Page « 1 2 3 ... 68 [6970 ... 191 192 193 » Quick go to page:
Author Topic: Suggestions 5783 replies
Robin Goodey
(Group Elite)

England 
Certified: 
Like this post (3)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #2041 posted Jan 25th 2017, 11:53:41 Quote 
Just a very small suggestion - in the group cup standings, why are friends not coloured green on there, when they are just about everywhere else?

Could we have them coloured please?
Stuart Foster
(Group Pro - 17)

England 
Certified: 
Like this post (1)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #2042 posted Jan 25th 2017, 16:59:56 (last edited Jan 25th 2017, 17:00:04 by Stuart Foster) Quote 
You have friends in Elite? xD
Robin Goodey
(Group Elite)

England 
Certified: 
Like this post (2)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #2043 posted Jan 25th 2017, 17:50:17 (last edited Jan 25th 2017, 17:50:50 by Robin Goodey) Quote 
Don't forget I'm apparently part of the sponsorship cartel Stuart ;)
Gotta keep track of everyone somehow....
Luke Frost
(Group Pro - 11)

Australia 
Certified: 
Old post #2044 posted Jan 25th 2017, 19:03:38 (last edited Jan 25th 2017, 19:21:43 by Luke Frost) Quote 
"Your sponsorship cartel membership will be revoked if you continue discussing it amongst lower league peasants. You will only be given the Wintrillions sponsor."

:-)

Hey i now know how this operates. Somebody tried tjeir best to kill the competitive spirit of the game in higher groups...
Robin Goodey
(Group Elite)

England 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #2045 posted Jan 25th 2017, 19:09:14 Quote 
Damn - they didn't tell me you were the cartel enforcer Luke! I'd better watch out then!
Chris Warren
(Group Amateur - 22)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #2046 posted Jan 25th 2017, 20:41:26 (last edited Jan 25th 2017, 20:46:42 by Chris Warren) Quote 
How about sorting out the post data alert. When doing anything from mobile phone, that involves leaving browser to check data within an external app and returning back to browser the cancel button doesnt return to page instead results in a blank screen, so your forced to hit ok which runs a practice or testing lap with the same figures as previous try, even if you take fuel out prior. Therefore becomes a wasted attempt.
If its been mentioned before, then shouldnt this of been resolved by now. Thanks in advance.

Maybe that is another reason behind people leaving because it is extremely annoying.
Robbert Bultstra
(Group Amateur - 122)

Netherlands 
Certified: 
Like this post (3)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #2047 posted Jan 28th 2017, 23:38:09 Quote 
If you look at managers without a team you can not sort then out by nation.
Maybe a good idea.
So if you wanna look your nation only...
Luke Frost
(Group Pro - 11)

Australia 
Certified: 
Old post #2048 posted Jan 31st 2017, 23:07:39 Quote 
Would it be possible to have an option to add quick notes to each team member on the team page so i don't forget the progress or something else? (Im sure others would like it too)
Paulo Pinto1
(Group Master - 5)

Portugal 
Certified: 
Like this post (4)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #2049 posted Feb 1st 2017, 15:21:53 (last edited Feb 1st 2017, 15:27:35 by Paulo Pinto) Quote 
Hi!

It is now quite common to not have any change (excluding price) in the tyre characteristics. I always loved this part of the game, during a lot of time was the first thing I checked right after the reset. Also, managers with better tyre knowledge always had an advantage here in terms of planning their season according to the new tyre characteristics. Not sure if I am the only one but I like to have game advantages based on pure knowledge. :)

In my opinion we lost here a bit of strategy based on tyre knowledge and their constant changes.

Saying that and having in mind that the admins probably won't change the current tyre characteristics in the near future... Why not introduce a new tyre characteristic?

Silly example:
M tyre compounds limit
12 XS
15 S
15 M
12 H
6 W

If I am in a 3 stops XS for the first race of the season then I have only 8 XS tyres for the last 16 races.

Or why not going back to the old times where after each season we had a small update on the tyres characteristics? I really miss that strategy related with tyre characteristic changes. Am I alone? :)
Hugo Merlin
(Group Amateur - 61)

Portugal 
Certified: 
Old post #2050 posted Feb 1st 2017, 15:27:28 (last edited Feb 1st 2017, 15:32:09 by Hugo Merlin) Quote 
I rather have the already mentioned Fuel suppliers. A completely new variable to explore.

I always thought that the adjustments made in the tyre attributes were mainly for performance/price harmonization.
Josh Clark
(Group Pro - 1)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #2051 posted Feb 1st 2017, 15:31:36 (last edited Feb 1st 2017, 15:32:18 by Josh Clark) Quote 
Agreed it was more fun when tyres changed a lot. While I wasn't really around much before the new tyres came in, it was nicer to see the stats of the compounds change. If I'm correct, stats haven't changed since Avon went down to 2 dry bars around S40 or something. And while I can see that the need for changing the characteristics was sort of nullified by bringing in more tyre manufacturers, it's always more interesting when things are spiced up unexpectedly.

As for your suggestion, I'm not a great fan of it. I can see it being quite a good idea for games that do allow more than 1 compound per race, but in GPRO where you aren't I can't see it working.

And you definitely can't limit wet tyres ;)
Kevin Parkinson
(Group Retired)

GPRO Crew
Scotland 
Certified: 
Old post #2052 posted Feb 1st 2017, 15:54:36 Quote 
Quote ( Paulo Pinto @ February 1st 2017,15:21:53 )

Hi!

It is now quite common to not have any change (excluding price) in the tyre characteristics. I always loved this part of the game, during a lot of time was the first thing I checked right after the reset. Also, managers with better tyre knowledge always had an advantage here in terms of planning their season according to the new tyre characteristics. Not sure if I am the only one but I like to have game advantages based on pure knowledge. :)

In my opinion we lost here a bit of strategy based on tyre knowledge and their constant changes.

Saying that and having in mind that the admins probably won't change the current tyre characteristics in the near future... Why not introduce a new tyre characteristic?

Silly example:
M tyre compounds limit
12 XS
15 S
15 M
12 H
6 W

If I am in a 3 stops XS for the first race of the season then I have only 8 XS tyres for the last 16 races.

Or why not going back to the old times where after each season we had a small update on the tyres characteristics? I really miss that strategy related with tyre characteristic changes. Am I alone? :)

I get the want for an advantage based on knowledge but then your "silly example" is based on luck as people don't know the season's weather when picking their tyres. /o\
Paulo Pinto1
(Group Master - 5)

Portugal 
Certified: 
Old post #2053 posted Feb 1st 2017, 19:36:14 (last edited Feb 1st 2017, 19:38:31 by Paulo Pinto) Quote 
Quote ( Kevin Parkinson @ February 1st 2017,15:54:36 )

but then your "silly example" is based on luck as people don't know the season's weather when picking their tyres.

I see some strategies around the tyre compound limit tbh. Strategies that could actually decrease a bit the importance of the season's weather on your season's plan. Anyway, my main idea was to remember the admins and managers about the old days, when we were all waiting for the tyre changes to try to guess, using some knowledge about the tyre characteristics, which tyre would be perfect for our season plan.

Quote ( Josh Clark @ February 1st 2017,15:31:36 )

when things are spiced up unexpectedly.

Yeap. More or less this too. :)
Alexei Malkin
(Group Amateur - 72)

Russian Federation 
Certified: 
Old post #2054 posted Feb 1st 2017, 20:07:08 Quote 
I agree if manager will have a chance to choose some values from the diapason. I mean that some compounds numbers are reserved, yoy need to choose N others.
And don't forget about conspiracy :)
Jim Sikma
(Group Amateur - 103)

United States 
Certified: 
Old post #2055 posted Feb 1st 2017, 21:13:45 Quote 
Quote ( Kevin Parkinson @ February 1st 2017,15:54:36 )

I get the want for an advantage based on knowledge but then your "silly example" is based on luck as people don't know the season's weather when picking their tyres. /o\

The season weather would have to be somewhat less random, and more based on real expectations.

We'd have to be given virtual calendar dates (Race 1 on March 26, Race 2 on April 9, etc) and be able to have a reasonable chance of guessing the weather at those tracks - for example Finland in April would almost certainly have temps in the single digits, while Bahrain in July would almost always by 50C.
Edwin Silva
(Group Master - 3)

Colombia 
Certified: 
Like this post (1)   Dislike this post (1)
Old post #2056 posted Feb 1st 2017, 21:36:18 (last edited Feb 1st 2017, 21:37:14 by Edwin Silva) Quote 
I can't see this working too well. In order to make it an actual strategic choice, the number of available set of tyres must be relatively limited. However, given the different durability for the different brands, if the sets available are tight for, for example, Michis, they will definitely be too low for Dunnos, Yokos or Hancock, whereas BR and Contis will have sets to spare. Unless there are different number of available sets for the different brands, which would be weird, this would severely handicap the low durability tyres.

Now, you could argue that would be a part of the choice: do you get a low durability brand knowing you'll be handicapped at some point in the season by being forced to go with harder compounds or do you choose more durable brands? However, that kind of strategic choice looks odd to me.

Also, it's very dependent on luck. After all, let's say the 4 from the first 12 races of the season are cold, so you are running out of xsoft sets. Then the 13th race is cold too, but not too much. Picking xsoft would normally still be better. However, your decision is just luck-based: if you go soft, to save the xsoft set for a better occasion, you might as well be shooting at your own foot if that occasion never arrives later down the season. That wasn't too much of a strategy choice (although, of course, there is a risk/benefit decision there), since the outcome was exclusively dependent on luck.

Finally, this is biased against low peak temperature tyres. At high temperature races, normally hard compound is the way to go, but there isn't too much of a penalty if, for any reason, you're running out of hard sets (although those should be the most available ones in a normal season) and you have to go with medium tyres. Instead, running out of xsoft tyres is quite bad if you're using a low peak temperature tyre, because being forced to go with soft tyres when the TCD is big (low temperature) is normally very bad, even if that saves you a pitstop.
Paulo Pinto1
(Group Master - 5)

Portugal 
Certified: 
Old post #2057 posted Feb 2nd 2017, 09:59:20 (last edited Feb 2nd 2017, 10:00:31 by Paulo Pinto) Quote 
Quote ( Edwin Silva @ February 1st 2017,21:36:18 )

Unless there are different number of available sets for the different brands

This.

Quote ( Edwin Silva @ February 1st 2017,21:36:18 )

Also, it's very dependent on luck.

Not at all but I will not give you any example of that. Plenty of room for a lot of strategies not based on luck but it is up to you to find out.

Too much focus on a silly example. :) But what I would love to have back is the lost small piece of knowledge based on the tyre characteristics changes.
Kevin Parkinson
(Group Retired)

GPRO Crew
Scotland 
Certified: 
Old post #2058 posted Feb 2nd 2017, 14:34:14 Quote 
Forum Poll

Any chance of a tweak to the forum polls so people can change their initial answer? I'm sure I'm not the only one that has made a selection on a poll and then changed my mind after further thought or hearing more discussion on it making me consider points I've not considered before.
Fred Ratz
(Group Rookie - 117)

France 
Certified: 
Old post #2059 posted Mar 2nd 2017, 04:29:27 Quote 
hello,
its writen to small
and why doesn't staff and pilots not a daily training?? why must we wait a run for having a training ??
in real we train every day
Mike Brummert
(Group Pro - 2)

United States 
Certified: 
Old post #2060 posted Mar 2nd 2017, 04:39:02 Quote 
Well, for one, you'd run out of money. But if it helps you can look at it like you're choosing the drivers training regimen for the entire between-race period.
Grzegorz Brojak
(Group Pro - 14)

Poland 
Certified: 
Like this post (3)   Dislike this post (1)
Old post #2061 posted Mar 7th 2017, 22:12:31 (last edited Mar 7th 2017, 22:15:31 by Nikola Brojak) Quote 
Hi guys,

This time I have a not very serious issue for you. :) I have just come up with a new name for the most expensive tyre supplier in our game. In my opinion it suits better current situation and it is more phonetically related to the original name.

So, Ladies and Gentlemen... Let me introduce a new name: RICHSTONE. :)
Jon Day
(Group Amateur - 3)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #2062 posted Mar 8th 2017, 14:12:37 (last edited Mar 8th 2017, 14:13:31 by Jon Day) Quote 
Quote ( Grzegorz Brojak @ March 7th 2017,22:12:31 )

So, Ladies and Gentlemen... Let me introduce a new name: RICHSTONE. :)
I dont know who Rich Stone is???
I know of a Oliver Stone, Sharon Stone, Sly Stone and Joss Stone, but never heard of Richard Stone??
Grzegorz Brojak
(Group Pro - 14)

Poland 
Certified: 
Old post #2063 posted Mar 8th 2017, 14:17:09 Quote 
Quote ( Jon Day @ March 8th 2017,14:12:37 )

Quote ( Grzegorz Brojak @ March 7th 2017,22:12:31 )

So, Ladies and Gentlemen... Let me introduce a new name: RICHSTONE. :) I dont know who Rich Stone is???
I know of a Oliver Stone, Sharon Stone, Sly Stone and Joss Stone, but never heard of Richard Stone??

He is a man, who is not afraid to spend 8,2 mln every race on tyres, even though there is one of the coldest seasons since I remember. :)
Jon Day
(Group Amateur - 3)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #2064 posted Mar 8th 2017, 14:18:58 Quote 
Quote ( Grzegorz Brojak @ March 8th 2017,14:17:09 )

He is a man, who is not afraid to spend 8,2 mln every race on tyres, even though there is one of the coldest seasons since I remember. :)
Hes not only a man but a legend then. :D
Roy Mitchell
(Group Amateur - 39)

Canada 
Certified: 
Like this post (2)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #2065 posted Mar 9th 2017, 06:07:13 Quote 
He would be worthy to have a tattoo on his back that says 'Make America Great Again' .
John Henderson
(Group Pro - 3)

United States 
Certified: 
Old post #2066 posted Mar 18th 2017, 17:51:14 Quote 
I would like to see more historical statistics on sponsorship income. There is already a category for "best managers by sponsor money".
My all-time sponsor income on a per race basis has to be one of the worst all-time.
Stuart Foster
(Group Rookie - 1)

England 
Certified: 
Like this post (2)   Dislike this post (1)
Old post #2067 posted Apr 11th 2017, 16:25:58 Quote 
Please can we have GPRO triple crown achievement added to the roster. Which means adding Bugatti Circuit (la sarthe) to the track roster and then with Monaco, Indy Oval and Bugatti staged at the same period as the RL Indy 500, Monaco GP and Le Mans. Then the first triple crown can be staged next season \0/
Luis Pinto
(Group Amateur - 31)

Portugal 
Certified: 
Like this post (2)   Dislike this post (4)
Old post #2068 posted Apr 20th 2017, 19:43:48 Quote 
Hello to all. I don't know if this has already been talked, but i would like to have the tyres with the colour stripes acourding to the tyre type. If not on the qualifying time at least after closing the qualifying. If possible. Thanx
Willem Van Mierlo
(Group Pro - 15)

Netherlands 
Certified: 
Old post #2069 posted Apr 20th 2017, 19:57:59 (last edited Apr 20th 2017, 19:59:24 by Willem Van Mierlo) Quote 
Quote ( Luis Pinto @ April 20th 2017,19:43:48 )

i would like to have the tyres with the colour stripes acourding to the tyre type. If not on the qualifying time at least after closing the qualifying.
It gives too much info about what others are doing and even more important; it takes away from the excitement of whether other mangers are on the same strategy or not.
Luis Pinto
(Group Amateur - 31)

Portugal 
Certified: 
Old post #2070 posted Apr 21st 2017, 19:03:13 Quote 
Quote ( Willem Van Mierlo @ April 20th 2017,19:57:59 )

it takes away from the excitement

Well, I don't agree. But Ok, it was only a sugestion.
Page « 1 2 3 ... 68 [6970 ... 191 192 193 » Quick go to page:

Reply to this topic