Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Forum games > [Mafia] The Office - GAME OVER Ajouter ce sujet à votre liste des sujets à ignorer Ajouter ce sujet à votre liste des sujets à observer
Page « 1 2 3 ... 148 149 [150 Saut rapide vers la page:
Auteur Sujet: [Mafia] The Office - GAME OVER 4490 réponses
Ivelin Dobrev
(Groupe Rookie - 165)

Modérateur du sujet
  Pays:
Canada 
Certifié: 
J'aime ce post (0)   Je n'aime pas ce post (0)
Posts anciens #4468 Posté (le) 6 Septembre 2018, 19:59:32 Citer 
Saulius

You were clearly overwhelmed quickly. Another one who was unlucky to have this game as their first game. In a small open setup game, you would have enjoyed it much more I am sure.

As I told you by PM, I hope to see you play again as you showed a lot of promise and good thinking.
Matthew Standen
(Groupe Amateur - 72)

Pays:
Angleterre 
Certifié: 
Posts anciens #4469 Posté (le) 6 Septembre 2018, 20:13:01 Citer 
Quote ( Riley Dunlop @ September 6th 2018,15:15:28 )

Are you going to play a game Matthew? I see you have not played for 3 years

I hope so. Not quite as busy now as I have been, so I might get the chance to join in a smaller game soon.
Matija Gjurčević
(Groupe Rookie - 29)

Pays:
Croatie 
Certifié: 
Posts anciens #4470 Posté (le) 6 Septembre 2018, 20:21:08 Citer 
How to join?
Harsh Sheth
(Groupe Rookie - 78)

Pays:
Inde 
Certifié: 
Posts anciens #4471 Posté (le) 6 Septembre 2018, 20:38:53 Citer 
Quote ( Ivelin Dobrev @ September 6th 2018,19:12:16 )

I still don't understand how did people believe your claim.

Did anyone really ever believe that claim? :P But it scared town all right.
Gareth Griffiths
(Groupe Rookie - 34)

Pays:
Canada 
Certifié: 
Posts anciens #4472 Posté (le) 6 Septembre 2018, 21:36:51 Citer 
Quote ( Ivelin Dobrev @ September 6th 2018,18:35:02 )

Gareth

I don't know why you thought you should claim in the Beach Games thread. You couldn't know the others were town. Also, considering Mike claimed Vig was a mistake, he claimed a very specific role that looks like a Vig but is not really a Vig.

Activity issues might explain most of the trouble you had.
fair assessment. Never crossed my mind before claiming there was scum in the group. Read people as town in there.

But without claiming I am usually seen as scummy so the role and your hard work would have been wasted
Grant Crouch
(Groupe Rookie - 116)

Pays:
États-Unis 
Certifié: 
Posts anciens #4473 Posté (le) 6 Septembre 2018, 21:54:47 Citer 
Yes, Cameron played like shit, but I just cant help but feel like I single-handedly hurt town in the worst way. I mean I ended up aiming my role to mafia AND the sk. No good.

On top of that, my play past D2 was beyond unacceptable, and I wouldve been all over anyone else who played that way (Kevin, very justifiably, called me out on it)

Granted, George killing Martin destroyed me, as i wouldve pulled up a non-mafia result and couldve used that to lynch Kevin, but claiming in the QT was one of the worst plays in the entire game
Kevin Parkinson
(Groupe Rookie - 72)

Équipe GPRO
  Pays:
Écosse 
Certifié: 
Posts anciens #4474 Posté (le) 6 Septembre 2018, 22:00:54 Citer 
I really think you're being way too hard on yourself, Grant. Yes, I don't think you should have claimed, but apart from that, you didn't do too much wrong. I wouldn't have picked Martin, personally, but you couldn't have know he would die that night. You were blocked then killed after that.

Everyone had your result, you weren't the only one who didn't push it, and given what happened with Saulius's flip, I don't think anyone can be blamed for that. I got lucky.
Riley Dunlop
(Groupe Rookie - 74)

Pays:
Angleterre 
Certifié: 
Posts anciens #4475 Posté (le) 6 Septembre 2018, 22:02:19 Citer 
Quote ( Ivelin Dobrev @ September 6th 2018,18:46:13 )

And when claiming, leaving part of your claim was wrong IMO. It just messed up D4 and Michael was left in the middle with a dream result that people didn't believe.

Yes agreed - it did give him some difficulties. I left out that I had another dream as I thought I would be unlikely to be killed if I was just effectively now a VT - not realising that I had already been poisoned the previous night so I was gonna be dead already
Martin Irla
(Groupe Amateur - 7)

Pays:
Uruguay 
Certifié: 
Posts anciens #4476 Posté (le) 6 Septembre 2018, 22:05:14 Citer 
Same way i said before dont go so hard on others,dont go so hard on yourself Grant....Yes,in my opinion it was a huge mistake,but other than that you played great and i learnt a lot off you,very quick to pick up things,roles and what they can do...
Same way,i can say i also lost the game for town with my claiming.Screwed your reading,and i can assure you i had a scum reading off Kev,stated that on the dead QT and i was going to push his lynch.Besides i was pretty sure that 1 or 2 of my group were scum,i wasnt decided between Tom and Gareth thou....Tough luck,one learns from the mistakes....
Riley Dunlop
(Groupe Rookie - 74)

Pays:
Angleterre 
Certifié: 
Posts anciens #4477 Posté (le) 6 Septembre 2018, 22:05:33 Citer 
Quote ( Ivelin Dobrev @ September 6th 2018,19:05:47 )

Lyee

Also played well considering it was your first game. Played way too much the noob card, it always looks scummy. Died too soon and so long ago that I don't remember much more I can comment on. :)

My main memory of Lyee was the crazy theories that took up loads of discussion time
Riley Dunlop
(Groupe Rookie - 74)

Pays:
Angleterre 
Certifié: 
Posts anciens #4478 Posté (le) 6 Septembre 2018, 22:09:59 Citer 
Thanks for the feedback Ivelin. Not just on me - it is useful seeing the feedback on others too

All in all, I think it was good having some new players - GPRO mafia needs you!
Harsh Sheth
(Groupe Rookie - 78)

Pays:
Inde 
Certifié: 
Posts anciens #4479 Posté (le) 6 Septembre 2018, 22:44:37 Citer 
Quote ( Ivelin Dobrev @ September 6th 2018,18:28:24 )

Also, half-claiming when hammering George was not the right decision. I understand it was the excitement of catching someone in a lie though.

For future reference, I should have hammered without saying anything?Or should I have made a full claim?
Ivelin Dobrev
(Groupe Rookie - 165)

Modérateur du sujet
  Pays:
Canada 
Certifié: 
Posts anciens #4480 Posté (le) 6 Septembre 2018, 22:45:43 Citer 
You’re welcome :)

It’s just something I thought would be good to have (saw other mods do it in previous games, but much more in detail).
Mike Baston
(Groupe Pro - 5)

Pays:
Angleterre 
Certifié: 
Posts anciens #4481 Posté (le) 6 Septembre 2018, 22:47:39 Citer 
Quote ( Riley Dunlop @ September 6th 2018,22:09:59 )

Thanks for the feedback Ivelin. Not just on me - it is useful seeing the feedback on others too

Think there was some conf bias on Cameron :P
Ivelin Dobrev
(Groupe Rookie - 165)

Modérateur du sujet
  Pays:
Canada 
Certifié: 
Posts anciens #4482 Posté (le) 6 Septembre 2018, 22:48:18 Citer 
Quote ( Harsh Sheth @ September 6th 2018,22:44:37 )

Quote ( Ivelin Dobrev @ September 6th 2018,18:28:24 )

Also, half-claiming when hammering George was not the right decision. I understand it was the excitement of catching someone in a lie though.

For future reference, I should have hammered without saying anything?Or should I have made a full claim?
Without saying anything wouldn’t have made you as much as a target as it did. Obviously, George flipping SK would give mafia an idea of what your role is, but they could also decide to keep you around as the hammer without warning could be used to build a case.
Ivelin Dobrev
(Groupe Rookie - 165)

Modérateur du sujet
  Pays:
Canada 
Certifié: 
Posts anciens #4483 Posté (le) 6 Septembre 2018, 22:49:05 Citer 
Quote ( Mike Baston @ September 6th 2018,22:47:39 )

Quote ( Riley Dunlop @ September 6th 2018,22:09:59 )

Think there was some conf bias on Cameron :P
I may have gone a bit far with him, but you don’t agree with my main points? :)
Mike Baston
(Groupe Pro - 5)

Pays:
Angleterre 
Certifié: 
Posts anciens #4484 Posté (le) 6 Septembre 2018, 23:15:05 Citer 
Yes they are valid & hopefully he'll stand by his comments in the dead thread.
Tom Byrne
(Groupe Rookie - 90)

Pays:
Australie 
Certifié: 
Posts anciens #4485 Posté (le) 7 Septembre 2018, 01:35:45 Citer 
Quote ( Ivelin Dobrev @ September 6th 2018,19:12:16 )

TomYou were okay as Mafia, lurking quite a lot. I am really surprised you didn't get more heat for that. You sharing the dream made you look town for some reason (I would have shared it too, even if it involved a buddy). I still don't understand how did people believe your claim. It looked so convenient and you were basically scaring town in lynching you. They should have seen right through it. It worked out well, but claiming a protective role would have been the way to go IMO.

Thanks for the helpful insights Ivelin. My lurking was twofold, I didn't want say something ridiculous, but as I mentioned near the end I am more of a watch and react person.

I discussed why I went Beloved Co-Worker over Seraph Knight in the Maf QT, but it basically revolved around me not properly understanding Seraph. Although the Seraph claim may have been the better choice, we could go into the OMGUS of its what any scum would have claimed. It was a spur of the moment decision so I didn't think through all ramifications. Beloved atleast gave me the risk v reward for town which helped keep the heat off of me for long enough to get Mike finished.

As I pointed out earlier, town needed to pick up the Freeze/Kill and that anyone frozen by Kevin was found dead the next night. That would have been hard to deal with for scum I think.
Lyee Chong
(Groupe Amateur - 61)

Équipe GPRO
  Pays:
Malaisie 
Certifié: 
Posts anciens #4486 Posté (le) 7 Septembre 2018, 03:21:08 Citer 
Quote ( Matija Gjurčević @ September 6th 2018,20:21:08 )

How to join?
Pm the host of the next mafia game. If you want to know who will be the next Mafia game host, check the General Mafia Game Thread.
Grant Crouch
(Groupe Rookie - 116)

Pays:
États-Unis 
Certifié: 
Posts anciens #4487 Posté (le) 7 Septembre 2018, 07:12:03 Citer 
I just wanted to mention,

If any of the new guys are interested, I can send you via email my word document on this game. I didn't update it past early D2, but at least you can see how I take notes and maybe learn a thing or 2 about how I see some people, or see how you yourself can take good notes on the people in this game. I would 100% recommend doing this yourselves!

Thanks to Kevin and Martin for their feedback. Obviously I told Martin in the dead QT how I felt about his play (he was the best newb), but I just can't shake how my claim changed the game for the worse.

Overall, I loved subbing in. I'm super interested in mafia again, and I can officially say I'm no longer retired from mafia on GPRO. However, given my uni requirements, I can only play in games that are 10 or less, as waking up to 200+ posts would be too much for me.
Martin Irla
(Groupe Amateur - 7)

Pays:
Uruguay 
Certifié: 
Posts anciens #4488 Posté (le) 7 Septembre 2018, 15:04:44 Citer 
Sent you a message Grant,would love to have those notes....
Page « 1 2 3 ... 148 149 [150 Saut rapide vers la page:
Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Forum games > [Mafia] The Office - GAME OVER Ajouter ce sujet à votre liste des sujets à ignorer Ajouter ce sujet à votre liste des sujets à observer

Répondre à ce sujet