Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Newbie forum > New comer survival guide to GPRO Add this topic to your ignore list Add this topic to your watchlist
Page « 1 2 [34 ... 16 17 18 » Quick go to page:
Author Topic: New comer survival guide to GPRO 538 replies
Ron Lefebvre
(Group Amateur - 53)

Canada 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #61 posted Jan 10th 2012, 02:43:34 Quote 
Cesar If you read, very carefuly all that is posted for all players, the Game rules, F.A.Q. WIKI, Newbie Guide and both forum posts by Mark Webster and Serge Girard. There are alot of basic tips and ideas to help you to understand how to play this game, and have fun at the same time....
Dimitris Koulin
(Group Rookie - 161)

Greece 
Certified: 
Like this post (1)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #62 posted Jan 14th 2012, 13:42:59 Quote 
thanx a lot Serge .. you are like hero in my eyes ... this topic realy helps new managers !!! and i was wondering what am i doing wrong ..... and answer was .... everything !
Martin Warnett
(Group Amateur - 37)

Wales 
Certified: 
Like this post (2)   Dislike this post (1)
Old post #63 posted Jan 14th 2012, 14:10:45 Quote 
Mixed feelings on this.

Many people have learnt about the game - learning from their own mistakes. You learn more that way than simply by following a guide because working out and understanding why you've gone wrong is always more effective.

Equally, the biggest problem for me is evident in chat during races. "Will my fuel last". "Why have I made so many stops". "How many positions get points".

The first is down to basic data analysis over time, for the current race simply watch it and take careful note of the fuel percentage figure each lap. Guesstimate that way.

The second is often down to simply not applying common sense. Yes, you only need 10L of fuel, extra softs for a 2 stop in 40 degreee heat.

The third is down to simple laziness. Can't be bothered searching? Can't be bothered reading info made directly available on the site? Just ask and hope you get the answer.

What it really boils down to for me is that you get managers unable and unwilling to do any form of research into the game - not looking up info. Not reading guides, not reading FAQ. Unwilling to *try* different things out and evaluate the effect.

So the whole ethos has become "get into a team, apply what teams have already uncovered". Do X. Do Y. Don't need to understand why you're doing X or why you're doing Y. Just do them.

If things are made a lot easier at rookie level, it encourages new managers to spend less time thinking for themselves. That's not going to help them long term especially at higher levels.

TL;DR version.

Too much help at a level where really only basic analysis / research is needed can handicap managers relying on that help from really working at the game and progressing.
Jed Lilly
(Group Amateur - 42)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #64 posted Jan 14th 2012, 14:17:43 Quote 
Quote ( Martin Warnett @ January 14th 2012,14:10:45 )

Equally, the biggest problem for me is evident in chat during races. "Will my fuel last". "Why have I made so many stops". "How many positions get points".

Most of those people are in their first season though, they have no data because they have no friends with benefits so ask the same questions every time a new batch of new players is approved.

Martin Warnett
(Group Amateur - 37)

Wales 
Certified: 
Like this post (2)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #65 posted Jan 14th 2012, 14:37:28 Quote 
Quote ( Jed Lilly @ January 14th 2012,14:17:43 )

Quote ( Martin Warnett @ January 14th 2012,14:10:45 )

Most of those people are in their first season though, they have no data because they have no friends with benefits so ask the same questions every time a new batch of new players is approved.

The examples I gave though don't need extensive data or analysis.

The first, you've got the percentage fuel left showing. Kepe an eye on that during the race, you'll have the answer.

Second again is common sense. When it's stated in GPRO provided info no race would reasonably go more than 280L, then slapping 20L shows no rudimentary thinking. Same with extra soft tyres in high temperatures. Common sense again shows you'll not get the same tyre wear across compounds - if you did, everyone would simply use extra softs every time.

The third was just simple reading.

Is the game data centric, maybe overly so? Sure, I'd not argue otherwise. I don't see that anybody would ever go, as a brand spanking new manager, from rookie to elite without joining a good, well established team with plenty of data, tools.

That's irrelevant at a rookie level for new managers though. If you're new to the game, want the instant "cheat formulas" to zomg zoom zoom zoom, then this isn't the game. If people don't want to put effort into developing their knowledge, putting effort into analysis data they do gain and thinking about how things work, why should others who have done so help them?

There's a massive difference betwwen someone approaching an established manager saying "I've looked atmy data, think there's a correlation between skill X and lap times, am I along the rights lines" and asking "Can you tell me how skill X affects lao times".

The first indicates that the person has at least put some effort in.
Serge Girard
(Group Amateur - 22)

Canada 
Certified: 
Old post #66 posted Jan 15th 2012, 05:31:21 Quote 
Can't argue with what you are saying Martin. The game is data centric, people are better off trying to understand what they are doing than be looking for a magic wand and no matter what we say, some people will keep doing the latter.

However, I think most people are really trying. They might need some pointers though. That's what we are trying to do here. Hope you will be with us.
Himanish Shekhar Das
(Group Rookie - 68)

India 
Certified: 
Old post #67 posted Mar 21st 2012, 08:19:20 Quote 
I do have a question.......here its been said that no one fron rookie group can have more than overall 85 driver.but at the start of the season some guys are having 92 overall and i dont have why????????????????????????????????????
Ajinkya Gokhale
(Group Pro - 8)

India 
Certified: 
Old post #68 posted Mar 21st 2012, 08:20:43 Quote 
well thats is right rookie driver limit is 85...but once that is reached, you can increase the OA without any restrictions...these guys have just made it true so u see them with a driver OA more than 85
Himanish Shekhar Das
(Group Rookie - 68)

India 
Certified: 
Old post #69 posted Mar 21st 2012, 08:29:18 Quote 
how to increase the oA of a driver and yesterday was the 1st race of neew season, i came 2nd and the guy came 4th he has the driver with OA 92..at the start how??because the game filters at the start????????
Daniel Bassett
(Group Rookie - 169)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #70 posted Mar 21st 2012, 08:33:58 Quote 
Quote ( Himanish Shekhar Das @ March 21st 2012,08:29:18 )

how to increase the oA of a driver and yesterday was the 1st race of neew season, i came 2nd and the guy came 4th he has the driver with OA 92..at the start how??because the game filters at the start?
It changed in the post race update last night.
Erkki Tempel
(Group Master - 3)

Estonia 
Certified: 
Old post #71 posted Mar 21st 2012, 08:36:50 Quote 
Quote ( Himanish Shekhar Das @ March 21st 2012,08:29:18 )

how to increase the oA of a driver and yesterday was the 1st race of neew season, i came 2nd and the guy came 4th he has the driver with OA 92..at the start how??because the game filters at the start????????

You can always train your driver... even before first race and increase OA
Himanish Shekhar Das
(Group Rookie - 68)

India 
Certified: 
Old post #72 posted Mar 21st 2012, 08:37:04 Quote 
nope it still shows some guyz are havig 92 ,91 & 93 ov drivers
Erkki Tempel
(Group Master - 3)

Estonia 
Certified: 
Old post #73 posted Mar 21st 2012, 08:40:38 Quote 
Quote ( Himanish Shekhar Das @ March 21st 2012,08:37:04 )

nope it still shows some guyz are havig 92 ,91 & 93 ov drivers

Because you can train your driver. You can't hire driver higher then 85 OA (or right after season reset your driver OA can't be higher then 85). But after reset is happened, you can train your driver and increase OA as much you can.

Mattias Svensson
(Group Amateur - 56)

Sweden 
Certified: 
Old post #74 posted Mar 21st 2012, 08:54:37 Quote 
If you find it unrealistic that training would take OA from 85 to 92 before the first race, you are right. If you have a look at driver skills history you will find 4 different things that affects driver stats.

*Season reset
*Training
*Contract
*Race
Jon Day
(Group Amateur - 6)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #75 posted Mar 21st 2012, 11:53:13 (last edited Mar 21st 2012, 11:56:10 by Jon Day) Quote 
Quote ( Serge Girard @ November 2nd 2011,21:27:05 )

When your get certified, you show that you care about the game, that you understand that it requires a lot of learning and that you are willing to do your part. Then, when you ask for help, you run a better chance to have you call answered.
What? Whilst I think the rest of the guide is pretty good, I personally think this paragraph is total cr@p. I would have thought becoming a supporter would show you "care" more about the game. although this is debatable.
Never when someone has asked me for help have I checked to see if that person is a supporter or not, I would imagine most people do the same.

Just out of interest Serge what do you mean by "willing to do your part"?
Luke Frost
(Group Rookie - 246)

Australia 
Certified: 
Old post #76 posted Mar 21st 2012, 12:04:53 (last edited Mar 21st 2012, 12:17:28 by Luke Frost) Quote 
Oh steady on there rapscallion, I believe the young lad wasn't quite revelling in such hypocrisy, indeed pondering reputation.

Take it from me, the most loved forum user in GPRO right now, it's important. :P
Jon Day
(Group Amateur - 6)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #77 posted Mar 21st 2012, 12:06:27 Quote 
Quote ( Luke Frost @ March 21st 2012,12:04:53 )

Take it from me, the most loved forum user in GPRO right now, it's important. :P
lol. Then I stand corrected :)
Michael Winkley
(Group Master - 4)

Wales 
Certified: 
Old post #78 posted Mar 21st 2012, 12:43:02 Quote 
Who is the most successful manager not to have passed the Cert test?
Jed Lilly
(Group Amateur - 42)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #79 posted Mar 21st 2012, 12:43:51 Quote 
Quote ( Michael Winkley @ March 21st 2012,12:43:02 )

Jon Day
Sion Francis
(Group Amateur - 22)

Wales 
Certified: 
Old post #80 posted Mar 21st 2012, 12:47:18 Quote 
Quote ( Michael Winkley @ March 21st 2012,12:43:02 )

Petar Totev?
Serge Girard
(Group Amateur - 22)

Canada 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (4)
Old post #81 posted Mar 21st 2012, 12:51:38 Quote 
Take into context. I was talking about new players and ways to show they did their homework before asking for help.

I did not say that passing the certification test was a must.

And I did not say that old farts that never passed it did not care about the game. ;p
Jon Day
(Group Amateur - 6)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #82 posted Mar 21st 2012, 14:22:35 Quote 
Quote ( Serge Girard @ March 21st 2012,12:51:38 )

And I did not say that old farts that never passed it did not care about the game. ;p
pfft, Ive been called far worse than that. :(
Quote ( Jed Lilly @ March 21st 2012,12:43:51 )

Jon Day
Oh dear!! every reason to take the test then. :D
Himanish Shekhar Das
(Group Rookie - 68)

India 
Certified: 
Old post #83 posted Mar 22nd 2012, 15:12:12 Quote 
Engine: Try to favor a bit more the low revs....what does this mean??
Santtu Sara
(Group Rookie - 257)

Finland 
Certified: 
Old post #84 posted Mar 22nd 2012, 15:12:55 Quote 
Quote ( Himanish Shekhar Das @ March 22nd 2012,15:12:12 )

Put a lower number in the engine setup :)
Himanish Shekhar Das
(Group Rookie - 68)

India 
Certified: 
Old post #85 posted Mar 22nd 2012, 15:14:50 Quote 
Thanx Sara
Sean Storteboom
(Group Rookie - 256)

Canada 
Certified: 
Old post #86 posted Mar 23rd 2012, 02:56:54 Quote 
I am as Green a rookie as they come...got my certification on my 3rd try 'cuz i took the time to read EVERYTHING I could on this site, I have a pen and paper to collect data and LOVE the help this guide gave me...thanks!
Keri Lovell
(Group Elite)

Wales 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (1)
Old post #87 posted Mar 23rd 2012, 03:38:44 Quote 
Quote ( Sean Storteboom @ March 23rd 2012,02:56:54 )

I am as Green a rookie as they come...got my certification on my 3rd try 'cuz i took the time to read EVERYTHING I could on this site, I have a pen and paper to collect data and LOVE the help this guide gave me...thanks!

Awesome, welcome to the game :-)
Serge Girard
(Group Amateur - 22)

Canada 
Certified: 
Old post #88 posted Mar 23rd 2012, 04:52:56 Quote 
Glad it helped. Welcome to the game and lots of fun to you.
Kevin Faber
(Group Amateur - 1)

Canada 
Certified: 
Like this post (1)   Dislike this post (3)
Old post #89 posted Mar 23rd 2012, 06:29:46 Quote 
Quote ( Himanish Shekhar Das @ March 22nd 2012,15:12:12 )

You're going to take a 10-gridspot penalty for an engine change. ;p
Himanish Shekhar Das
(Group Rookie - 68)

India 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (1)
Old post #90 posted Mar 23rd 2012, 22:52:52 Quote 
Q1. How to increase the motivation of the driver ( which type of training should i use ) ???

Q2. what is the staff training to increase the staff motivation ??

Q3. what type of training should i use to increase the OA of my driver??
Page « 1 2 [34 ... 16 17 18 » Quick go to page:
Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Newbie forum > New comer survival guide to GPRO Add this topic to your ignore list Add this topic to your watchlist

Reply to this topic