on this game should be treated the same as assholes who abused a young girl on twitter or shined a laser in a GKs eye is ridiculous and so backwards.

Especially as some on here have played for a decade or more and are big parts of the community, but sure, judge and treat them like some of the worst fans of this tournament. What's next, remove Ricardo's hall of fame award because someone in Portugal got arrested this year?

Well played Italy and enjoy your win, it was deserved. I'm glad England made the final at least and I'm not too unhappy with how we lost, at least we didn't get blown away. :D
Ricardo Antunes
(Group Amateur - 28)

Portugal 
Certified: 
Old post #164 posted Jul 12th 2021, 15:06:40 Quote 
Quote ( Ethan Littlejohns @ July 12th 2021,14:59:04 )

What's next, remove Ricardo's hall of fame award because someone in Portugal got arrested this year?

panics
Tibor Szuromi
(Group Pro - 23)

Hungary 
Certified: 
Like this post (2)   Dislike this post (1)
Old post #165 posted Jul 12th 2021, 15:14:00 Quote 
In 134 minutes, England were able a total of 1* shot in gate. Does anyone seriously think this team should have won the European Championships?
Kristijan Mihovic
(Group Master - 1)

Croatia 
Certified: 
Like this post (2)   Dislike this post (5)
Old post #166 posted Jul 12th 2021, 15:33:51 Quote 
People of england has nothing to do with this, but FIFA and england footbal team hit the bottom after this championship.

Bribed judge and/or VAR room, every game played at home and after all, removing medals like thay diserve more??? ...they are a shame for sport and thair nation...bottom of the bottom...
Kristaps Zariņš
(Group Amateur - 61)

Netherlands 
Certified: 
Old post #167 posted Jul 12th 2021, 16:08:43 Quote 
Quote ( Scott Wood @ July 7th 2021,20:42:44 )

It will be Sunday, 😙

unfortunately it went ROME , not HOME . What can I say —-> br-EXIT happens 😂🤣
Juan Pereyra
(Group Amateur - 54)

Argentina 
Certified: 
Old post #168 posted Jul 12th 2021, 16:34:12 (last edited Jul 12th 2021, 16:42:31 by Juan Pereyra) Quote 
No yet!!
Perfect weekend!! Won Argentina and Italy, love it!!
Mikko Heikkinen
(Group Pro - 5)

Finland 
Certified: 
Like this post (3)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #169 posted Jul 12th 2021, 16:38:05 (last edited Jul 12th 2021, 16:40:13 by Mikko Heikkinen) Quote 

The one thing I would say about the England TEAM, is that they have made a real effort...

SO true. Hats off to the team.

Furthermore, there's no "shame" in the result, it's still and a very good overall result in the tournament. And the final was a very close one. Really good effort.

by despicable acts from our so-called fans.

They are not fans. All they have in mind is mayhem, football is just an excuse they use.

Yes, it is a minority, but it’s not a TINY minority, there’s a lot of them

Which is the reason why hosting the FA 2030 WC there is now under question.

Mark Witney
(Group Pro - 25)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #170 posted Jul 12th 2021, 17:04:52 (last edited Jul 12th 2021, 17:10:02 by Mark Witney) Quote 
Quote ( Mikko Heikkinen @ July 12th 2021,16:38:05 )

Many countries have problems with mindless thugs, at least half of Europe would not be allowed the tournament on that basis.

Russia got it despite their homophobic laws, next year will be in Dubai, despite their appalling human rights record, money talks. Only a matter of time before China get it too, think there are bigger issues than a few hundred thugs causing trouble.
Kristaps Zariņš
(Group Amateur - 61)

Netherlands 
Certified: 
Old post #171 posted Jul 12th 2021, 17:36:40 Quote 
Quote ( Mark Witney @ July 12th 2021,17:04:52 )

Quote ( Mikko Heikkinen @ July 12th 2021,16:38:05 )

Many countries have problems with mindless thugs, at least half of Europe would not be allowed the tournament on that basis.

Russia got it despite their homophobic laws, next year will be in Dubai, despite their appalling human rights record, money talks. Only a matter of time before China get it too, think there are bigger issues than a few hundred thugs causing trouble.

Dubai is not is Qatar 🇶🇦
Mark Witney
(Group Pro - 25)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #172 posted Jul 12th 2021, 18:06:53 Quote 
Quote ( Kristaps Zariņš @ July 12th 2021,17:36:40 )

Dubai is not is Qatar 🇶🇦

Yeah wrong one, but same comment applies!!!
Phil Maunder
(Group Retired)

England 
Certified: 
Like this post (7)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #173 posted Jul 12th 2021, 18:12:33 Quote 
My biggest issue with world cup hosting these days is the apparent need to build completely new stadiums from scratch and not giving a toss how many workers die in the process. Numbers of migrant worker deaths since the Qatar world cup was announced in 2011 are in the thousands. Some reports are as high as 10,000 up to end of 2020. The Guardian estimates 6,500. I guess you could argue 10 years is a long time and we've also had covid but even so I think it's a shocking amount.

Especially if you read some of the actual accounts of worker conditions. In brasil 2014 I think all or most of the worker deaths were falling from height (obviously bad) but in Qatar there's people just starving to death and dying of heat stroke and all that stuff.

Anyhoo, guess we'll all be there next year kicking a ball around, malding over penalty decisions and deciding which of the two finalists come out as literally the worst country on the planet for taking their 2nd place medals off after the final

when a fraction of that many people die elsewhere in the world we usually build a memorial or some kind of monument but I guess a rousing chorus of Sweet Caroline will just have to do next year
Kristijan Mihovic
(Group Master - 1)

Croatia 
Certified: 
Old post #174 posted Jul 12th 2021, 18:20:47 Quote 
1. Rule sais if one player have covid19, then that team can not play.
2. One team played against croatia with covid positive player
3. One of croatia best player catch covid and he could not play

If game did not played, croatia would probably go forward.

This is just 1 example and there is many examples like that.

Second is VAR...this is 100% clear thing and with VAR this is milion % clear thing, so where is answer? It is very obvious isnt it?

Than so many games (all) at home...
Did you see that final was played like england is guest?
How can they be guest and still played at home feald?

Too many big "mistakes" if you ask me...
Kristijan Mihovic
(Group Master - 1)

Croatia 
Certified: 
Old post #175 posted Jul 12th 2021, 18:23:50 Quote 
I agree Phil...you are right...
Ricardo Antunes
(Group Amateur - 28)

Portugal 
Certified: 
Old post #176 posted Jul 12th 2021, 18:25:06 (last edited Jul 12th 2021, 18:26:29 by Ricardo Antunes) Quote 
Quote ( Kristijan Mihovic @ July 12th 2021,18:20:47 )

From UEFA official guidelines

Should a group of players of a team be placed into mandatory quarantine or self-isolation
following a decision of a competent national/local authority, the match will go ahead as scheduled
as long as the team has at least 13 players available (including at least one goalkeeper),
irrespective of any other provision of the relevant competition regulations (including the deadline
for the submission of the list of players), provided that all players are eligible to represent the
national team in accordance with Art. 46 of the competition regulations and have been tested
negative as required by the UEFA Protocol. Any additional player called up to meet the minimum
of 13 players requires that an equivalent number of quarantined players are definitively withdrawn
from the 26 players list.

Source: https://editorial.uefa.com/resources/0269-123fd5e6fe19-eb880...
Twig Fahaji
(Group Elite)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #177 posted Jul 12th 2021, 18:27:50 Quote 

Quote ( Kristijan Mihovic @ July 12th 2021,18:20:47 )

2. One team played against croatia with covid positive player
3. One of croatia best player catch covid and he could not play

If game did not played, croatia would probably go forward.

This is just 1 example and there is many examples like that.

Second is VAR...this is 100% clear thing and with VAR this is milion % clear thing, so where is answer? It is very obvious isnt it?

Than so many games (all) at home...
Did you see that final was played like england is guest?
How can they be guest and still played at home feald?

Too many big "mistakes" if you ask me...

Most of this is absolute drivel I'm afraid.
Mauro Pisani
(Group Pro - 2)

Italy 
Certified: 
Old post #178 posted Jul 12th 2021, 18:34:10 Quote 
was italy aggressive yesterday? it could be, but i wouldn't say that the english were angels.
having said that, the thing that shocked me the most was hearing whistles during the italian anthem, or the insults at every touch of the ball, especially to Bonucci after the goal. You have charged them, especially Gigio, I am sorry many in the stadium were unsportsmanlike and have suffered a blow. england has decided not to attack practically more after the second minute of play, and in the second half has been overpowered.

"it's coming to Rome!"

and don't take it I take back what Leo said, just before the award ceremony "Dovete mangiarne ancora tanta di Pastasciutta" ;)

Samoeni Albanalopolis
(Group Master - 2)

Albania 
Certified: 
Old post #179 posted Jul 12th 2021, 18:59:09 Quote 
As a Juventus fan and someone who grew up in Italy as a kid, I am nothing but satisfied from the performance of the Azzuris and all the Juventinis out there.

Hard luck for England.
Gianluca Taurelli
(Group Pro - 10)

Italy 
Certified: 
Like this post (3)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #180 posted Jul 12th 2021, 19:10:08 Quote 
https://www.giallozafferano.com/recipes/spaghetti-with-tomat... pasta recipe. good lunch
Page « 1 2 3 ... 5 [67 » Quick go to page:

Reply to this topic