Page « 1 2 3 ... 8 [910 11 » Quick go to page:
Author Topic: "Live" qualifying 322 replies
Daniel Douglas
(Group Pro - 2)

United States 
Certified: 
Like this post (1)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #241 posted Nov 14th 2014, 06:31:47 Quote 
Quote ( Pedro Freire @ November 14th 2014,02:57:01 )

I'm totally against this idea.

If this ideia is implemented, I would log only 2 days per week in the game: to see the race and then quali on Tuesdays and Fridays.

What I find to be funny in gpro is to watch quali times so I keep logging to check who qualified and who doesn't and how well or bad people performed.
I like to qualify early to see everyone's time (mine also) even when I can qualify later - due to time zone, as some people liked to state as a big advantage and I couldn't care less. I only quali on last minute if I have no option/time to do that early.

The only advantage pointed out is that people who qualify later can make better strategies because they can see more people's quali times so they have more data to work with (but maybe less time?).
No one took into account the skill of the managers. I really can't see a big deal qualifying later or early if you're skilled.

This idea would simply take away the fun I have playing gpro so far and it would make me blind 5 days a week.

You can guess how light or heavy or which tyre people are using by their quali's lap times. This idea would ONLY make it visible later - in the race day. It's just cosmetic as Mikko stated before. It would only make it clear to me in the race days instead of the days during races.

What would be interesting is to display the fastest practice lap (only the fastest)..... but hide all qualification laps until after qualification had closed.

This could add more strategy to the game :)
John Henderson
(Group Pro - 5)

United States 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #242 posted Nov 14th 2014, 06:33:32 Quote 
Show all practice laps. Hide all qualifying laps. Make it fair for everybody.
Daniel Douglas
(Group Pro - 2)

United States 
Certified: 
Old post #243 posted Nov 14th 2014, 06:41:08 Quote 
Quote ( John Henderson @ November 14th 2014,06:33:32 )

I wouldnt go so far as to say show all practice laps..... just the time for the fastest would do.
Sudeep Pednekar
(Group Amateur - 23)

India 
Certified: 
Like this post (2)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #244 posted Nov 14th 2014, 06:51:30 Quote 
Would make the Elite betting game and the Elite OBR totally random.
Lan Laga
(Group Amateur - 97)

Malaysia 
Certified: 
Like this post (2)   Dislike this post (2)
Old post #245 posted Nov 14th 2014, 07:10:52 Quote 
Just an idea, why just don't we keep the system the same showing the Q1 and Q2 but instead the qualifying times are hidden. That way we still can see our qualifying positions but we don't know how fast or slow we are compare to other managers. Maybe the gap is only 0.1s or it can be 2.0s.
Ceapa Florin
(Group Pro - 11)

Romania 
Certified: 
Old post #246 posted Nov 14th 2014, 07:17:22 Quote 
Quote ( Daniel Douglas @ November 14th 2014,06:41:08 )

Quote ( John Henderson @ November 14th 2014,06:33:32 )

I wouldnt go so far as to say show all practice laps..... just the time for the fastest would do.

You guys might be surprised :) ...actually this will be less fair for (mostly) everybody...completely blind as I´ve stated before...
Gasper Mozek
(Group Amateur - 72)

Slovenia 
Certified: 
Like this post (3)   Dislike this post (1)
Old post #247 posted Nov 14th 2014, 08:27:29 Quote 
Relax Ceapa, take a breath. What are you doing here, is complete overkill. We get it, you are 100% against this suggestion.
Ceapa Florin
(Group Pro - 11)

Romania 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (2)
Old post #248 posted Nov 14th 2014, 08:40:30 (last edited Nov 14th 2014, 08:43:36 by Florin Ceapa) Quote 
It's an OPENED forum mate ... Try to Live with it...and no , Most of the people with not even 100-150 races behind their backs don't get it...in such matters people who logged in yesterday and show no "guarantees" that they won't be leaving tomorrow , should not even bother counting my words ... Without having Any fault at all ,they will just be wasting my time
Chris John Collins
(Group Amateur - 115)

Australia 
Certified: 
Old post #249 posted Nov 14th 2014, 08:44:46 Quote 
Suggestion. If it has come up before I apologize but I haven't read all the posts.

When we each do our qualifying laps, show the times and hide the position and difference, for those that don't want to know. Have the current Q1/Q2 standings screen available as it is now and 'hide' the grid position screen until after the live qualifying session or even the race. That way, those people who wish to see how their times compare can do so and in turn have a rough idea of where they may be starting the race and for those who do not wish to know and want/can watch the live qualifying session can simply not look at the Q1/Q2 standings screen.

Thoughts?
Daniel Douglas
(Group Pro - 2)

United States 
Certified: 
Like this post (1)   Dislike this post (2)
Old post #250 posted Nov 14th 2014, 08:47:47 Quote 
Quote ( Chris John Collins @ November 14th 2014,08:44:46 )

Suggestion. If it has come up before I apologize but I haven't read all the posts.

When we each do our qualifying laps, show the times and hide the position and difference, for those that don't want to know. Have the current Q1/Q2 standings screen available as it is now and 'hide' the grid position screen until after the live qualifying session or even the race. That way, those people who wish to see how their times compare can do so and in turn have a rough idea of where they may be starting the race and for those who do not wish to know and want/can watch the live qualifying session can simply not look at the Q1/Q2 standings screen.

Thoughts?

If you can see everyones time.... you can quickly determine everyones position.
Andrey Baydin
(Group Amateur - 68)

Russian Federation 
Certified: 
Old post #251 posted Nov 14th 2014, 08:54:03 Quote 
Quote ( Daniel Douglas @ November 14th 2014,08:47:47 )

If you can see everyones time.... you can quickly determine everyones position.

Unless...
:)
Chris John Collins
(Group Amateur - 115)

Australia 
Certified: 
Old post #252 posted Nov 14th 2014, 08:56:31 (last edited Nov 14th 2014, 08:58:32 by Chris John Collins) Quote 
You can't if you don't look at it, which I said.

Just to clarify incase people think otherwise, I'm for this idea. I'd like to see another live session.
Daniel Douglas
(Group Pro - 2)

United States 
Certified: 
Old post #253 posted Nov 14th 2014, 09:08:38 Quote 
Quote ( Chris John Collins @ November 14th 2014,08:56:31 )

You can't if you don't look at it, which I said.

Just to clarify incase people think otherwise, I'm for this idea. I'd like to see another live session.

I misread.

Hiding times for those that do not want to see accomplishes absolutely nothing.

The point is.... some can see the times now... others cannot... because they cannot be online after everyone has qualified.

for those that cant be online for 12 to 18 hours before quali closes.... they do not have the ability to look at the quali standings at the last minute and make any strategy adjustments that those who are online can.
Steven Gaskell
(Group Rookie - 87)

New Zealand 
Certified: 
Like this post (4)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #254 posted Nov 14th 2014, 09:37:12 Quote 
I once upon a time played a game called ManagerZone. I also once upon a time lived in England. These times coincided. I moved to NZ, and all my matches were suddenly the other side of the clock. MZ has its different countries set up with matches in their local timezones. Your national cup and leagues were played in your day times. Internationals were all over the show and you expected that - but the bread and butter was national competitions.

I lost interest in MZ when all my important matches were scheduled when I was in bed knocking out z's. I was leading the EPL, had been world #1 and I left that and started up here. I've given it a few gos, but I've always been in bed when qualifying ends and the race starts - it's hard for GPRO to keep my attention when things aren't going awesome.

I generally have no idea where I'm starting, and as such if I think about it... I've never had the part of GPRO where I use strategy to overhaul a few people, or jump in front of a few people. I've always run strategy that is fastest for me as if I wasn't racing anyone else.

I'm inclined to think there is a part of GPRO I've missed out on, but I've always played on those terms. The same as those in timezones conducive to strategising qualifying have always played on those terms.

Moving race time zones won't work for reasons previously mooted, but in the end I think GPRO is supposed to be equally fair for all? Being around for that last hour of qualifying would add a dimension to the game for those of us who can't currently feasible use it, but equally it would remove it from those who can. The terms of engagement if you will change.

I think having a live qualifying is an excellent idea - I would probably watch it 2 seasons a year and maybe even wake up early if it's a big season for me when the clocks have moved. To really make it brilliant, would be for it to unfold live. But then a bunch of people used to strategising against others late in quali would lose that.

And, we'd possibly have very empty days between race days. Something has to be shown. Practice times could work for sure, maybe even display q1 times. Have it so only Q2 is hidden.

But I think some strategic element needs to be added and open to everyone. Not so simple it is meaningless, but not so convoluted people are overwhelmed by it.

Strategy only depends on your position when you are trying to maximise your result. Strategy depends on your opponent's position when you are trying to maximise your result in relation to them.

Implementing a strategy depending on your own position is relatively easy. Implementing and programming a set of strategy rules based on up to 39 other people who base theirs on up to 39 other people is suddenly about 1521 time more complex.
Ceapa Florin
(Group Pro - 11)

Romania 
Certified: 
Like this post (1)   Dislike this post (6)
Old post #255 posted Nov 14th 2014, 09:37:41 Quote 
"for those that cant be online for 12 to 18 hours before quali closes.... they do not have the ability to look at the quali standings at the last minute and make any strategy adjustments that those who are online can."

12 to 18 hours before deadline is more than enough for Any manager with some skills to relate His race potential to ONE strategy or another...on the other side , what adjustments can people hope for when you SEE it all black???... Where' s the strategy in it??? YOU don' T even get to SEE your own possible mistakes in time to try and partially "adjust" the time that u'll lose anyway...ah , but in exchange we get to see it "Live" too :)))...

Pretty entertaining....
Steven Gaskell
(Group Rookie - 87)

New Zealand 
Certified: 
Like this post (5)   Dislike this post (1)
Old post #256 posted Nov 14th 2014, 09:39:39 Quote 
Quote ( Ceapa Florin @ November 14th 2014,09:37:41 )

"for those that cant be online for 12 to 18 hours before quali closes.... they do not have the ability to look at the quali standings at the last minute and make any strategy adjustments that those who are online can."

12 to 18 hours before deadline is more than enough for Any manager with some skills to relate His race potential to ONE strategy or another...on the other side , what adjustments can people hope for when you SEE it all black???... Where' s the strategy in it??? YOU don' T even get to SEE your own possible mistakes in time to try and partially "adjust" the time that u'll lose anyway...ah , but in exchange we get to see it "Live" too :)))...

Pretty entertaining....

I was under the impression you would see your own times and no-one elses? In which case your point is moot.
Chris John Collins
(Group Amateur - 115)

Australia 
Certified: 
Old post #257 posted Nov 14th 2014, 09:42:18 Quote 
I guess really I just like being able to see how my times compare when I qualify and I like to have an idea were I might be starting. The fact is I only know EXACTLY were I started when I log in after the race and look at my race analysis, so it ultimately doesn't matter if the Q1/Q2 times are hidden. I just like having them to compare against.

#justrenderedmyownsuggestionpointless. But it was fun to talk about it.
Shoaib Mohamed
(Group Elite)

India 
Certified: 
Old post #258 posted Nov 14th 2014, 09:51:41 (last edited Nov 14th 2014, 09:53:51 by Shoaib Mohamed) Quote 
It admittedly wasn't perfect, but what exactly is the opposition to the separate deadlines idea? People who don't have the additional 15*2 minutes per week can simply set their strategies as soon as they qualify. It's not mandatory to do anything in the 24 hour period between qualification deadline (1830 Thursday) and strategy deadline (1830 Friday). I still see it as the most fair solution.

The big issue with this is one of the market deadlines would fall on Sunday. Then again, market deadlines are already unfair, are they not?
Tomek Kiełpiński
(Group Elite)

Poland 
Certified: 
Old post #259 posted Nov 14th 2014, 10:02:15 Quote 
Quote ( Shoaib Mohamed @ November 14th 2014,09:51:41 )

Then again, market deadlines are already unfair, are they not?

The solution is rather simple. Hide the bets :-P
Shoaib Mohamed
(Group Elite)

India 
Certified: 
Old post #260 posted Nov 14th 2014, 10:08:30 Quote 
Quote ( Tomek Kiełpiński @ November 14th 2014,10:02:15 )

Quote ( Shoaib Mohamed @ November 14th 2014,09:51:41 )

Then again, market deadlines are already unfair, are they not?

Touche :{)
Ceapa Florin
(Group Pro - 11)

Romania 
Certified: 
Like this post (1)   Dislike this post (6)
Old post #261 posted Nov 14th 2014, 10:12:11 (last edited Nov 14th 2014, 10:16:08 by Florin Ceapa) Quote 
"I was under the impression you would see your own times and no-one elses? In which case your point is moot."

I am under the impression that u didn't even bother to read my posts and my points of view before Jumping to conclusions
Maybe you should go back and read the rules of the Game once again ( it's all updated now ;))...there is some piece of INFO that states clearly that a very important strategycal part of the Game ,Like weather forecasts for ex , it will always be related to the Elite times...I should repeat myself that I personally don't give a shit on the moment that other managers chose to quallify ( is that clear now??)

But I do want to Take advabtage of my knowledge in certain key races at certain key moments during my longterm plan or Short race objectives...got it ? I DO THAT USING MY DATA AND ALL THE DATA THIS GAME PROVIDES FOR US RIGHT AT THIS MOMENT...data that many managers don't even consider before submitting all sort of New funny and entertaining ideas...keep that in mind : EVERY PAGE U OPEN ON GPRO BEFORE EACH RACE CONTAINS DATA !!! Got it mate ??? This is a data gathering Game , not an X-factor entertainment show...remember this is just ONE clear example , right on the foby secțion limits...Any other examples are not allowed to be revealed...only maybe after a few more seasons when Most of this thread's pros will catch up with the Game experience and they should be able to reveal it thenselves
Gasper Mozek
(Group Amateur - 72)

Slovenia 
Certified: 
Old post #262 posted Nov 14th 2014, 10:14:34 Quote 

You can already do that, right? But you have to pay for it. I wonder why?
Kevin Parkinson
(Group Master - 5)

GPRO Crew
Scotland 
Certified: 
Old post #263 posted Nov 14th 2014, 10:14:42 Quote 
Ceapa, and anyone else that feels the need, rein it in!

There's no need for the tone to be lowered and posts to get shouty and aggressive. You can have a discussion without resorting to that.

Continue...
Ceapa Florin
(Group Pro - 11)

Romania 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (5)
Old post #264 posted Nov 14th 2014, 10:19:37 Quote 
It's my Phone options I' m missing , Kevin...there's no Shout in my tone...just trying to underline a few points for the already blinded clan of this thread , for which seeing some more black instead makes no difference ...just fun ;)
Steven Gaskell
(Group Rookie - 87)

New Zealand 
Certified: 
Old post #265 posted Nov 14th 2014, 10:19:49 Quote 
Quote ( Ceapa Florin @ November 14th 2014,10:12:11 )

I am under the impression that u didn't even bother to read my posts and my points of view before Jumping to conclusions
Maybe you should go back and read the rules of the Game once again ( it's all updated now ;))...there is some piece of INFO that states clearly that a very important strategycal part of the Game ,Like weather forecasts for ex , it will always be related to the Elite times...I should repeat myself that I personally don't give a shit on the moment that other managers chose to quallify ( is that clear now??)

But I do want to Take advabtage of my knowledge in certain key races at certain key moments during my longterm plan or Short race objectives...got it ? I DO THAT USING MY DATA AND ALL THE DATA THIS GAME PROVIDES FOR US RIGHT AT THIS MOMENT...data that many managers don't even consider before submitting all sort of New funny and entertaining ideas...keep that in mind : EVERY PAGE U OPEN ON GPRO BEFORE EACH RACE CONTAINS DATA !!! Got it mate ??? This is a data gathering Game , not an X-factor entertainment show...remember this is just ONE clear example , right on the foby secțion limits...Any other examples are not allowed to be revealed...only maybe a few more seasons when Most of this thread's pros will catch up with the Game experience

jeez, who put ants in your pants?

Your big ranty post tells me nothing new and is massively flawed. For starters, I wasn't referring to your previous posts - I was reiterating MY understanding of how it would be implemented. That is why I said if it was the way I thought your point would be moot. Clearly the converse is also true - if it was the way you thought, your point would not be moot. Unlike what you believe, my single one line post wasn't aimed at all your previous ones. Just the one I replied to.

But hey, feel free to rant and ramble. And do exactly what you want as well - I don't really care what you currently do or whose data you use or if ALL OF THE PAGES CONTAIN DATA. ALL YOUR DATA ARE BELONG TO US.

And consider this - you've done 9 more races tha me in your career - what do you think you've found out that I haven't? And why do you feel a need to yell at me?
Shoaib Mohamed
(Group Elite)

India 
Certified: 
Old post #266 posted Nov 14th 2014, 10:23:28 Quote 
Quote ( Gasper Mozek @ November 14th 2014,10:14:34 )

You can already do that, right? But you have to pay for it. I wonder why?

You can't do it in all the groups. In any case, it's still unfair on people who can't be online around deadline, right?
Kevin Parkinson
(Group Master - 5)

GPRO Crew
Scotland 
Certified: 
Old post #267 posted Nov 14th 2014, 10:31:20 Quote 
Let's not get started on the unfair driver contract stuff here. Separate (and also unfair) issue :p
Edwin Silva
(Group Amateur - 93)

Colombia 
Certified: 
Like this post (12)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #268 posted Nov 14th 2014, 10:32:54 Quote 
I do my best not to dislike people on the internet and to think that maybe they are having a bad day and it isn't their finest hour. But Ceapa, you make it so damn hard.
Tomek Kiełpiński
(Group Elite)

Poland 
Certified: 
Old post #269 posted Nov 14th 2014, 10:38:23 Quote 
Quote ( Shoaib Mohamed @ November 14th 2014,10:08:30 )

Touche :{)

Not to mention tyre suppliers :-)

I think that first steps to be taken are:

a) to define in which aspects of the game lastminute availability play a role (that's rather easy: quals, staff markets, tyres suppliers; did I missed anything?)

b) To ask admins if they intend to do anything about that and where are the limits? Maybe, if you want to be in Elite, you have to be prepared to visit gpro at certain hours/days, no matter timezones? :-D ATM we have only Hans taking part in this discussion, disagreeing for changing deadlines, but TBH IDK if Hans represents admins POV or only his own.

c) If admins will say yes, try to find a compromise for those areas which could reduce lastminute impact without removing some strategic informations, within limits imposed by admins.

Because ATM IMHO we are counting chickens before they are hatched.
Kevin Parkinson
(Group Master - 5)

GPRO Crew
Scotland 
Certified: 
Old post #270 posted Nov 14th 2014, 10:41:19 Quote 
How come Hans got a mention and I didn't? :(

Any Crew point of view is generally their own opinion, unless otherwise stated.

Quote ( Tomek Kiełpiński @ November 14th 2014,10:38:23 )

To ask admins if they intend to do anything about that and where are the limits?

Pretty sure they confirmed they didn't want to make any change with regard to hiding tyre suppliers before race 1 due to the excitement factor it generates. It'll be in the thread about hiding tyre suppliers if anyone wants to look it up.
Page « 1 2 3 ... 8 [910 11 » Quick go to page:

Reply to this topic