Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Forum games > ELITE Ski Jumping [7,5 EUR] Add this topic to your ignore list Add this topic to your watchlist
Page [12 3 ... 22 23 24 » Quick go to page:
Author Topic: ELITE Ski Jumping [7,5 EUR] 701 replies
Radek Sus
(Group Pro - 17)

Topic mod
Poland 
Certified: 
Like this post (4)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #1 posted Feb 1st 2015, 21:20:41 (last edited Feb 27th 2015, 08:53:29 by Radek Sus) Quote 
Welcome to “ELITE Ski Jumping” – the game simulating Ski Jumping World Cup, using GPRO Elite race results as the basis. If you're not a Ski Jumping fan, this game may make little sense to you, but it should be a fun game nonetheless.

“ELITE Ski Jumping” will last 16 races (except race number 1) of Elite Group Season 46, and will include 8 Ski Jumping Competitions each of them including 2 races, where in one race each jumper makes one jump. However if total number participants of his game will be >30 to the second round of the competition will qualify only TOP30 after first Jump as it is in Real Ski Jumping competitions.
The winner of the competition consisting of two jumps (two races) will get 100points to World Cup Classification. TOP30 will get points to WC like in real World Cup Classification: (1-100, 2-80, 3-60, 4-50, 5-45, 6-40, 7-36, 8-32, 9 – 29, 10-26, 11-24, 12-22, 13-20, 14-18, 15-16, 16-15, 17-14, 18-13 …. 30-1)
There is one exception: in last competition jumpers receive double points to Individual and Team WC classification. Thanks to it even those who don’t start the season very well still have the chance to win WC.

To avoid some misunderstanding let’s agree some very important definitions which I will use further in this instructions:
- Jumper – the player, who participate in this game,
- Manager – elite manager (jumper will choose which manager will represents him in next race/jump
- Team – National team including 4 Jumpers
- Jump – one race in each jumper chose Elite Manager to represent him
- Competition – one competition consisting of 2 jumps (2 races)

TEAMS:
Jumpers will join 4-person national teams. Each team member will gather points to Individual World CUP classification separately from other team members, but sum of all points of all team members makes also Team World Cup Classification. Team members also will work together to coordinate their Elite Managers’ selections – this is very important part of the game, so teams built by participants who can agree pick decision on any external forum (like GPRO team forum) are recommended however this is not obligate.

Each Jumper starting since race 2 of Season S46 will pick one Elite manager to represent them for one Jump=race and bet Fastest LAP TIME of the race (not FL chosen Manage, but FL of the race). His chosen manager’s race Fastest Lap will be calculated by special formula (which I present at the end of this post)as his Distance of 1st jump of the competition presented in meters. Like in real Ski competitions, Jumper gets 60 points for reaching K-Point plus 1,8points for each meter above K-Point on Large Hills and 1,2 points above K-Point on Flying Hills. To the note for distance Jumper will get some points for Style. The note for Style depends on 2 factors: the place his chosen manager will finish the race and how close he bet FL of the race. Formula will be presented further in the instructions.

To make sure there is some variety and that everyone does not just select the favored Elite manager in every race, there are some limits to chose particular managers:
- Each Jumper may only select the same Elite manager once throughout the season,
- Teammates may not select the same Elite manager in the same race.
- Each Jumper may only select the Elite manager with FT only 4 times

Formulas – how it is possible to recalculates minutes and seconds to meters? This is a boring technical section – you don’t have to read this and still have fun from this game and If you are not very good in math I suggest do not read this section .The most imported conclusion is to achieve the best result first of all you have to choose Manager, who get best FL in the race, a little less important is the place hi will finish the race and definitely very less important is how good you bet FL of the race :-)
GPRO is a game based on car racing. Car races are timed down to the thousandth of a second. Elite Ski Jumping is a game based on Distances. To recalculate times on meters I use such rules:
- Each hill has defined his K-Point (look at second post)
- GPRO Track record is equal to specific define distance in meters which is shown in second post in Hills specification List which I call H-Point (Hill Point) for purpose of this game (however for 100% rain races track record for each such race is increased by 10sec for purpose of this game) – the list of hills with all these details is in post no 3,
- Each 0,1s difference between Track Record and FL of chosen Manager =0,5 meter. This result in meters is deducted from H-Point and we have distance of our Jump. If our Manager’s FL is faster than Track record, than the difference in meters will be added to H-Point
- EXAMPLE: Fiorano Track record is 58.191 and H-Point 147 and K-Point 120. Our chosen Manager during race get his FL= 58,872. The difference is 58,872 – 58.191 = 0.681. Rounded to decimals we have 0.7 difference * 0,5m, so we have 3,5 meters less than H=Point. So 147(H-Point) – 3,5 = 143,5 meters. Our Jump distance is 143,5m. Very easy :-)
- Jump’s distance is recalculated on points for Distance in this way: 60+(Our Jump distance-(K-Point))*1,8 (or*1,2 for flying Hills). For above example we have 60+(143-120)*1,8 = 60+41,4 = 101,4 Points for distance
- The final note for one Jump include also note for style which depends on the place , Manager will finish the race and how close our FL Bet was to real FL of this race. Winner of the race receive 60 points for style, and for each place behind the winner we get 0,5point lest, for example: 2 will get 59,5points, 3 will get 59,0points, 4 will get 58,5points and so on. From this number system will also deduct 0,1point for each 0,01s difference between our FL Bet and real FL. Example: our chosen Manager finished race on 4th place, so he will get 58,5 points. Our FL BET was 58,267 and real FL was 58,764. So 58,764-58,267 =0.497 = 0,50. Our Bet was 0,50 behind real FL so we have deduct 50*0,1=5 Points from style note, so our final style not is 58,5-5= 53,5 Points Together with note for distance we have total note for first jump 154,9 point (101,4+53,5). Very easy :-)
- For our FL Bet we can’t have penalty more than 20 points. If our bet was so bad we should receive penalty>20points, we receive exactly 20 points penalty instead.
- Our Style note can’t be less than 30 point. I it is<30 points, than it is =30 points instead.

End of boring technical section…

Prizes

I have 5 credits to put in to start price pool, but I will accept other donations.
We have prices in both Individual and Team CUP, but how much places will be priced depends on total price pool.

Individual WC:
1st place – 14%
2nd place – 6%

Team WC:

1st place – 56% for share between all team members
2nd place - 24% for share between all team members

If Total Price Pool reach 14EUR, the pool will be divided like this:
Individual WC:
1st place – 10%
2nd place – 4%
3rd place – 2%

Team WC:

1st place – 48% for share between all team members
2nd place - 24% for share between all team members
3rd place – 12% for share between all team members

No less than 0,4EUR (1 race of supporter credit) will be send as a price listed above

DNS/DNF/Invalid Entries
When a Jumper will not select a manager in particular race or his chosen manager will have SA and will not finish even 1 lap during the race, the Jumper is disqualified from this competition. If this happened in first Jump of the particular competition he is also disqualified from second Jump, so he doesn’t have to pick meager in next race. If the Jumper choose Manager but from some reason do not bet FL in all such cases his bet is equal Real FL plus 2 seconds

In the event of two team members submitting the same Elite Manager’s name, the first one to submit it will be considered the valid entry, with the second one being considered invalid. Make sure you communicate with your team!

Joining – Deadline 20.02.2015

In order to join, please post #join [Team Name] in this thread. You must choose the name of a National Team. List of National Team is listed below in post no 2 , but feel free to choose other Nationality if you want.

Team Selection:
The person who posts first for a specific team may, if he chooses, hold spots to select teammates of his choosing, though if there are no available teams for new players to join, I will allow new players to override this rule and fill any vacant spots. If you would like to hold spots for others on your team, please say so in your “#Join” post so myself and others can see your intentions., but the person for who you reserve spot, have to post join until the deadline

Examples: #Join Germany and reserve spot for (Teammate’s Forename and Surname)
I will delete “#Join” posts after I have processed them and updated the team rosters. This will help me control of which ones have been processed, and help keep the thread a little cleaner.
I also reserve the right to combine players and eliminate unfilled teams to fill out existing ones. Or in the worst-case scenario, switch to a 2, 4, or 5-player per team model. I will do what I feel is necessary to round out the team rosters, based on the number of participants. Each team have to have exactly 4 jumpers. If after joining deadline any team will be not completed I will combine all not completed teams in completed teams. Should any team member leave the game, a substitute can be added, and that new player will retain all times, points, and managers used of the previous player.

Manager Selection:
The deadline for submitting your entry for each Jump (race) is the start of each GPRO Race. All entries are to be posted in the thread. Any format that names the manager and the race location or number is acceptable, however I prefer such format:
Race No – Track – Elite Manager Full Name – my bet of FL of this race in format 1.11.111 – Team Code (3 letters) for Example:
Race 2 – Fiorano – Roland Postle - 1.01.241 GER . This format will help me to import data to my calculators and I will be able to present results faster

In the future I plan develop this game in 2-GPRO seasons format with much more competition including 4 Hills Tournaments if we have a lot of fun with this game.

So, let’s start joining phase!!!

Donators:

Radek Sus - 5 EUR
Radek Czech - 2,5 EUR
Radek Sus
(Group Pro - 17)

Topic mod
Poland 
Certified: 
Like this post (0)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #2 posted Feb 1st 2015, 21:22:09 (last edited Feb 22nd 2015, 00:41:00 by Radek Sus) Quote 
Elite Ski Jumping Season 1 Jumper's List:

Radek Sus
(Group Pro - 17)

Topic mod
Poland 
Certified: 
Old post #3 posted Feb 1st 2015, 21:22:31 (last edited Apr 19th 2015, 18:25:34 by Radek Sus) Quote 
Hills:

Hills Records:

Kuusamo - 143,5m - Pedro Freire (ITA)
Obersdorf - 155,0m - Pedro Freire (ITA)
Insbruck - 133,5m - Kshitij Sharma (GRE)
Bad Mittendorf - 232,0m - Mairo Toom (JPN)
Zakopane - 137,5m - Sebastian Jóźwiak (SWE)
Lahti - 128,0m - Sudeep Pednekar - (SWE)
Oslo - 133,5m - Dominik Karda (SWE)
Planica - 230,5m - Tomek Kiełpiński (KOR)
Radek Sus
(Group Pro - 17)

Topic mod
Poland 
Certified: 
Old post #4 posted Feb 1st 2015, 21:22:55 Quote 
RESULTS:
Tomek Kiełpiński
(Group Elite)

Poland 
Certified: 
Old post #5 posted Feb 2nd 2015, 08:50:16 Quote 
I can't read the navy blue text :-)
Radek Sus
(Group Pro - 17)

Topic mod
Poland 
Certified: 
Old post #6 posted Feb 2nd 2015, 08:53:51 Quote 
Quote ( Tomek Kiełpiński @ February 2nd 2015,08:50:16 )

I can't read the navy blue text :-)

What about thick blue text? Is it clear enough? ;-)
Tomek Kiełpiński
(Group Elite)

Poland 
Certified: 
Old post #7 posted Feb 2nd 2015, 08:58:10 Quote 
Nope :-P
Radek Sus
(Group Pro - 17)

Topic mod
Poland 
Certified: 
Old post #8 posted Feb 2nd 2015, 09:01:48 Quote 
I suggest buy new glasses :-P

Anyway, I will change it specially for you in the evening :-)
István Adorján
(Group Amateur - 33)

Hungary 
Certified: 
Old post #9 posted Feb 2nd 2015, 10:38:56 Quote 
#join Poland (Polska) :)

But If we will have more than 3 polish players I'll give chance for them.

My B-version is Kazahstan.

Radek Sus
(Group Pro - 17)

Topic mod
Poland 
Certified: 
Old post #10 posted Feb 2nd 2015, 10:43:53 Quote 
Quote ( István Adorján @ February 2nd 2015,10:38:56 )

#join Poland (Polska) :)

But If we will have more than 3 polish players I'll give chance for them.

My B-version is Kazahstan.

If you are able to bring with you other 3 Hungarian you can also create team Hungary :-)
István Adorján
(Group Amateur - 33)

Hungary 
Certified: 
Old post #11 posted Feb 2nd 2015, 10:48:23 Quote 
I try it, but we aren't a ski jumping nation. :)
Mairo Toom
(Group Amateur - 34)

Estonia 
Certified: 
Old post #12 posted Feb 2nd 2015, 11:26:19 Quote 
That blue is not readable indeed.
Radek Sus
(Group Pro - 17)

Topic mod
Poland 
Certified: 
Old post #13 posted Feb 2nd 2015, 12:09:17 Quote 
Quote ( István Adorján @ February 2nd 2015,10:48:23 )

I try it, but we aren't a ski jumping nation. :)

It not so important. Much more important issue is to have fun during the game :-)
Quote ( Mairo Toom @ February 2nd 2015,11:26:19 )

That blue is not readable indeed.

As I said before I will change it in the evening
Radek Sus
(Group Pro - 17)

Topic mod
Poland 
Certified: 
Old post #14 posted Feb 2nd 2015, 18:38:38 (last edited Feb 2nd 2015, 18:39:27 by Radek Sus) Quote 
Teams updated.

BTW: I suggest team leaders start recruiting team-mates ;-)
Cooperation in this game seem to be quite important and it is always better if we can cooperate with our friends instead of strangers :-P

Not fully completed teams will not be allowed, however we have 18 days yet to complete staff.

I hope colors looks much better now.
Mairo Toom
(Group Amateur - 34)

Estonia 
Certified: 
Old post #15 posted Feb 2nd 2015, 18:47:51 Quote 
I am ready join Jukka/Finland, but team Japan would be more Kasai fancy :)
Radek Sus
(Group Pro - 17)

Topic mod
Poland 
Certified: 
Old post #16 posted Feb 3rd 2015, 17:48:26 (last edited Feb 4th 2015, 09:02:07 by Radek Sus) Quote 
Quote ( Mairo Toom @ February 2nd 2015,18:47:51 )

I am ready join Jukka/Finland, but team Japan would be more Kasai fancy :)

You are in Finland then. If you agree with Jukka change team to Japan let me know.

Come on team leaders: complete your teams! Maybe we should arrange any competition, who first will fulfill his team :-)

Mairo Toom
(Group Amateur - 34)

Estonia 
Certified: 
Like this post (1)   Dislike this post (0)
Old post #17 posted Feb 3rd 2015, 19:17:30 Quote 
We would like some fine ass people to join us :)

Quote ( Jukka Sireni @ February 3rd 2015,19:15:19 )

I'm fine with Japan. Finns are bad.
Radek Sus
(Group Pro - 17)

Topic mod
Poland 
Certified: 
Old post #18 posted Feb 4th 2015, 09:01:32 Quote 
So, you both bought Japanese passports for this game :-)
Good luck in looking for two other Japanese
Jason Mathias
(Group Amateur - 62)

Oman 
Certified: 
Old post #19 posted Feb 5th 2015, 16:59:12 Quote 
#Join Japan
Allan Huat
(Group Pro - 2)

Malaysia 
Certified: 
Old post #20 posted Feb 5th 2015, 17:17:16 Quote 
#Join Sweden
Jos Kwan
(Group Rookie - 356)

Malaysia 
Certified: 
Old post #21 posted Feb 5th 2015, 17:19:57 Quote 
# Join Italy
Dominik Karda
(Group Amateur - 78)

Czech Republic 
Certified: 
Old post #22 posted Feb 5th 2015, 19:48:47 Quote 
Gah.

##Unjoin Czech Republic
##Join Sweden
Mateusz Oleś
(Group Rookie - 88)

Poland 
Certified: 
Old post #23 posted Feb 5th 2015, 22:29:45 Quote 
join Korea
Radek Sus
(Group Pro - 17)

Topic mod
Poland 
Certified: 
Old post #24 posted Feb 6th 2015, 08:38:42 Quote 
List o teams updated.

We have 2 teams (Korea and Sweden) completed and 16 jumpers altogether at the moment. I'm waiting for more. Who is next?
Vlad Bercovici
(Group Rookie - 117)

Romania 
Certified: 
Old post #25 posted Feb 6th 2015, 09:08:34 Quote 
#join Romania
Goran Slunjski
(Group Pro - 25)

Croatia 
Certified: 
Old post #26 posted Feb 7th 2015, 19:34:50 Quote 
#Join Italy
Radek Sus
(Group Pro - 17)

Topic mod
Poland 
Certified: 
Old post #27 posted Feb 8th 2015, 11:34:13 Quote 
Italy and Japan almost complete
Marcin Zawiślak
(Group Rookie - 396)

Poland 
Certified: 
Old post #28 posted Feb 8th 2015, 15:04:27 Quote 
#join Poland
Alexey Manukalov
(Group Elite)

Russian Federation 
Certified: 
Old post #29 posted Feb 9th 2015, 10:44:33 Quote 
#Join Russia
Kuba Szajbel
(Group Pro - 19)

Poland 
Certified: 
Old post #30 posted Feb 9th 2015, 14:19:25 Quote 
If Japan doesn't mind

#join Japan
Page [12 3 ... 22 23 24 » Quick go to page:
Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Forum games > ELITE Ski Jumping [7,5 EUR] Add this topic to your ignore list Add this topic to your watchlist

Reply to this topic