Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Newbie forum > Newbies, introduce yourself! Add this topic to your ignore list Add this topic to your watchlist
Page « 1 2 3 ... 40 [4142 ... 51 52 53 » Quick go to page:
Author Topic: Newbies, introduce yourself! 1560 replies
Guiga Costa
(Group Rookie - 100)

Brazil 
Certified: 
Like this post (2)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #1201 posted Jul 23rd 2019, 21:56:33 Quote 
Quote ( Glenn Gyllin @ July 18th 2019,11:49:09 )

Hi all! :)

I played this game for a short while 10 years ago and decided it was time for a comeback. Seems like the game has not changed dramatically but I have no saved data so will start with a blank Excel sheet.

My first main goal is to promote to the Amateur-level in the end of season 73.

Good luck to everyone!

can u share that sheet?
Grégory Niset
(Group Rookie - 79)

Belgium 
Certified: 
Old post #1202 posted Jul 25th 2019, 12:03:20 Quote 
Hello, je suis nouveau dans le jeux qui m'a l'air très complet.
Je viens de Belgique.
Bonne journée à tous.
Grégory Niset
(Group Rookie - 79)

Belgium 
Certified: 
Like this post (3)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #1203 posted Jul 25th 2019, 12:09:23 Quote 
Quote ( Grégory Niset @ July 25th 2019,12:03:20 )

Hello, I am new to the game which looks very complete.
I come from Belgium.
Have a lovely day everybody.

Andrew Gracey
(Group Rookie - 99)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #1204 posted Aug 29th 2019, 08:23:35 Quote 
Good morning everyone.

Names Andy from sunny UK. Big formula 1 fan and have the pleasure of working for a Carbon Fibre company that supplies many of the Formula 1 teams with parts. McLaren have always been my favorite team and good to see them getting back in the fight.

Started my account R7 last season, spent 10 mins on the game and then life sent me swerve ball and didnt return until R17 last season. Read the wiki front to back, read a large part of this forum (taking up several hours of my work time lol) and qualified in 5th, finishing the race in 6th (after having to pit on my last lap for fuel grrr).

Managing so far to be holding P3 from 9 in qualifying in my rookie group for spa.

My goals for S72 are to finish the season in profit, collect my data from every race and challenge for promotion to Ama at the end of S73. If the racing gods favour me and looking like promo at that end of this season I will probably sandbag in order to remain rookie, something tells me that would be wise.

Look forward to racing with you all and sucking up that turbulent air from your wings.

Neil Hoskins
(Group Rookie - 44)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #1205 posted Sep 7th 2019, 18:30:54 Quote 
Hey everyone. I'm Neil from Wales in the UK (haven't worked out how to change the flag yet). I believe I played this game for a few years a while ago in a previous format for some years, and it now looks like it has undergone a bit of an overhaul, so I have immediately donated some cash to support that. Looking forward to finding my feet again and almost certainly making some rookie errors.

See you all on the track
Florencia Caro
(Group Pro - 18)

GPRO Crew
Argentina 
Certified: 
Like this post (1)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #1206 posted Sep 7th 2019, 18:46:39 (last edited Sep 7th 2019, 18:50:03 by Florencia Caro) Quote 
Welcome aboard Neil. I changed your flag, so no need to do anything further.

Game is over 10 years old, so it's possible you played years ago. Any memories from back then? :)
Neil Hoskins
(Group Rookie - 44)

Wales 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #1207 posted Sep 7th 2019, 18:51:14 Quote 
Quote ( Florencia Caro @ September 7th 2019,18:46:39 )

Welcome aboard Neil. I changed your flag, so no need to do anything further.

Game is over 10 years old, so it's possible you played years ago. Any memories of back then? :)

Hi Florencia, thank you very much, I appreciate that.

Yeah, I remember not doing so good for quite a while, and then it all started to come good and I picked up fairly regular wins and podiums. The game was in real need of an update, so I kind of drifted away from it. Looks like it has now had that upgrade, and I'm looking forward to getting involved once again. Hopefully it won't take me so long to get to grips with it this time :-)
Max Kofler
(Group Rookie - 7)

Poland 
Certified: 
Old post #1208 posted Sep 7th 2019, 19:20:30 Quote 
Hello, my name is Mariusz (Max is my nickname) and Im from Poland. Ive started playing this game recently and I liked it. For 2 years Im a soldier in polish land army but my occupation is land engineer. Im a fan of Robert Kubica and my national football team .
Greetings from rainy Poland!
Elizabeth Mills
(Group Rookie - 147)

England 
Certified: 
Like this post (13)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #1209 posted Sep 9th 2019, 23:24:28 Quote 
Hi everyone

My name is Lizzie, and I live in the UK. I am a granny, enjoying the last years of my life, and trying to stay active, in mind if not in body.

I am so old that I remember when motor racing was called Motor Racing, and people like Graham Hill, John Surtees, Jack Brabham and Stirling Moss were the drivers. I haven't played any F1 games before, but I enjoy playing Online Cricket Manager games. GPRO looks really good, and I look forward to learning and playing a real part in the game and the community.
Steve Branson
(Group Rookie - 32)

Canada 
Certified: 
Old post #1210 posted Sep 10th 2019, 04:25:22 Quote 
Quote ( Elizabeth Mills @ September 9th 2019,23:24:28 )

I am so old that I remember when motor racing was called Motor Racing, and people like Graham Hill, John Surtees, Jack Brabham and Stirling Moss were the drivers.

Welcome Lizzie. You should fit right in; this game seems to attract a lot of geezers like myself. It is not hard to find quite a few players in the 60+ bracket here.

Craig Blundell
(Group Rookie - 57)

Australia 
Certified: 
Old post #1211 posted Sep 10th 2019, 07:22:54 Quote 
gday newbie hope i do well of cause assie that likes car racing chears all

Tom Smith
(Group Rookie - 186)

Hungary 
Certified: 
Old post #1212 posted Sep 15th 2019, 16:08:18 Quote 
Good day racing fans!

I'm Tom, a Brit in Hungary and I just arrived.

Managed to avoid last spot in my first race, and hoping for a better showing in my second.

Will take my certification sometime, before then i want to get a feel for the game.

So far, it seems like I need money to progress. So I guess I need to replace my driver with a more charismatic one to attract those sponsors. As I'm unlikely to finish high up in the rankings without a cash injection to spend on the car!

But maybe I'm wrong! Let's see.

Here's to many long races.
Robert Lee
(Group Amateur - 32)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #1213 posted Sep 15th 2019, 16:28:35 (last edited Sep 15th 2019, 16:35:18 by Robert Lee) Quote 
Quote ( Tom Smith @ September 15th 2019,16:08:18 )

Good day racing fans!

Managed to avoid last spot in my first race, and hoping for a better showing in my second.

Will take my certification sometime, before then i want to get a feel for the game.

So far, it seems like I need money to progress. So I guess I need to replace my driver with a more charismatic one to attract those sponsors. As I'm unlikely to finish high up in the rankings without a cash injection to spend on the car!

in my opinion the lower charisma the better as the boost to sponsors isn't worth it, especially if you recruit a young driver.

I would suggest looking at 3 attributes, Concentration, Talent ( in case it rains, this is also untrainable) and Experience.

Also, WELCOME!!
Florencia Caro
(Group Pro - 18)

GPRO Crew
Argentina 
Certified: 
Old post #1214 posted Sep 15th 2019, 16:36:09 Quote 
Welcome to Max, Lizzie, Steve, Tom and the not so new anymore Craig.

Those who'd like to have some company and advice during your first steps, don't miss Mentor Forum: /forum/ViewTopic.asp?TopicId=20521#scroll

Don't be shy and use the newbie forum too. There's a lot to learn starting from forum search, tutorials and guides too.
Luc Segers
(Group Rookie - 99)

Belgium 
Certified: 
Old post #1215 posted Sep 15th 2019, 19:32:16 Quote 
hello, i am old new here, back after some time.
Florencia Caro
(Group Pro - 18)

GPRO Crew
Argentina 
Certified: 
Old post #1216 posted Sep 15th 2019, 20:00:24 Quote 
The one and only Jimmy Winter :)
Tom Smith
(Group Rookie - 186)

Hungary 
Certified: 
Old post #1217 posted Sep 15th 2019, 20:42:05 Quote 
Quote ( Robert Lee @ September 15th 2019,16:28:35 )

Quote ( Tom Smith @ September 15th 2019,16:08:18 )

Good day racing fans!

in my opinion the lower charisma the better as the boost to sponsors isn't worth it, especially if you recruit a young driver.

I would suggest looking at 3 attributes, Concentration, Talent ( in case it rains, this is also untrainable) and Experience.

Also, WELCOME!!

OK, thanks :) I'll just get someone better, then. But maybe not yet... Wait until this guy's contract is up first to save money to spend on the car!
Luc Segers
(Group Rookie - 99)

Belgium 
Certified: 
Old post #1218 posted Sep 15th 2019, 22:50:56 (last edited Sep 15th 2019, 22:51:50 by Luc Segers) Quote 
Quote ( Florencia Caro @ September 15th 2019,20:00:24 )

The one and only Jimmy Winter :)
Thanks for remembering me
Chris Shaw
(Group Amateur - 48)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #1219 posted Sep 16th 2019, 01:29:12 Quote 
Quote ( Elizabeth Mills @ September 9th 2019,23:24:28 )

Hi everyone

My name is Lizzie, and I live in the UK. I am a granny, enjoying the last years of my life, and trying to stay active, in mind if not in body.

I am so old that I remember when motor racing was called Motor Racing, and people like Graham Hill, John Surtees, Jack Brabham and Stirling Moss were the drivers. I haven't played any F1 games before, but I enjoy playing Online Cricket Manager games. GPRO looks really good, and I look forward to learning and playing a real part in the game and the community.

Welcome Lizzie, hopefully you will proove the phrase "my grandma could go faster than that". This game is a head scratcher, and you will need patience and a keen eye for spotting trends. It'd be great to see someone older showing the kids how it's done, good luck!
Anthony Palmer
(Group Rookie - 16)

Netherlands 
Certified: 
Old post #1220 posted Oct 4th 2019, 15:32:16 Quote 
Hi everyone,

My name is Rondell. I`m new here and i`ve always been a racing fan and im so glad that i was able to find a community like this
Elizabeth Mills
(Group Rookie - 147)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #1221 posted Oct 4th 2019, 15:45:13 Quote 
Hey Rondell, welcome from another newb. I can say with confidence that attention to detail pays off, so good luck.

Also, thanks to Florencia and Chris for your kind welcome messages to me.

Anthony Palmer
(Group Rookie - 16)

Netherlands 
Certified: 
Old post #1222 posted Oct 4th 2019, 16:57:09 Quote 
Thank you for your kind welcome
Marius Bosman
(Group Rookie - 114)

South Africa 
Certified: 
Old post #1223 posted Oct 26th 2019, 16:17:39 Quote 
Hi! I am new here, done 6 races best finish 10th so can"t wait for new season to start and give it a full go :)
Kyle Meade
(Group Rookie - 121)

United States 
Certified: 
Old post #1224 posted Nov 9th 2019, 06:34:04 Quote 
Hello! I am new here and in my two races I have done, I have finished top 10-15 and I am Excited to see what a full season is like!
Ondrej Kočiš
(Group Rookie - 54)

Slovakia 
Certified: 
Old post #1225 posted Nov 10th 2019, 19:32:30 Quote 
Hi, I want to ask, how can I replace a team leader when I am last
Warren Mclaughlin
(Group Rookie - 135)

Australia 
Certified: 
Old post #1226 posted Nov 16th 2019, 23:16:22 Quote 
greetings GPRO racers, I am Warren Mclaughlin from Australia, first time here, thought I would give it a spin, see you track side...
Wladimir Acevedo
(Group Amateur - 58)

Venezuela 
Certified: 
Old post #1227 posted Nov 17th 2019, 00:34:07 Quote 
Hello drivers, my name is Wlad Acevedo, I am from Venezuela, it is my first season in Amateur and I would appreciate any advice to improve, a hug and my respect, successful and continue running.
Benjamin Amado
(Group Rookie - 22)

Spain 
Certified: 
Old post #1228 posted Dec 3rd 2019, 19:10:15 Quote 
Hello guys, my name is Benjamin and im spanish. im newbie, its my first day here!
Josh Clark
(Group Pro - 23)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #1229 posted Dec 3rd 2019, 19:17:51 Quote 
Welcome Benjamin, congrats on your qualifying for the first race. Enjoy it :)
Benjamin Amado
(Group Rookie - 22)

Spain 
Certified: 
Old post #1230 posted Dec 3rd 2019, 22:00:16 Quote 
Quote ( Josh Clark @ December 3rd 2019,19:17:51 )

Welcome Benjamin, congrats on your qualifying for the first race. Enjoy it :)

Thank you very much, but the race took a toll on me being a rookie ... I started with the rain and entered the pit without filling more gasoline at that same stop ... Even so, I took the 2nd best mark of the race, I'm not going quite angry :/
Page « 1 2 3 ... 40 [4142 ... 51 52 53 » Quick go to page:
Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Newbie forum > Newbies, introduce yourself! Add this topic to your ignore list Add this topic to your watchlist

Reply to this topic