Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > General forum > A general GPRO team discussion thread Ajouter ce sujet à votre liste des sujets à ignorer Ajouter ce sujet à votre liste des sujets à observer
Page « 1 2 3 ... 459 [460461 ... 1017 1018 1019 » Saut rapide vers la page:
Auteur Sujet: A general GPRO team discussion thread 30567 réponses
Paul Bright
(Groupe Amateur - 16)

Pays:
Écosse 
Certifié: 
J'aime ce post (1)   Je n'aime pas ce post (1)
Posts anciens #13768 Posté (le) 4 Octobre 2012, 02:08:54 Citer 
Quote ( Kevin Forster @ October 4th 2012,02:07:18 )

Quote ( Stuart Foster @ October 4th 2012,01:55:33 )

wrinkley as hell and has false teeth. May be the best BJ you'll ever get.

thought you meant Winkley

eeewwww...just eeewwwww...quite put me off my pint!
Jonathan MacLean
(Groupe Pro - 10)

Pays:
Écosse 
Certifié: 
J'aime ce post (4)   Je n'aime pas ce post (5)
Posts anciens #13769 Posté (le) 4 Octobre 2012, 02:10:16 Citer 
Quote ( Jim Spence @ October 4th 2012,02:05:20 )

I hope you skyped him!

I honestly don't think you've seen both sides of the story, yet you're commenting on the conclusion like you've seen the film.
Matt Murray
(Groupe Pro - 14)

Pays:
Australie 
Certifié: 
J'aime ce post (10)   Je n'aime pas ce post (4)
Posts anciens #13770 Posté (le) 4 Octobre 2012, 02:13:09 (dernière édition (le) 4 Octobre 2012, 06:35:26 par Mike Becnel) Citer 

I wouldn't worry about your profile Keri. At the end of the day you can't please everyone. Most people here will recognize you for the massive contribution you have made to the game and that you seem like a genuine guy. It's inevitable that there will be personality clashes here but I've found those people that try to put others down usually make themselves look like a fool.
Jim Spence
(Groupe Amateur - 11)

Pays:
Écosse 
Certifié: 
J'aime ce post (10)   Je n'aime pas ce post (1)
Posts anciens #13771 Posté (le) 4 Octobre 2012, 02:14:28 (dernière édition (le) 4 Octobre 2012, 02:16:52 par Jim Spence) Citer 
and your point is?

I've seen enough in one night

show me the post that actually tipped Keri over the edge?

I mean the actual post that swore/called him names/slagged off where he came from

quote me the line that was enough to ruin his reputation?

Edit

Do I need to see every post to know it was out of order?

Quote ( Jonathan MacLean @ October 4th 2012,02:10:16 )

I honestly don't think you've seen both sides of the story, yet you're commenting on the conclusion like you've seen the film.
Matt Murray
(Groupe Pro - 14)

Pays:
Australie 
Certifié: 
J'aime ce post (8)   Je n'aime pas ce post (2)
Posts anciens #13772 Posté (le) 4 Octobre 2012, 02:17:11 Citer 
Quote ( Jim Spence @ October 4th 2012,02:14:28 )

show me the post that actually tipped Keri over the edge?

I mean the actual post that swore/called him names/slagged off where he came from

quote me the line that was enough to ruin his reputation?

Mate these boil overs don't happen overnight, for people that communicate on the forum on a regular basis it's an ongoing problem. I couldn't direct you to one post in particular but it's clear that there is more to this than meets the eye. Makes me think that there has been something brewing under the surface for a long time
Robert Jones
(Groupe Amateur - 67)

Pays:
États-Unis 
Certifié: 
J'aime ce post (8)   Je n'aime pas ce post (0)
Posts anciens #13773 Posté (le) 4 Octobre 2012, 02:18:42 (dernière édition (le) 4 Octobre 2012, 02:42:16 par Robert Jones) Citer 
Quote ( Jonathan MacLean @ October 4th 2012,02:10:16 )

Quote ( Jim Spence @ October 4th 2012,02:05:20 )

I hope you skyped him!

Yes, there seems to be a history here but what Keri resorted to was completely unnecessary.

Edit - I retract my loss of all respect, bridges can be rebuilt. Still what transpired wasn't needed and if it was there were around 3 other managers who should've recieved Keri's wrath over what Finn posted, it didn't deserve those replys whether called a last straw or not.
Kevin Forster
(Groupe Amateur - 33)

Pays:
Angleterre 
Certifié: 
J'aime ce post (6)   Je n'aime pas ce post (3)
Posts anciens #13774 Posté (le) 4 Octobre 2012, 02:19:42 (dernière édition (le) 4 Octobre 2012, 02:40:27 par Kevin Forster) Citer 
Keri is one of the best people in this community.
Finn among others constantly dig at him.
Ok Keri has gone OTT this time but he gets stick from trolls regularly.
What sent him over the edge is neither here nor there.
His rep is fine and always will be.
Jim Spence
(Groupe Amateur - 11)

Pays:
Écosse 
Certifié: 
J'aime ce post (2)   Je n'aime pas ce post (1)
Posts anciens #13775 Posté (le) 4 Octobre 2012, 02:19:51 Citer 
Matt I agree

and for Keri to bring it here is crazy! he didnt react like this whilst playing is all I'm sayin
Jonathan MacLean
(Groupe Pro - 10)

Pays:
Écosse 
Certifié: 
J'aime ce post (4)   Je n'aime pas ce post (3)
Posts anciens #13776 Posté (le) 4 Octobre 2012, 02:20:01 (dernière édition (le) 4 Octobre 2012, 02:22:55 par Jonathan MacLean) Citer 

and your point is?

I've seen enough in one night

You haven't got a clue mate. This whole thing has been going on for a good couple of years. Constantly having snide and antagonistic posts being made after everything you say by the same people. It will eventually push you to do or say things in pure anger.

We're all entitled to our opinions, but if you're constantly antagonised for having yours by the same person on a daily basis, you're eventually going to tell them to go f-themselves.
Daniel Comalada
(Groupe Pro - 6)

Pays:
France 
Certifié: 
J'aime ce post (3)   Je n'aime pas ce post (2)
Posts anciens #13777 Posté (le) 4 Octobre 2012, 02:21:19 (dernière édition (le) 4 Octobre 2012, 07:04:18 par Mike Becnel) Citer 
Is this language allowed in the forums now?

Mod edit: No
Paul Bright
(Groupe Amateur - 16)

Pays:
Écosse 
Certifié: 
Posts anciens #13778 Posté (le) 4 Octobre 2012, 02:22:46 Citer 
Quote ( Jim Spence @ October 4th 2012,02:19:51 )

he didnt react like this whilst playing is all I'm sayin

It's the result of bottling up years of anger over the 'drip drip' of the little digs...now he's decided to go it's undoubtedly 'blaze of glory' time!

One of those GPRO forum nights that will be cleared away in a few hours just leaving shell shocked managers saying 'I was there man'.
Jim Spence
(Groupe Amateur - 11)

Pays:
Écosse 
Certifié: 
J'aime ce post (2)   Je n'aime pas ce post (0)
Posts anciens #13779 Posté (le) 4 Octobre 2012, 02:23:34 Citer 
I'm not on the forums that often Kevin but what I've read his rep is good

BUT

I've came on tonight and seen stuff that had a mod been on would have been deleted

Sion Francis
(Groupe Master - 3)

Pays:
Pays de Galles 
Certifié: 
J'aime ce post (5)   Je n'aime pas ce post (1)
Posts anciens #13780 Posté (le) 4 Octobre 2012, 02:24:09 Citer 

The idiom the straw that broke the camel's back is from an Arabic proverb about how a camel is loaded beyond its capacity to move or stand.[1] This is a reference to any process by which cataclysmic failure (a broken back) is achieved by a seemingly inconsequential addition (a single straw). This also gives rise to the phrase "the last/final straw", used when something is deemed to be the last in a line of unacceptable occurrences. Variations of this idiom include "the straw that broke the donkey's back", "melon that broke the monkey's back" and "feather that broke the camel's back".

One of the earliest published usages of this phrase was in Charles Dickens's Dombey and Son where he says "As the last straw breaks the laden camel's back", meaning that there is a limit to everyone's endurance, or everyone has his breaking point. Dickens was writing in the nineteenth century and he may have received his inspiration from an earlier proverb, recorded by Thomas Fuller in his Gnomologia as 'Tis the last feather that breaks the horse's back.’

Paul Bright
(Groupe Amateur - 16)

Pays:
Écosse 
Certifié: 
J'aime ce post (0)   Je n'aime pas ce post (1)
Posts anciens #13781 Posté (le) 4 Octobre 2012, 02:28:48 Citer 
Quote ( Jim Spence @ October 4th 2012,02:23:34 )

I've came on tonight and seen stuff that had a mod been on would have been deleted

For sure...and quite rightly...but the posts weren't the result of a casual whim and, whilst this probably isn't the place to do it, the reaction was long overdue and the result of years of restraint.
Jim Spence
(Groupe Amateur - 11)

Pays:
Écosse 
Certifié: 
J'aime ce post (0)   Je n'aime pas ce post (2)
Posts anciens #13782 Posté (le) 4 Octobre 2012, 02:29:29 Citer 
Quote ( Paul Bright @ October 4th 2012,02:22:46 )

It's the result of bottling up years of anger over the 'drip drip' of the little digs...now he's decided to go it's undoubtedly 'blaze of glory' time!

One of those GPRO forum nights that will be cleared away in a few hours just leaving shell shocked managers saying 'I was there man'.

I will agree with this Paul (and I'll stay away from the trolls)

Kieran Bundy
(Groupe Rookie - 85)

Pays:
Écosse 
Certifié: 
J'aime ce post (21)   Je n'aime pas ce post (1)
Posts anciens #13783 Posté (le) 4 Octobre 2012, 02:29:37 Citer 
hi,

im new to this game.

I play and am admin on another f1 game similar to this (well kinda)

i dont know anything about whats been going on but this is very off-putting for a new user.

imagaine if a kid logged on and clicked onto the forums and seen this!!

to be quite honest i think you guys should just leave it and if something needs to be said or done ---> then do it privately, not broadcast it all over the games forums for all to see

just my little bit. sorry for intruding

Stuart Foster
(Groupe Amateur - 54)

Pays:
Angleterre 
Certifié: 
J'aime ce post (4)   Je n'aime pas ce post (2)
Posts anciens #13784 Posté (le) 4 Octobre 2012, 02:34:11 Citer 
hmmm....I am flabbergasted that someone can change their opinion on someone overnight or at a drop of a hat. I can only assume people like that must go thru many cycles of friendships. I don't think people should be making judgments either based on one evening of events, cos this has been going for ages from what little i've seen myself.

It'd be great if everyone could get along, but guess what, they don't "in the real world" either. Choose your reality. My own opinion won't change overnight that's for sure, you can't just take everything at face value, you have to dig a little deeper.
Kevin Forster
(Groupe Amateur - 33)

Pays:
Angleterre 
Certifié: 
J'aime ce post (0)   Je n'aime pas ce post (3)
Posts anciens #13785 Posté (le) 4 Octobre 2012, 02:39:21 Citer 
Sion has, as ever, hit the nail on the head.
Rusty Rafferty
(Groupe Rookie - 157)

Pays:
États-Unis 
Certifié: 
J'aime ce post (7)   Je n'aime pas ce post (6)
Posts anciens #13786 Posté (le) 4 Octobre 2012, 02:41:05 Citer 
i hate to chime in, but what kind of world do we live in where we can't even read "dirty" words and not be offended? it's sad that you people are this sheltered.

and further more, who really cares if you are offended? if someone offends you, why does that give you the right to make them censor themselves? you "oh that offended me so you need to stop it" people need to piss off.
Kevin Forster
(Groupe Amateur - 33)

Pays:
Angleterre 
Certifié: 
J'aime ce post (0)   Je n'aime pas ce post (1)
Posts anciens #13787 Posté (le) 4 Octobre 2012, 02:42:13 Citer 
Quote ( Paul Bright @ October 4th 2012,02:22:46 )

Yup
Jim Spence
(Groupe Amateur - 11)

Pays:
Écosse 
Certifié: 
J'aime ce post (2)   Je n'aime pas ce post (1)
Posts anciens #13788 Posté (le) 4 Octobre 2012, 02:46:13 Citer 
Quote ( Rusty Rafferty @ October 4th 2012,02:41:05 )

i hate to chime in, but what kind of world do we live in where we can't even read "dirty" words and not be offended? it's sad that you people are this sheltered.

Whats the minimum age to join Gpro?
Paul Bright
(Groupe Amateur - 16)

Pays:
Écosse 
Certifié: 
J'aime ce post (2)   Je n'aime pas ce post (0)
Posts anciens #13789 Posté (le) 4 Octobre 2012, 02:46:16 Citer 
Quote ( Rusty Rafferty @ October 4th 2012,02:41:05 )

I think it's mainly that it breaks the forum rules which we all should subscribe too.

Without those it'd be anarchy and no one wants that.....except the anarchists :S
PJ Bowler
(Groupe Amateur - 56)

Pays:
Nouvelle-Zélande 
Certifié: 
J'aime ce post (1)   Je n'aime pas ce post (2)
Posts anciens #13790 Posté (le) 4 Octobre 2012, 02:51:13 Citer 

Do I need to see every post to know it was out of order?

to be able to make a informed decision, you should, if your making your decision on one quote, i believe you have no business commenting, you have not taken into account the full story.....

Your one of these people, who judge other people on one comment....time to grow up and see the big picture, not a snapshot in time!!!!

Keri spent along time here building a decent reputation.... he's not the one coming off 2nd best here.... People respect Keri in general although there will always be
Quote ( Matt Murray @ October 4th 2012,02:13:09 )

personality clashes here

The only thing i see you getting out of this is the fact your trying to make Keri look small because that will give you your big moment in GPRO.....

Take a hint: it won't happen, you will draw more bad attention to yourself than you really want.... and if the forum users get stuck into you, you deserve it, Keri earned his right to speak out with his time and effort in the game, have you?

My answer would be: Very very doubtful.......
Kevin Forster
(Groupe Amateur - 33)

Pays:
Angleterre 
Certifié: 
Posts anciens #13791 Posté (le) 4 Octobre 2012, 02:52:16 (dernière édition (le) 4 Octobre 2012, 02:54:46 par Kevin Forster) Citer 
While I don't condone foul language in front of children Jim, I don't know where you live? but the language used by kids where I live knocks Keri's tirade into a tin hat. And I mean primary school kids never mind the louts at the local secondary school.

I think the support Keri is getting here pretty much sums it all up.
All the long time players know where the fault truly lies.
Robert Mclaren
(Groupe Amateur - 22)

Pays:
Angleterre 
Certifié: 
Posts anciens #13792 Posté (le) 4 Octobre 2012, 02:52:20 Citer 
Quote ( Jim Spence @ October 4th 2012,02:46:13 )

This thread is a couple of years old,at that time there was an 8yr old playing

/gb/forum/ViewTopic.asp?TopicId=13967
Rusty Rafferty
(Groupe Rookie - 157)

Pays:
États-Unis 
Certifié: 
J'aime ce post (2)   Je n'aime pas ce post (2)
Posts anciens #13793 Posté (le) 4 Octobre 2012, 02:52:23 Citer 
Quote ( Jim Spence @ October 4th 2012,02:46:13 )

they're on the internet, bad words are the least of their concers.

Quote ( Paul Bright @ October 4th 2012,02:46:16 )

I think it's mainly that it breaks the forum rules which we all should subscribe too.

Without those it'd be anarchy and no one wants that.....except the anarchists :S

in the case of rules governing speech, anarchy isn't such a bad thing
Jim Spence
(Groupe Amateur - 11)

Pays:
Écosse 
Certifié: 
J'aime ce post (5)   Je n'aime pas ce post (2)
Posts anciens #13794 Posté (le) 4 Octobre 2012, 03:05:55 Citer 
Quote ( PJ Bowler @ October 4th 2012,02:51:13 )

i believe you have no business commenting, you have not taken into account the full story...

I agree I havent read the whole story who has?
again my original point was for Keri to calm down because he had the reputation, and I disagree why shouldnt I comment?

Your one of these people, who judge other people on one comment...

Are you judging me on one comment?

Pot/Kettle

I'll quote myself for clarity! (you can quote the other stuff too to keep this going)

Quote ( Jim Spence @ October 4th 2012,02:01:44 )

cool down/sober up and come back
tomorrow with an apology

and

Quote ( Jim Spence @ October 4th 2012,02:19:51 )

Matt I agree

in reply to

Quote ( Matt Murray @ October 4th 2012,02:17:11 )

Mate these boil overs don't happen overnight,
Jonathan MacLean
(Groupe Pro - 10)

Pays:
Écosse 
Certifié: 
J'aime ce post (6)   Je n'aime pas ce post (2)
Posts anciens #13795 Posté (le) 4 Octobre 2012, 03:12:18 Citer 
So yeah. the team standings look interesting this season.
PJ Bowler
(Groupe Amateur - 56)

Pays:
Nouvelle-Zélande 
Certifié: 
J'aime ce post (4)   Je n'aime pas ce post (2)
Posts anciens #13796 Posté (le) 4 Octobre 2012, 03:23:15 Citer 
Quote ( Jim Spence @ October 4th 2012,03:05:55 )

Are you judging me on one comment?

Not at all.... your actually the one who started this whole ordeal by blasting Keri for his comment..... you brought it on yourself.....

Quote ( Jim Spence @ October 4th 2012,03:05:55 )

and I disagree why shouldnt I comment?

as i stated earlier.....

to be able to make a informed decision, you should
read the whole thing....

I think your talking above yourself and yet you don't have all the facts....

yeah, blah, blah, blah about coarse language.... trying to be Mr Noble, wont work....to justify your comment maybe you should read the whole story, otherwise your comments look rank as you haven't taken the time or effort to make an informed decision.....so what sort of decision have you made? a moral/ethical one? no, as you pin pointed Keri without knowing all the facts

you can have any answer that you feel fit, but you might find yourself on the wrong end of a barrage if your not willing to read all the facts and make an informed decision..... best of luck with that.....
Robert Jones
(Groupe Amateur - 67)

Pays:
États-Unis 
Certifié: 
J'aime ce post (3)   Je n'aime pas ce post (1)
Posts anciens #13797 Posté (le) 4 Octobre 2012, 04:16:49 (dernière édition (le) 4 Octobre 2012, 04:28:10 par Robert Jones) Citer 
Quote ( Jensen Owens @ October 4th 2012,01:09:07 )

No words of DA QA was used, that would be excusing them when they could be 100% legit, the word fishy was used, witch is word to say when sum think looks a bit dodge, if this is what happens when you bring sum think forward to the GPRO community when you suspect, there might be sum think wrong, then am never posting any think like it again,

Actually Jenson, there's another thread topic for your first post and not this one. Just maybe all that happened wouldn't have if you had done so, but we'll never know.

Sad disappointing day for everyone involved.
Page « 1 2 3 ... 459 [460461 ... 1017 1018 1019 » Saut rapide vers la page:
Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > General forum > A general GPRO team discussion thread Ajouter ce sujet à votre liste des sujets à ignorer Ajouter ce sujet à votre liste des sujets à observer

Répondre à ce sujet