Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Formula One forum > Massa's Replacement (Schumi / Badoer / Fisi) Add this topic to your ignore list Add this topic to your watchlist
Page « 1 2 3 ... 16 [1718 ... 39 40 41 » Quick go to page:
Author Topic: Massa's Replacement (Schumi / Badoer / Fisi) 1211 replies
Hans Kranz
(Group Pro - 14)

Germany 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #481 posted Jul 29th 2009, 20:40:43 Quote 
Wow !!
F1 needed a "boost" after all this crap in the last months, but that Schumi will enter the circus again is a real sensation.
Yep, i'll watch that resp. these races too.
Anthony Lo Vullo
(Group Amateur - 43)

Germany 
Certified: 
Old post #482 posted Jul 29th 2009, 20:41:42 (last edited Jul 29th 2009, 20:42:27 by Anthony Lo Vullo) Quote 
As a big big fan of him I must say this is no good news, it will hurt to see him loosing against guys like Hamilton and Vettel.

It will harm his reputation and probably destroy his legacy.

Nobody in the media will look at the fact that he´s almost 41 and Hamilton and Vettel are in their prime.

They will make Hamilton the greatest ever for beating Michael. And Michael will end like Jordan for the wizards, beaten by average people, with whom they would have cleaned the floor with in their best days.
Arnoldas Molis
(Group Master - 2)

Lithuania 
Certified: 
Old post #483 posted Jul 29th 2009, 20:48:04 Quote 
Quote ( Frank Richter @ July 29th 2009,20:38:58 )

Why should they push? The championship is gone ... concentrating on next years car seems the way to go. Even Schumacher can't change that.

Yep, there's no need for them to push, so why put MSC then? Would MSC want to join and ruin his reputation and legacy which he's been building for so many years..?
Kyle Hitchcock
(Group Amateur - 22)

United States 
Certified: 
Old post #484 posted Jul 29th 2009, 20:49:33 Quote 
This is very good for F1, maybe not for Schumi though. But I don't know what people will expect from him. I mean personally I don't expect him to jump in the car and win or get on the podium. I can't wait to watch the race, too bad its almost a whole month away.
Sagar Subhedar
(Group Amateur - 39)

India 
Certified: 
Old post #485 posted Jul 29th 2009, 20:57:06 Quote 
REALLY AN AMAZING NEWS...!!! VERY HAPPY TODAY..!
THE LEGEND...THE GOD IS BACK..!
Adam Lyons
(Group Rookie - 200)

United States 
Certified: 
Old post #486 posted Jul 29th 2009, 20:58:55 Quote 
Top Gear was the warm up. :P
Sion Francis
(Group Master - 4)

Wales 
Certified: 
Old post #487 posted Jul 29th 2009, 20:59:36 Quote 
Quote ( Anthony Lo Vullo @ July 29th 2009,20:41:42 )

It will harm his reputation and probably destroy his legacy.

I rather doubt anything can harm the reputation of a 7 time world champion who holds about 95% of the records going in the sport.

He's probably biding his time to go for the oldest man to win a race record. :p
Abhijeet Titkare
(Group Amateur - 26)

India 
Certified: 
Old post #488 posted Jul 29th 2009, 21:03:39 Quote 
dying to see Schumi Driving red F1 car on Singapore Night track !!!
Thorsten Loos
(Group Rookie - 55)

Germany 
Certified: 
Old post #489 posted Jul 29th 2009, 21:04:27 (last edited Jul 29th 2009, 21:04:41 by Thorsten Loos) Quote 
I knew he wouldn't be able to resist such an offer. Schumi is so convinced of himself, he even recently stated in an interview that he believes he could still win races with this season's car.

He's surely one of the most unsympathic drivers I've ever seen in F1 together with Alonso, but probably he will now finally get real and see that he doesn't have a chance in a car which is not far superior to the rest of the grid.

After all, the good thing is that this should increase the general public's interest for formula one again and make the sport more popular, it was really about to lose interest.
Nikhil Shah
(Group Master - 4)

India 
Certified: 
Old post #490 posted Jul 29th 2009, 21:05:19 (last edited Jul 29th 2009, 21:07:08 by Nikhil Shah) Quote 
Quote ( Sion Francis @ July 29th 2009,20:59:36 )

I rather doubt anything can harm the reputation of a 7 time world champion who holds about 95% of the records going in the sport.

He's probably biding his time to go for the oldest man to win a race record. :p

Quite true. There's not much which could harm his reputation. It's just that those tabloids will have more to talk about ....

As for the records, I think the more important record would be of totalling the wins of Prost and Senna. However, looking at the car and competition, it would be wishful thinking.

As for the news ... it just got me excited about F1 .. :) :)

EDIT: As a second thought, would the Valencia grandstands be empty because Alonso is missing or full because Schumi is returning :O
David Jundt
(Group Amateur - 15)

Switzerland 
Certified: 
Old post #491 posted Jul 29th 2009, 21:07:50 Quote 
Quote ( Thorsten Loos @ July 29th 2009,21:04:27 )

I knew he wouldn't be able to resist such an offer. Schumi is so convinced of himself, he even recently stated in an interview that he believes he could still win races with this season's car.

He's surely one of the most unsympathic drivers I've ever seen in F1 together with Alonso, but probably he will now finally get real and see that he doesn't have a chance in a car which is not far superior to the rest of the grid.

After all, the good thing is that this should increase the general public's interest for formula one again and make the sport more popular, it was really about to lose interest.

Kimi at Hungary was near to it...

But yeah, that will be hard...
Michael Hincapie
(Group Amateur - 56)

Colombia 
Certified: 
Old post #492 posted Jul 29th 2009, 21:08:56 Quote 
hes is freaking shumacher.... i am not his fan and i kinda hate him but he is the best of all.... bring montoya also :P

i think he will get point for sure and podiums.
Sagar Subhedar
(Group Amateur - 39)

India 
Certified: 
Old post #493 posted Jul 29th 2009, 21:10:13 Quote 
Quote ( Michael Hincapie @ July 29th 2009,21:08:56 )

hes is freaking shumacher.... i am not his fan and i kinda hate him but he is the best of all.... bring montoya also :P

i think he will get point for sure and podiums.

Nice idea actually..as it is Renault is gonna dump Nelson..! it wud be gr8 to see the racing all over again..!
GOOD OLD DAYS...!!!!!
Anthony Lo Vullo
(Group Amateur - 43)

Germany 
Certified: 
Old post #494 posted Jul 29th 2009, 21:10:19 Quote 
Quote ( Thorsten Loos @ July 29th 2009,21:04:27 )

So you´re one of my countrymen I could never understand. Michael was one of the greatest heroes of our country and you hate him, why?

And he only had the best cars in 2001,2002 and 2004. And still won 4 other championships when his car wasn´t superior.
William Krupa
(Group Rookie - 153)

Canada 
Certified: 
Old post #495 posted Jul 29th 2009, 21:10:42 Quote 
Quote ( Sion Francis @ July 29th 2009,20:59:36 )

uhh, no........I know someone who has just as many records as him, De Cesaris :)
Joe Manifold
(Group Rookie - 70)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #496 posted Jul 29th 2009, 21:14:20 (last edited Jul 29th 2009, 21:19:04 by Joe Manifold) Quote 
Quote ( Nigel Davis @ July 29th 2009,18:52:58 )

excellent :)

Nigel, you sound like Mr. Burns from The Simpsons... :D
Thorsten Loos
(Group Rookie - 55)

Germany 
Certified: 
Old post #497 posted Jul 29th 2009, 21:17:02 Quote 
@Anthony

I don't hate him, I just don't like his character. I was cheering for him in his first seasons, but when he shot Villeneuve off the track all my sympathy was gone. And he has proven his bad character ultiple times after that.

Just remember the race where he shot Couldhard off the track and then wanted to knock him down for being on the track when he came there with his ferrari...
AJ Cerrillo
(Group Rookie - 17)

Spain 
Certified: 
Old post #498 posted Jul 29th 2009, 21:18:28 Quote 
I was right, finally it's Michael Schumacher, LOL
David Jundt
(Group Amateur - 15)

Switzerland 
Certified: 
Old post #499 posted Jul 29th 2009, 21:18:37 Quote 
Quote ( Thorsten Loos @ July 29th 2009,21:17:02 )

Just remember the race where he shot Couldhard off the track and then wanted to knock him down for being on the track when he came there with his ferrari...

Oooooohhhh nooooooooooo, don't bring back Spa '98, please! I had that just somewhere else!

DC slowed down, Schumi didn't see it, BANG!

[/closed]
Sagar Subhedar
(Group Amateur - 39)

India 
Certified: 
Old post #500 posted Jul 29th 2009, 21:19:52 Quote 

@Anthony

I don't hate him, I just don't like his character. I was cheering for him in his first seasons, but when he shot Villeneuve off the track all my sympathy was gone. And he has proven his bad character ultiple times after that.

Everything in love,war and F1 is FARE..!!
you have to do some things if you want to stay there for a long time..!
and why are u looking at just these things..there are still loads of things which tells his GOOD CHARACTER..!!
Timothy Lord
(Group Rookie - 200)

Malta 
Certified: 
Old post #501 posted Jul 29th 2009, 21:21:59 Quote 
I only see this latest news as a desperate move on the behalf of Ferrari to try and rescue something for the Constructors Title, which has been abysmal by their own high standards.

Should Schumi dominate ( as many hope he does.... I'm not in this number ) then he could almost certainly hand the title to Button by taking the biggest share of points, and leaving those ( Vettel, Webber and maybe Rubinho ) who are chasing to pick up the lower placing points, thus making it harder to close the gap ( provided Button/Brawn can keep picking up points )
Anthony Lo Vullo
(Group Amateur - 43)

Germany 
Certified: 
Old post #502 posted Jul 29th 2009, 21:23:52 Quote 

@Anthony

Ok, but he donated so much money for charity and is an Unesco ambassador, he never had personal scandals like Boris Becker (Wäschekammer) or Franz Beckenbauer (Weihnachtsfeier), so his character can´t be that bad.

I agree that he was often borderline on the racetrack, but I really like him as a person. So humble and grateful. I know hundreds of great storys involving him.
Ivan Belic
(Group Rookie - 53)

Serbia 
Certified: 
Old post #503 posted Jul 29th 2009, 21:28:36 Quote 
about the results will have to see but isnt it good just to see him return i cant wait to see him at the age 40 driving an f1 car against 20years younger drivers and if he beats some of them hes done a good job already so i quite look forward to watch him :D
Thorsten Loos
(Group Rookie - 55)

Germany 
Certified: 
Old post #504 posted Jul 29th 2009, 21:30:49 (last edited Jul 29th 2009, 21:31:25 by Thorsten Loos) Quote 
You know charity for popular people is like cheap image improvement, I think at some point of popularity you can't afford to not be involved in some kind of charity. Every formula one driver is doing charity events every now and then, that's nothing spectacular in my opinion.

I can't judge any drivers personality as I don't know any of them in personal, all I can judge is behaviour on the track and after all, Schumacher is an arrogant cheater as a summary.

That's why he is known as "Schummel-Schumi" in germany.
Sagar Subhedar
(Group Amateur - 39)

India 
Certified: 
Old post #505 posted Jul 29th 2009, 21:39:10 Quote 
Quote ( Thorsten Loos @ July 29th 2009,21:30:49 )

You know charity for popular people is like cheap image improvement, I think at some point of popularity you can't afford to not be involved in some kind of charity. Every formula one driver is doing charity events every now and then, that's nothing spectacular in my opinion.

I can't judge any drivers personality as I don't know any of them in personal, all I can judge is behaviour on the track and after all, Schumacher is an arrogant cheater as a summary.

Sad to hear that from a GERMAN..!! He's a legend..superstar and parallel GOD for trillions of people in world..! This doesn't make his image down but tells what YOU are..! If U can not respect him u sholdn't expect that from anyone..!

"Schummel-Schumi"

wat does that mean??
David Jundt
(Group Amateur - 15)

Switzerland 
Certified: 
Old post #506 posted Jul 29th 2009, 21:42:18 Quote 
Quote ( Sagar Subhedar @ July 29th 2009,21:39:10 )

wat does that mean??

Cheating-Schumi.
Sagar Subhedar
(Group Amateur - 39)

India 
Certified: 
Old post #507 posted Jul 29th 2009, 21:42:56 Quote 
"Scuderia Ferrari Marlboro intends to put Michael Schumacher in Felipe Massa's car until the Brazilian driver will be able to race again," Ferrari confirmed in a statement.
"Michael Schumacher said he is ready and, over the next few days, will undertake a specific training programme at the end of which confirmation will be given of his participation in the championship with effect from the European Grand Prix on the 23rd of August."

courtesy :- http://www.espnstar.com/motorsport/f1/news/detail/item299508...
updated on 30th July 2009..!
David Jundt
(Group Amateur - 15)

Switzerland 
Certified: 
Old post #508 posted Jul 29th 2009, 21:45:25 Quote 

"Schummel-Schumi"

wat does that mean??

It's German, but Norbert uses the word here too:

Anthony Lo Vullo
(Group Amateur - 43)

Germany 
Certified: 
Old post #509 posted Jul 29th 2009, 21:47:22 Quote 

"Schummel-Schumi"

wat does that mean??

It means: "cheater - Schumi"

But only his opponents here call him like that :)

After all there are still a few people in Germany who love him and support him.

I think a lot of people here envy him, you know Germans can be very envy towards other succesfull and rich people.

Now everybody here likes Vettel, but when he has his model girfriend and 200 million euros one day, oppinion will change towards him.
Sagar Subhedar
(Group Amateur - 39)

India 
Certified: 
Old post #510 posted Jul 29th 2009, 21:48:13 Quote 
watta nice video..!! I didn't understand a single word but heard him saying "that" word..!
Page « 1 2 3 ... 16 [1718 ... 39 40 41 » Quick go to page:
Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Formula One forum > Massa's Replacement (Schumi / Badoer / Fisi) Add this topic to your ignore list Add this topic to your watchlist

Reply to this topic