Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Newbie forum > New comer survival guide to GPRO Add this topic to your ignore list Add this topic to your watchlist
Page « 1 2 3 ... 15 [1617 18 » Quick go to page:
Author Topic: New comer survival guide to GPRO 538 replies
Jukka Sireni2
(Group Elite)

GPRO Crew
Finland 
Certified: 
Like this post (2)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #451 posted Apr 19th 2016, 23:21:57 Quote 
Testing can be used, but the track and conditions are different. Also the formulae in testing may be different compared to race. Practice sessions won't help you in fuel consumption or tyre wear. But you may get help about how big pace differences there are between tyres.
Chris Prinsloo
(Group Rookie - 22)

South Africa 
Certified: 
Like this post (2)   Dislike this post (1)
Old post #452 posted Apr 20th 2016, 00:05:38 Quote 
Did a few test runs now, but damn, that puts some hectic wear on parts.lol. Luckily I made 7 mil from the race tonight, so I replaced 3 parts (1 x 91% wear, 1 x 80% wear, and 1 x 70% wear).

But it's the first time I'm using testing, EVER. Never looked into it when I played way back then. I misread the whole "testing" section. I thought it would cost 1 mil for every stint I do. lol. Luckily not.

Now for the wait, to see how the test points convert.
Emy Highdouk
(Group Rookie - 302)

Belgium 
Certified: 
Like this post (1)   Dislike this post (1)
Old post #453 posted Apr 22nd 2016, 17:17:40 Quote 
Im tired of this game. This is my second season here. The first one was very nice with my driver winni9ng 1 time and finish the season in 5th....but second season (this one) i got only 2 pts...how is this possible ? Can somebody explain this to me ?
Fernando Garcia
(Group Rookie - 69)

Brazil 
Certified: 
Old post #454 posted Apr 22nd 2016, 17:27:34 Quote 
At least you won a race lol. I've never won a race, not even on my former acc back in 2012~2013... And I've had chances before, man. Everytime I was supposed to accomplish a podium finish or even a victory, I had a bad random to destroy my hopes. It's like the Gpro universe doesn't want me to succeed, yet, I persist. :P

If you ain't doing so well, then you obviously have an issue somewhere. Maybe a weak driver? A bad strategy? How about a 'weak' car compared to the competition? Maybe all of those plus lack of knowledge regarding the game mechanics.

Regardless, you gotta be patient, mate. Observe the patterns and you'll realize the possible mistakes. Patience is a virtue.
Martti Kaasik
(Group Amateur - 1)

Estonia 
Certified: 
Like this post (3)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #455 posted Apr 22nd 2016, 18:48:39 Quote 
Usually in rookie it is easier to win than in higher and full groups. Look in to mentor forum for a mentor or try to get in to some team. And try to think what is different from last season. Did you change the driver? What skills did he have.
You can read a lot of info also from game rules Newbie guide and wiki. You an also PM me with more detailed question as I have been mentor before I could teak a look and help you a bit.
Dylan Campbell
(Group Amateur - 47)

United States 
Certified: 
Old post #456 posted Apr 22nd 2016, 19:28:39 Quote 
Quote ( Emy Highdouk @ April 22nd 2016,17:17:40 )

Im tired of this game. This is my second season here. The first one was very nice with my driver winni9ng 1 time and finish the season in 5th....but second season (this one) i got only 2 pts...how is this possible ? Can somebody explain this to me ?

In rookie, the driver can make a big difference. I encourage you to test out different drivers with different stats and try to get a feel for what stats you should try to go for. Or, if you see someone constantly qualifying at the top, take a look at their driver when you can. There's also the 'Finding a driver' guide for new players here: /gb/forum/ViewTopic.asp?TopicId=20000&PostId=2342649#post2342649

This game is awesome fun, especially at the higher levels outside of rookie. Don't give up just yet. :)
Emy Highdouk
(Group Rookie - 302)

Belgium 
Certified: 
Like this post (1)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #457 posted Apr 30th 2016, 08:35:40 Quote 
Thx for help mates. I'll study more driver's guide :)
Ignacio Belatti
(Group Rookie - 258)

Argentina 
Certified: 
Old post #458 posted May 5th 2016, 15:39:08 Quote 
Quote ( Michael Monaco @ April 19th 2016,17:11:04 )

3) set up next season. Some things don't reset, so you could start next season with your best foot forward.

what does not reset????
Ahmet Sonverdi
(Group Amateur - 55)

Turkey 
Certified: 
Old post #459 posted May 5th 2016, 15:47:45 Quote 
Quote ( Ignacio Belatti @ May 5th 2016,15:39:08 )

what does not reset????

I'm sure you can find it with a little more searching the forums ;) If you cant, just shoot me a pm :)
Jordy Battello
(Group Rookie - 317)

Belgium 
Certified: 
Old post #460 posted May 16th 2016, 11:38:33 Quote 
EMy Mike your learning THE game everybody else Will Inprove too à driver tip i can give is iff you know you don't prompte to amateur nu THE last gewoon races in rookte buy à driver doe low salary Every race butt high premie for signing look at me starters pole last race fastest lap and win with one lap ahead of THE number 2
Peter Steiner
(Group Rookie - 112)

Germany 
Certified: 
Old post #461 posted May 28th 2016, 19:59:48 Quote 
Hi gyus i have a quation.
What is the cup in this game and how does it works?
Frederik Broux
(Group Amateur - 10)

Belgium 
Certified: 
Old post #462 posted May 28th 2016, 20:08:39 Quote 
After 2 races the top 32 of your division go to the first round of the cup. In the next 3 races you battle with your opponent for advancing to the next round. The next 3 races you battle against another opponent and so on. You get some money if you win your cup duel.
Mark Wright
(Group Pro - 19)

Scotland 
Certified: 
Old post #463 posted May 28th 2016, 20:13:19 Quote 
Go to Season Standings in the front office page and the standings are on the tab on the bottom right ;)

Good luck!
Peter Steiner
(Group Rookie - 112)

Germany 
Certified: 
Old post #464 posted May 29th 2016, 02:14:51 Quote 
oh ok thank you.
So if I have a better position than my opponent in the end of the race, I get one point?
And I reach the next round always after three races if I have more points than my opponent?
Sorry I don´t understand it... :/ Thank you!
Michael Winkley
(Group Pro - 12)

Wales 
Certified: 
Like this post (3)   Dislike this post (1)
Old post #465 posted May 29th 2016, 08:11:54 Quote 
It is basically a head to head over three races. You must finish ahead of your cup opponent in at least two of the three races to make the next round. You get a small financial reward for getting through.
Felipe Bello
(Group Rookie - 315)

Venezuela 
Certified: 
Old post #466 posted May 29th 2016, 23:28:34 Quote 
Hello! please I don´t understand, I am on my third race, I´m trying to qualify and after I did my 8 laps of practice, I don´t get see the Qualy 1 option and when I go to qualy 2 it says that qualy 1 is needed... These didn´t happen on my first two races.
What should I do?
Thank you in advance!
Jody Parker
(Group Amateur - 3)

England 
Certified: 
Like this post (4)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #467 posted May 29th 2016, 23:36:03 Quote 
You have to check the radio button, the round checkable button, that denominates, sets, Qualify lap instead of Practice lap.
Felipe Bello
(Group Rookie - 315)

Venezuela 
Certified: 
Old post #468 posted May 30th 2016, 23:59:06 Quote 
Thank you Jody! Just after I Post the question went back and I saw the button...
my mistake! but big thanks anyway!
John Euer
(Group Rookie - 76)

United States 
Certified: 
Old post #469 posted Sep 15th 2016, 18:30:24 Quote 
I can't download the excel version of the driver market. I tried opening it with Microsoft Excel, and Google Sheets but it still won't open, it is telling me that the file type isn't recognized. Am I suppose to convert the file type to a different file type?
Robin Goodey
(Group Master - 4)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #470 posted Sep 15th 2016, 18:32:26 Quote 
You have to unzip the file with Winzip / winrar etc first.
John Euer
(Group Rookie - 76)

United States 
Certified: 
Old post #471 posted Sep 15th 2016, 19:48:05 Quote 
Thanks
Jon Day
(Group Rookie - 5)

England 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #472 posted Sep 15th 2016, 20:34:42 (last edited Sep 15th 2016, 20:35:07 by Jon Day) Quote 
Quote ( Robin Goodey @ September 15th 2016,18:32:26 )

You have to unzip the file with Winzip / winrar etc first.
Yep, thats what I was going to say. ;-)
Peter Steiner
(Group Rookie - 112)

Germany 
Certified: 
Old post #473 posted Oct 1st 2016, 11:03:21 Quote 
Hello guys,

I have one question.
I qualify always as first, second or third.
But after one lap, I always lose a lot of positions and I am on position nine...
So every time my start is so bad!
Why is my start always so bad...?

Thank you
Robin Goodey
(Group Master - 4)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #474 posted Oct 1st 2016, 11:10:32 Quote 
What start risks have you got set? (Force to front, overtake, maintain or avoid trouble)
THose risks are from highest to lowest - so you have more chance of staying at (or getting to) the front with the first couple - but also more chance of a big error / crash, while the 3rd and 4th ones are the safer, but slower options.

There is a random element in there too - so you can't just assume force to front = good start.....
Andy Guy
(Group Amateur - 80)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #475 posted Oct 1st 2016, 11:20:53 Quote 
Quote ( Peter Steiner @ October 1st 2016,11:03:21 )

Hello guys,

I have one question.
I qualify always as first, second or third.
But after one lap, I always lose a lot of positions and I am on position nine...
So every time my start is so bad!
Why is my start always so bad...?

Thank you

The start will be like pushing an elephant up a hill. Have a look at your driver
Daniel Douglas
(Group Master - 4)

United States 
Certified: 
Old post #476 posted Oct 1st 2016, 11:23:17 Quote 
It could also be the CT risks others are taking. In reality it is likely a combination of things.

do you find yourself being faster in qualifying but slower in the race? This could be either driver stats or... more likely: others pushing harder than you.

If you are getting passed by people who are equal to your pace or slower during the race, that is start risks.... but if they are faster in race but slower in qualifying... that is probably them pushing harder.
Stewart Taylor
(Group Rookie - 135)

Scotland 
Certified: 
Like this post (5)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #477 posted Jul 26th 2017, 21:18:51 Quote 
"So, this is your first season. You are very excited about the game. You want to know everything there is to know and you want to know it now.

Of course, you want to win on your very first race. After all, you have been playing games for years, either on the web or on your computer or on your console. You are a fan of Formula One and there is no way anyone can beat you, right?"

It was as if you know me personally and have just read my mind!

The guide was a great read. Very nicely written.
Cheers
Diogo Abdalla
(Group Rookie - 127)

Brazil 
Certified: 
Old post #478 posted May 7th 2018, 22:33:56 Quote 
Why I can choose only Extra Soft or Rain tyres for qualify 2 and the race itself?

It is because Ive chosen Extra Soft for qualify 1? I cant use a set for qualify 1 and then another for qualify 2 and the race?
Stuart Foster
(Group Amateur - 49)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #479 posted May 7th 2018, 22:39:50 (last edited May 7th 2018, 22:41:46 by Stuart Foster) Quote 
The only 'dry' tyre you can choose after Q1 is the one you selected mate.

So, if you chose XS in Q1, you can only use that dry tyre (or rains) for the rest of your strategy (Q2 and race). Rain is always an option there in case there is rain in Q2 or expected rain at the start of a race.

Good luck with the game - lesson number 1 : XS tyres are not always the way to go. Keep it in mind buddy :) We all did this at the start of our careers tho :)
Diogo Abdalla
(Group Rookie - 127)

Brazil 
Certified: 
Old post #480 posted May 7th 2018, 22:45:23 (last edited May 7th 2018, 22:54:28 by Diogo Abdalla) Quote 
yeah, I learned that by experience, Ive been always using XS so Im always doing too many pit stops.

This race I was going with soft or medium but then Im dumb and didnt knew I had to keep the tyre from Q1

Thank you a lot

edit: thats probably why Im doing so good in qualify too, got like 3 poles in a row
Page « 1 2 3 ... 15 [1617 18 » Quick go to page:
Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Newbie forum > New comer survival guide to GPRO Add this topic to your ignore list Add this topic to your watchlist

Reply to this topic