Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Forum games > GPRO Bracket Tour - S1 Ajouter ce sujet à votre liste des sujets à ignorer Ajouter ce sujet à votre liste des sujets à observer
Page [12 3 ... 16 17 18 » Saut rapide vers la page:
Auteur Sujet: GPRO Bracket Tour - S1 515 réponses
Bálint Turi-Kováts
(Groupe Rookie - 172)

Modérateur du sujet
  Pays:
Hongrie 
Certifié: 
J'aime ce post (0)   Je n'aime pas ce post (0)
Posts anciens #1 Posté (le) 11 Août 2018, 18:05:01 (dernière édition (le) 9 Septembre 2018, 22:20:54 par Bálint Turi-Kováts) Citer 
What is this game and how to play?

1. You can #Join at any time. Each season will last 12 weeks.
2. The goal is to gain Ranking Points and eventually save them - just like in tennis' ATP or WTA tour
3. Each week you have to decide if you want to Play, Train or Rest.
4. There are tournaments every week - you can play single elimination cups on Clay (Strategy 5s), Grass (Strategy 7s) or Hard (retro Simply Eliminated)
5. You will have Skill points to gain and Stamina to manage by resting or training
6. Whether you want to accumulate as many Grands (this game's Grand Slams) as possible, become the world's Number One for eternity or just train until you become the most skilled player, you will find a goal to play for.
7. You don't have to be good at all of the games to be the best! In fact, you may only need to be the best manager, not the best strategist.
8. In most cases, you will have to answer my reminders once or twice per week. That's only minutes of commitment per week!

Thanks to Nate Lung for the original idea, creating the games and assisting on the rules.

---

Hello and welcome to Season 1 of the brand new GPRO Bracket Tour!

GPRO Bracket Tour is a brand-new strategy based game where strategy meets the tennis tour! Just like ATP, you enter tourneys, battle it out with other players, gaining Ranking Points and earning trophies along the way. This game takes about two minutes per week to play and hopefully it turns out to be exciting for you all.

You can post #Join anytime.
• Each season lasts 12 real-life weeks, they will be referenced as either Weeks (Season 1, Week 5) or the months of a year (July, Season 1)
• In short, there are tournaments to play every month, with Ranking Points (RP) to play for. The tournaments are single elimination brackets, you have to outplay your opponents by using your Skill Points. Playing tournaments cost Stamina and you can't play if you run out of them, thankfully you can Rest. On the other hand, if you want to take out some time to get better, you can Train and in exchange, you'll have more points to use in your next tournament.
• On Sundays you have to decide what do you want to do next week. You can either Play, Train or Rest.

I. Playing

• Playing tournaments is the essence of this game. On the Tour there are various tournaments to choose from, ranging from regular 100s (where the winner earns 100 RP) to the illustrious Grands, with 1000 RP and a piece of history up for grabs.
There are multiple tournaments to choose from, but one player can only play one tournament in a month.
• Every tourney has a set limit of how many people can join.
- The Grands have 16 player slots,
- The GBT Finals, the 500s and the 250s have 8 slots,
- The 100s have four.
You can play tournaments on Clay, Grass or Hard (courts).

1. Clay court

• Your Clay Skill determines how many points you are able to use per match. Each game, all of your points are split up between the five rounds of the match. For every round, the higher number wins, with ties ignored. Whoever wins more rounds, advances.
• In case of a tie, both sides have to send an unique submission. If that's tied as well, a tiebreak will determine the winner.
This surface uses the rules of Strategy Fives.
Here's an example exhibition match:

http://i64.tinypic.com/1tr5ld.jpg

2. Grass court

• Similar to clay, grass features distributing a set amount of points among a certain number of rounds.
• Your Grass skill determines how many points you are able to use per match. Each game, all of your points are split up between the seven rounds of the match. For every round, the higher number wins, with ties ignored. Whoever wins more rounds, advances.
• In case of a tie, both sides have to send an unique submission. If that's tied as well, a tiebreak will determine the winner.
This surface uses the rules of Strategy Sevens.
Here's an example exhibition match:

http://i65.tinypic.com/2m6vhgx.jpg

3. Hard court

• The hard court is different to the other two surfaces. On clay and grass, your points (determined by your Skill) are good for one match and they reset if you advance to the next round. On hard courd, you get your points before the tournament and that's it.
• You Hard skill determines how many points you are able to use on a particular tournament.
Send more points than your opponent to advance to the next round. However, points already used can't be spent in further rounds.
Here's an example tournament with the two Semi-Finals and the Final (keep in mind that other players' spendings will only become visible after the tournament):

http://i68.tinypic.com/10yqvcy.jpg

• If both players send the same number, they have to resend a different number. If that's still the same, a tiebreak will decide the winner.
• In case of less people joining than free spots, a qualifying round will take place instead of the first round. For example if five people joins a 250 event, the Quarterfinals are scrapped and the qualifying round determines which four players can enter the Semis. Everyone sends in his number just like it was the Quarterfinals. The four highest submissions enter the Semi-Finals but those points are deducted from their balances. The fifth place finisher receives points like he was eliminated in the Quarterfinals.
• In case of exactly two players entering a hardcourt tournament with the same Hard skill, the two will duke it out in a Best of 5 (Clay) exhibition match.

4. Tiebreak

• For Season 1 you get 15 Tiebreak Points.
• You send your first submission (on any court) like normal. You always get notified if your first submission ends up tying your opponent.
• In the [Tie] PM I will ask you to send a second, unique submission and your Tiebreak number.
• Whoever sends a higher number, wins the tiebreak. If the two numbers are tied too, a coin-flip will decide the match.
• Both players have the points deducted from the original total. Tiebreak Points only reset to 20 after every season. Tiebreak Points will not be visible either in the spreadsheet or in the match report (all tiebreaks are won 7-6 by someone). You can always ask for how many points you have left.

5. Miscellaneous

In case of more people joining than free spots, only the best ranked players will enter the event. (If two people have the same Ranking Points, then whoever registered the event first, gets the spot)
• Tournaments with 8 or more player spots will include seeds. The #1 seed is anticipated to meet the #4 seed in the first Semi-Final.
• The GBT Finals are held on rotating courts. This year it's hard court, next year it's going to be one of the other two. The Top 8 players in the Road to Sofia standings cannot play any other tournament in December. They either play the Finals, Train or Rest. Players behind the Top 8 will serve as Alternates who will hop on if there is a replacement needed.
• Expect small, but consistent changes in the calendar year by year.
• Competing is good and all, but by doing so you lose Stamina and miss out on training months. So consider the other two options as well.

II. Resting

• If you have no Stamina, you aren't allowed to play.

• Every player starts the season with 10 Stamina but it is expected to change drastically during a season.
Everyone who enters a tournament is expected to lose Stamina. The exact formula is New Stamina = Old Stamina - [Matches Played] + 1
• If you lose your first match, your Stamina remains the same. If you win a Grand (16 players, 4 matches), you lose 3 Stamina.
• If two or less people enter a tournament, the winner will lose one Stamina, no matter how many matches they played.
• If you don't decide what you want to do in time, you are forced to rest, which gains you one Stamina. You are better off actively resting however.
By deciding on a Rest Week, you gain 3 Stamina. But of course, you aren't able to play a tournament and can't train yourself either.
• You can never get more than 10 Stamina. Stamina will also reset at the end of the year.
• If you run out of stamina during a tournament (for example entering it with 1 Stamina but winning multiple matches), you won't need to withdraw from the tourney or forfeit it. It is possible however to end up on negative Stamina, it just means that recovering from it will take a longer time.
• If you have no other choice than resting (having zero or negative Stamina), you'll do that automatically. It never hurts to confirm your 'forced move' but you'll gain 3 Stamina no matter what.

III. Training

• Other than Stamina, every driver has three skill attributes: Clay, Grass and Hard Skill. They determine how many points a player can use in a round or tournament.
• Clay Skill at from 15 points and used on clay court. Grass Skill starts at 20 points and is used on grass court. Hard Skill starts at 25 points and is used on hard court.
If a player chooses to Train, he spends 3 Stamina and chooses not to play in that month. In exchange, he gets to Train Clay, Grass or Hard and earns one Skill Point accordingly.
• You can only train a certain Skill nine times (your clay skill can only go from 15 to 24)

• Your fourth, fifth and sixth Train in a certain skill will cost 4 Stamina instead of 3.
• Your seventh, eighth and ninth Train in a certain skill will cost 5 Stamina instead of 3.

• If you have four, five or six extra Skill Points, you will lose one of them at the end of the season (if your clay skill is 20, so you trained it five times, you start next season with 19).
• If you have seven, eight or nine extra Skill Points, you will lose two of them at the end of the season (if your clay skill is 24, so you trained it the maximum nine times, you start next season with 22).

IV. Deadlines and Planning

• Here are the weekly deadlines:

http://i63.tinypic.com/ok7ktc.jpg
Keep in mind, whenever you and your opponent submit, the result is revealed. With close deadlines (even as close as 24 hours from announcement), sending submissions as soon as possible is encouraged.

• By Sunday 22:00, you should have sent your plan for next week. You should either just say Play [insert tournament here], Train or Rest. By not saying anything, you're basically resting only a third as effective as saying Rest. When you are down the rankings and unsure whether you can make it to an event you would like to play, you can add more events or even a backup idea to your weekly plan.
Tokyo Grand
Mexico City 250
Train Grass

This is useful because if you can't assign yourself to a tournament, and don't choose any other option (Train or Rest) you're forced to rest (and only gain one Stamina instead of three).

V. The Tour

• The list of events (aka the GBT Calendar) are listed here:

http://i64.tinypic.com/2renuhy.jpg

• And points are awarded as follows:

http://i66.tinypic.com/b6u1vo.jpg

Monthly rankings are determined by the last twelve months' results. Players are expected to defend their points from last year to maintain their Rank.
Whoever scores the most points during the 12 weeks of the season, is the champion . As the game progresses, more rewards will be given out.

• When two or more players have the same total number of points, ties shall be broken as follows:
- Most points from Grands;
- Most points from GBT Finals;
- Most points from 500 events; then 250 events, then 100 events;
- Fewest events played;
- The highest number of points from one single tournament; then second highest, and so on.
- If everything above is tied, both or all players shall be ranked the same.

I'm looking for 12 players at the very least. I'm secretly hoping we can get to 20 players because that's the point where the game gets interesting. Any feedback is appreciated!

Joining is OPEN!
Michael Monteleyola
(Groupe Rookie - 166)

Pays:
États-Unis 
Certifié: 
J'aime ce post (1)   Je n'aime pas ce post (0)
Posts anciens #2 Posté (le) 11 Août 2018, 18:07:42 Citer 
#join
Kyle Morris
(Groupe Pro - 19)

Pays:
Angleterre 
Certifié: 
Posts anciens #3 Posté (le) 11 Août 2018, 18:32:04 (dernière édition (le) 11 Août 2018, 18:32:22 par Kyle Morris) Citer 
#join

I literally read 1 paragraph and was like yes
Dániel Vankó
(Groupe Amateur - 34)

Pays:
Hongrie 
Certifié: 
Posts anciens #4 Posté (le) 11 Août 2018, 18:37:51 Citer 
#join
Bálint Turi-Kováts
(Groupe Rookie - 172)

Modérateur du sujet
  Pays:
Hongrie 
Certifié: 
Posts anciens #5 Posté (le) 11 Août 2018, 18:43:38 Citer 
Quote ( Kyle Morris @ August 11th 2018,18:32:04 )

I literally read 1 paragraph and was like yes

I hope the next paragraphs brought you what you expected after the first :)
Chew Kai Wen
(Groupe Pro - 4)

Équipe GPRO
  Pays:
Singapour 
Certifié: 
Posts anciens #6 Posté (le) 11 Août 2018, 18:51:15 Citer 
#join

Wow this looks interesting!
Greg Tierney
(Groupe Pro - 12)

Pays:
États-Unis 
Certifié: 
Posts anciens #7 Posté (le) 11 Août 2018, 18:53:05 Citer 
#join

At first glance, this looks really interesting -- looking forward to it! One question: I assume that the "rest week" is actually an entire in-game month (much like training), so it would be your only action in that period?
Bálint Turi-Kováts
(Groupe Rookie - 172)

Modérateur du sujet
  Pays:
Hongrie 
Certifié: 
Posts anciens #8 Posté (le) 11 Août 2018, 18:57:46 (dernière édition (le) 11 Août 2018, 18:58:50 par Bálint Turi-Kováts) Citer 
Welcome everyone!

Quote ( Greg Tierney @ August 11th 2018,18:53:05 )

At first glance, this looks really interesting -- looking forward to it! One question: I assume that the "rest week" is actually an entire in-game month (much like training), so it would be your only action in that period?

Yes, one real life week equals one gamewise month - get ready to see me intentionally and unintentionally mix up the two from time to time :)

E: Doesn't matter if you Play, Train or Rest, it's your one and only action for the period.
Greg Tierney
(Groupe Pro - 12)

Pays:
États-Unis 
Certifié: 
Posts anciens #9 Posté (le) 11 Août 2018, 18:58:43 Citer 
Quote ( Bálint Turi-Kováts @ August 11th 2018,18:57:46 )

Yes, one real life week equals one gamewise month - get ready to see me intentionally and unintentionally mix up the two from time to time :)

I figured as much, just wanted to make sure!
Bálint Turi-Kováts
(Groupe Rookie - 172)

Modérateur du sujet
  Pays:
Hongrie 
Certifié: 
Posts anciens #10 Posté (le) 11 Août 2018, 20:17:34 Citer 
A first glimpse of what's to come... at least on the design front :)

http://i65.tinypic.com/2jayej6.jpg
Rocco Stallone
(Groupe Pro - 25)

Pays:
États-Unis 
Certifié: 
Posts anciens #11 Posté (le) 11 Août 2018, 21:17:52 Citer 
ok fine.. lol

#join
Quentin Rieg
(Groupe Amateur - 70)

Pays:
France 
Certifié: 
Posts anciens #12 Posté (le) 11 Août 2018, 21:22:04 Citer 
#join
Cristian Morales
(Groupe Rookie - 118)

Pays:
Argentine 
Certifié: 
Posts anciens #13 Posté (le) 11 Août 2018, 21:34:24 Citer 
##join
Mike Baston
(Groupe Pro - 5)

Pays:
Angleterre 
Certifié: 
Posts anciens #14 Posté (le) 11 Août 2018, 21:46:54 Citer 
##join
Nate Lung
(Groupe Amateur - 56)

Pays:
États-Unis 
Certifié: 
Posts anciens #15 Posté (le) 11 Août 2018, 21:50:06 Citer 
##join, though 5’s is proving that creating the game(s) doesn’t actually make me good at them XD
Kyle Morris
(Groupe Pro - 19)

Pays:
Angleterre 
Certifié: 
Posts anciens #16 Posté (le) 11 Août 2018, 22:02:48 Citer 
Could be worse. Having 5's is making people better except me :D
Bálint Turi-Kováts
(Groupe Rookie - 172)

Modérateur du sujet
  Pays:
Hongrie 
Certifié: 
Posts anciens #17 Posté (le) 11 Août 2018, 22:26:27 Citer 
10 players already, I'm flattered :)
Martin Irla
(Groupe Amateur - 7)

Pays:
Uruguay 
Certifié: 
J'aime ce post (2)   Je n'aime pas ce post (0)
Posts anciens #18 Posté (le) 12 Août 2018, 02:36:00 Citer 
Too many silly gams already,but lets give it a try...
Join
Tom Byrne
(Groupe Rookie - 90)

Pays:
Australie 
Certifié: 
Posts anciens #19 Posté (le) 12 Août 2018, 03:09:07 Citer 
#join

This will be great
Bálint Turi-Kováts
(Groupe Rookie - 172)

Modérateur du sujet
  Pays:
Hongrie 
Certifié: 
Posts anciens #20 Posté (le) 12 Août 2018, 10:03:28 (dernière édition (le) 12 Août 2018, 10:03:42 par Bálint Turi-Kováts) Citer 
Quote ( Tom Byrne @ August 12th 2018,03:09:07 )

This will be great

I certainly hope so :)

http://i68.tinypic.com/346tdtt.jpg

Keep joining!
Lyee Chong
(Groupe Amateur - 61)

Équipe GPRO
  Pays:
Malaisie 
Certifié: 
Posts anciens #21 Posté (le) 12 Août 2018, 10:10:58 Citer 
#join

like the concept :)
Ángel Berrón
(Groupe Amateur - 37)

Pays:
Espagne 
Certifié: 
Posts anciens #22 Posté (le) 12 Août 2018, 12:50:55 Citer 
#join
Nate Lung
(Groupe Amateur - 56)

Pays:
États-Unis 
Certifié: 
Posts anciens #23 Posté (le) 12 Août 2018, 14:55:25 Citer 
14 :)
Bálint Turi-Kováts
(Groupe Rookie - 172)

Modérateur du sujet
  Pays:
Hongrie 
Certifié: 
Posts anciens #24 Posté (le) 12 Août 2018, 15:00:51 Citer 
And it's going to be more and more interesting after every new entrant :)
Vin Struder
(Groupe Amateur - 71)

Pays:
États-Unis 
Certifié: 
Posts anciens #25 Posté (le) 12 Août 2018, 17:13:46 Citer 
# Join
Grant Crouch
(Groupe Rookie - 116)

Pays:
États-Unis 
Certifié: 
Posts anciens #26 Posté (le) 12 Août 2018, 17:18:53 Citer 
Bring it
#join
Bálint Turi-Kováts
(Groupe Rookie - 172)

Modérateur du sujet
  Pays:
Hongrie 
Certifié: 
Posts anciens #27 Posté (le) 12 Août 2018, 17:35:48 (dernière édition (le) 12 Août 2018, 17:36:19 par Bálint Turi-Kováts) Citer 
Would you look at the American delegation :O

http://i68.tinypic.com/2qvuq6v.jpg

Being the US' Number One will most certainly be a prestigious (and banter-worthy) title as well :P

There are multiple free places, not just one!
Vin Struder
(Groupe Amateur - 71)

Pays:
États-Unis 
Certifié: 
Posts anciens #28 Posté (le) 12 Août 2018, 17:46:30 Citer 
When is the last time you saw a USA player ranked number 1 in men's singles?
Bálint Turi-Kováts
(Groupe Rookie - 172)

Modérateur du sujet
  Pays:
Hongrie 
Certifié: 
Posts anciens #29 Posté (le) 12 Août 2018, 18:01:16 (dernière édition (le) 12 Août 2018, 18:01:45 par Bálint Turi-Kováts) Citer 
Surely Connors that McEnroe has Sampras never Agassi happened Roddick before :P
Cristian Morales
(Groupe Rookie - 118)

Pays:
Argentine 
Certifié: 
Posts anciens #30 Posté (le) 12 Août 2018, 18:40:46 (dernière édition (le) 12 Août 2018, 18:41:04 par Cristian Morales) Citer 
Quote ( Bálint Turi-Kováts @ August 12th 2018,18:01:16 )

Surely Connors that McEnroe has Sampras never Agassi happened Roddick before :P
Nope, Courier never
Page [12 3 ... 16 17 18 » Saut rapide vers la page:
Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Forum games > GPRO Bracket Tour - S1 Ajouter ce sujet à votre liste des sujets à ignorer Ajouter ce sujet à votre liste des sujets à observer

Répondre à ce sujet