Page « 1 [23 ... 53 54 55 » Quick go to page:
Author Topic: Elite Press 1632 replies
Alex Peres
(Group Pro - 12)

Romania 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #31 posted Jan 31st 2013, 22:20:07 Quote 
Great Job Rimantas, i like this kind of interviews, with more than one interviewed.

Nice answers!
Vladimir Jelicic
(Group Pro - 3)

Serbia 
Certified: 
Old post #32 posted Jan 31st 2013, 22:34:51 Quote 
Support 101%!!! :)
Patryk Janczak
(Group Pro - 10)

Poland 
Certified: 
Old post #33 posted Feb 1st 2013, 00:22:48 Quote 
Very good interview ;]
Kuba Szajbel
(Group Amateur - 37)

Poland 
Certified: 
Old post #34 posted Feb 1st 2013, 01:28:38 Quote 
hope there will be more interviews similar to this one! elite group is a big unknown for majority of managers and threads like that can be very helpful in understanding elite before relegating from there :-) dont hesitate adding some useful hints in further interviews! cheers
Samoeni Albanalopolis
(Group Pro - 10)

Albania 
Certified: 
Old post #35 posted Feb 1st 2013, 01:28:41 Quote 
The best interview of all time.
Ioannis Dimitroglou4
(Group Elite)

Greece 
Certified: 
Old post #36 posted Feb 1st 2013, 18:19:14 Quote 
excellent idea mate!!
it will bring back interest in the forums again for elite guys and this is gonna help other managers also :)

Asim Akram
(Group Amateur - 9)

Scotland 
Certified: 
Old post #37 posted Feb 1st 2013, 18:59:22 Quote 
Wow what a brilliant read Rimantas gives us managers a insite as to what goes in the world of Elite i will surely be keeping a close eye in this thread :)
Rick Queary
(Group Amateur - 14)

United States 
Certified: 
Old post #38 posted Feb 1st 2013, 19:44:27 Quote 
excellent! i hope someday to have the chance to be interviewed as an elite manager.
Michał Kożuchowski
(Group Master - 2)

Poland 
Certified: 
Old post #39 posted Feb 1st 2013, 19:46:37 (last edited Feb 1st 2013, 19:46:47 by Michał Kożuchowski) Quote 
It's great - looking forward to see more interviews :) I'm really interested if the champions are exactly as mad when they get randoms as most of the "lower leagues" managers are :D
Lucas Lôbo
(Group Amateur - 16)

Brazil 
Certified: 
Old post #40 posted Feb 1st 2013, 19:52:08 Quote 
Quote ( Rick Queary @ February 1st 2013,19:44:27 )

i hope someday to have the chance to be interviewed as an elite manager.

That's almost everybody hope....lol
Rimantas Sagatas4
(Group Elite)

Topic mod
Lithuania 
Certified: 
Like this post (11)   Dislike this post (1)
Old post #41 posted Feb 2nd 2013, 14:56:00 (last edited Feb 2nd 2013, 14:57:57 by Rimantas Sagatas) Quote 
Race 14 in Kaunas, Lithuania gave us another Elite race winner of the season - João Monteiro

Name: João Monteiro
Season position: 5th (41 points)
Team: The Special One
Team season position: 4th (586.8 points)

Let's talk with him!

Congratulations on your first win of the season! Tell us your impressions about the race.

João: It was a typical wet race where the factor of luck (aka spin fest) decided the winner.
I think the fuel consumption surprised many of us but luckily I played it safe and could end up with only one pit stop in a race where I had high hopes of a good result.

It’s only your second season in Elite after promoting from Master but You are already fighting for the highest places – it’s a very rare example. How did You manage to achieve this so quickly?

João: I did not achieve anything. Blame the Admins. (ed.note. : experience change, introduction of favourite tracks...)

How did Elite change from the times, when You were fighting for Elite wins in the past, before the famous experience “bug” was fixed? (Season 21-22)
Did the competition level increase/decrease or stay the same?

João: When you look at this time we had 3 managers who dominated the season completely and nobody else won races.
Now with the introduction of the FT and with a wider choice of tires we have 5 or 6 different managers winning elite races in the same season.

We are going to have yet another cold and rainy race! Do You think Demydov has big chances to win the championship this season?

João: In my humble opinion (sorry Demydov) he only has a chance if randoms catch Leandro.
Also Leandro still has a FT until at end of the Season, so...

There will be more later on...we will talk with one of the Dunnolop tyres user and a guy hardly fighting for his place in Elite!

"Elite Press"

Michał Kożuchowski
(Group Master - 2)

Poland 
Certified: 
Old post #42 posted Feb 2nd 2013, 14:58:48 Quote 
I want more :) Excellent again! Great job ;)
Kuba Szajbel
(Group Amateur - 37)

Poland 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (1)
Old post #43 posted Feb 2nd 2013, 15:11:49 Quote 
THIS should become a rule, like a press conf after formula uno race :) well done Rimantas! can we expect another interview in upcoming wednesday?
Rafael Mantovani
(Group Master - 1)

Brazil 
Certified: 
Old post #44 posted Feb 2nd 2013, 15:21:49 (last edited Feb 2nd 2013, 15:23:29 by Rafael Mantovani) Quote 
Good to see dominating forces from the past bothered because things have changed. It means that admins have done a great job.
Competition is good for the game (otherwise, some managers would just get bored and leave because they have no chances against the more experienced guys).

Mark and Keri won races in their first Elite season (in Mark's case, back to Elite).
It happened in the first season after the EXP change.
Marius Ruţa
(Group Pro - 7)

Romania 
Certified: 
Like this post (1)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #45 posted Feb 2nd 2013, 15:23:41 (last edited Feb 2nd 2013, 15:25:58 by Marius Ruţa) Quote 
Quote ( Kuba Szajbel @ February 2nd 2013,15:11:49 )

THIS should become a rule, like a press conf after formula uno race

Elite managers aren`t paid for this, like F1 drivers, and they don`t have contractual obligations to fulfill. Accepting the interview should be at their discretion.
Great job Rimantas, nice to see the thoughts and opinions of the top managers in the game.
Mert Büyükakar
(Group Elite)

Turkey 
Certified: 
Old post #46 posted Feb 2nd 2013, 15:26:01 Quote 
Well done Rimantas.

I wonder that which jealous managers give his first post dislike?
Ethan Littlejohns
(Group Rookie - 131)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #47 posted Feb 2nd 2013, 15:30:38 Quote 
sorry but, what is spinning?
Michał Kożuchowski
(Group Master - 2)

Poland 
Certified: 
Old post #48 posted Feb 2nd 2013, 15:44:10 Quote 
Quote ( Ethan Littlejohns @ February 2nd 2013,15:30:38 )

sorry but, what is spinning?

Driver Mistakes ;)
Ethan Littlejohns
(Group Rookie - 131)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #49 posted Feb 2nd 2013, 15:46:51 Quote 
I thought they don't make driver mistakes in elite
Michał Kożuchowski
(Group Master - 2)

Poland 
Certified: 
Old post #50 posted Feb 2nd 2013, 15:48:17 Quote 
Quote ( Ethan Littlejohns @ February 2nd 2013,15:46:51 )

Everyone is doing them on wet + they have one FOBY skill, which is useful, but is the cause of DM's in Elite ;)
Marius Ruţa
(Group Pro - 7)

Romania 
Certified: 
Old post #51 posted Feb 2nd 2013, 15:48:50 Quote 
Quote ( Ethan Littlejohns @ February 2nd 2013,15:46:51 )

They don`t. The drivers are so good, they can powerslide the car, even in heavy rain, hence it`s called "spin-fest". :P

Seriously though, yes, there are driver mistakes in Elite.
Rimantas Sagatas4
(Group Elite)

Topic mod
Lithuania 
Certified: 
Like this post (15)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #52 posted Feb 3rd 2013, 09:44:35 Quote 
Good morning folks! We have another enertaining interview with an Australian manager - Nathan Skelly

Name: Nathan Skelly
Season position: 26th (0 points)
Team: THE 10
Team season position: 9th (468.3 points)

You are only 2 steps behind the place, which would ensure You another season in Elite. Do You believe You can achieve this in the next 3 races? Do You think lottery races (like the upcoming one in Hungary) are better or worse for managers who fight for retaining?

Nathan: Frankly I don't believe that I can achieve retention, given 3 favorite tracks earlier in the season hasn't secured it, my confidence is not particularly high. However I am going to keep trying, no point dying wondering, and whilst I would not say that I am prepared for another season in Elite, i am equally not prepared for relegation.

In lower levels I believe that lottery races provide opportunities for managers in my position, however in Elite, the caliber of managers is so high that there is reduced scope to make gains through these races. In addition, the proliferation of errors through these races can be your success or your undoing.

Looks like You didn’t progress anywhere from the last season if we talk about results. What are the main reasons for that? What went wrong?

Nathan: Honestly I am out of my depth. My results last season gave me a lot of hope for this season, particularly with 3 FT's. However with a low wear testing track I have being unable to keep up with the car level of my competitors.

I think another large factor is some errors in strategy on some races where I had a decent chance for a good result, which then costs motivation, and makes it harder to perform in the next few races.

The other thing is just funds, you need funds to get results, and you need results to get funds...I tried early in the season to spend big (for me anyway) to get the results and see if I couldn't make ends meet later on, unfortunately that didn't pan out.

Ultimately, just under prepared for the brutal nature of Elite.

Do You think luck factor plays a big role in Elite? Or maybe it plays even bigger role than the manager itself?

Nathan: In any individual race, potentially luck can play a big role. Over the course of a season, or multiple seasons, I do not believe luck plays a big role in Elite. Simple proof is look at who is consistently near the top, they aren't lucky ;)

I am a firm believer that people make their own luck. By that I mean that if I give myself more opportunities to be 'lucky' than my opponent, then over time that will be an advantage to me.

One race this season I went down a particular strategy that had a higher chance of me being unlucky than lucky, but the reward if it came off could've meant retention. Unfortunately I was 'unlucky' in that instance, but I did give myself a slim chance to be very lucky.

You have no sponsors at the moment. Could You tell to all managers who haven’t been in Elite how hard is to get them being an Elite mid-fielder? Do You think the sponsors system doesn’t work properly in Elite? If yes, any suggestions on how to improve it?

Nathan: I can't stress enough how difficult the sponsor system in Elite is vs other divisions. Whilst I would not claim to be the best manager with regards to sponsors, the step up in Elite is just absurd compared to that in Master. In lower levels it was quite common to find yourself alone on a sponsor, or competing with just one person as a mid-fielder. It would appear to me in Elite that situation pretty much never happens.

Given my poor performance in general on sponsors, I don't think it is my place to say if it is broken or not. However one suggestion I would have is to maybe change the system a bit so that there are say 3 distinct tiers of sponsors, if you are positions 1-15 you see tier 1, 16-30 tier 2, 31-40 tier 3.

It would reflect that some sponsors can't afford the top teams, and others don't want to be seen with the small teams. Of course it could be quite easily said that this would favour the big players at the moment, and the little ones like me will never catch up in sponsor income, but it would mean that a player is competing with people of similar resources and results, and should be able to get some sponsors which may help them make the step up.

As it stands at the moment I can only compete on sponsors negotiating one at a time, I am sure the big players are doing more than that....

Thanks for the opportunity for this Rimantas, and I hope it provides some insight to people on life in Elite.

And cheer me on for the last 3 races everyone!!

Elite Press
Vladimir Jelicic
(Group Pro - 3)

Serbia 
Certified: 
Old post #53 posted Feb 3rd 2013, 10:26:20 Quote 
Great interview, allowing us to see the other side of the Elite. I was almost sure Nathan already scored points, I guess I was wrong. I hope he manages to retain. :)
Josh Clark
(Group Amateur - 60)

England 
Certified: 
Old post #54 posted Feb 3rd 2013, 10:49:55 Quote 
I watched Nathan qualify well last season, with consistent results. I thought he'd capitalise on that and make the leap up to points this season, but I guess that just shows how void the Elite world is to me... :P

Good read :)
Sam Payne
(Group Rookie - 148)

Australia 
Certified: 
Old post #55 posted Feb 3rd 2013, 11:34:37 Quote 
I've always kept an eye on the elite races purely to see how Nathan's going. Those elite points would be big for us Aussies :) if anyone watched Nathan in the last race, he came incredibly close to scoring an 8th or possibly 7th place and increase his chances of retaining. Unfortunately like most of the elite drivers he was caught out on fuel and had to do last minute pit stop.

Just keep at it nath, all the aussies are still rooting for you from the lower groups! :)
Paulo Pinto1
(Group Master - 3)

Portugal 
Certified: 
Old post #56 posted Feb 3rd 2013, 13:14:17 (last edited Feb 3rd 2013, 13:28:00 by Paulo Pinto) Quote 
Another nice interview :) ...Nathan words reminded me some past feelings.

Quote ( Rimantas Sagatas @ February 3rd 2013,09:44:35 )

Ultimately, just under prepared for the brutal nature of Elite.
Keri Lovell
(Group Rookie - 30)

Wales 
Certified: 
Like this post (2)   Dislike this post (1)
Old post #57 posted Feb 3rd 2013, 15:15:51 (last edited Feb 3rd 2013, 15:21:25 by Keri Lovell) Quote 
Nice interview and sums up what Elite is all about and sadly why its a tad flawed. Sponsors.

And thats it in Elite. For the top places anyway.

If you don't promote from Master with decent sponsors or at least nothing major in the pipe line, you may as well choose Pipis and kiss your arse goodbye :-)
Matt Murray
(Group Amateur - 50)

Australia 
Certified: 
Old post #58 posted Feb 3rd 2013, 15:31:23 Quote 
Quote ( Sam Payne @ February 3rd 2013,11:34:37 )

Just keep at it nath, all the aussies are still rooting for you from the lower groups! :)

Yep, good luck in the last few races Nathan. All of Australia is behind you :P
Rui Morais
(Group Elite)

Portugal 
Certified: 
Like this post (1)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #59 posted Feb 3rd 2013, 15:35:35 Quote 
Quote ( Matt Murray @ February 3rd 2013,15:31:23 )

All of Australia is behind you

Ok by me, just try not to block the whole track...
Rimantas Sagatas4
(Group Elite)

Topic mod
Lithuania 
Certified: 
Like this post (18)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #60 posted Feb 5th 2013, 23:14:28 Quote 
A fresh interview with the winner of the Hungaroring GP - José Abi Jaudi!!!

Name: José Abi Jaudi
Season position: 13th (10 points)
Team: Tiger Racing
Team season position: 2nd (662.7 points)

What a nice way to get the first ever points in Elite – by winning the race! Tell us how do You feel?

José:It`s one of the most exciting moments i have ever had with games, after almost 4 years! And this one has been a hard season, wasting a lot of money trying to be competitive. But after series of bad races, I was almost going to give up. However finally got it, in my last chance, by winning :)

Starting on rain tyres while there is only 30-40% chance of rain is crazy but it worked for You. Was there no other way to secure a place for another season in Elite? Do You think You can improve in the upcoming season?

José: I had some chances, but something bad always happened. Last race for example, i was driving in 6th, but a fuel change few mins before the race deadline screwed me.
Finally GPRO gods looked turned to me, and i won this gift :)

However You promoted with more than 100mln and now have only a bit over 0. What happened that You spent so much money but still struggled even to retain?

José: Well, i came to Elite not well prepared, and paid the price... It‘s so expensive to be competitive here. And to be honest, next season must be planned wisely, but i believe in another retain.

It’s been a long time since we heard something about the “popular” Tigers. How is the team’s atmosphere? Who is the head of the team at the moment? How do You feel being part of this team?

José: Tigers are the nicest place to be. There are so much experienced, smart and funny guys. I`m very proud to have this stripes on my car :)
Under Christer`s lead, the thing goes even better, with just one guy leaving the team/game in a long time.
Just want to thank you Guys, really, you are awesome!

Tomorrow - 2 more interviews, including the one with the guy who already secured the season 34 title in the Hungaroring GP! Don't forget to check the thread!

"Elite Press"

Page « 1 [23 ... 53 54 55 » Quick go to page:

Reply to this topic